Assassin Versus Psychic

Anemone_ - Harshlands
Anemone_ - Harshlands Posts: 212 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
My question is every ones thoughts atm on the pvp usefulness of both classes.

I have a 83 Psychic but was recently wondering if the Assassin would be a better route for end-game.

I know the sage/demon are not out yet and things could change but I'd like every ones opinion on both classes.
Should I stick with my Psychic? Or swap to sins before it's too late?

Thx everyone for your input!
Who doesn't love pie!?
Post edited by Anemone_ - Harshlands on

Comments

• Cookiecutter - Harshlands
    Cookiecutter - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Psychic
    PartyAnimalb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/watch?v=WfYyBp4Ln2s Mai theme songb:laugh
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    generally psychic....
    but if you has half a brain then assassin can easily be better.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anemone_ - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Omg! I have a whole brain. Does that mean I should focus on my Sin?
    Who doesn't love pie!?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think psychic win, because i think these arcane class has many skill to counter if they being attacked.
    See all you souls skill and imagine a assassin attacking you while yourself has buff your self with souls skill. b:laugh
    And don't forget your fast channeling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
    edited February 2010
    Omg! I have a whole brain. Does that mean I should focus on my Sin?

....hmm harshland.....yesh...yesh....

sure!
    XD
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anemone_ - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    ....hmm harshland.....yesh...yesh....

sure!
    XD
    b:chuckle

MagicHamsta making fun of me.

*Sniff* I feel like I'm truly a member of the forums now. b:pleased
    Who doesn't love pie!?
  • DrkLordZ - Sanctuary
    DrkLordZ - Sanctuary Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    sins will 1 shot arcane,
    Please donate money into my mailbox :)

I'm poor as heck.
  • _Garra_ - Harshlands
    _Garra_ - Harshlands Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Assassins are tanks if u deal with them properly.. Dex and Vit are essential for Assassins ... high dex for high critical .. and high vitality to be able to stay alive longer to be able to fight off Pkers and tank in dungeons ... Assassins are not generally tanks but im sure its possible to make it one... im saying the assassin is the better class ... one er two long rang attacks as well is high damage close range combat... physics i see as long range fighters with high magic.. i would definitely get an assassin
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    BMs beat all, that is all b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Garra_ - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Depends lol i pawned a BM who was lvl 50 who attacked me with a cheap shot while i was fighting mobs and killed him ... it makes no sense to me how thats possible but it happend... all BMs can do is lvl up fast :P haha i have a BM .. they suck... even with high str and vit and dex they suck :P

but thats my opinion anyways
  • Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver
    Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i think assassin will have a harder time killing barbs and bm end game, but easier for all others. while psyics will have trouble with a few classes of their own.. so all in all i think it will be a play style..

like to invis and kill stuff from steath .. go assassin
    want to kill stuff with your mind.. so psychic
  • _Garra_ - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    I agree its all based upon the player and how he works with his Assassin/Physic that will make him strong... in End Game yes they may have a bit more difficulty but they will still will be able to put up a fight.
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Depends lol i pawned a BM who was lvl 50 who attacked me with a cheap shot while i was fighting mobs and killed him ... it makes no sense to me how thats possible but it happend... all BMs can do is lvl up fast :P haha i have a BM .. they suck... even with high str and vit and dex they suck :P

screenies or it didnt happen, me personally i havent lost to a psyhic nor an assasin. I remember a lvl 90 sin jumped me in pk mode, he uncloaked out of no where, after his initial stun i turn around and 3 shot him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darksniper00
    darksniper00 Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Assassins are tanks if u deal with them properly.. Dex and Vit are essential for Assassins ... high dex for high critical .. and high vitality to be able to stay alive longer to be able to fight off Pkers and tank in dungeons ... Assassins are not generally tanks but im sure its possible to make it one... im saying the assassin is the better class ... one er two long rang attacks as well is high damage close range combat... physics i see as long range fighters with high magic.. i would definitely get an assassin
    Assassins are damage dealers, they should not waste points on vit and end up gimping their damage. If they do that then rather have someone who can do great damage but can't really take a hit, you have someone who does mediocre damage and still can't really take a hit but that level 4 mob hitting him might take a little bit longer to kill him.
    DarkSniper - 83 archer - quit

The only way to win the game is to leave it
  • Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver
    Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Killing lvl 90+ bm is very easy... right after they get rezed... LOL

