how to beat an assasin ?

Options
psycko1
psycko1 Posts: 10 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Wizard
just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to beat an assasin in my opinion there slighlty over powerd due to being invisible and also there tele stun

ive also heard that there are some potions that allow u to see them while there invisible but any idea where u can get them from?

and finally how would u beat an assasin if u didnt get the first hit in and u were basically tele stunned
Post edited by psycko1 on

Comments

• FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    psycko1 wrote: »
    just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to beat an assasin in my opinion there slighlty over powerd due to being invisible and also there tele stun

ive also heard that there are some potions that allow u to see them while there invisible but any idea where u can get them from?

and finally how would u beat an assasin if u didnt get the first hit in and u were basically tele stunned

i had a big problem killing a sin today, when i was cose to kill him, he just vanish

and then come to kill me wiht full hp, well is hard but they are pretty squishy too spark and fast spells and they got off rly fast, teh problem is that they dmg is also good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This vanish is really ridiculous. It shouldn't be allowed in fighting. The dev. must be crazy. I hope they will nerf it sooner or later when lot of players start to complain.b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This vanish is really ridiculous. It shouldn't be allowed in fighting. The dev. must be crazy. I hope they will nerf it sooner or later when lot of players start to complain.b:angry

as far as i know beside removing all negative stats and make u go to stealth while in combat u also get 1 extra spark funny huh......saves ur **** and gives u 1 spark freely

"Force yourself into stealth. Dispel all negative status.
    Enemies with an Awareness Level lower than your Stealth Level can not see you.
    Costs 15 Mana per second.

A successful cast will increase one Spark."

the good info is, it have 90sec recharge time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    along with it distance shrink / barrier should be nerfed as well
  • Softie - Harshlands
    Softie - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    rikako wrote: »
    along with it distance shrink / barrier should be nerfed as well

r u saying wiz r overpowered? LOLOLLOLOLOL we r considered underpowered until 90 when we finally get good

on topici once they stun me i silence and sleep if i can pyro gush till they tick then distance shrink and one shot with a sandstorm
  • rikako
    edited February 2010
    Options
    being wiz a very nice talent toi have. ofc a wiz wont say their op b:laugh
    edited February 2010
    Options
    rikako wrote: »
    being wiz a very nice talent toi have. ofc a wiz wont say their op b:laugh

i dunno what u are trying to say but b4 lv 89 wiz are 1 of the worse class for pvp after lv90 it gets better and more balanced and 99+ is where we shine so stop wiht BS cuz not everybody is 99+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Softie - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    anyway yh sins r very hard for a wiz 2 kill...dnt try and run from em once they pop out because ull be stunned and immobilized...try and silence and if ur 79 sleep...hope
  • rikako
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i dunno what u are trying to say but b4 lv 89 wiz are 1 of the worse class for pvp after lv90 it gets better and more balanced and 99+ is where we shine so stop wiht BS cuz not everybody is 99+

wiz is always a beast if played correctly, you should have played in lost city i guess, now it has a good counter beside pro veno / lucky debuff by werebeast/archer.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

You are pretty right. I remember that every moron kicked my **** till lv.90. I was pure and 10lv below character beat me in few second. I was pretty furious. Now it going to be better and better. Finally I'm starting kicking asses. b:laugh
    Now dev. make some OP class? Where is balance? I had to wait to be adequate to another characters for 1 year. And now some assassin came?b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    FoW or sleep them is a good start. but if they have their skill that will bring them back at 20% or their skill that lets them avoid your spell, you cant count on 1 shotting them.
  • Trancesend - Harshlands
    Trancesend - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    FoW or sleep them is a good start. but if they have their skill that will bring them back at 20% or their skill that lets them avoid your spell, you cant count on 1 shotting them.

best thing to do is hope sin dosent go stealth whilne low hp, well for wiz that shouldnt be a problem since when sin has half hp u most likely take that half hp easy away whit 1 skill. If it is a problem then u too low lvl to pk! like me!
  • WitchTamer - Sanctuary
    WitchTamer - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It's simples, be patient and wait.... keep waiting eventually..... they get nerfed you know so they make sense as a class.
    Main = WitchBurner
  • Ignation - Lost City
    Ignation - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It's simples, be patient and wait.... keep waiting eventually..... they get nerfed you know so they make sense as a class.

On the matter of sins and how they will be nerfed, I personally think that this will never happen.

Mainly due to the fact that you can one shot them, i did one shot a lot of sins.

Yes the problem is with not being able to see those fish.

But if you are 79, then you can relax for a bit, since you can have Soporific Whisper, just use Force of Will + Undine, then use Soporific Whisper and you can kill them, at least that is how I'm doing it and it worked out really well for me.

If the sin has a lot of HP, just pray that you crit before the vanish againb:surrender
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Mages gameplan vs. sins:

Tank them, pray they don't crit, spam FoW

When it lands(if you're not dead), undine + gush. Then drop 79 sleep and finish their **** with sandstorm.

