Fist BM's Vs Assassins

Comments

• rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    it wont work like that, cuz it doesnt affect interval gear i think.
  • BIaze_ - Heavens Tear
    BIaze_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:shocked rib strike lvl = 50% less attack.
    50% of 5hits/sec = 2.5hits/sec, not so dangerous anymore :)

Cyclone heel lvl 10 = +12% attack rate.
    Demon Cyclone heel = +20% attack rate.
    or just use relentless courage.

guess its back to being deadly again =)
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yes you are right, but if you swing at me with regular attacks dont you think its a chance it will miss, miss, hit, hit, miss or hit ,miss,miss hit, miss not saying its gonna be like that ALL the time but for a barb/BM swinging at me for the first time usually is a miss.....and to thing sins would get a 1 hit ko from a regular attack is really funny..idk where you guys get your info from but it is hilairiousb:chuckle

Skills don't have better chance to hit. If they have good accuracy, attacks will hit and it will build up.
    Also, never said Sin would get 1 hit ko from a regular attack. But it is still harmful. Usually when I use a skill, I use it for effect rather than damage--couple of auto attacks can easily top a single skill usage, much more if the skill happens to miss.

If the seal effect lasted as long as Rib Strike, THEN you'd be shutting down attacks AND skills, but it doesn't. HA can deal damage with skills or auto attacks so the variety of effect ailments Sins have is still mostly moot against HA.
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    t
    also i really dont suggest trying to stunlock as a sin... the stuns/seals/freez/sleep skills we do have is mainly use to either escape when the situation turns bad or get in a few extra hits without being hit in return and lessen dmg.

if u try to stun lock u will loose alot of potential dmg that u could have done otherwise. the only thing we can really to do "lock" someone that i can see is Tackling+head hunt+throat cut. but that wont exactly be locking because in order for us to "lock" someone we would have to continuly keep them locked. and the cooldown time on our stun/seal skills are to long to allow for that. and by the time u go to another combo they will be out of the "lock". which defeats the whole purpose...

like i said those stun/seals/sleep/imobolization skills are meant for set ups to safely prepare for a next atk/combo without getting hit or to escape from a loosing battle. there not meant to lock like BMs stun skills.

honestly the best way to take down HAs is to DPS them. skills wont be cutting it unless ur constantly using ur ultis and have chill of deep up. not to mention ud also have to be spark erupting often of course. even all of that really wont cut it unless u have highly refined daggers. the best and sure fire way is to get high atk speed and DPS them to death. skills will just be to slow and in turn they will be doing more dmg on u then u will be doing on them. and seeing as how they have a high def and high HP pool cuz of HA armor compared to ur lower def and lower HP pool for using LA armor then well take a guess who will win.
    Not being rude, but I honestly, simply disagree. You have the potential to lock an opponent for at least half a minute, making them unable to return damage to you - yet - you suggest that we should place the emphasis of our control skills on fleeing? The whole point of the lock is to disable the opponent's ability to attack you - and yes - you do sacrifice damage - but tell me the truth:
    Would you rather just stand there and regular attack
    - or -
    Inhibit the opponent from landing any attacks on you with a control lock combo while hitting them with skills with ~50 Attack Level?

If you choose the first, are you so confident that in the 10 seconds of maze steps, you can DPS an HA to death (without 5 attacks per second)?

Just because you haven't figured out how to build a combo that locks an opponent doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If you actually spend more time to take a look at your class's skill cooldowns, you might figure something out.

In my honest opinion, without IAS, control locking the target is still one of the best ways to fight our vs HA matchups. Of course, if you have lots of IAS, DPSing is undeniably a powerful weapon against HA, but most don't have time/gear/cash/will to achieve 5 aps.

maocchi wrote: »
    Umm, correct me if I'm wrong but seal doesn't stop you from attacking?
    And I don't know about Barbs but BM with a spell...lol

The only thing a Sin could do while his HA opponent is sleeping is either give the chance for skills to recharge, buff, or run away.