Stealth next to the corpse for the win!!!
  • _Garra_ - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    I would say that again its all depending on the stats/attributes of the assassin... Assassins Need Vit.. if u dont lvl up ur vit ur going to have a friggin hard time wen harder quests come... yes high dex is great but vit is very important...
  • Acceptanc - Harshlands
    Acceptanc - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    you lvl 37.. sin.., cant talk about harder quests. you only have problems with magic mobs (nothing that cant be solved with potions)

melee monsters: spark-ribstrike- hit to death. with kinda good equipment i can infinite grinding without a single potion. same goes for ranged, just tackling slash. (with gaining chi skills you can spark at every monster)

with ur dex you dont only increase damage. also increases accuarcy, evasion, and critical rate, while vitality increases only health, and health regeneration (reduced 25% in combat). lowering your dex for vit will make it longer to kill a monster, harder to aim, harder to evade, and harder to crit, what means more damage taken per kill.. not worth it.
  • Axels - Harshlands
    Axels - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2010

if it is true(Very doubtful) Answer to this is the BM Fails ...the answer to BM's suck is you fail or havent fought a good one which isnt amazing at your lvl lol b:cute just shard armor for Hp its pointless to put it into vit .. in pvp youd get 2 maybe 3 shot anyway at higher lvls
  • Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    MagicHamsta making fun of me.

*Sniff* I feel like I'm truly a member of the forums now. b:pleased

lol ur not a true member i am lol you need more than 200 posts to be a real member
    "When life gives you arrows give them back ", Divine_Demon b:sin
  • Axels - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    lol ur not a true member i am lol you need more than 200 posts to be a real member

then magichamstas a monster b:chuckle
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    My question is every ones thoughts atm on the pvp usefulness of both classes.

I have a 83 Psychic but was recently wondering if the Assassin would be a better route for end-game.

I know the sage/demon are not out yet and things could change but I'd like every ones opinion on both classes.
    Should I stick with my Psychic? Or swap to sins before it's too late?

Thx everyone for your input!

i dont either psychic or assassin will be doing that well late game

assassin late game issues:
    LA is the crappest armor **** mag ans phys def (archers suffer same probelm
    accuracy rings kills evasion

psychic late game issues:
    highest weapon damage modifier is 200% on spells
    ( this could be somewhat compensated for by using double spark instead of ulties and then using non spark aoes)
    long cast time short channeling time (wizards will have faster basic nukes becuase they can get -chan items whereas psy will be hardly benifited by -chan items)<-- aim for crit instead

too make any conclusiosn wait for shage/demon/79/100 skills ot come out

i think psychics should be decent in TW

assassins more suited to 1v1 pk
    edited February 2010
    then magichamstas a monster b:chuckle

b:sad
    Rawr~~~
    b:shocked
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LA is the crappest armor **** mag ans phys def (archers suffer same probelm
    accuracy rings kills evasion

la is not the crappest armor. but you will only ever see it on a glass canon char, or a fail wiz/cleric. it works very well for venos. as a matter of fact, nublet, it's one of the reasons archers have a problem with sins. the met resistance is higher, and the phys resistance is high enough.

i'm fairly stumped as to why fist bms dont use la against wizzies. (i sometimes wonder why fist bms dont use la period, seeing how fist bms get massive eva (a lot more than archers per dex.)

as for accuracy rings... a lvl 95 pole bm with accuracy rings misses on me surprisingly often.

a lvl 35 archer is able to evade -le poke- from a 78 barb. i should know, i did (made the poor panda emo too)

anyone know what accuracy is on an 80 ish barb?
    i have 3,4k eva at lvl 74.

does anyone know how accuracy/eva works, exactly?i thought it was a comparison between my acc and opponent's eva, but i'm not certain exactly how it works
  • Niteshadow - Dreamweaver
    Niteshadow - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    tide r OP if u let them hit u. taking into consideration that every1 class has so many weapons via genies at their disposal. learns tactics and stragtegy; that'll work.
  • Fogg - Dreamweaver
    Fogg - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ok so i got a level 20 Assassin, i've gone with +4 Dexterity +1 Strength per level, and now I've got this far, I die SO easily even with potions I can barely stay alive, yes my damage is great but my survivability isn't, i'd say go with some Vitality if your making an assassin.
  • Icebender - Lost City
    Icebender - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    nope i have a pure dex build sin and at later lv with bloodpaint it works wonders.
    Was hard at lower lvls but got easy at higer lvls
  • Axels - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Ok so i got a level 20 Assassin, i've gone with +4 Dexterity +1 Strength per level, and now I've got this far, I die SO easily even with potions I can barely stay alive, yes my damage is great but my survivability isn't, i'd say go with some Vitality if your making an assassin.

it gets easier and having second wind is awesome on your genie since are health is so low anyway even with point in vit