GMs you have a HUGE problem

Options

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wow.... take a chill pill. Breathe deeply. Count to ten.

1) You aren't that special. Everybody gets ks'd sometimes. We do something called deal with it. If you have ever seen GMs posting about kill stealing you will realise they say that the definition of kill steal can vary based on opinion.

You go ahead and report those people. They won't be banned for kill stealing. They won't be banned because oh holy **** they killed a mob you were attacking. Nothing special is going to happen. You will just whine, and moan, and moan, and whine.

2) It's not a huge problem for GMs. Sensible players learn to live with kill stealing because they recognise that short of it being blatant, constant kill stealing and harassment the GMs can do N O T H I N G about it.

3) Can we cut down on the QQ Tideborns suck threads please? I mean I'm not too fond of the fish either but even I'm getting sick of seeing all these ridiculous threads.

QQ moar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Overpowered, my blue-haired, purple ****. Do you know how much mana Psys burn through in one grinding session? It's a LOT, and we can't take a lot of hits before we go poof, either. And assassins? I've squadded with them - they don't last long, either. Sure, both classes hit pretty hard, but they're not unstoppable.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    As others here have stated, "kill-stealing" is not a violation unless it escalates into harassment, which would entail being followed from zone to zone.

Our GM's will not police "kill-stealing", but if you are being harassed, please send in a ticket with screen shots attached, and we will most certainly assist you.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ksing is something everyone must deal with in an MMO. Changing servers (if you think is that big of an issue in RT) would be the best solution, but since apparently you feel the need to open a franchise in every server there's really no resonable solution you can ask from GMs.

SKILL would allow you to cope with the issue. Failing that there's playing SMART, if you have chars on all servers you obviously dedicate enough time to the game that you could choose to play in slow hours and shouldn't have a problem locating more isolated spots. Failing that there's this thing called TEAMWORK if things have gotten to the point the game is near unplayable, it's very difficult for any class to KS from a squad. Failing that you should still have DETERMINATION, it's usually a trait required when you have no FLEXIBILITY.

Also, if you meant for GMs to do something about this you should've done it through a ticket. If you meant to raise awareness about the issue you could have phrased your post differently obviously as i find no support for your position.

Finally, i'm one of those who believe TB to be overpowered but not because of their amazing KS skills. From what i know both psychs and sins suffer from downtime issues, and using a damage based build (fastest way to level) will (for most classes) make this more a matter of hitting first, at least at the low-mid level range.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    As others here have stated, "kill-stealing" is not a violation unless it escalates into harassment, which would entail being followed from zone to zone.

Our GM's will not police "kill-stealing", but if you are being harassed, please send in a ticket with screen shots attached, and we will most certainly assist you.

Frankieeee....

2chn7nn.jpg

You know you want it....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Bigtease - Lost City
    Bigtease - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:laugh your lucky your not on a pvp server we take world bosses from rival guilds or force them to drag it into sz if we cant reset it soon enuff b:pleased
  • HB/ - Lost City8
    HB/ - Lost City8 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:embarrass all i see is a complain by venos since the 100s of mils spent on nix didnt turn out to be that worth it like before the "OP" like you say race came.. every race has a weakness.. and im pretty sure if for example game started with the tideborns and now the beasts were added people would find em OP too..
    and everyone does ks.. by mistake or not.. just learn to live with it and not complain of tideborns.. especially venos shouldnt do that cause nix aint OP at all.. nooooo b:shutup
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:embarrass all i see is a complain by venos since the 100s of mils spent on nix didnt turn out to be that worth it like before the "OP" like you say race came.. every race has a weakness.. and im pretty sure if for example game started with the tideborns and now the beasts were added people would find em OP too..
    and everyone does ks.. by mistake or not.. just learn to live with it and not complain of tideborns.. especially venos shouldnt do that cause nix aint OP at all.. nooooo b:shutup

Actually the nix is one of the most handy ways to deal with sins. Just set it to defend and it will auto attack the sec a veno takes a hit. And bleed will keep ticking if sin tries to stealth out...

You 3 year olds and your "not it" arguments. Sins aren't OP cuz they take down venos. Really man, that you resort to attacking people because of their class just shows you lack the intelligence to formulate a real argument. STFU.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Actually the nix is one of the most handy ways to deal with sins. Just set it to defend and it will auto attack the sec a veno takes a hit. And bleed will keep ticking if sin tries to stealth out...

You 3 year olds and your "not it" arguments. Sins aren't OP cuz they take down venos. Really man, that you resort to attacking people because of their class just shows you lack the intelligence to formulate a real argument. STFU.

If dev. would care about their customers, the Nix bleed would be already fixed. I have also some DOT spells but all have damage reduction in PvP. Why nix doesn't have it?
    Because GM has money from this bug.b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    KS happens. I agree it's annoying, but I deal with it. Unless someone starts to rage at me because they KSed me, or harrass me, I won't report... because there's nothing to report really.

