how to beat an assasin ?

Options
2»

Comments

• MarcA - Harshlands
    MarcA - Harshlands Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    all i have to say is i was fighting today with a 7X sin and was having a hard time beating him.. ijs wtf.. no 7X has ever, ever given me trouble 1v1 but everytime i'd tick his charm he'd stun, then when his stuns were on cooldown he'd force him self out of combat.. it was getting to the point i was like just die already.. all my one shot attacks and his fuuckin deaden nerves would take affect o.O so finally i just got fed up and badge of courage>sage spark> sporophic whisper> sandstorm.. good effin game lol so anyone that say sins aren't OP gtfo lol ^^
    "Know that although in the eternal scheme of things you are small, you are
    also unique and irreplaceable, as are all your fellow humans everywhere in the world."
    -Margaret Laurence
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    TurismoX - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    We can be one shot.

How are we overpowered?

We are SUPPOSED to kill arcane classes. ._.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    As i said in another thread.
    I was hit for over 5K by a L8x Sin.
    I had 5K pdef at the time which should not allow any 8x phys class to one shot me while comeing out of stealth.

And their not OP? lolumad? theres still no 89 culti.
    You wait till they hell spark before comeing out of stealth then critting u with slipstream.
    Slipstream is weak oO if that oneshots you gg lol

Most I've been hit for by 8x sins is like.. 3k. And an archer can do that too...
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    5k? 3k? And here I was pissed cause a 9x sin hit me for 2.2k o_O

Still, they're pretty much tailor made to kill us, which is frustrating. I guess getting 9x gear will help a lot, though.
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Still, they're pretty much tailor made to kill us, which is frustrating. I guess getting 9x gear will help a lot, though.

^^ this

4.1K hp and 4.9K pdef self buffed with normal refined/sharded 90 gear

Before 90 i get ***** by Sins. Last night they needed 2 sins to get through my charm, while i was self-buffed only.

Both of the sins were alts of higher levels, so at least decent gear and nice enough refines.

If a sin hits you for 5K it was someone who spend too much on their 80 weapon, like +7 refines.
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Double sparked crits with wolf emblem on skills like Headhunt or something similar = pain.

But if you get oneshotted by a lv8x using that you'd have to be wearing +2 gear. b:shutup
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Ignation - Lost City
    Ignation - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I forgot to say this.

Duels: don't even bother, seriously, we are never meant for duels (though i actually love seeing victory in my screenb:dirty)

Pking: see a sin, shoot that fish with your skills till they drop dead b:angry
    Sins like to PK me, but since i am LA (switching to AA when i'm 90, too poor for refining and sharding stuff alot b:surrender) i can take a couple of hits while mixing my charm with event pots.

pay attention when that stun picture moves and is replaced with freeze, you can blink away and sleep them and do you sandstorm, if not dead use FoW and get another shot >.< if charmed, sutra their behinds to teh moon >.<
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So the big thing that has been established with some sins that like to kill me regularly is...once they go invisible keep moving. Run around and they will **** up their combo. They will stay stealthed until it's an opportune moment to atk, so why not waiste some of those pots/charms of theirs. Remember you only need 1 second of not being stuned to blink out of the situation and they are helpless at that point.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Remember you only need 1 second of not being stuned to blink out of the situation and they are helpless at that point.

they has TWO teleport skills.
    b:shocked
    one be 30m range with a 15 second cooldown. (can easily stick to any wizard with this + stun/sleep/slow/etc)
    the other be 35m range with 3 second stun except it has a 180 second cooldown + cost 1 spark....but spark costs mean nothing for assassins since they build it up so darn fast.
    >.<'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vorths
    vorths Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    about a plan on killing assassins, well i think wizards arent absolutely OP, and neither assassins are cause i know they have lil problems with bms or barbs, the problem is: WHY THE HELL AS A WIZ I CANNOT HAVE AT LEAST ONE CHANCE TO KILL AN ASSASSINS THAT SPAWNS BEHIND ME?

