Useless (new)Window temp fix:3

rapidbunny
rapidbunny Posts: 13 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Yeah if you read this you probably QQ about new window which just takes place in our game interface and is useless. OK removing it(not actual removing but surely it works fine for now) is pretty easy with simple knowledge how to open an INI file with any text editor for example notepad.

OK things to do(remember to turn OFF the game completely before):
1. Go to your game folder => Perfect World\element\userdata\Layout
2. Open *number*.INI file, which *number* is your character number(each character have different) it's easy to find your number checking \msg folder which keeps logs of chat but for what we want we probably want to open them all(to change all characters).
3. FIND

Win_ChatBig_x = xx.xxxxx
Win_ChatBig_y = xx.xxxxx

where xx.xxxxx is ofc numbers, most likely differen't for everyone of us :3
and change to some bigger values for example

Win_ChatBig_x = 1132.081219
Win_ChatBig_y = 1165.753426

(works good for me) It seems small but it's not exact resolution much smaller numbers should be ok, probably the less the better but no side effects for me at such numbers. Basically what you will do is setting the window to be set outside of visible resolution which actually makes our new problem go away.

4. Save the file and turn on the game clean of new window.
5. Remember what you changed couse this window MAY be something usefull in the future.
Post edited by rapidbunny on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    err....
    may result in a ban...
    you is not suppose to edit ini files.
    (>.<)'
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rinari - Raging Tide
    Rinari - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i would recommend nobody do this, as editing game files is bannable b:surrender

EDIT: dammit hamsta b:infuriated your ninja skillz are too epic, I DEMAND NURFING b:surrender
    Retired Character

New main is Alexenokin of Lost City
    edited February 2010
    i would recommend nobody do this, as editing game files is bannable b:surrender

EDIT: dammit hamsta b:infuriated your ninja skillz are too epic, I DEMAND NURFING b:surrender

they tried to nurf bat me before.
    (>.<)'
    me eated the nurf bat.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ban my ****, idk

their fault for being fail and putting it there in the 1st place

thanks for the info man =)
  • rapidbunny
    edited February 2010
    For all I know this isn't game modification all window locations can be changed from the game and they're saved in OPEN for all(not encrypted) INI files. You just set the resolution manually.
  • Rinari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    they tried to nurf bat me before.
    (>.<)'
    me eated the nurf bat.

what'd it taste like :O?
    Retired Character

• Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Modding files is modding files. If you go into the system files for the game and move or change ANYTHING, its a bannable offense. Whether they are easily accessible or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Rinari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Modding files is modding files. If you go into the system files for the game and move or change ANYTHING, its a bannable offense. Whether they are easily accessible or not.

actually, something to clarify about that

moving/copying/pasting/etc is perfectly okay for character preset/customization files, so long as you arent actually going in and editing them (outside of the built-in ingame customization thingy)... you can even send your personal customizations to your friends, so they can use them :D
    Retired Character

• rapidbunny
    edited February 2010
    Saying what's bannable and what isn't should be muted at least:3 couse by some ppl copying the game to other location you installed it instead of installing it again would be bannable=]. And read the name of the topic "temp" = temporary. Untill it actually will be made into something it's just a trash window we can't turn off please turn on your game and stop living on the forum before commenting any game related topic.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hey guys, this is an interesting fix, but as others have stated, editing your game files is a bannable offense.

I understand that some players are frustrated with this new window, and I'm happy to tell you that we are working on a fix for it that should be live shortly.

Also, keep in mind that part of the reason we do not allow the modification of game files is that they may become corrupt in the process, rendering your client unplayable either now or at some point in the future (for example, after applying new patch).

So again, please don't modify these files, just have patience while we resolve this issue.

Thanks!

FrankieRaye
  • Rinari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    rapidbunny wrote: »
    Saying what's bannable and what isn't should be muted at least:3 couse by some ppl copying the game to other location you installed it instead of installing it again would be bannable=]. And read the name of the topic "temp" = temporary. Untill it actually will be made into something it's just a trash window we can't turn off please turn on your game and stop living on the forum before commenting any game related topic.

lol, sounds like someone is getting mad... rage moar :D?

we're simply putting forth the knowledge that IT IS BANNABLE to do what you posted

EDIT: ninja'd by frankie D:
    Retired Character

• DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited February 2010

moving/copying/pasting/etc is perfectly okay for character preset/customization files, so long as you arent actually going in and editing them (outside of the built-in ingame customization thingy)... you can even send your personal customizations to your friends, so they can use them :D

Unless it's Tideborn hair. Tideborn hair is the hair of the devil, and is not allowed on non-tideborn characters.
    Or so I've gathered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    its bannable yes, but do at your own risk

that box annoys me but should it ruin the files upon update il face the consequences and re install the game ^^
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hey guys, this is an interesting fix, but as others have stated, editing your game files is a bannable offense.

