Rising Tide Hair Glitch - Send Customer Support a Ticket

Options

Comments

• Ember_s - Heavens Tear
    Ember_s - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    By the looks of it the delete of the old hairdos were not a rollback to asia-pwi, it was a pre-work for implementing the new hairstyles into the boutique.
    So who doesnt want to clean the dust out and prefer looking like a little genuine cheerleadergirl: hurry to the boutique.... b:angryb:shutup

Talking about rollback to asia-perfectworld:
    Didnt know, that our hens, dogs, kittys, ... were multilingual *g* They speak in asian signs now.
    Why every maintenance leads to new .... hm.. strange things?
  • wynke
    wynke Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I sent in my ticket long ago (the day of my first post on this topic on or about Dec 17, 2009). Got an email from Customer Support asking for more info. I replied to that and got response instructing me to look for a makeover scroll ingame, but not to use it yet. Told to wait until the issue has been fixed. I've been checking back ingame and recently got the makeover scroll on 2 of the 3 affected avatars' ingame mail along with a message from GM saying "Happy Anniversary".

I've not yet been assured that the issue is resolved, so the scrolls still sit unused. I've not been given an ETA of any fix. I've not even been assured of a fix on the way. I am currently NOT a satisfied consumer.

I've also not purchased any Zen since this "glitch". Formerly, I purchased from $50 to $250 USD a month. I won't be playing PWI, nor shall I purchase more Zen, until I'm satisfied either by having my old hairstyles restored, or by being able to reaquire them thru use of these free makeover scrolls. **Note the use of a period at the end of that last sentence**

Offering an alternative for purchase via the cash shop won't cut it.

I urge all my former image and avatar clients (you know who you are) to follow my example. Heck, I think we all on the forums and ingame need to take a stand.

I understand that customer service is still a newish concept to many in China. I feel I've been patient and I don't rant and rave ingame,nor on these (nor any other) forums. But seriously PWE, we (your clients/consumers/customers) must have at least the assurance that you won't take our digital selves and mangle them at your whim. Our avatars are digital representations of ourselves. Changing them in order to make a few bucks for yourselves is just not cool. It reeks. Westerners don't like it when they feel violated or abused or neglected. I'm not feeling the love right now people. Guess I'll keep my $$ for other amusements until you guys come around.

Good luck to all you lovely but digitally mangled/violated PWI players. I'll be watching the forums to see when/if this is resolved.
  • Namibia - Sanctuary
    Namibia - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    By the looks of it the delete of the old hairdos were not a rollback to asia-pwi, it was a pre-work for implementing the new hairstyles into the boutique.
    So who doesnt want to clean the dust out and prefer looking like a little genuine cheerleadergirl: hurry to the boutique.... b:angryb:shutup

Yep...looks like you nailed it unfortunately. Idk that we will see an amenable resolution to this issue now. =/ I guess we're just supposed to say "bygones" and buy cs hair for our chars/alts.

The fitting room feature is nice though...
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Disappointing that restoration of things players had but which were inadvertently (?) taken away was not fixed, but "cash" shop hair styles managed to make the cut for this build.

Kudos for the Boutqiue preview function and putting mats on sale to ease the BH wine situation, but fashion is a big part of the game (supported by cash shop purchases) and to take away a fashion (particular hair sytles that were in use) and not make that a priority to get restored (obviously not a top priority or it would've been fixed before hair-for-cash was introduced) is really a slap in the face to people that have been affected for over two months.

:(
  • Olynn - Sanctuary
    Olynn - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    wynke wrote: »
    I've not yet been assured that the issue is resolved, so the scrolls still sit unused. I've not been given an ETA of any fix. I've not even been assured of a fix on the way. I am currently NOT a satisfied consumer.

I've also not purchased any Zen since this "glitch". Formerly, I purchased from $50 to $250 USD a month. I won't be playing PWI, nor shall I purchase more Zen, until I'm satisfied either by having my old hairstyles restored, or by being able to reaquire them thru use of these free makeover scrolls. **Note the use of a period at the end of that last sentence**

Offering an alternative for purchase via the cash shop won't cut it.

I urge all my former image and avatar clients (you know who you are) to follow my example. Heck, I think we all on the forums and ingame need to take a stand.

Not your client, but I'm all for it. I spent quite some time crafting my char, I'm also not playing until the bug, error, conspiracy or whatever you wanna call it (frankly, I don't care) is fixed. Haven't for a while now. If it never is, well, maybe I'll consider using the makeover scrolls I got then, or uninstalling altogether. Time will tell.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Don't lose hope yet. I've submitted some information to them that I hope can get this straightened out. Managed to pinpoint which of the hairstyle files were causing the trouble, and with any luck at all it should be an easy fix for PWI to patch now.

