Is rev your last priority for leveling?

Options
Yulk - Heavens Tear
Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Cleric
I have a skill called rev, yeah, nice skill to get someone back up their feet. But I don't see the point why leveling it first. I heard people say to level rev, but not only it takes up coins and spirit besides leveling other things first. But it costs even more MP as you level it. And as far as I can tell, rev is overall useless in rebirth as people automatically get revived. Its nice to have people lose less exp, but its better to keep them alive than just reviving.

Would you level your rev as last or what?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
Post edited by Yulk - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I wouldn't prioritize maxing it asap, unless maybe you have a perm grinding partner you'd like to help.

Still it's worth tossing points into as you have them - I maxed mine before leveling some skills like Blessing of Purehearted, the debuffs, thunderball, and siren's kiss.

Basically were I to make a new cleric I would prioritize my main heals and attacks first, then the buffs and purify, and then revive - then worry about the rest later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • TurboWolf - Harshlands
    TurboWolf - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I leveled rev as first priority, always maxed for my level.
  • Clercie - Sanctuary
    Clercie - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i dindt leveled it till i was 50.. from that moment i always kept it maxed :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Once I could max it, I leveled it. Until then, I left it at one. No one will want a non-10 ress anyway, there are enough people with level 10 around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Once I could max it, I leveled it. Until then, I left it at one. No one will want a non-10 ress anyway, there are enough people with level 10 around.

Maybe not its true, maybe its cause they die a lot b:laugh rather non-LVL10 rev than a non-LVL10 ironheart.

But I prefer to deal damage and keep people alive, than just reviving...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Still it's worth tossing points into as you have them - I maxed mine before leveling some skills like Blessing of Purehearted, the debuffs, thunderball, and siren's kiss.

^ This 100%

I did not Max out Blessing, Thinderball, or Siren's Kiss until about level 90 b:chuckle

They are at level 10 (Blessing level 11 for chi) now and I rarely, rarely use.

* Keep in mind though that at higher levels and more difficult instances, the higher you level your Rev, the more range you have to cast. This comes in handy for very sticky situations b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

b:shocked
    me has been ressed by Aadi's level 1 ress
    >.<'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:shocked
    me has been ressed by Aadi's level 1 ress
    >.<'

b:dirty I has level 11....ZERO exp loss b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Never level it over your basic skills like plume shot, ironheart blessing, whirlwind, purify and your buffs. You need those to function, period.

Res you could technically do without, but you might get people mad at you in squad since part of the reason why they bring clerics along is not only to keep them alive. If that fails, clerics are usually expected to res tanks, DDs and other clerics when they die, thus saving time, exp and res scrolls. If you don't plan on reviving people, don't level it. This would mostly apply if you spend almost all your time grinding, solo questing and doing dailies like CS. But I would highly reccomend that you do lvl it if you plan on doing squad work like bhs, fbs and TT. Maxing it early isn't absolutely necessary, but try to have it maxed eventually. Trust me, it'll save you a lot of pain.
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

b:dirty
    Me has level 1 wizard ress
    b:avoid
    50% extra exp loss + costs the target 500k coin(s) and they lose 20k spirit.
    XD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    No way im getting lv11 res lol. Once pple know i have lv11, im gonna be the only one in squad that gonna have to carry a GA while pple say "wait gonna leave GA in bank". Its the ultimate pamper skill we loose out on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    No way im getting lv11 res lol. Once pple know i have lv11, im gonna be the only one in squad that gonna have to carry a GA while pple say "wait gonna leave GA in bank". Its the ultimate pamper skill we loose out on.

hehe i know right- too much pampering. Even now most people in TT squads run uncharmed whereas cleric is expected to have one. b:angry

When I was lower level it was alot more important to level it as I went along as there were very few people that had a higher level revive.

Probably now it would be a much lower priority
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

So...if I die...you're gonna come ress me righttt? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I was infamous for this but I had level 1 rez until AFTER I FINALLY had spare spirit to use after I had done my 79 culti. So up until 79 I had level 1 rez and ppl HATED it but I told em too bad; I carry ga's what makes it so you shouldn't; especially when 99% of my deaths are CAUSED by others mistakes? I had countless number of arguments w/ ppl throughout the server cuz of this and I didn't care, every other spell was MORE important to a parties survival, added to my attack, etc. Rez 1/10 does same thing; just saves your exp and not mine. If you are worried about it get ga's I always told ppl cuz I keep 5+ on me at all times w/ 5+ rez scrolls.

But but you have spirit to spend blah blah to get rez leveled up sooner some of you are gonna try and say. Umm nope cuz I ALWAYS kept my attacks (except thunderball ofc) and debuffs maxed and obtained them asap. I always planned ahead so I wouldn't miss out on say a higher level metal mastery/wt/tempest (all heavy spirit costs) as soon as I could get them.

Alas I said I'd never waste the coin to get sage rez but I blew 14.4kk in ah for it and surprisingly I love it. I keep my exp at 0% (to feed my multiple genies) and rather then wasting time alot of times in 3-3. etc on failed rushes etc. ppl just die and I pick em up w/ 40 m range and no exp loss so no more qqing by them and none by me cuz we don't have to spend sev mins/mob or listening to ppl qq about luring things through hands. My sage rez has actually made every instance I do now faster cuz ppl LEARN to keep up w/ me (I'm always rushing as fast as I can w/ the tank if not ahead of him) and if they do something stupid (like aggroing things we shouldn't be) they learn fairly quickly either they deal w/ it themselves or to just die and I'll pick em upb:pleased.