Yes, but it doesn't stop you from attacking.

Lol, I assume that you have never played a class that can inflict silence. One of the main reasons I quit my bm for a sin is because there was one class I always had trouble fighting against - Wizards - especially in air combat. Why couldn't I beat them? Most definitely because of seal.

Seals inhibits both casting AND attacking.

Proof: Use seal on a physical wraith. Why do you think sealing it makes it run away? Because it doesn't have any other option - it can't attack or cast a spell, so it runs.

Without throatcut, we can't lock. It's critical to the integrity of the combos.

I'm surprised that so many people are confused by the concept of sin-locking. While your target is under the lock, they will NOT be able to attack/use skills for the entire duration of the lock ~ and for the majority of the time, they wont be able to walk around either. This lock can be easily accomplished for any well leveled sin, and with things like occult ice, locking for 40+ seconds can be done.
  • Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear
    Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    skyxiii wrote: »
    Lol, have you ever played a class with seals? One of the MAIN reasons I quite my bm for a sin is because there was one class I always had trouble fighting - Wizards - especially in air combat. Why couldn't I beat them? Most definitely because of seal.

Proof? Use seal on a physical wraith. Why do you think sealing it makes it run away? Because it doesn't have any other option - it can't attack or cast a spell, so it runs.

One word: Smack(not spammable but it is one so we know...you know?~.~)
  • skyxiii
    edited February 2010
    One word: Smack(not spammable but it is one so we know...you know?~.~)

Ah I see what you mean now ~ but still, with distance shrink being better than our jumps, I always had trouble fighting them in the air - especially when they casted from afar at max range and caught me by surprise. Besides that, I could never get my seal off before their instant sleep ~ which they could chain with seal afterwards.
  • Psychosiss - Heavens Tear
    Psychosiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Not being rude, but I honestly, simply disagree. You have the potential to lock an opponent for at least half a minute, making them unable to return damage to you - yet - you suggest that we should place the emphasis of our control skills on fleeing? The whole point of the lock is to disable the opponent's ability to attack you - and yes - you do sacrifice damage - but tell me the truth:
    Would you rather just stand there and regular attack
    - or -
    Inhibit the opponent from landing any attacks on you with a control lock combo while hitting them with skills with ~50 Attack Level?

If you choose the first, are you so confident that in the 10 seconds of maze steps, you can DPS an HA to death (without 5 attacks per second)?

Just because you haven't figured out how to build a combo that locks an opponent doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If you actually spend more time to take a look at your class's skill cooldowns, you might figure something out.

In my honest opinion, without IAS, control locking the target is still one of the best ways to fight our vs HA matchups. Of course, if you have lots of IAS, DPSing is undeniably a powerful weapon against HA, but most don't have time/gear/cash/will to achieve 5 aps.

Lol, I assume that you have never played a class that can inflict silence. One of the main reasons I quit my bm for a sin is because there was one class I always had trouble fighting against - Wizards - especially in air combat. Why couldn't I beat them? Most definitely because of seal.

Proof: Use seal on a physical wraith. Why do you think sealing it makes it run away? Because it doesn't have any other option - it can't attack or cast a spell, so it runs.

Without throatcut, we can't lock. It's critical to the integrity of the combos.

I'm surprised that so many people are confused by the concept of sin-locking. While your target is under the lock, they will NOT be able to attack/use skills for the entire duration of the lock ~ and for the majority of the time, they wont be able to walk around either. This lock can be easily accomplished for any well leveled sin, and with things like occult ice, locking for 40+ seconds can be done.

you keep saying you can lock someone for up to 30-40 secs but u refuse to provide any information to do so. just about everyone is dissagreeing with u on the fact that a sin can lock someone for that long. please provide the exact combo in which u can keep someone locked for 30-40 seconds...
  • skyxiii
    edited February 2010
    you keep saying you can lock someone for up to 30-40 secs but u refuse to provide any information to do so. just about everyone is dissagreeing with u on the fact that a sin can lock someone for that long. please provide the exact combo in which u can keep someone locked for 30-40 seconds...