dont tell about FoW or sleep, cause they are INVISIBLE so U DONT HAVE FIRST MOVE. Their first move should be a tele-stun, that means u cannot do sleep or FoW for some seconds, exactly the seconds needed by the sin to bi-shot you.

even if they dont bi-shots, they can try a new stun, and u are always blocked and impossibilitated to do anything. and even if u got shopper's armor maybe they cannot bi or tri-shot you they simply vanish and walk away.

the terrible thing of invisibility is that u can ALWAYS CHOOSE TO FIGHT OR NOT TO FIGHT, and u ALWAYS HAVE THE FIRST MOVE if u're not a noob.

i started playing PW cause i saw that finally there were no stealth classes in a MMORPG! and now they ruined everything!

the ONLY way to kill a sin for a wiz is to catch him before he sees you.. thats no more pvp skill.. thats just a game on "who sees the other one first"
  • Axisboldone - Heavens Tear
    Axisboldone - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    rikako wrote: »
    along with it distance shrink / barrier should be nerfed as well
    Really?

LOL I won't even get into how worthless a wiz would be without stone barrier in pvp. Nerf that and you may as well nerf the class entirely. Complaining about distance shrink is completely laughable though. Nerf it for all I care it became almost worthless to me outside of dueling archers ever since holy path came to exist. And I don't duel so **** it. It rarely actually helps in TW anymore.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    vorths wrote: »
    about a plan on killing assassins, well i think wizards arent absolutely OP, and neither assassins are cause i know they have lil problems with bms or barbs, the problem is: WHY THE HELL AS A WIZ I CANNOT HAVE AT LEAST ONE CHANCE TO KILL AN ASSASSINS THAT SPAWNS BEHIND ME?

dont tell about FoW or sleep, cause they are INVISIBLE so U DONT HAVE FIRST MOVE. Their first move should be a tele-stun, that means u cannot do sleep or FoW for some seconds, exactly the seconds needed by the sin to bi-shot you.

even if they dont bi-shots, they can try a new stun, and u are always blocked and impossibilitated to do anything. and even if u got shopper's armor maybe they cannot bi or tri-shot you they simply vanish and walk away.

the terrible thing of invisibility is that u can ALWAYS CHOOSE TO FIGHT OR NOT TO FIGHT, and u ALWAYS HAVE THE FIRST MOVE if u're not a noob.

i started playing PW cause i saw that finally there were no stealth classes in a MMORPG! and now they ruined everything!

the ONLY way to kill a sin for a wiz is to catch him before he sees you.. thats no more pvp skill.. thats just a game on "who sees the other one first"
    I'm telling this already couple weeks. Assassin shouldn't be allowed go to stealth mode during battle or attack from stealth mode.
    But I have advice. Send a ticket. Every week 1. When there will be thousands ticket of complaining they will nerf them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfgore - Heavens Tear
    Wolfgore - Heavens Tear Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:laugh

Sins are NOT OP, they meant to kill AA/LA easy.
    Melee toon with light armor?! And you want to get his high damage nurfed? ahHAHAHhahhahHHAhahHAaaHH What will be left then? A fail BM with daggers?! GET REAL.

Genies are out there for a reason, use em. If you cant, its YOUR fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i love when other class's comes to wiz section forums trolling ftw

let the wiz's QQ all they want this doesnt concern you
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i love when other class's comes to wiz section forums trolling ftw

let the wiz's QQ all they want this doesnt concern you

So that mean . . . b:shocked
    Only those with wizard as avatar can post here ? b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:laugh

Sins are NOT OP, they meant to kill AA/LA easy.
    Melee toon with light armor?! And you want to get his high damage nurfed? ahHAHAHhahhahHHAhahHAaaHH What will be left then? A fail BM with daggers?! GET REAL.

