Options

Comments

• Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    Monkeytoes - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Patience is a virtue.

That's basically what I've been saying.

and yet you "tested" with a $2000 item rather than wait for an answer...
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Either I did it first or some other kid that farmed for ages to get the stuff does it. Rather pull the trigger first and fast than let someone else do it.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    it's only money?
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Downed - Harshlands
    Downed - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

i knew someone was gonna be a smart **** about that
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    why does every GM refuse to just state it plainly? "when you turn tt/lunar to nirvana you lose gems and refines".. that would be stating it plainly. if it's said like that then there is no room for interpretation or arguing about what whoever said it really means.
    That's something I've noticed about the official announcements for this game. They're extremely reluctant to say anything which would be interpreted by the playerbase as a negative. If avoiding the negative statement requires that they say a convoluted sentence which is highly likely to be misunderstood, so be it. If there's a nerf, they will usually not mention it, or say it in a way which sounds neutral or even positive. The genie skill revamp was the first time I saw them mention negative changes, and they still left a bunch of the nerfs out.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    convoluted

thank you. that was the exact word i was looking for. you explained it more intelligently than i did. *is ashamed* that's exactly what i was talking about.

i personally find it to be a little insulting. sometimes they treat us like idiots.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    as i posted in the other thread:

just by saying that refines will be kept without use of stone for reforge u dont cover any other stage of the process

since we're speaking of some serious issue...

when the whole community asks for clearing, it get frustrating to have to test this on our skin cuz no GM make it clear...

was it really that hard to write a thing like this:

1)Lunar/TT to G15 Nirvana --> loose all refine, stone and socket

2)G15 Nirvana to final attributes G15 Nirvana --> keep all refine, stone and socket

(is this right? im still a bit confused about this...reforge is attribute picking right ?)

i mean that statement was just a TRICKY ONE...

DEVS:"hey, new feature...no worries for upgrading the NIRVANA, the refinement will be kept"

PLAYER:"Niiiiiiice, free stuff b:victory
    but, HEY w8 a moment, i dont have any NIRVANA to upgrade, just TT/LUNAR...b:cold

b:bye
    u really thought they would have implemented a new feature (NIRVANA) without the way of explioting from our greed / make profit ?

u want the new weapon at any rate (even if you have to loose the previous which was +12) and you will refine it anyway...

the player will get the little profit, after just erasing what he've worked on for a long time, BY STARTING FROM SCRATCH AGAIN...pwe economy

at last
    Chienkun Stones refinement transfer could have been a nice feature since it would have let player transfer the refinement between same gear type, but since that would have mean a great fall in the ORB MARKET they never thought of implement em...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Honestly, this is the way they've always done it (yes i said this in last thread, just making a point). They will vaguely explain something, focusing on a word/statement continuously making it tantalizingly appealing and vague at the same time, leaving it up to the players to spend money to figure out the way it really is. if you didnt know that already Wizzeled, then im sorry bro. Thanks for taking a hit and clarifying it for the rest of us.
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Alzerius - Sanctuary
    Alzerius - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    NEVAR PAY THE PWI CASH MONSTAR. IT IZ LIEK FEEDING A TROLL b:cry
    By the way, Wizzeled, that was an extremely hard hit you took for the people curious about the new Nirvana items. That deserves a reward, either said reward being your +12 bow back, or something else, it deserves something. Wow. just wow b:sad
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm just a martyr then I guess.
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    NEVAR PAY THE PWI CASH MONSTAR. IT IZ LIEK FEEDING A TROLL b:cry
    By the way, Wizzeled, that was an extremely hard hit you took for the people curious about the new Nirvana items. That deserves a reward, either said reward being your +12 bow back, or something else, it deserves something. Wow. just wow b:sad

Ya id like to see a fund started for him on sanc or something. Just every1 give him 1 gold each or sum shet xD, cuz he really did help alot of us out
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ya id like to see a fund started for him on sanc or something. Just every1 give him 1 gold each or sum shet xD, cuz he really did help alot of us out

I was gonna say the same thing. I'd charge gold onto Sanctuary to help out with that.

