Etiquette

2»

Comments

• Balthier - Dreamweaver
    Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I, for one find these bums swooping in and taking your loot pretty annoying. If they answer me and move away after their first ninja-looting, then I'm usually ok with it, but my god how I hate those that stick around, saying nothing just standing there waiting for more pennies to drop.

If I'm grinding (which is rarely do, but it does happen) I usually find myself a spot in the middle of a group of mobs, and fire away. I can't really be arsed to pick up the loot each mob drops, so I tend to kill 10-15-20 mobs and then pick up all the loot. Yes, there is a timer for the loot, which as mentioned earlier is ridiculously short. And I suppose you can say that after that timer is up, its free game. Well **** me... Pick up my loot once because you thought I didn't care for it, sure Ill let that pass. And Ill politely ask them to not take my drops, since Im grinding here. Most are fine with this. But those not replying, standing around waiting for scraps, grrr. Makes me a mad cleric, and makes me wish I were on a pvp serverb:angry

What I usually do to these ppl though, is kinda fun. I kill a mob, then wait around 12-13 secs by the drop, letting them get their hopes up, and then picking it up a few seconds before the timer is up. Repeat this a few times, and they'll usually call you an **** and fly away. Makes me chuckle b:laugh
  • Vorawrcious - Harshlands
    Vorawrcious - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    WOW, way to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Need learn to temper your emotions or you'll have a heart attack by 45. You contacted the guild leader cause a broke noob drop by to pick up some drops you cared nothing about. Now you start a entire thread about it. Whats next, contact a GM and try to get him one day ban.

Maybe you need to chill and not make a federal case out of it.

I agree with the guild leader you talk to. Who want to waste their time debating something that doesnt even matter.
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    not understand the OP at all Vorawrcious b:bye
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Normally I'm the voice of compassion in situations like these, but... we do have a drop timer for a reason. :-/
    (...)
    My policy is:
    If I see LOTS of mobs' worth of drops, I pick them up, period. The rightful owner clearly does not want them.
    good set of rules :) only on that point i adjust a little for venos... they usually pick their drops only from time to time, so when i see a veno and total mess on ground everywhere i just leave it be, unless she / he wanders off away

as for common courtesy: i get annoyed when someone comes up and takes drops from under my feet when im fighting... it does happen that timer runs out before i kill all mobs i aggroed. ok, in theory drops from first ones are fair game then but i think its rude... but the cup goes to a bm / veno squad who stole drops when i was killing florafang (back then killing him and his ads took me some time), then after i finished and picked floras drops they ASKED ME TO HELP THEM KILL FLORA b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Valne - Sanctuary
    Valne - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This is funny. It just seems all Abo was trying to do was inform the guy that he could get into an undesirable situation by doing what he did. Not really a subject that called for Abo to be flamed.
  • lymphocyte
    lymphocyte Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    wall of text
    b:sad

yeah people are rude. so i take out my anger by kill in them on pvp server b:laugh
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Whats the point of this thread? OP is 96 and still hasn't realised PWI, as pretty much every MMO to date is choke full of jerks?

I usually grind with my nix on an exp scroll, and picking up items is waste of said scroll so I just leave them. 9/10 times someone comes and starts following me like a dog collecting items. I completely ignore them; only to stop to mock them if they die. I most certainly don't contact their guild or write a wall of text on the forum about it - clearly it affected the OP in a way he refuses to admit.

As for "warning this guy" - I can tell you now; he doesn't give a ****. His guildmates don't give a ****. No one reading this thread will truly give a ****. It almost seems like you have just joined the internet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i faces similar probs at the fishes near sumor camp where i used to grind afer lvl 86+ up until lvl 90.

Well what i used to do is that if am alone out there, i tend to kill 2 huge groups of fishes first, then take drops from all of the mobs, now at times i used to get delayed cause some other mobs might have gathered my attention or i aggroed some other mob myself, but this is to keep in mind i have full intentions to pick up drops,

now the sad part is at times noobs used to come down to pick the drops up, i dont mind really its jst a few 100k worth drop ? Sad thing is we all passed these levels, and we all needed money we still need money, but at our time we weren't privileged so many lvl 85 + grinding for only EXP. Nor did i ever take picking random loot as a hobby or way to make money, if i needed money i used to grind it out as many others did.

This is the point where it hurts, people like these asses just want the easy way out on the game never ever wanna do something ethically, i accept that smart work is better than hard work but smart work ain't something which hampers or effects ur future reputation on the server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • Ignation - Lost City
    Ignation - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I 100% agree with the OP. the decency to contact the person for the drops is just good manners, it is not that hard to click on someones name and type small sentences asking if you can have the drops.

And I honestly think what you did was right by talking to his officer, you did great my friend and i do appreciate your concern for the BM and his faction.

All I am trying to say is manners should not be neglected, be it on the Internet or in real life, just because someone is hiding behind his screen does not give him the right to do whatever he wants whenever he wants. b:victory
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Abominus is right, you shouldn't ignore people..

But even I get guilty of that sometimes b:surrender
    Once in a while, when people send squad invites when I'm just randomly grinding (for drops/money), and I'm in an antisocial mood or whatever the reason may be, I just drag the invite to the bottom of my screen and keep grinding ><

Note to self: just say no thanks Dx

BTW, Abominus.. thanks for being eloquent. That's getting harder and harder to come by these days xD

Edit: I just realized I kinda went off a tangent from the true topic, lol. I blame being sick.
    It's good of you to try to reach out and tell them that they could run into all sorts of trouble by doing things like that, but if they don't want to listen, so be it. Some people learn better through getting the full consequences of their actions first-hand, sad to say =\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Malayshion - Lost City
    Malayshion - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yeah I kind of don't care I was grinding one time, and some blue name flew by and tried to take my drops, but the timer wasn't up. I asked him what on earth he was doing, because he landed in the middle of 3 aggro-ing mobs to try and get the drops, after trying to pick them up and failing, he got poisoned and died before he could fly far away. I asked him why he even bothered coming out and he didn't even respond. b:cold It just happens
  • Amorzka - Harshlands
    Amorzka - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Proper etq would be to group the lower level peeps and split the xp and drops
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    etiquette doesnt exist. the sheep here like to '+1' the morally bankrupt and the bullies of the forum, even when these same 'pro trolls' insult them daily as well. their minds act like a cohesive unit of sheep who care for nothing but their own little pleasure. expect kindness from no one in this monument to ignorance.

This...All of you know who this quote is referring to.

I dont see what the whole fuss is about. Its basically someone getting one of those free sample thingies, then throwing it away where someone who actually wants it can pick it up.

And you have to take it from the BMs point of view you know. Free stuff on the ground. Who wouldnt take it?
    And I dont see how that was really rude...IE; rude enough to make a thread on the forums about it. People take drops all the time. Ive taken peoples drops when the timer expires, people do that to me. Never has anyone objected to it.

The only big problem that I think youre talking about (like the whole "preparing him for the future") is mold stealing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The same thing has happened to me many times, only difference is that I want to pick up anything that drops, that's my main income in the game (exept the pots, don't have room for those and I don't use them much either). Most of the time I leave few drops on the ground for a sec, because I'm attacking multiple mobs, but then someone comes and tries to pick my drops up, but as the timer is still on, they can't take them. Then I obviously go and pick the drops up myself, but sometimes I'm not fast enough and someone else gets them. I usually ask nicely if I can have the drops, as they were mine, but I get no answer or the person says that they thought I didn't need the drops.

I usually pick the drops up too if someone is leaving them behind and obviously didn't want them, but I always ask before I do so, seems normal to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]