About reporting a 100 people each day... I'm sorry, but wow. That's insane. Honestly I find this very hard to believe. Either that, or your standards for what's report-worthy are way too low (ie. everyone who cusses > insta-report). I've been playing this game since Sept. 2008 and I've reported 3 people across 2 servers for harrassment...

Dark and overpowered race, tides? They're like any other class, and I'm glad more people are realizing this. They have their ups and downs. Veno is still overpowered compared to the tides.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If dev. would care about their customers, the Nix bleed would be already fixed. I have also some DOT spells but all have damage reduction in PvP. Why nix doesn't have it?
    Because GM has money from this bug.b:angry

I'm not arguing about the nix bleed. Fact is i agree with you and would like to see this fixed myself. However sins are hardly inmune to it, so trying to say that venos only complaint because tideborn have made them obsolete is bull, and i was calling the guy i responded to on that.

Besides, as has been discussed in other threads, there are easy counters available to nix bleed (blood clot, cauterize). Last i checked there wasn't any level 1 genie skill that countered stealth...

Edit;@Xanzerstorer; Care to back that up? Venos have been getting nothing but nerfs since the game came out. No reflect on pvp (which psychs do posses), pulling easily available to all classes now (veno pulling was never an exploit as some trolls have suggested) and more powerful debuffs now given to sins. Purge is about the only thing venos can do other classes can't... Also we don't hit hard (as either dps or nukes), cannot tank on par with barbs or bms, and our survival skills are meant more for PvE than PvP, and not outside the realm of what properly skilled, equipped players from other classes can accomplish. Even our soloing ability has been limited with nerfs to drop rates to single mode TT. Most well geared high levels can deal with a nix.

It's good to know you're a TB fanboy, but don't try to pass your speculations as common knowledge.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm not arguing about the nix bleed. Fact is i agree with you and would like to see this fixed myself. However sins are hardly inmune to it, so trying to say that venos only complaint because tideborn have made them obsolete is bull, and i was calling the guy i responded to on that.

Besides, as has been discussed in other threats, there are easy counters available to nix bleed (blood clot, cauterize). Last i checked there wasn't any level 1 genie skill that countered stealth...

Ok. Peace.b:chuckle
    One thing is absolutely clear. And will be still more and more obvious. They are OP. And when they will lv. 100 nobody will handle them.(except barbs and their huge HP) I'm 10000% sure. We all have to send tickets about that every week. More tickets=bigger chance for fixing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    mhm i agree with you. i get ks'ed on a regular basis. so i invite them to squad.

but yeah, ksing is always a major problem in pve servers/games. and GMs dont care enough to do something about it :/
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    GM answered, thread is ended:

sidenote for frankieraye:
    Frankieeee....

2chn7nn.jpg

You know you want it....

personal opinion:
    they ks you, ks or pk them back. simple as that

also, gtfo with your religious stuff, i find it offensive
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • BattleFairy - Lost City
    BattleFairy - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i swear the op is a troll.

if not, its her/his first online video game ever.

if not, they are the most boring person ever.
    The Swarm is imminent...
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Plz take this seriously, as this is not me posting a rant, but a very real and big problem.

The issue starts with 2 things combined:
    1. the Tideborn expansion.
    2. the Raging Tide server.

The Tideborn expansion brought a dark and overpowered race into the game. This doesn't change players personality, but brings forward rude and careless behaviour we have not seen on other servers. I don't believe teh problem is alot of new players, but the new layers here are plying a totally different game, than what we started out with in closed/open beta.

The scale of the problem: just at the spot i am fighting at any time, more than 50% of the ppl coming by, is Kill Stealing (KS) me. Kill Stealing is when you atatck a mob another player have aggro on, and that can be several mobs. Some say they just wanted to help out, but ask a player before you start to help, ty. If I should report according to TOS (like I should do), I must submit screens and tickets on more than 100 players daily (no joke). In addition about 50% of the mentioned players that I tell how to play according to the rules of the game, they swear and laugh at me.

People that know me, know that i play fair and take this seriously as a game, not making more fuzz than is needed. I spend a big part of the game teaching players the rules instead of them doing so before starting to play.

I refuse to do 2 things:
    1. change server.
    2. leave the rule violations unattended.

