a fail of a bh run

13»

Comments

• _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Dude, unplug your computer, you've just failed.

great minds think alike b:chuckle
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    great minds think alike b:chuckle

*High five* See there are intelligent people on heaven's tear b:chuckle.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    vit=health=defense?

Thread. Failed. All of you.

It turned into an e-peen contest of if an archer can tank Jewelscalen or not.
    who heard of archers below level 89 tanking bosses in bh's anyways?
    You're Stupid

Whoever said youre stupid is a fail. You just started a 4 page argument cause someone thought archers couldnt tank and you had to bring your lil story of heroicly tanking Polearm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just counting the Stats

Str: Adds phys def

Vit: Adds phys def, mag def and HP

100 Vit points give the same Phys def as 100 str points.(52.25)

So on paper Vit does look the better

BUT

100 Vit/str the phys defense is miniscule at 52.25. So where Str wins hands down for the defense stake's is it allowing you to wear better armour, which is wear the major boost to phys res comes from.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Whoever said youre stupid is a fail. You just started a 4 page argument cause someone thought archers couldnt tank and you had to bring your lil story of heroicly tanking Polearm.

It's a real shame, Hyrdra.

Normally your posts generally have more input, make slightly more sense and I normally agree with the things you say.

However, I am not a fail for pointing out the flaw in the saying archers cannot tank BHs, nor am I fail for pointing why why it is absolutely fine for an archer to tank bosses.
    Also, if you had actually done a little bit of research, you would have noticed I never claimed to tank Polearm, and in fact said the opposite. Polearm is one of the four or five BH bosses an archer can't tank.

Nice try anyway. ^^

I think this thread became more failed when the OP started talking about guides as "being made so that the people who follow them are made weaker than the author themselves"
    I guess people should keep that in mind if they read a guide to something like FC, or Lunar, or RB, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver
    VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Want another story? I was doing the elder tortus for people. I announced it SEVEN times, and was never asked by some person who proceeded to say "FU" and tell me to go kill mobs my own level. I found that amusing. He kept moaning so I said "yea, sure, you go solo him next time he appears." He couldn't do it, I had to save him. (didn't HAVE to, but I'm nice like that, silly me) I could have let him die,and I probably should have, but it's not me. Give without the expectation of reward, or don't give at all.

I was there on my veno and saw all that junk he was typing. I couldn't help but chime in too just to say hush up. You're nicer than I am, I would have let him learn his lesson the hard way.
    - The Gaming Gearhead

My hero:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    (the very fact that at even level I took agro and held it from a barb at even level says alot)

Not really. Most of the barbs I've seen at lvl60 are just learning about their roles in squads. I BH with them from time to time and am surprised at the low quality of their gears, their lack of TT60 Axes and so on. I steal boss and mob aggro from them all the time with my archer.

The newer barbs don't have to grind as much or as often as we used to. They don't have to know their roles as well, they don't have the mentoring necessary (nor would they listen to that mentoring if it was there) and in short can and often do lose aggro and don't attempt to regain it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    there is no need for a cleric to do BB on a non AOE boss
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    @Alliptica
    I disagree with that since there are some non-AoE bosses where BB greatly reduces the work required by a cleric.

The usage of BB greatly depends on the tank's ability to take in damage and the cleric. I tanked pyro once on my archer (yes, was a desperate situation since the tank dced and I was the only one with sufficient HP to rake in the damage) and BB ensured that the clerics (yes there were 2) had a much easier time managing the heals (and DDing) on this uncharmed archer.

So yes, it all depends on the squad, tank, situation, etc.

@XylolyX
    I am relatively new compared to you but I agree with this. I've stolen aggro from the newer generation of barbs using normal attacks while older and sometimes lower level barbs have literally allowed me to go full out without risking an aggro steal. The "younger" generation of barbs are usually less adept at holding aggro compared to an equal levelled "older" generation barb.

They simply dont seem to use the right skills. I remember I had to like wait for 30 seconds to see a ream on the boss and another tanking in human form (I had to simply stand doing nothing b:angry).
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The reason why the newer generation of players aren't as good as the older generaition is simple, they haven't had to work like for their levels half as much as the older generation had to, now adays up till around level 80ish the levels are basically given to you with hardly any work, there are so many dailies now its not exactly hard to get to 90 either.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    there is no need for a cleric to do BB on a non AOE boss

Not always true. If the tank needs the damage reduction of BB to avoid being one or two shot (General Wurlord in 2-x for example, where barbs need both the damage reduction of BB and the higher heal rate of Ironheart spam to survive) then BB is necessary. Also, if there's aggro ping pong due to no barb in squad (or incompetent barb) or there's no puller in squad on a boss with adds, BB may be the simplest solution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Crypsis - Lost City
    Crypsis - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    After reading this tread i can totally see why it takes OP 45 min to get a BH squad lol

If you're his offensive + bad attitude already at lvl 61 there will more fail BHs to follow in near future b:surrender.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited February 2010

@XylolyX
    I am relatively new compared to you but I agree with this. I've stolen aggro from the newer generation of barbs using normal attacks while older and sometimes lower level barbs have literally allowed me to go full out without risking an aggro steal. The "younger" generation of barbs are usually less adept at holding aggro compared to an equal levelled "older" generation barb.

They simply dont seem to use the right skills. I remember I had to like wait for 30 seconds to see a ream on the boss and another tanking in human form (I had to simply stand doing nothing b:angry).

Unless he's got a 3 digit level, that's your first sign to bail from the squad.

I will admit that there are some aggro management problems that have happened...but that's still no excuse for no FR on the first hit, a Devour on the second and holding a continuous bleed on mob/boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    *snip* in short can and often do lose aggro and don't attempt to regain it.
    this one tried hard to take it back, but it was 24, not 60+ (my sin was 26 at the time)
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Drop should go to whoever got it at random. If you thought you deserved anything more you should have asked for it before going on your veno. Also, while it was certainly nice of you, why you would give the cleric oracles if his dying wasn't your fault? Just being generous? Well, the same principle applies to mold drops, you weren't expecting one to drop so really you had already made up your mind about taking whatever loses you had. The underlying concept here is whatever arrangement you had for loot distribution remained unchanged.

And really i don't believe in compensating someone when you're not responsible for their loss. Why? It later makes others feel entitled because what they did was not actually restitution but a favor. And it's poor taste to demand a favor be repaid when it wasn't asked for.