Spark Burst? - Help needed.

exitiumforce
exitiumforce Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Wizard
Forgive me if this is an extremely nooby question as I am new to the game, but I've looked through various wizard building guides and even the PWpedia, and couldn't find information on this skill.

Is it a good thing for me to get and level up regularly? Pic included in the link if you don't know what I'm talking about.

sparkburst.jpg
Post edited by exitiumforce on

Comments

• FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Forgive me if this is an extremely nooby question as I am new to the game, but I've looked through various wizard building guides and even the PWpedia, and couldn't find information on this skill.

Is it a good thing for me to get and level up regularly? Pic included in the link if you don't know what I'm talking about.

sparkburst.jpg

dont get that skill, is for suicide ppl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear
    Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You can't level it up anymore than that. If you can spare the 18 spirit and 23 coins, get it.
    The doctor will see you now.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Don't listen to those fail Wizards. You'll be needing that skill, as well as Spark Burst + and your Cultivation Burst during higher levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    at the cost of 1 spark it increases your weapon magic attack by 200% I believe.

at level 59 you get another skill like this, but costs 2 sparks to activate. increases your attack by 400% I believe,

then at 89 when you choose demon or sage path, you get another one that increases your attack by 700% + some other bonus's at the cost of 3 sparks.

I had fun in my lowbie days with sparks :P id get it and use it on increased life mobs
  • Fei_Lung - Sanctuary
    Fei_Lung - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I find as a wizzy that I don't use sparkburst as much as I do on any of the other classes, simply because I don't need to. Even using sparkburst+ only boosts my damage about as much as extreme poison does from my genie.

I won't say its useless, but there are other skills that will be a better use for your chi, in lower levels, I found myself saving my chi for distance shrink, or if I find myself needing to switch between elemental shields. after you get your ulti's, Essential Sutra+Extreme Poison completely takes Sparkburst+ out of the picture. of course the effectiveness of sparkburst will change with your weapon and its refinement level, but not enough in my view.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I find as a wizzy that I don't use sparkburst as much as I do on any of the other classes, simply because I don't need to. Even using sparkburst+ only boosts my damage about as much as extreme poison does from my genie.

I won't say its useless, but there are other skills that will be a better use for your chi, in lower levels, I found myself saving my chi for distance shrink, or if I find myself needing to switch between elemental shields. after you get your ulti's, Essential Sutra+Extreme Poison completely takes Sparkburst+ out of the picture. of course the effectiveness of sparkburst will change with your weapon and its refinement level, but not enough in my view.

Sage/Demon spark is pretty much the only burst you'll need. Well, that and the following combo (Only usable at full chi [3 sparks + 99 chi]):

Glacial Snare > Spark Burst + > Undine > Gush > Blade Tempest > Will of the Phoenix > Force of Will > Undine > other spells

This totally makes mincemeat out of Increased Magic Resistance mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • negimagi
    negimagi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    extreme posion = spark burst? you gotta be kidding. Sage spark doubles your dmg. And if i remember correctly, the 2-spark burst also gives more dmg than extreme poision (20% more dmg for 6 sec at lvl). Plus with spark, you get mp return which is always nice for wiz and a period of invincibility
  • exitiumforce
    exitiumforce Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Alright, thanks guys.
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    negimagi wrote: »
    extreme posion = spark burst? you gotta be kidding. Sage spark doubles your dmg. And if i remember correctly, the 2-spark burst also gives more dmg than extreme poision (20% more dmg for 6 sec at lvl). Plus with spark, you get mp return which is always nice for wiz and a period of invincibility

The sparks are not doubling or quadriplying TOTAL damage what most thinks and make mistake so sparks are basicly:
    Advanced gives extra few hundreds points on Total.(mainly used for mana refil)
    Demon/Sage add another few hundred ( but never coming close to x2 or x4 damage Total as many thinks) as well mainly used for their special effects aka Channeling boost if Demon and not sure about another usage except 20% refill as Sage.
    So YES Extreme poison= Advanced Spark boost in matter of damage bonus
    b:bye
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    wnight wrote: »
    The sparks are not doubling or quadriplying TOTAL damage what most thinks and make mistake so sparks are basicly:
    Advanced gives extra few hundreds points on Total.(mainly used for mana refil)
    Demon/Sage add another few hundred ( but never coming close to x2 or x4 damage Total as many thinks) as well mainly used for their special effects aka Channeling boost if Demon and not sure about another usage except 20% refill as Sage.
    So YES Extreme poison= Advanced Spark boost in matter of damage bonus
    b:bye

rofl advanced spark give mroe and stacking too with poison what the main point after mana refill what reduce ur potion spam in tt too.

about 3rd spark, i use low refined weapon for this example http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/5523/dmgl.jpg
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    (Hybrid and light armor wizards get proportionally greater benefit from spark than full arcane wizards but of course a full arcane wizard will always have higher attacks with the same gear, even with spark.)

heavy armor the rock rofl (ok what i watched all restated to light or arcane before 90.

mainly nice in spark burst is u can combine with sutra or ulti then deadly if u help a bit with extremity poison+spark/frenzy too b:pleased
  • __Hysteria__ - Harshlands
    __Hysteria__ - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You can't level it up anymore than that. If you can spare the 18 spirit and 23 coins, get it.

lmfao, epic
    4x Wizard - Marshal of the faction Sacreds
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    3 sparks >>> poison

Sage 3 spark gives you except nice boost to damage 3 second invisibility=resistance to any damage, lower damage received by 25% very useful also, purify from wood poison mobs especially in BH 89 eden with very strong poison damage over time. 20% mana back which is from 15k mana pool a lot of mana back. Because I have also chi boost in genie, I'm using it very often and thanks to 3 spark I become totally independent on mana apothecary or mana pots. I don't need to use any mana refills anymore.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    3 sparks >>> poison

Sage 3 spark gives you except nice boost to damage 3 second invisibility=resistance to any damage, lower damage received by 25% very useful also, purify from wood poison mobs especially in BH 89 eden with very strong poison damage over time. 20% mana back which is from 15k mana pool a lot of mana back. Because I have also chi boost in genie, I'm using it very often and thanks to 3 spark I become totally independent on mana apothecary or mana pots. I don't need to use any mana refills anymore.b:victory

that sounds soooo smexy =O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    that sounds soooo smexy =O

BUT it doesn't work when you are forced to use DB, because you don't gain chi. Everything depend on chi. But it perfectly works in killing bosses(on long run), because I have lot of chi.(I'm sage of course). 45chi from sage pyro + 50chi master li technique + 15 chi( I think) from elemental shell + 1spark + some chi from genie cloud eruption. In combination with combo pyro+divine pyro I'm totally independent of mana refills. No matters how long we killing boss.
    BUT I still have apothecary in inventory, because in BH runs Eden,Brim I'm often using DB so there I need mana refills. But TT, or another bosses is mana free.
    ONE more word. As I learning sage spells the mana spending is also raising due to new spells. So this border is still thicker and thicker. One time I will lost my independence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    3 sparks >>> poison

Sage/Demon 3 spark gives you except nice boost to damage 3 second invisibility=resistance to any damage and status effect, lower damage received by 25% very useful also if u are sage and got non dot dmg, purify from wood poison mobs especially in BH 89 eden with very strong poison damage over time, and veno pet bleed (i use mainly for this and for avoid the stun/freeze or whatever how called here). 20% mana back which is from 15k mana pool a lot of mana back. Because I have also chi boost in genie, I'm using it very often and thanks to 3 spark I become totally independent on mana apothecary or mana pots. I don't need to use any mana refills anymore.b:victory

only let me fix a bit and put my words too XD b:laugh