You can disagree as much as you want.
    In fact, I really don't mind how many people disagree with me on this.

I wont give you my combos, but you can't prove me wrong either. Don't get me wrong, I love helping people out! But I spent a lot of time on these and just passing them on to a stranger feels funny. And - it's not just 1 single combo - it has multiple branches - and the way it's executed depends on many factors. For example, if an opponent is moving instead of stationary, I need to use a different ordering of skills.

As long as I know it works, that's good enough for me. It seems more right to me if you went and did a little research yourself. If you come up with something, let me know and I'll see if I can add any input.

Answer me one thing though - What's the main reason why you think we can't lock a target for at least 30 seconds?
    edited February 2010
    You can disagree as much as you want.
    In fact, I really don't mind how many people disagree with me on this.

I wont give you my combos, but you can't prove me wrong either. Don't get me wrong, I love helping people out! But I spent a lot of time on these and just passing them on to a stranger feels funny. And - it's not just 1 single combo - it has multiple branches - and the way it's executed depends on many factors. For example, if an opponent is moving instead of stationary, I need to use a different ordering of skills.

As long as I know it works, that's good enough for me. It seems more right to me if you went and did a little research yourself. If you come up with something, let me know and I'll see if I can add any input.

Answer me one thing though - What's the main reason why you think we can't lock a target for at least 30 seconds?

its obvious u have no combo. and first and foremost reason is throat cut is a 8 sec cooldown. head hunt is a 30 sec cooldown... at most u will keep them locked for 9 seconds. u might be able to get in another throat cut for an additiona 4 second seal but thats it. after that u will have to wait on head hunts cooldown. shadow teleport is 180 second cooldown so that wont work either.

so at the very very most u will only keep someone locked for 13-16 seconds not 30-40. for 13-16 seconds seconds they will be unable to atk. after that time is up they will be able to atk u while ur skills are in cooldown.

now tell me where u get this 30-40 second lock from? we only have throat cut and head hunt and shadow teleport for any potential SHORT TERM lock. sleep is negligible seeing as how if u get hit the effect wears off.

if u still refuse to provide a combo im am just going to say u just dont have one at all and is just sprouting BS. after all, what ur telling me is out of all the experienced assassins in this game ur the only one who found a way to "stun lock" someone. even after many experienced assassins showed and proved u wrong. and yet u still refused to provide any information at all...

theres only one reason for that and its that u have no information. all of it is just coming out ur ****. if your going to even dare make such claims and expect someone to beleive u then put up or shut up. and if u refuse to give any information then i think u should just shut up about it. get proof or stop making these claims.
  • Alzerius - Sanctuary
    Alzerius - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ^This is what you get for feeding the troll.

BM vs Sin idk, i fought bm's but all around 40-49. which is pretty low, skills aren't unlocked...gear is horrid....etc
    i almost always won except for lv49 bm :(
    axes hurt. lolz
  • skyxiii
    edited February 2010
    If you're going to try and start something with me, just remember right here and now that it didn't have to be this way - and that if I embarrass you, you brought it upon yourself. I have been respectful to all posters of this thread up until this point, but if you're going to cross the line, then so be it. Just remember who started it and who's at fault here.
    after all, what ur telling me is out of all the experienced assassins in this game ur the only one who found a way to "stun lock" someone. and yet u still refused to provide any information at all...

I have absolutely no idea where this is coming wrong. You seriously need to learn to read . Show me WHERE I said I was the only one who found a way to lock? I bet you the lv 10x wiz on these forums with a sin alt knows how to lock.
    even after many experienced assassins showed and proved u wrong.

Where in the world is this coming from? "after many experienced assassins showed and proved u wrong" - Can you show me what you mean by this? Because I've read the entire thread, and NO one has done this. Seriously, I'm not the one making stuff up here.
    theres only one reason for that and its that u have no information. all of it is just coming out ur ****

I already told you my reason, so again, please learn to read. You just gave me more reason not to share my knowledge with you. You're being disrespectful and arrogant by starting this argument.
    if your going to even dare make such claims and expect someone to beleive u then put up or shut up.