I understand that some players are frustrated with this new window, and I'm happy to tell you that we are working on a fix for it that should be live shortly.

Also, keep in mind that part of the reason we do not allow the modification of game files is that they may become corrupt in the process, rendering your client unplayable either now or at some point in the future (for example, after applying new patch).

So again, please don't modify these files, just have patience while we resolve this issue.

Thanks!

FrankieRaye

The CM has spoken!
    /thread
  • Rinari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Unless it's Tideborn hair. Tideborn hair is the hair of the devil, and is not allowed on non-tideborn characters.
    Or so I've gathered.

you would be correct
    Retired Character

• rapidbunny
    edited February 2010
    lol, sounds like someone is getting mad... rage moar :D?

we're simply putting forth the knowledge that IT IS BANNABLE to do what you posted

EDIT: ninja'd by frankie D:

Rage? Yeah I roar:3 couse game is temporary unplayable for me with the window, having a ban for changing resolution manually? That would be my first, most mmo's are open for such changes and editing INI files manually is sometimes ONLY way to restore your interface after a game crash - which happened a few times in the past for me, ban for that? Sure prefer it than constantly moving useless empty window all over my interface, or reinstalling a game after every power failure in stormy summer.

PS. I don't live here(on soo called forum) soo peace with anyone who does. I just shared info to help ppl soo now I can *hides*.
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2010

K, my bad. b:chuckle So I suppose the general statement can't work, but its better to look at it that way and just not do it unless its something absolutely specific that you would look to see if its alright. I don't touch their files other than my screenshots and clicking on the music files to listen to if I feel like it. I've never done anything with the presets and stuff, and I'd thought that that was something that you saved/imported/exported through the game itself when creating, and not going into the system files for it at all. b:surrender My noobness on the part of that. But yeah. I just went on a mindless rant, didn't I.. ><;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ofcourse the non bannable way to do it is Slide it over top of your xp and spirit box, where itll be outa the way.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Rage? Yeah I roar:3 couse game is temporary unplayable for me with the window, having a ban for changing resolution manually? That would be my first, most mmo's are open for such changes and editing INI files manually is sometimes ONLY way to restore your interface after a game crash - which happened a few times in the past for me, ban for that? Sure prefer it than constantly moving useless empty window all over my interface, or reinstalling a game after every power failure in stormy summer.

PS. I don't live here(on soo called forum) soo peace with anyone who does. I just shared info to help ppl soo now I can *hides*.

err...me wondering what the heck kind of mmo's has you been playing? out of the dozen or more so mmorgs me has played....none do they allow let alone encourage modification of game files. (although some will allow specific changes but nothing more.)
    me never heard of any official mmos encouraging the modification of game files
    b:sweat
    yes...all mmos allow people to restore files to their original preset or to intended values which allow the game to be played as intended.....
    what you be doing is something the developers did not intend.
    sowwys

well um.....have fun?
    yesh?
    ^.^'
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yea, umm, no.

OP, I suggest you runnnnnn.b:surprised

Better to be safe than sorry, just hide the box in a corner of the screen. I recomend above the general chat box.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • rapidbunny
    edited February 2010
    Ok I must reply that.

I'll answer it in other way: ONLY mmo I played that didn't encourage to modify "settings" manually was L2. Config files had more advanced info there than just resolution, graphic/sound settings and window positions and vere encrypted which mean that without backup you needed to reinstall game if it corrupted. All others I played had soo called "USERDATA" which keept all your configs and stuff with easy to use names to modify it from outside of the game if it was impossible to do inside.