Genies are out there for a reason, use em. If you cant, its YOUR fail.

yea, they are meant to kill AA easily, but "easily" is something different from "i click and u die" i think

every class should be capable of killing any other class i think.

genie? wich skill u mean i should use? with invisibility its very different from every other occasion... for example: when i see and archer approaching i can prepare myself to use absolute domain or fortify, with sins i cant cause i simply die before even knowing whats happening.
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    right...... and bladetempest is allowed to crit one shot so many la & AA (sometimes HA as well) in tw.. i wish assassins had an aoe instant kill spell.
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    right...... and bladetempest is allowed to crit one shot so many la & AA (sometimes HA as well) in tw.. i wish assassins had an aoe instant kill spell.

lol

The difference is that you can see blade tempest coming from a mile away. Plus, it takes a lifetime to cast.

Sins are more "Suprise! You're dead!"

Mages are more "You should probably move if you don't want your face to explode."
  • rikako
    edited February 2010
    Options
    doesnt matter if you can see it or not, out running is not an option and what about using sutra?
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    doesnt matter if you can see it or not, out running is not an option and what about using sutra?

u see a wiz using BT u can stun/sleep/seal him u see wiz do sutra u stun/sleep/seal him.... u see a sin u cant stun u cant sleep u cant seal him... in a matter of fact, u dont see sin

and to thos who says use genie ok lets see what will happen if u use genie skills

duel start wiz use domain sin thinking to him self mm i cant dmg him what to do what to do oh i know. /go poof. then wait till domain is off and wiz is dead.

but once again dont duel sins u will lose, 1v1 them u will win
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options

You realize you can interrupt a mage pretty much by just looking at them, right? Besides, holy path can outrun it.

BT honestly doesn't one shot all robies and LA, just ones that fail. I can tank a BT from 9x mages. 8x clerics can tank my BT.

As for sutra, it costs 4 sparks to throw that combo out. It's way different from just popping in out of nowhere and killing someone. Hell, when you force stealth away you GAIN a spark.

I'm sorry, but complaining about a mage's ulti being overpowered is just dumb. Maybe you'd like it better if we couldn't attack at all and just stood there to feed your ego?
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol

The difference is that you can see blade tempest coming from a mile away. Plus, it takes a lifetime to cast.

Sins are more "Suprise! You're dead!"

Mages are more "You should probably move if you don't want your face to explode."

omfg i love that!

Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

HA only if very debuffed bm or very very very debuffed barb XD

(crit with wizz is nice, but dont have too huge cahnce for critb:chuckle)
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    blade tempest cannot be used after sutra if u dont use another skill first to charge 2 sparks again, and u can use that combo ONLY if FULL CHI lvl 89+

however thats a matter, cause ok, we can oneshot, but u have thousand ways to stop that: stuns, genie skills, ur own skills, or simply run out of range.

instead THERE IS NO WAY to stop a sin coming to you, cause u dont even see him! i just walk on my own and die without seeing anything! even if i have sutra, genie, wheatever u what, i dont have the time to do anything, i simply die.

thats no pvp, thats just ****.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rikako
    edited February 2010
    Options
    anti stun powder/genie and go? dont make it look impossible because its easy to pull off. get used to it. sins aint that allmighty.
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    even if i have paranormal reflexes and use anti-stun genie skill in time i die before shrinking away, i cold better use absolut domain then, so at least i should not die... in this case they probably vanish away and i could not take revenge.

this require lots of reflexes and attention, on doing a thing that COULD save your **** but it doesnt mean u win the combat... is that really worth?

imagine this scene: a lvl 90+ obese assassin shopper peaceful and calm that tries to kill AA by simply clicking on a thing that maybe he dont even know what it is. he sees the target isnt dead, so he click another skill and walk away, as nothing was happened.

while imagine a poor AA, terrified by only putting a foot away from home, walking with his magic weapon in hand while nervously holding one finger near the absolute domain button and another finger near the distance shrink button...

this makes me cry b:sad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well.. yes... their first attack should be a stun, and their tele-stun is their only stun skill. But they could also use occult ice on you and use tele-stun if that fails.

yes that true, occult ice and u died indifferent what AA/LA are u if u dont got insine hp and pdef :/