I've already told you, right before your post, that I don't mind if you don't believe me. Again, please read.
  • Asurr - Heavens Tear
    Asurr - Heavens Tear Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    you cant stun lock with a sin. period. go BM for that.

and sky u need to stop trolling or stop providing information that you only believe to be true in your head. you have made outlandish claims in this thread in a attempt to troll or attempt to show that you are "smart" but you refuse to give any reason to back up your claims. so stop trolling, this thread has no need for that.
  • skyxiii
    edited February 2010
    Um, I'm not trolling. Everything I've said I can back up. Show me one outlandish claim I've made, and I'll gladly stop posting immediately. Go on.
    If you want me to show you a control lock combo, bring a character onto LC or have one of your friends meet me. My patience is running thin for people like you who equate genuine discussion contribution to trolling. If it takes this for you to recede your rudeness, then I'll agree to it. Meet me up.

You need to respect others' opinions. Do you even know the meaning of "trolling"? - or do you simply apply it to someone who's talking about something you don't believe/understand yourself?

Your post is clearly flawed in that it shows your misunderstanding of my intentions. I post here not "in attempt to show how smart I am". I am only adding to the discussion with my genuine thoughts - this is trolling to you?
    edited February 2010
    Um, I'm not trolling. Everything I've said I can back up. Show me one outlandish claim I've made, and I'll gladly stop posting immediately. Go on. If you want me to show you a control lock combo, bring a character onto LC or have one of your friends meet me. My patience is running thin for people like you who equate genuine discussion contribution to trolling.

You need to respect others' opinions. Do you even know the meaning of "trolling"? - or do you simply apply it to someone who's talking about something you don't believe/understand yourself?

Your post is clearly flawed in that it shows your misunderstanding of my intentions. I post here not "in attempt to show how smart I am". I am only adding to the discussion with my genuine thoughts - this is trolling?

lol. look dude, you refuse to show any proof to back up ur claims plain and simple. basically what youve been saying this entire thread is like saying "i ran around the world 3 times without stopping in only 1 day and i have a video proving that i did so. but i refuse to show u that video cuz i dont want anyone to discover my secrets on how i did it!" or "i seen real aliens and UFOs and i have high quality pics and videos to prove there real! but i dont want to show u guys those pics/videos because i dont want to show u those pics and videos!"

do you now see where im going with this? u claim that a sin can stun lock for 30-40+ seconds and u claim u know how to do it s but u refuse to provide proof.

all you have to do is provide proof, whats so hard about that? if what you sai is true all you simply have to do is say HOW its done. in what order do u do this and that to achieve ur claimed 30-40 second stun lock? if you continue to make these claims then u must provid proof, if u refuse to provide proof then what is the point of even making the claim in the first place? no one will beleive u and thus it would be stupid to bring it up at all...
  • skyxiii
    edited February 2010
    You should read my previous post. It's like you don't read them at all. I've already said it. I am willing to meet up in game and lock you, but I wont write it out for you.
    It's not stupid to bring it up. This is similar to the case back then with fist bms. When people brought up their potential, everyone FLAMED on them. Now the vast majority of players understand that a fist bm with enough stacked -interval is deadly. Was it stupid for the first fist pioneers to state their opinions? No.
    I'm just letting you guys know it's there.
    If you don't want to meet, then there's nothing else I can say here. I'm completely fine with withdrawing from this discussion. I'll just keep these to myself and teach them to more open-minded people.
    Take it or leave it.
    edited February 2010
    You should read my previous post. It's like you don't read them at all. I've already said it. I am willing to meet up in game and lock you, but I wont write it out for you.
    It's not stupid to bring it up. This is similar to the case back then with fist bms. When people brought up their potential, everyone FLAMED on them. Now the vast majority of players understand that a fist bm with enough stacked -interval is deadly. Was it stupid for the first fist pioneers to state their opinions? No.
    I'm just letting you guys know it's there.
    If you don't want to meet, then there's nothing else I can say here. I'm completely fine with withdrawing from this discussion. I'll just keep these to myself and teach them to more open-minded people.
    Take it or leave it.