Basically it's created by game on YOUR PC after you change the defaults, not installed with it. It's userdata, it's on my pc, it was created on my pc, it's mine - I can change it how I want. If it had any data that could make me cheat the game or anything please I would love a ban, I'm a person who says openly dualboxing should be bannable, couse even stupid afk catshop generates lags, and ppl who solo Twilight Temple on few accounts ruin the economy, but yeah they can do it freely GM's even will tell you how to do it to not get banned here, BUT change values of your own data = EVIL and should be punished. >.>

You all talk about "modyfing GAME files" which is imo huge offtopic, couse all I wrote was related to USERDATA files. And no it doesn't modify file structure not anything which could brake your game etc. it's only modifing VALUES which can also be modified in game + I tested in on my own self soo animal friendly.
    If you change resolution, change your interface position and then your game crashes it's highly possible that resolution will be restored but windows position will stay how you changed them couse it's saved in different userdata and saved in differen't time. Crash your game a few times or use alt+f4(minimizes the game to system tray) while playing other games which changes resolution and you'll have about same effect without modifying the config manually through probably then most of the interface will flow outside of the viewable area and GOOD LUCK with repairing it without manually editing configs. >.>

Have a nice day. Good night. Happy >offensive< playing without -pissing everyone- bug which was added by new, untested(like always? for example last update crash bug with cat-shops) update=].
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ok I must reply that.

I'll answer it in other way: ONLY mmo I played that didn't encourage to modify "settings" manually was L2. Config files had more advanced info there than just resolution,...

...Have a nice day. Good night. Happy >offensive< playing without -pissing everyone- bug which was added by new, untested(like always? for example last update crash bug with cat-shops) update=].

Yeah, I'll just say that I've noticed games where modification of the UI was allowed. They are even programs that will do it all for you, so that you don't have to muck around with random .ini files. I mean, wouldn't it be great if we could all get rid of useless boxes or reposition shortcut bars anywhere or damage counters or something of that nature? It would give the game a custom and flexible feel.

The only given explanation as to why we can't do it is: You may mess up your game and it won't be able to work. Well boo-hoo! I'd take that chance any day. It doesn't take that long to reinstall the game anyway. I think the real reason here is that they don't want to threaten their precious makeover scroll sales...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    err...me wondering what the heck kind of mmo's has you been playing? out of the dozen or more so mmorgs me has played....none do they allow let alone encourage modification of game files. (although some will allow specific changes but nothing more.)
    me never heard of any official mmos encouraging the modification of game files
    Every game and MMO I've played has allowed and encouraged you to modify ini and config files. In many cases, certain fixes were distributed over the forums as instructions on how to modify these text files.

PWI is the first game I've played where this is disallowed. Normally when a developer of a game doesn't want players to mess with such files, they encrypt them or (in the case of the Tideborne hair) put checks in the code to prevent the setting from causing the unwanted behavior. This is the first game I've played where such things are enforced via bans. Why go through the labor-intensive process of having other players submit a ticket, have someone review the ticket, pass it on to GMs (or whomever decides bans), who then have to manually ban the account? Just have a developer spend 30 seconds to insert into the code:

if ((hairstyle == TidebornePoofy) && (race != Tideborne))
    {
    setHairstyle( race.default() );
    }
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well like that other person said a simple thing to do is to drag that annoying window over top your hp and mp character thing. You can't see you don't click up there totally inconspicuous.

And you have to see it from their side with versions of the game like MY they are probably very protective of what you can touch and can't touch to prevent such a thing again. So things like private servers don't get Tideborn and a bunch of other things this gives their server the edge and keeps their server on the top for people
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Noggin - Dreamweaver
    Noggin - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ok I must reply that.

Basically it's created by game on YOUR PC after you change the defaults, not installed with it. It's userdata, it's on my pc, it was created on my pc, it's mine - I can change it how I want.

Not that I don't agree with you in principle. But this isn't correct, the ini files are integral to the PWI software and remain their property. There is a section in the terms of service and presumably EULA about this, you have to agree to those terms to continue to use the software. They state that any modifications you make remain the property of PW. Interestingly the terms of service don't say you CAN'T mod the files, just that any mods remain the property of PWI. So unless you read the forums you wouldn't know it was bannable.

Oh well you know now.....
  • Fruitluips - Lost City
    Fruitluips - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Thanks!

FrankieRaye
    A real mod comes in and acts completely sensible, and all the little junior wannabe mods seem to get off on how quickly they can post "bannable" for something that's totally innocent and actually helpful
  • Rinari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    A real mod comes in and acts completely sensible, and all the little junior wannabe mods seem to get off on how quickly they can post "bannable" for something that's totally innocent and actually helpful

so let me get this straight... helping our fellow players by warning them that they could get banned for using this makes us mini-mods? gtfo with your ignorant BS b:shutup b:bye
    Retired Character

• Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I just want more spell hotkeys :\
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • Rinari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    I just want more spell hotkeys :\

there's 69 hotkey slots in the bars... how is that not enough?
    Retired Character

• volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited February 2010
    PWI is the first game I've played where this is disallowed.
    Yup. Even official chinese version is more lax with editing stuff. b:shocked