People getting upset with me for squadding?

Options
Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Sometimes when I need to grind (or am bored) I go to Arch and look around for people who need help with lower level FBs and such. A few days ago I saw someone looking for squad members for FB29. So I asked if I could join and got an invite.

Lots of "o_O" popped up when the leader saw my level. They then told me that this wasn't....I forget the word they used, but either way I couldn't go along with them. I figured it might be a BH or something, so I just said ok and quit. Several other times I've gotten yelled at because I didn't realize the damn squad was BH only. Is there some psychic message I'm not getting here? Everyone posts, "LOOKING FOR X SQUAD PM ME" all over the place, but is it so hard to specify what kind of squad you want? No reason to get angry with the out-of-loops.
Post edited by Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Some people are just asses, and others are a little on the dumb side.

For instance, I have been booted from an FB39 squad (at level 85 mind) because the barb thought I couldn't tank it. Did I complain?

Well if the barbarian thinks a level 85 archer can't tank FB39, he has some issues, so that's very possibly a failure squad in the making anyway. I didn't complain at all and went on my merry way - finding an FB59 to help with instead.

It's a mixture of people who are ignorant fools, those who have too much pride to want a high level to help them, and those who simply think a BH squad must consist of people who need that BH with no exceptions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    today i did a fb 39 with 79 sin - 88 archer n 75 cleric n i tanked most mobs inside also all 3 bosses no1 died lol was easy tho 15k repairs -_- prolly coz didnt repaired since bh69 maybe o,,o

on this week i also tanked fb51 mobs fushma n mobs til rankar coz our 9x veno was dcing then she came back n tanked the rest of dungeon - was using same cleric as the fb39 n dunno wha lv the other one O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starfyrefilly
    starfyrefilly Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well were you really high or really low lvl. If you are a low lvl then i completly understand with them because its a pain to drag a low lvl along but a high lvl? i shouldn't see why there would be a problem....
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I had stayed on 38 for about three days, so I think that's what I was when I asked. o_o
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Really high levels do reduce drops - but yeah, explaining is best before kicking someone.
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    TBH people just like to breeze through the game. It's nowhere near impossible for a squad of pure lvl 29's to clear fb29 (and I would assume that's the original intention of these fb's, not have someone 60 levels higher clear it without breaking a sweat), but people don't like it because they'll actually have to come up with tactics instead of playing following the leader.
  • Nolasa - Dreamweaver
    Nolasa - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ive had similar things happen on my bm. One of the things i like to do is find ppl asking for BH29s, and just run that for them right quick. I know from experience that if you dont get that BH done close to when it becomes available, it can be a pain to get done. So if some random 4X needs it, and is at the BH guy asking for help, ill help em out. I dont care about the drops, i just like helping out.
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    @maochi lol so what u telling us than a group of lv 69 can beat entire fb69? lol they gonna get soooo pawned at pole. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorawrcious - Harshlands
    Vorawrcious - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This thread seems worthless. You cant even expain to us what they said. Everyones just makeing wild guesses as to why you were unwelcome
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    @maochi lol so what u telling us than a group of lv 69 can beat entire fb69? lol they gonna get soooo pawned at pole. b:surrender

and yes you can. did in start of server, cos kinda was forced to.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well, so-rry, I was only asking because I felt there was something I wasn't doing. o_o You don't have to be rude.
  • Nolasa - Dreamweaver
    Nolasa - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Welcome to the PWI Forums! b:laugh Youll find forum trolls quite frequent here, but youre better off ignoring them. As for your OP, there are rude ppl all over the place. If a squad doesnt want your help, theres more than likely another one out there that would welcome your help.
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    and yes you can. did in start of server, cos kinda was forced to.
    Yep I insisted to as a barb to tank all my fbs and so my fb69 squad ranged on those levels since were the ones with which I did the 20x3 quest too.Really if people would actually play their chars and not wait for others 20 lvls higher to hold their hands we'd have less QQers and less fail sqauds.But that would make it a Perfect World and this sure ain't.
    As for the OP sometimes it happens when I try to help someone to end up in a position where it seems that HE's making ME a favor by letting me help him.Usually I tell them to frick off and ignore them afterwards.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    FranzKafka, I agree. Not only would we have people who would learn how to better play their class, running those fbs with that level-squad is a lot of fun! We ran a faction fb59 a couple of months ago, and all of us were mid50s to low 60s, and it was a real blast. I was half-scared out of my mind, since I'd always had my hand held for every fb I'd done, as well, but it went perfect, and it was so much fun.

And yeah...that was rude for them to not tell you anything. I've had that happen to me once, and boy, it really ticked me off.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear
    LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

And why would they get owned? its easily done with what maocchi is describing, tactics/skills. if your not familiar with the concept, its what people get who actually play through there quest and not oracle (now hyper) there way through them. You have an opportunity to learn your specific character and know just what you can and cant do. Its so much funner that way anyhow. Theres no instance on the server that takes a squad 20 lvls higher than the instance itself.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Theres no instance on the server that takes a squad 20 lvls higher than the instance itself.

Warsong City (if you consider it level 80 as you can get quests then). It was originally FB109, and gobbles up parties of skilled players below level 100s & spits them out for breakfast.