Provided they don't just ban me instead. b:surrender No files have been changed or altered, simply examined for discrepancies. Which I found.
    EDIT: here are the culprits. You can see in these screens, comparing PWI version 166 with v.263 (our most recent)
    For the males three hairstyles were 'updated'
    th_PWI_facedata_MHair-dir.jpg
    For the females, five were changed.
    th_PWI_facedata_FHair-dir.jpg
    It may be there are other styles with identical filesize - only PW will know how to tell those apart. But it is my hope that patching these eight files with a rollback will at least alleviate the vast majority of issues.

For PWI, it should be a simple matter to roll back these changes. Though I apologize, when submitting my ticket I hadn't heard that male styles had also been changed - my ticket included only the information about the females.
  • Shelle - Lost City
    Shelle - Lost City Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I got a makeover scroll free, but this doesn't help when you don't have hair that you want to use. We still have not one person tell us if or when this will be fixed.

If i wanted to buy new hair from CS it don't use a makeover scroll. But i see price of not using it in factored in the price of it 2g for scroll 3g for hair =5gold for new hair that i don't want to use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Forsakenx
  • azhdeen
    azhdeen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I posted in the Bug report sticky as well but maybe this will help. I'm not sure now if i've had this bug from the start or what as i've been playing my new veno for the past few weeks. I have a veno, Assasin and Archer. I just got on all three and looked at alot of Tideborn toons. Tideborn characters are ONLY bald on my archer. On my veno and Sin everyone shows up fine, but on my archer every single Tideborn in Arch was bald. wth? lololol weirdest bug i've ever seen.

****Edit**** Figured it out. Somehow the customization button on my UI game tab for my archer had gotten unchecked. It's fixed now. So i guess ignore this. I'd delete the post if i could.
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Feb 2nd and this glitched happen in Dec, common pwi give me and everyone else a makeover scroll. I've sent in 2, two, dos, deux, Pinyin tickets. See I wrote 2 in 4 different languages just in case.
  • Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear
    Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Any more information on the glitch so far? b:surrender
  • jennamae8915
    jennamae8915 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    every time i log in everything is either white and blocky (looks like the north pole.. only with blocks...) or it is green brown and blocky and chunks of the ground are missing and I cannot click any buttons because they are all white. and I can't tell what is what please help me!!!b:cryb:cryb:
  • Deirdrea - Dreamweaver
    Deirdrea - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm just done with this game. Time to free up some space on my hard drive. This will go the way of World of ********* and *********.

Anyone wanna come play ********** with me?
  • elphaaba
    elphaaba Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I just sent one last email to their customer service regarding the hair issue. If they were technically unable to fix it and they had said so to me, I might have been able to accept that. My issue now is that they never responded to me. They sent me several automated appearing emails, asking me all these questions, and asking me for screen shots. I spent a fair amount of time sending them everything they asked. I sent it about 5 times... because they never replied... I still haven't heard anything. Nothing is worse than being ignored. I just can't afford to put time or money into something where there is no one there to maintain it or offer service...
    They could have taken a moment to say " we got your message, we are looking into it, when we have it worked out we will let you know.." Would that have been so hard ? To just reply to me and say something...
    Its not worth getting irritated over, I have better things to do with my time. I might go back to wow... Even if customer service didn't tell me the answer I always wanted to hear, at least they didn't act like I was invisible...
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    @elphaaba

CS did read it, and it is waiting in a queue with others to be addressed all at once.

Once they ask for the info, they then have to batch it out all at once, and the devs in China work with our departments to get the player accounts with the issue taken care of. It has to be done manually.

I'm sorry it has been so long, but this can take several weeks.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • elphaaba
    elphaaba Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Okay I feel better now... I understand they are busy, but it would have been so much better if they had just replied the last several times I contacted them, to at least let me know they heard me...

But today they replied, and I am grateful that my help ticket was acknowledged.

"Hello,

We apologize for the extended wait. However, the issue in regards to character hair is being handled in mass and may take an extended time before it is resolved. We will be replying back to your previous ticket as soon as everything is ready."
  • Mirathyl - Sanctuary
    Mirathyl - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Luckily only one of my characters (my Veno alt) has been affected by this glitch of an update. I had sent in a ticket awhile ago and got the makeover scroll but still waiting for the hair to be placed back into the character creator. At this point, I wonder if it ever will be.

That and the whole losing a preset per stone for the wardrobe as made me glad I really haven't spent that much on PW in general. All the ninjaish 'updates' have been rather insulting.

I still hope that at least some of these fixes that we're looking for are actually completed.
    "We don't know what we're going to do when we get there, but we're not going to die without good reason."
    - Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Mirathyl
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have sent a ticket on the day the patch came out, they asked me for the info that they wanted me to give, then they sent me this email:
    Hello,

Thank you for cooperation. After review we were able to verify your story and as such we will reimburse you for your loss. Soon we will send you a makeover scroll via in game mail. We ask that you please be patient as you will get it. In addition I would suggest waiting to use the scroll until we we release our offical fix. If you do choose to the use the scroll however we will not reissue you another one. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us anytime.