That's the ONLY way I've been able to kill one.
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    spamming jump helps after they force invis

i tried it and the assassin stunned me right out of invis

but since i was stuck in the air

he coulnt attack me further

although he proceded to pull out his bow and **** my ****

this is partially bcos i am wearing rank 1 lvl 30 armors still

just an idea though
    edited February 2010
    Options
    spamming jump helps after they force invis

i tried it and the assassin stunned me right out of invis

but since i was stuck in the air

he coulnt attack me further

although he proceded to pull out his bow and **** my ****

this is partially bcos i am wearing rank 1 lvl 30 armors still

just an idea though

yes dont forget to mention they can do nice dps wiht a bow...WTF?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yes dont forget to mention they can do nice dps wiht a bow...WTF?

lol i did mention that he pwned me with his bow

this should not be a problem later on though

as i was crapilly geared
  • psycko1
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i think tht if the sin gets the first shot most of the time ur dead because of there stun sleep or seal (not sure wich they mostly use i heard its all 3) and then there high crit skill

but if u manage to hit first u could win wich doesnt always happen lol

i still think the sins are way to overpowerd and tht invisible skill just makes things worse
  • psycko1
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Mages gameplan vs. sins:

Tank them, pray they don't crit, spam FoW

When it lands(if you're not dead), undine + gush. Then drop 79 sleep and finish their **** with sandstorm.

That's the ONLY way I've been able to kill one.

ty for the spell combo ill try it out next time im up agaisnt a sin
  • Softie - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    everone stop freaking out bout sins there not OP

the sins u r fighting that keep rapeing ur **** r fully immaculate sharded because they cashshoppers

even with all that armor they can still be one shot with a sandstorm but first u gta sleep and silence
  • rikako
    edited February 2010
    Options
    they are all mini deity-s lol
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If you channel a spell before they go invis the spell will still hit them

Alpha Male breaks their stealth

sins...arent OP...if you know what you are doing.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    dont bother to duel them. just dont if its a good sin u got 0% chance to win ok?

on 1v1 its diff tho. on 1v1 their much much easier , we got good deff and with a charm its much harder for them to kill us on a duel its easy cuz they use their stun seal sleep lock combo and ur dead but on a 1v1 u will survive past that to land faw hits dont count on fow or sleep cuz they likely to resis it so my advice 2 u is dont duel a sin if a sin wanna fight u tell him to 1v1 or go ---- himself xD
    b:victory
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    everone stop freaking out bout sins there not OP

the sins u r fighting that keep rapeing ur **** r fully immaculate sharded because they cashshoppers

even with all that armor they can still be one shot with a sandstorm but first u gta sleep and silence

they are definitely OP right now. I'm not even going to mention my gear, just knowing that I've seen a lvl 101 wizard with over 6k hp and 7k pdef self buffed get killed by an 8x sin (while the mage was full buffed.. so over 8k hp etc) in a couple seconds tells you they are overpowered. I can tell you that when I see ANY 8x class (besides sin ofc) I know I'm going to kill them. I've never found an 8x character that can even get close to beating me in a 1v1 except a sin.. which is a pretty good indicator that they are overpowered. I can only guess what a 9x or 10x sin will be capable of.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    they are definitely OP right now. I'm not even going to mention my gear, just knowing that I've seen a lvl 101 wizard with over 6k hp and 7k pdef self buffed get killed by an 8x sin (while the mage was full buffed.. so over 8k hp etc) in a couple seconds tells you they are overpowered. I can tell you that when I see ANY 8x class (besides sin ofc) I know I'm going to kill them. I've never found an 8x character that can even get close to beating me in a 1v1 except a sin.. which is a pretty good indicator that they are overpowered. I can only guess what a 9x or 10x sin will be capable of.
    they will only be able to do it on a duel . on 1v1 our nice deff will take action to let our charm heal us before we die it sucks that we cant seal sleep or stun them but we got the dmg to take them down. just 1v1 untill they will be nerf(if ever) its dumb to duel them
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I hope you mean a duel... Assassins are OP there because they can stop the target from attacking for quite some time, and as an arcane class with low HP you won't outlast it. But in real pvp... you can domain or anything else that removes/prevents stuns to get out of it. Once their stuns are on cooldown and most of their chi is gone they aren't going to be able to pull that off anymore. If a 101 mage lost to a 8x sin it's either a duel, inexperience with sins or just failing at the game.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If a 101 mage lost to a 8x sin it's either a duel, inexperience with sins or just failing at the game.

I support the inexperience with sins. b:cold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I hope you mean a duel... Assassins are OP there because they can stop the target from attacking for quite some time, and as an arcane class with low HP you won't outlast it. But in real pvp... you can domain or anything else that removes/prevents stuns to get out of it. Once their stuns are on cooldown and most of their chi is gone they aren't going to be able to pull that off anymore. If a 101 mage lost to a 8x sin it's either a duel, inexperience with sins or just failing at the game.

yep exactly a 8x sin wont be able to out dmg a 101 wiz charm even if the wiz stands still and let him attk him all he wants also some1 said he was full buffed so lol no1 that it was a 1v1
  • XMidKnight - Lost City
    XMidKnight - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    As i said in another thread.
    I was hit for over 5K by a L8x Sin.
    I had 5K pdef at the time which should not allow any 8x phys class to one shot me while comeing out of stealth.

And their not OP? lolumad? theres still no 89 culti.
    You wait till they hell spark before comeing out of stealth then critting u with slipstream.