Fist BM's Vs Assassins

124»

Comments

• skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    this would work assuming the opponent is completely oblivious and is not pvp experienced. and there is a very very fatal flaw in this "control lock" you mention. and this flaw is what sets it apart from any stun locking.

first off all as you yourself has stated this "control lock" relies on throatcut to be successfull. the thing is tho throat cut is a silence not a stun. as a result you can still move around. it is also very easy to spot as it is has a slow cast time and a slow channel time. so how exactly is all this flaw and will reduce your "control lock" useless? well one simple word, jumping.

yes jumping. all you have to do is jump soon as throat cut is casted on u. jump twice and fly away. you will not be able to use freeze because if you pvped with your sin you will know certain skills will not work if someone is jumping around. all a player would have to do is jump and fly off untill the effect of silence has worn off and more then likely u will be in a air battle. and if u try to use silence in the air then all they would have to do is drop down.

this is what sets it apart from a stun lock. with a stun lock u cant move at all. try it yourself by getting one of your friends to help. silence them and have them to jump and then try freezing them with tackling after they have jumped.

because you relie solely on throat cut to silence this combo will fall apart. after all, what serious pvper will just stand there and let you finish this combo?

also because throat cut is such has a slow channel and is easy to spot a player can interrupt it. another flaw it has.

Every combo has a flaw. Genies can break you out of stun or seal or sleep.
    I'll tell you where you're wrong though.

Please notice that during much of the duration of the combo, the opponent stays immobilized (unable to move for 9 seconds every time ) or slowed.

In addition, there are a few things I stated earlier.

1. I stated long ago that this shouldn't be called a stunlock.
    2. I told you that my combos are dynamic, and depending on the opponent's response, I may branch onto another combo.
    3. I clearly stated that the combo inhibits your opponent from attacking and casting spells.
    4. I said that this wasn't my best combo.

And yes, It does work on the vast majority of the players I've used it on - but I have not gone after any good barbs yet. If you still have doubts, please go ahead and give it a try.
    I bet you'll see that most players have no idea how to react to this situation.
    Just get to lv 86 and go try it.

Ephe - I start with throatcut first because it has a long casting time, which is bypassed by my stealth for the opening hit.

Apology accepted.
  • Psychosiss - Heavens Tear
    Psychosiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    skyxiii wrote: »
    Every combo has a flaw. Genies can break you out of stun or seal or sleep.
    I'll tell you where you're wrong though.

Please notice that during much of the duration of the combo, the opponent stays immobilized (unable to move for 9 seconds every time ) or slowed.

In addition, there are a few things I stated earlier that make your post pretty irrelevant.

1. I stated long ago that this shouldn't be called a stunlock.
    2. I told you that my combos are dynamic, and depending on the opponent's response, I may branch onto another combo.
    3. I clearly stated that the combo inhibits your opponent from attacking and casting spells.

And yes, It does work on the vast majority of the players I've used it on - but I have not gone after any good barbs yet.

Ephe - I start with throatcut first because it has a long casting time, which is bypassed by my stealth for the opening hit.

You owe me an apology and still need to concede, Psychosiss.

read my post right above urs.

but like i said it wont exactly be practical because it can easily be countered. BMs in particular because they have will of boshivia which is basically the same as sins maze steps. so both classes wont be locking anyone when it comes to sin vs BM.

but yes i do concede and see what your point is.
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Sorry about that, please check my previous post. I made a few edits.

And yes Psychosiss, you will always get the opening attack against a bm before he can cast Bodhitsatva - and because of this - if you use my combo - they will be unable to cast it and remain locked. This is one of the reasons why sins are so good at pvp ~ they can strike first and in any manner they choose.

But yeah, Bodhitsatva is better than maze steps because it lasts 5 seconds longer, has a shorter cooldown by 30 seconds, and grants the BM like double evasion :(. Kinda unfair.
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:surrender Killing good barbs/bms your level not gonna happen until you get interval + demon spark.
  • Calvco - Raging Tide
    Calvco - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    since you are the highest level here i decided to ask you. what should be my main, my SIN or my BM? im having a hard time deciding. and should i just work on my main until it is a high level or work on both ?
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Don't necro. Konari, we need you in here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • Calvco - Raging Tide
    Calvco - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    what do you think my main character should be, SIN or BM? which one makes money quicker?
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You can more than likely find the answer by researching in their relative forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    skyxiii wrote: »
    But yeah, Bodhitsatva is better than maze steps because it lasts 5 seconds longer, has a shorter cooldown by 30 seconds, and grants the BM like double evasion :(. Kinda unfair.

its really far since they cant tp to target or go to invisble.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I voted BM...

... until I saw the lvl 70.

At 70, I have no clue.

At 10x, equally geared... the sin if the BM is uncharmed and isn't paying attention.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • NiteshadowSH - Dreamweaver
    NiteshadowSH - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    bm would lose 100+.
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    b:surrender I just smelt one big necro........
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Why dont new forum users ever look at post dates, and how do they find these threads??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Why dont new forum users ever look at post dates, and how do they find these threads??
    These are the ones who actually DO use the search function...
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~