Regards.

Perfect World Customer Service
    http://support.perfectworld.com/

this was sent on Wed, December 30, 2009 4:29:04 PM. then on 25 Jan 2010 12:09:58, i talked to one of the reps, in live chat. They said "we'll be re-adding you to next list of make over restores, it'll probably take a week or so." Today is Sunday, February 7, and i have still yet to recieve a makeover scroll. So whats up with the delay? b:surrender

this is how i looked before
    2cxthz9.jpg

and this is now (after the tideborn patch)
    2w5j8sx.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ok, im happy now. today (February 11) i got it in the mail. thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
  • bantorra
    bantorra Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So after 2 months I got sick of waiting for info or a patch that would bring back the old hair styles and sent in a ticket asking about it. This is the response I got today:
    Hello,

After a bit of time we have learned that the original hair was actually a bug and the current hair style is the correct one. At this time we are unsure if the hairstyle will come back but we are working with our developers on this. I would suggest you change your hairstyle if it does bothers you. We apologize for the inconvenience and if you have any other issues please feel free to contact us anytime.

Customer Service

So I guess some of us won't be seeing the hair styles we liked ever again. "A bug" my ****. If it was a bug, then they should've made sure people were aware of that fact when they were creating their characters. Or, you know, made sure all the styles were the correct ones to begin with.
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    GM confirmation on this one please.

b:surrender

EDIT : for all we know this is just a rumour stirred up to make people waste their makeover scrolls.
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Got my makeover scroll. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • bantorra
    bantorra Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    GM confirmation on this one please.

b:surrender

EDIT : for all we know this is just a rumour stirred up to make people waste their makeover scrolls.
    I have no reason to start such a rumor, but I understand where you're coming from. So I took a screenshot of the e-mail I got (but I did white out my name, e-mail, and location, because no one needs to know those). Uploaded here: http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3484/pwiemail20100223f.jpg
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It is a bug we here at PWE were taken by surprise ourselves and have been communicating with the devs in China weekly to try and get things figured out. We do not like it anymore then you all do. That is the way the cookie crumbles sometimes though in game development and persistent world games.b:sad

We understand the cosmetic hiccup, and we really do appreciate your patience in this. The PWE CS team has been working like crazy to find a balanced solution. b:surrender

What CS replied to you with, please use that to help you work with the issue.

Now for the school principal speech: Please note that sharing communications from PWE staff/GMs publically can result in disciplinary actions, and is not allowed. Please also note that the game features, functions, etc; can be changed at any time as per our Terms of Service, which every MMO or online company goes by as they constantly work to improve and balance the game while adding new content and features.b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't suppose creating icons for the "rogue" hairstyles and adding them to the database/character files is out of the question? Heck, if it weren't against TOS I could do it in about fifteen minutes, tops.

...would take longer to find the correct hairs than it would to make the icons, in fact. b:surrender
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:cry b:cry b:cry

*sobs and returns to her corner*
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Olynn - Sanctuary
    Olynn - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Please also note that the game features, functions, etc; can be changed at any time as per our Terms of Service, which every MMO or online company goes by as they constantly work to improve and balance the game while adding new content and features.[/B]b:victory

It's true, we all wouldn't be playing without agreeing to that condition. That is why "They were a bug, we ain't bringing them back, you should use your makeover scroll" would be a perfectly acceptable answer.

"They were a bug, we're sorting things out, you could use your makeover scroll... if you want" just leaves us in limbo again.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the concern and update, but that doesn't help much because it's not even a "we're working on it". It's more like a "Let us see if it can be worked on". It's been two months, I thought that stage would have been cleared by now.

I sincerely don't mind waiting some more OR just giving up the whole issue, but I'd like a bit more of a straight "Yes, wait" or "no, give up". I chose my old hair for a reason. If just having some more patience brings it back, I'm cool with it. However, I don't want to make a suboptimal choice now and have to spend money I'd rather spend on store-exclusive stuff to get it back later if it is brought back. If it isn't, I wouldn't like it, but that's how the dice roll sometimes.

Maybe not everyone will agree, but that is how I feel about it.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This is like the cleric's buffs bug. And when did they say that they were going to fix those?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ticket submitted. I am royally pissed off at this, my hairdo was an iconic part of my character and now she's stuck with some crappy long hair that makes her forehead look huge!
    Seriously WTF? Why mess with something that's been fine for so long. Stupid China and their stupid fiddling.
    I demand a(nother) free makeover scroll!

*firebombs Chinese developers*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • AgIaia - Lost City
    AgIaia - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Lightning Ponytail glitch in tidebourne race, is it the same hair glitch everyone here is talking about?

when im standing and the body movements make my head move forwardds & backwards and with the wig you can see the tideborne scalp cutting through the hair it that the hair glitch? any way to stop it or fix it
  • Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear
    Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yeah... so...

It has been quite a while now. Any news on this matter so far?
This discussion has been closed.