If the ****ing GMs won't watch out for players, then I guess the players can step up.

Boy, the management of this game is going from bad to total ****storm.
  • SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver
    SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This would have fooled me too: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=517862

"Recasting is an ancient Tideborn method for upgrading equipment. It allows individuals to upgrade their existing gear into new gear, while still maintaining their original attributes, refinement level, and sockets. Essentially through the use of this system, players can take their existing high level equipment, and transform it into Palace of Nirvana gear, and without losing any of the hard work they’ve already invested into their gear."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Boy, the management of this game is going from bad to total ****storm.

yep, too bad that they dont have the sense of smell b:nosebleedb:spit
    they might get aware of the sinking boat

is like they put a blind person on bug fixes, a deaf-one on suggestion and a dumb for they official statement

b:surrender

im jk ofc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm not sure, but don't you need to go TT99/Lunar > G13 Nirvana > G15 Nirvana before you can reforge (or whatever it's called to reset stats/effects)? Would they still lose the refines going from G13 to G15?
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Honestly, this is the way they've always done it (yes i said this in last thread, just making a point). They will vaguely explain something, focusing on a word/statement continuously making it tantalizingly appealing and vague at the same time, leaving it up to the players to spend money to figure out the way it really is.
    Despite the protestations of the GMs, it appears that they have indeed changed their minds about how this is supposed to work:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=517862
    It allows individuals to upgrade their existing gear into new gear, while still maintaining their original attributes, refinement level, and sockets. Essentially through the use of this system, players can take their existing high level equipment, and transform it into Palace of Nirvana gear, and without losing any of the hard work they’ve already invested into their gear.
    I've parsed that paragraph a dozen times, and I can't figure out any way to interpret it as the GMs now claim is the case. If anything, you could interpret it as meaning Lunar/TT gear could be upgraded to Nirvana gear while retaining refinements, while recasting Nirvana gear would lose refinements. Exactly the opposite of what they're now saying.

Given the contradictory nature of the official statements, I would say Wizzeled is due a refund.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    I'm not sure, but don't you need to go TT99/Lunar > G13 Nirvana > G15 Nirvana before you can reforge (or whatever it's called to reset stats/effects)? Would they still lose the refines going from G13 to G15?

As far as I know since Wizzeled's mishap:

TT/Lunar -> g13 lose everything
    g13 -> g15 lose everything
    g15-> g15 (to reroll stats) everything remains
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Despite the protestations of the GMs, it appears that they have indeed changed their minds about how this is supposed to work:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=517862
    It allows individuals to upgrade their existing gear into new gear, while still maintaining their original attributes, refinement level, and sockets. Essentially through the use of this system, players can take their existing high level equipment, and transform it into Palace of Nirvana gear, and without losing any of the hard work they

The plot thickens.

EDIT: It's going to end up with the response "eatwithspoons is no longer affiliated with PWI, and therefore his information is irrelevant in this case."

Just watch.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    no one is putting a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to recast their equipment....if you can't/won't/don't want to +12 another piece, then don't recast...simple as that
    if wizzeled wasn't always in such a hurry to have the biggest and the best, he wouldn't have lost anything...he chose not to wait for clarification...does it suck? for him, yea, but its no ones fault but his own

Wow you're a moron thinking this has anything to do with Wizzeled or w/e. Would it matter if Wizzeled Nirvana upgraded now or 2 weeks from now, he would still loose the 2 sockets and the +12 that he bought using loads of irl money thinking he would be able to keep when upgrading.