the thing is, back then fist BMs did provide the math and proof in words to prove there potential. and backed it up even further with youtube vids. even the potential DPS thread for sins was backed up in some way by many ppl. right now u have nothing at all. that is the key diffrence here in ur statement and other peoples statements about the potential sins have and even back when fist BMs were being flamed. they had the PROOF. u have nothing at all. all ur saying is "sins can stunlock barbs for 30 seconds and if u want proof come see me ingame. even tho ur probaly not on my server at all and i more then likely wont show up come see me anyway!"

provide facts man unless u want every person on these forums who dont beleive u trying to see u in game. whats so hard about typing it out right here on the forums? why is it someone has to go out of there way and see u in game to prove what your saying is true? write it out yourself. if not then seriously stop claiming they can do it. untill u can provide SOME kind of actually proof that its ATLEAST possible then ur claims are nothing more then dust in the wind.

so pls, just stop making these claims unless u can provide proof. or it will continue to be shot down. so yes please "withdraw from this discussion" untill u can provide some proof.
  • skyxiii
    edited February 2010
    I'm tired of talking with you.
    No matter how much sense I try to talk into you, it just bounces right off.

Please stop calling it stunlock, as this will just confuse more people. It's a control lock that stops the opponent from attacking.

If I post this, will you concede to your own inferiority for not being able to devise a combo yourself?
    Will you admit that you were utterly wrong about all of the following:
    its obvious u have no combo.
    so at the very very most u will only keep someone locked for 13-16 seconds not 30-40. for 13-16 seconds seconds they will be unable to atk. after that time is up they will be able to atk u while ur skills are in cooldown
    just sprouting BS.
    u still refused to provide any information at all...
    theres only one reason for that and its that u have no information.
    all of it is just coming out ur ****
    + every other point you or any other poster brought up in disagreement with me
    ?

Will both you and Asur apologize for disrespectful behavior/rudeness, and acknowledge that I know what I'm talking about - and you do not?

Will you accept that you wasted our time doubting me and that you pretended to possess sufficient knowledge on the subject, when in reality, you don't?

And lastly, will you give credit to me and not go around touting it as your own work?

If yes to all of the above, then I'll post.
    edited February 2010
    I'm tired of talking with you.
    No matter how much sense I try to talk into you, it just bounces right off.

Please stop calling it stunlock, as this will just confuse more people. It's a control lock that stops the opponent from attacking.

If I post this, will you concede to your own inferiority for not being able to devise a combo yourself?
    Will you admit that you were utterly wrong about all of the following:

+ every other point you or any other poster brought up in disagreement with me
    ?

Will both you and Asur apologize for disrespectful behavior/rudeness, and acknowledge that I know what I'm talking about - and you do not?

And lastly, will you give credit to me and not go around touting it as your own work?

If yes to all of the above, then I'll post.

yes i will gladly concede and apologize to u if u post ur evidence. i have no problem with that at all. its what i wanted from the start anyway, nice cold hard evidence that u can "control lock" someone as u put it. in this control lock you mentioned there should be no way to atk or do much of anything for the 30-40 seconds in which u say u can keep someone in the control lock.
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Wow, quit raging on sky. Take a look at the assassin skills and devise a combo of your own. Keep in mind, it's a control lock, not a stun lock, so sleep counts.

Deep sting - sleeps the target
    Headhunt - stuns the target
    Shadow teleport - stuns the target
    Tackling slash - immobilizes the target (can't run)
    Throat cut - seals the target (can't use skills, and iirc can't attack, can only run)

I'm not gonna list the times for those because I'm lazy. Someone who cares enough, look them up at max or even mid level (duration + cooldown).