P.S. For the longest time some ppl called me a metal mage cuz of this and also I was the leader of the FAILED CLERIC SOCIETY cuz of my level 1 rezb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It doesn't cost some exorbitant amount of coin and spirit to level, so I kinda leveled it up along side other secondary skills. I won't, however, EVER pay the coin that people try and sell Sage revive for. Not a chance in hell.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I am lvling mine gradually actually it is at 9.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Pinkiny - Raging Tide
    Pinkiny - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Since i had the spare Spirit and Coins (well coins never have been a problem for me to lvl skills anyway) i got it to lvl10.
    I dont know if i will get lvl11 or not, maybee if somebody pays me for it ill do.

The Manacost i dont really care about, theres other stuff that sucks up way more mana then a rev..
  • FootStep - Sanctuary
    FootStep - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So far I've been sure to get the next level of is as soon as I can. It's a skill I like having and I'll make room for it. My two priority skills are Plumeshot and Ironheart Blessing. If I can get both of those then I get the skills I need/want.
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    To be honest, I leveled up Revive (and Ironheart Blessing) as soon as it was available. I had to sacrifice, for example... not to level up Wield Thunder ASAP for this sake though (due to spirits and coins left). But, I have no problem with it. My friends and guildies love to squad/ asked for my help. And this is also my reason to roll a cleric... to be a healer/ supporter, not a murder :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
  • Aydamn - Lost City
    Aydamn - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    As I recall I levelled it to about 3 and it sat there for ages until someone advised me to get it up. I kept it levelled as I did from then onwards.

I haven't bothered getting sage res and I really couldn't care much less about it. If someone is really bothered about 10k exp then they can spend their own money on dolls.
  • AeonicMist - Sanctuary
    AeonicMist - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Random Analogy as to 1 reason Why you should Max Res:

mmm lets say that your 99.8% and you lagged, d/cd and came back dead. The nearest Cleric is at the level where they can have maxed res (and all the clerics on your FriendsList were busy with TT or BH or an FB). You kindly ask that cleric, whose near you, to revive and then you both can go your separate ways. After you've been res'd you realize your % went down to the same amount as if you had just went back to town. Now, you have to work How ever Long to get back to 99.8% PLUS the .2% you need to level. It would just be annoying to know you were about to level, but because of lag and nice cleric who was passive on leveling that skill, you'd just have to suck it up and get back to grinding.

Leveling res or even maxing it just saves exp frustration, and is almost a common courtesy of a cleric ^_^ . Not only can we bring them back to live, but they don't have to loose exp, especially in the middle of grinding. Don't go out of your way if you don't have the spirit. Or if its inconvenient to other skills you want. At the end of the day, its about what you want, so do it at your convenience<3 and enjoy your day.
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I actually had Ressurect at lvl 6 forever, then a couple weeks ago I finally farmed mats to get coin, and leveled it to 10. Don't regret waiting until now, and don't regret getting it relatively late.

b:victory

So, I waited to level it (to max at least) for a long time. D:
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I maxed mine as soon as I could, but I don't fly around to res people. My thought is... if my res is maxed, I can focus on my own survival / party's best interests without feeling guilty about letting someone die. There are also a couple of people who I will gladly go res, and I'd want mine to be maximally helpful. That said, sage res is one of the first skills I'd want to get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    >; I regret maxing mine- mostly 'cause I had to revive a bunch of idiots/buttheads*.

*Those people expecting you to travel half the world to revive them; people who guilt trip you into reviving them; people who expect you to drop whatever you're doing to bring them back to life; people who don't say 'thanks!'; etc.
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:surrender Noob time b:cry I had level 1 res until I hit level 75 and got yelled at by my husband (at the time) to level it. b:laugh Went from 1 to 10 in one go~
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    There are several reasons I kept Revive maxed to level (except now, since I can't find a book)...

1.) Added range. Being able to Rez a player without having to waste time moving is big in a firefight. Especially since non-Demon Revive takes what seems like an eternity to cast when it counts, no matter how much channeling gear you have. X_X

2.) While 99% of the populous I couldn't be arsed to care about when it comes to EXP, there's still that 1% I do. And while I'm not inclined to fly across a map on a regular basis to revive them, I leveled it as a way of apologizing for not being able to keep them alive when we squad together.
  • Candie - Raging Tide
    Candie - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Though I kept revive maxed for my level , I wish there was an option - which level of rez to use now ... Some people deserve level 0.1 res
  • SoulPeace - Sanctuary
    SoulPeace - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Let's just say that Revive is something not for you since you can't cast it on yourself
    So it really depends on how"good",you are,even so,as cleric you can find squads easy anyway for your daily BH(And if nobody dies they can't tell your Revive level b:chuckle).
    For later TT runs it will be a little harder but always easier than any other class.

Personally my priority on Revive is 3
    <-- Signature Space -->
    Once upon a time...
  • Jlora - Sanctuary
    Jlora - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I still haven't leveled it since I have to max great cyclone and IH first. Priorities come first.
  • Jlora - Sanctuary
    Jlora - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    jaeseu wrote: »
    >; I regret maxing mine- mostly 'cause I had to revive a bunch of idiots/buttheads*.

*Those people expecting you to travel half the world to revive them; people who guilt trip you into reviving them; people who expect you to drop whatever you're doing to bring them back to life; people who don't say 'thanks!'; etc.

I'm a cleric and still when I die i ask for anyone, no matter the lvl of rez, to revive me and after they do I always thanks them. You never know when you might do the same thing for them.