When Rising tide was about the be launched we where all told that upgrading to Nirvana would maintaining refinement level and sockets. It was "conveniently" announced about the same time as PWI started spamming the 10 star orb sales lol. Loads of people upgraded their hh99 and nirvana to +10-+12 thinking they would be able to keep it. We all got fking scammed and lied to by PWI. The huge amount of money they screwed their customers of its pretty much a smaller scandal, if not even illegal.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options

The plot thickens.

EDIT: It's going to end up with the response "eatwithspoons is no longer affiliated with PWI, and therefore his information is irrelevant in this case."

Just watch.

That's funny because it's so true.
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    As far as I know since Wizzeled's mishap:

TT/Lunar -> g13 lose everything
    g13 -> g15 lose everything
    g15-> g15 (to reroll stats) everything remains

I hereby promote you to GM.

Start work monday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I hereby promote you to GM.

Start work monday.

Should I start a half-effort introduction thread?
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Should I start a half-effort introduction thread?

Yes. Don't forget to suck at your job and be completely indifferent to your player base.

Do that long enough and I'm sure you'll even get promoted again soon.
  • Asurr - Heavens Tear
    Asurr - Heavens Tear Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Either I did it first or some other kid that farmed for ages to get the stuff does it. Rather pull the trigger first and fast than let someone else do it.

u did it in vain obviously because someone is still gonna do exactly what u did
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yes. Don't forget to suck at your job and be completely indifferent to your player base.

Do that long enough and I'm sure you'll even get promoted again soon.

This weeks hot new cash shop item (press Alt+O to access the boutique):

The all new and fascinating ? pack.

Try your luck on this new ? Pack. It contains an item which may or may not be useful.

Remember all, that's Alt+O!
  • Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    Monkeytoes - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wow you're a moron thinking this has anything to do with Wizzeled or w/e. Would it matter if Wizzeled Nirvana upgraded now or 2 weeks from now, he would still loose the 2 sockets and the +12 that he bought using loads of irl money thinking he would be able to keep when upgrading.

When Rising tide was about the be launched we where all told that upgrading to Nirvana would maintaining refinement level and sockets. It was "conveniently" announced about the same time as PWI started spamming the 10 star orb sales lol. Loads of people upgraded their hh99 and nirvana to +10-+12 thinking they would be able to keep it. We all got fking scammed and lied to by PWI. The huge amount of money they screwed their customers of its pretty much a smaller scandal, if not even illegal.

really?
    he asked, and then went ahead and did it without waiting for an answer, and its the GMs fault?
    LOL

I don't deny that they scammed people with this, I myself have a +10 lunar bow that I upgraded with the belief that I would be able to upgrade it to g15 without losing the refine. HOWEVER, there is no way in hell I would recast it without a very explicit confirmation from the GMs that the refine would not be lost.
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    Mirabeth - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This weeks hot new cash shop item (press Alt+O to access the boutique):

The all new and fascinating ? pack.

Try your luck on this new ? Pack. It contains an item which may or may not be useful.

Remember all, that's Alt+O!

That made me LOL so hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Skybelle for the wonderful sig

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I want ? mark packs, too.

I think we should make them have a .001% chance to instantly +12 all your gear, but a 99.999% chance to "randomly" destroy all your armor irrevocably.

EDIT: But you can't advertise this feature. Just the part that says "instantly +12 your gear."
  • Ken_ - Heavens Tear
    Ken_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    its amazingly funny how someone makes there own idiotic mistake and then blame the GMs who are not at all responsible for that idiotic mistake you made.
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    its amazingly funny how someone makes there own idiotic mistake and then blame the GMs who are not at all responsible for that idiotic mistake you made.

Except in this case, he was making an informed decision based on the information the GMs provided us with. This information led everyone to believe that the refines would still be intact.

If this were a case of "didn't read the manual," I wouldn't care at all. But as this is a case of mis-information and clarification that came too late, it's entirely reasonable to blame the GMs.

This was a scam, pure and simple, and it's not the first debacle in recent memory.
This discussion has been closed.