I believe strongly that this problem is created by PWE and not the new gamers joining (those are most welcome here).
    So the question has to be:

What will the GMs and PWE do to adress and fix the issue at hand?

b:thanks b:heart

PS: I have also submitted a ticket on this, this thread is to educate especially Raging Tide players, and all other new players.

omg fail

typical pve server qq

there are far more important issues to deal with atm

bugfixes

the fact that playing the game has become obsolete (more efficient to work a few hours IRL and convert your earnings to zen, you will make more progress in game than a person who spent that time playing. when this happens in a game it starts to die)

tborn sage/demon/79/100 skills

lunar/warsong needs to be fixed

with the new BH system all you ever do is do BH. apart from instances and towns, the server is empty. they could have just improved the exp/sp rewards and left it at one BH

mister tso wines which can be bough with coin is pointless do u too pricing
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    mhm i agree with you. i get ks'ed on a regular basis. so i invite them to squad.

but yeah, ksing is always a major problem in pve servers/games. and GMs dont care enough to do something about it :/

There is such thing as accidental KS. In fact, most KS incidences are accidental/unintentional. It's impossible to completely avoid such KSing, especially where lag is a cause.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    mayhaps this be more fitting
    Stephanie%20Ratcliff,%20Night%20of%20the%20Hell%20Hamsters.jpg
    b:avoid

Looks more like something my auntd dog might cough upb:laugh.........you never know what that damn dog will eat (he ate a pair of socks last time I was over there)
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • SilentReaper - Harshlands
    SilentReaper - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    pvp server ftw. b:victory
    I have no problem with ksers b:laugh.
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Plz take this seriously, as this is not me posting a rant, but a very real and big problem.

The issue starts with 2 things combined:
    1. the Tideborn expansion.
    2. the Raging Tide server.

You haven't mentioned anything about #2. What is wrong with the new server again?
    hai2u
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I like newer players. They think they're all that until an older player stomps on them. I wasn't the first to play on PWI, I was deployed at the time. But when I came back, I had to build up through **** holes and complete idiots to get higher in class. Now the new people are doing it.
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If you ask me this thread is the huge problem. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    About reporting a 100 people each day... I'm sorry, but wow. That's insane. Honestly I find this very hard to believe. Either that, or your standards for what's report-worthy are way too low (ie. everyone who cusses > insta-report). I've been playing this game since Sept. 2008 and I've reported 3 people across 2 servers for harrassment...

Exactly my point, this was never an issue prior to the new server, it's not an individual prob so to speak but a disease spreading way much more on this server than any others, so people not playing Raging Tide server. plz be quiet, you don't see the prob first hand.

This is more an issue for the devs than the GMs, but to move forward, as many as possible has to be aware of this. This thread is clearly eveidence that even experienced players (on other servers) don't understand this beeing a harassment even if they dont follow you around, just cause they are so many. i hav no problem beeing ganked on a pvp server, just mean you play more efficient than me. when i choose to play pve i would like some relief from other players from time to time, that nopt the case here. just my 2 cents.

b:thanks
    b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361
  • WWGD - Sanctuary
    WWGD - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    -.-

Just move on.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What will the GMs and PWE do to adress and fix the issue at hand?

I wont QQ over it.
  • u235
    u235 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If I should report according to TOS (like I should do), I must submit screens and tickets on more than 100 players daily (no joke).

I'm sorry but I just can't buy this. Impossible for me.
  • NecroKitty - Harshlands
    NecroKitty - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have seen too many peopele throw this term, KS, around liberally, to take it seriously anymore. I dont know all the details but OP sounds like one of those that scream KS anytime someone hits a mob in his/her eyesight.

Secondly, i dont even see how a range class can even be KSed by another player of same level. They would have to see what mob your targeting after you hit it. Then "offender" would have to target it themselves. By this time your second attack will be about to hit. Now, how are they going to do over 50% damage on that mob to KS you? They may get a lucky crit once in awhile, for the most part they be wasting their time

A range class could make a melee classes life hell, cause he has to run to mob. A range class can not KS another range class and a melee class can not KS another melee class of same level. They can follow you around and get the last hit on a mob and be possible annoying but you will still get the drop, therefore not KS.

If mobs were plentiful it wouldnt bother me if someone followed me around all day and attack same mob as me. I would earn money faster. Hit mob 2 times to get it under 50% hp and then more to the next one. If it drops something good go back and pick it up.
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Exactly my point, this was never an issue prior to the new server, it's not an individual prob so to speak but a disease spreading way much more on this server than any others, so people not playing Raging Tide server. plz be quiet, you don't see the prob first hand.

Actually I played RT for a while. I'm just wondering why you're sending 100+ reports a day, and what's your basis on sending a report. Means you wanna get 100+ banned a day, that's insane... that's aside the people who deserve reports that other people may send legit. Because I hardly believe you come across 100 people report-worthy a day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    When are ppl gonna stop QQing about Tideborn. Tideborn are OP, Tideborn KS too much, Tideborn are arrogant, Tideborn are useless in a squad. Nerf the Tideborn. Every thread QQing about the Tideborn is simply because they don't know how to beat us yet. Either figure it out or rage quit, we WONT miss you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Sounds like you have a prob, not the GM's

Seriusly, stop whining. This happens always, with every class that can deal dmg fast (veno's have always been a prob, archers were also good in it)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
This discussion has been closed.