Either way, devise a combo using that. It's not that hard.. I've been using it on elite mobs for ages, and I'm pretty damn sure it'd work on other players (but atm I don't duel much or PvP, yay I'm a carebear x3)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skyxiii
    edited February 2010
    Ephe <3 ~ I happen to like carebears...very much b:cute

Here's one of my combos. Keep in mind that it definitely is not my best. This debate isn't worth that.

Silence -> Freeze -> R. Slash -> Sleep -> Inner Harmony -> (Wait to benefit cooldowns) -> Stun -> Rising Dragon -> R. Slash -> Silence -> Knife -> Freeze -> Sleep -> (Wait to benefit cooldowns)
    At this point, the combo already passes your "16 second tops" theory.
    zzzz, I haven't even used telestun yet, but I'll continue on a bit more. . .
    -> Silence -> Rift -> Twin -> Tele-Stun
    Can I stop now? You can continue to seal the enemy when Tele-Stun is about to run out. If this isn't enough for you, throw occult ice's 6 second seal in. Do you realize that by now, your Rising Dragon and Headhunt are ready to go again?
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    freeze = tackling slash? (I'm guessing?)

If so, based on my non-max skills.. (not sure if all durations increase with increased skill level) & taking into account only stun/freeze/silence/sleep type skills

Silence (lv 7, CD 8 seconds) 3.4 seconds
    Freeze (lv 5, CD 15 seconds) 7.5 seconds
    Sleep (lv 1, CD 15 seconds) 5 seconds
    Stun (lv6, CD 30 seconds) 4.2 seconds
    Freeze (lv 5, CD 15 seconds) 7.5 seconds
    Sleep (lv 1, CD 15 seconds) 5 seconds
    Tele-stun (lv 1, CD 180 seconds) 3 seconds

That's a total of 42.4 seconds if timed perfectly (without overlapping). Would probably have to overlap a little to allow for adequate cooldown on some skills, but.. still gives you a pretty long control lock over your poor target x.o

Keep in mind that's based on non-max skills, and judging from the durations, it looks like at least some of them will have a longer duration at max skill level. Too lazy to look up max ^_^

Edit* (grumbles) Forgot freeze doesn't count cause they can still use ranged attacks even if you're out of melee range. Take off 15 seconds, that's still 27.4 seconds w/o max effects.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skyxiii
    edited February 2010
    Don't listen to ephey's previous post, they teach her weird things over there at UCLA b:chuckle.
    She's also drunk. . .
    drunk in love with me!!
    xD!!!!
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    *kicks sky*

See if I ever post supporting you ever again u.u
    Stay on topic!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Here's one of my combos. Keep in mind that it definitely is not my best. This debate isn't worth that.

Silence -> Freeze -> R. Slash -> Sleep -> Inner Harmony -> (Wait to benefit cooldowns) -> Stun -> Rising Dragon -> R. Slash -> Silence -> Knife -> Freeze -> Sleep -> (Wait to benefit cooldowns)
    Can I stop now? You can continue to seal the enemy when Tele-Stun is about to run out. If this isn't enough for you, throw occult ice's 6 second seal in. Do you realize that by now, your Rising Dragon and Headhunt are ready to go again?

that combo will not get passed a barbs or BMs charm. its way to low dmging. u will just be in a continual loop as u constantly tick charm. the only thing that will probaly do any real dmg is head hunt and throat cut but the rest will just be laughed off.

a BM for example will can stun, DD, go to next stun, DD, go to next stun etc etc. with your combo your relying solely on the skill dmg from the stun/silence/sleep effect itself to do dmg which just will not cut it against any decent HA player.

simply put, that combo will annoy a charmed HA at best. but it will not get u a kill. if you want to take down a HA you will have to bring out more power combos to take them down. not to mention that the combo u are trying to pull off is extremly MP abusive.
  • skyxiii
    edited February 2010
    MP is pretty much non-factor for us late game.
    "that combo will not get passed a barbs or BMs charm."
    The point here isn't whether the combo bypasses the charm. Sin vs. wb is already an imbalanced matchup.
    It's a lock that disables your opponent from dealing damage to you, which is a considerable weapon against any class. Every single attack will do at least base physical damage.
    If you wanted to discuss about actual methods of killing, we can add things like Thunderstorm and wood damage pots in.
    Don't forget, with Chill at lv 30, you can easily obtain around ~50 attack level too.

It's just not safe to make a claim like that until we test it on a barb with at least flawlesses in his gear.
    edited February 2010

this would work assuming the opponent is completely oblivious and is not pvp experienced. and there is a very very fatal flaw in this "control lock" you mention. and this flaw is what sets it apart from any stun locking.

first off all as you yourself has stated this "control lock" relies on throatcut to be successfull. the thing is tho throat cut is a silence not a stun. as a result you can still move around. it is also very easy to spot as it is has a slow cast time and a slow channel time. so how exactly is all this flaw and will reduce your "control lock" useless? well one simple word, jumping.

yes jumping. all you have to do is jump soon as throat cut is casted on u. jump twice and fly away. you will not be able to use freeze because if you pvped with your sin you will know certain skills will not work if someone is jumping around. all a player would have to do is jump and fly off untill the effect of silence has worn off and more then likely u will be in a air battle. and if u try to use silence in the air then all they would have to do is drop down.

this is what sets it apart from a stun lock. with a stun lock u cant move at all. try it yourself by getting one of your friends to help. silence them and have them to jump and then try freezing them with tackling after they have jumped.

because you relie solely on throat cut to silence this combo will fall apart. after all, what serious pvper will just stand there and let you finish this combo?

also because throat cut is such has a slow channel and is easy to spot a player can interrupt it. another flaw it has.
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Don't really know why he put it in that order, but I tend to use Freeze -> Silence, which works somewhat like a stun (can't attack, use skills, OR run because of freeze). And Tackling Slash casts quickly enough for them to most likely not be able to evade it =x

As for interrupting.. XD

What I notice myself doing a lot is Shadow teleport -> tackle -> silence -> rising dragon/rib strike -> slipstream (if I have time before silence is out) -> headhunt -> tackle -> silence

Or.. something along those lines. The "lock" isn't as long (or maybe it'd be longer if I actually maxed my skills..), but it gives you a reasonable amount of time to deal some damage. I mainly PVE though, only used a similar combo once in a duel, but we all know duels don't really count xD Plus.. I used it against a squishy Psychic & Archer so ._. didn't even get to execute a whole round of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Don't really know why he put it in that order, but I tend to use Freeze -> Silence, which works somewhat like a stun (can't attack, use skills, OR run because of freeze). And Tackling Slash casts quickly enough for them to most likely not be able to evade it =x

i know it can be used first. but the thing is throat cut is a very predictable skill if u played against enought sins to know what its skill animation looks like. and there fore it can be interrupted before it even gets off or use a genie skill to negate its effects.

any experience pvper will not let u do all that to them considering the ammount of time some of these skills take. it can be countered easily.
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Sorry Psychosiss, see my edit xD When I use the skills, I tend to use a stun first and start casting before it's out. Of course, that doesn't stop the use of a genie skill, but are most genies equipped with an anti-seal skill? From what I know/notice atm genies tend to be anti-stun more (bc of stun locks), but I haven't been paying specific attention =3

About your edit, shadow teleport is instant (pretty much), if they're expecting it I'm screwed, but if not I've got a decent chance. Tackle and headhunt don't take much time to execute, the only major problem is throatcut, but if you do it while they're stunned/just recovering you might be able to catch them off guard.

TBH IMO assassin is part skill part luck. I'm saying this based off of our skills.. we've got a great set of skills but a lot of it is based on chance (focused mind, tidal protection comes to mind).

Oh, plus one major advantage is our ability to hide & wait for the right moment to strike xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    most ppl keep extra spare genies to suit different situation. and some do have it to deal with clerics seals and such.

but yes as i will concede the argument and apologize to him seeing as he did come up with a good combo to keep someone locked and from atking. but it wont exactly be practical because any experience pvper simply wont let you do it.