Keep getting disconnected

Comments

• Jekk - Sanctuary
    Jekk - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Anyone tried updating sound drivers yet to see if that helps out?

Yeah even did a rollback. But the sound issue isn't the concern here...
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Where is everyone from/what ISP are you using? We have a guy in our faction that has these issues every couple weeks due to ISP issues/maintenance/incompetence.
  • Jekk - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Um...I'm overseas on a deployment. When I get home in a few weeks we'll see if I still have this issue. If I do I'm quitting PWI.
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You guys DO know that if you post your system specs... or whatever you can almost solve the problem yourselves instead of "waiting" for a GM to come answer. Most of the time they don't know either. Just see what is in common because this is not happening with everyone.
  • eriale
    eriale Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think the very least a moderator could do is come on and acknowledge peoples concerns and perhaps ask for specific further information....I am not at all convinced they even read the posts and not everyone that plays the game is a tech pro. or would know what information to post, from the forums several systems have been affected. What are Mods for! surely not just removing and moderating bad content,....which also seems rather limited.

There are evidently problems for many people, for me too, increasingly frustrating as I have tried everything I am able to think of since this morning, as have many other people who have posted in various ways on the tech forum, a compatibility issue after the recent update?, sound issues? sound card updating seems to have resolved some peoples, I am trying this now will let you know if this works.

I have never known a game with such little support, it appears there is a sub game going on "work out glitches amongst yourselves and let us know what you find".

If there are a shortage of GM's let them recruit more from players that have the time to answer tech questions or help people identify them in detail, Player Forum moderators quite numerous in most on-line games.

Its customer service thats all, many people are paying for this and/or have invested a lot of time in it. Tell us what you want to know specifically and it can be posted.
  • Ruiza - Raging Tide
    Ruiza - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I just got done talking with a GM. They're aware of the issue at hand, and they said to submit a ticket to the support team, and wait for further instructions from them.
  • eriale
    eriale Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ok I down loaded the AC97 audio driver from Realtek website and guess what.....I am now playing and casting spells without much problem ...though slightly laggy.

This worked for me!! good luck
  • Fielyla - Sanctuary
    Fielyla - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    yes i keep dc and report bugs pops up
  • apsd
    apsd Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    omg im having the similar problem, it's just so lag in these few days and i get dc sometimes.
  • deni
    deni Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think it has something to do with the last update and the whole double exp/drop/spirit thing going on. There are probably twice as many people on than usual and being near a big city doesn't help. My venomancer is outside of Archeosaur and she gets booted every five seconds. My elf, however, is outside some obscure little village and she works just fine... I wish they'd fix it though b:cry
  • Jekk - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    deni wrote: »
    I think it has something to do with the last update and the whole double exp/drop/spirit thing going on. There are probably twice as many people on than usual and being near a big city doesn't help. My venomancer is outside of Archeosaur and she gets booted every five seconds. My elf, however, is outside some obscure little village and she works just fine... I wish they'd fix it though b:cry

Read the OP and the date started. This started well before this new patch for some people. It's not a lag issue. It has something to do with the new patch. No matter what day or time of day I log in I get disconnected when I move or cast a spell. Sometimes if I wait long enough I get disconnected. Usually within 30 seconds.
  • hurricaneghost
    hurricaneghost Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i updated the patch and now i dont even last 1 minute
  • juandicahones
    juandicahones Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i realy bugged by this but not the only 1
    so plz help use for we going to play other game's :(
    i try evrything b:shocked and for new patch this never happen :(
  • Jekk - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    If everyone could please follow these instructions that has this problem and submit a ticket to PWI maybe they will be able to fix the problem.
    Could you please send us a DXDiag log? It would make it much easier to diagnose this issue.

When you submit a ticket to us in Tech Support, if you can attach your dxdiag and hijackthis logs, it'll save you and us more time on trying to help you solve your issues. Please see the info below for instructions.

You need to tell us whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit version of Windows. You can find out in Windows by going here: Start > Control Panel > System & Maintenance > System. Then look under System > System Type. It will then display 32bit Operating System or 64bit Operating System. Include that info with the logs we ask for below.

To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run, then type in dxdiag and press Enter. Click on Save All Information, then attach the text file to your reply. Please do not copy and then paste the text into your email, as our email system will filter it and make it useless to us. Add it to your email as an Attachment (If you have a 64bit system, please click on the 64bit Dxdiag/DirectX button to get the correct log file).

If you are using Vista, go to the Start Menu, click in the Search menu and type dxdiag.exe.

To create a HijackThis log, go to http://www.download.com/Trend-Micro-HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10227353.html and download and install the program. Click "Do a system scan and save a log file," then attach the text file to your reply.

Or, use this link to download the program if you need to, or use this link:
    http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis

Please do not copy and then paste the text files into your email, as our email system will filter it and make it useless to us. Add it to your email as
    Attachments.
  • _Executrix_ - Dreamweaver
    _Executrix_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hello, my hubby has that problem too, we both run PWI on Linux, only the sound cards are difficult and he has a better processor. My PWi runs like the hell, I dont have any problems (beside the archo-lags).

He already submitted a ticket, explained the whole problem, told them he has a Linux system and the answer was: "we don't support Mac - Systems" b:surrender No Macintosh here, dear supportingteam. b:sad

I think the Supportingteam on PWI should change the ticket options, so that users can select the Linuxsystems too in the OP-System-Option. As far as I've read there are not only 10 people who run PWI on Linux...b:avoid

Greetings
    Exe
  • symplia
    symplia Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    bump bump bump

when i log in every time after my char appears ingame my pwi crashes
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited February 2010
    For everyone experiencing constant crashes, please update your audio drivers. If that doesn't solve the issue, send a ticket to tech support. Please include a dxdiag log and describe your problem in as much detail as possible.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• GodsCaster - Heavens Tear
    GodsCaster - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Everyone have their problems solved now their audio has been updated?
  • Kitserubame - Dreamweaver
    Kitserubame - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well i have no sound card...Rather, mine is totally fried. Are you saying that I can't play the game without a sound card?
  • Sylki - Harshlands
    Sylki - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    So if you have no sound you can't play this game? if so this sucks. I was perfectly fine until this update b:cry
  • Echolight - Dreamweaver
    Echolight - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    >_< Disconnection happened to me after TB update...
  • Jekk - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Well i have no sound card...Rather, mine is totally fried. Are you saying that I can't play the game without a sound card?

Well there is a problem directly related to soundcard issues. If you have disabled your soundcard driver then the game will crash when you use a spell. If you simply don't have a soundcard or it is fried but the driver is still enabled then I'm not sure. Saitada said that he disabled his driver when his soundcard got fried and had crashing problems but when he enabled the driver again he stopped crashing. No harm has come to his computer from enabling the driver and he's able to play now.

Other than soundcard drivers and sound issues some of us are just simply disconnecting and cannot stay connected to the game. There is yet to be a solution to this problem. I have been unable to play PWI for over 2 weeks now with growing frustration on this issue. No matter which toon I play or where I'm at in PWI, my game disconnects. Always have a very quick and smooth connection to the game and server but cannot stay connected.

Like Surtr suggested (well before that) I submitted a ticket with a dxdiag and a hackthis attachment. Just waiting for a reply from tech support. I will definitely keep everyone informed of what they tell me. Hopefully we can fix this issue. And hopefully it's fixed before the 2 week 2x exp is over with. I'd really hate to miss this event which I actually participated in to help achieve the goal in order for the event to come to pass. Just waiting now...
  • Kitserubame - Dreamweaver
    Kitserubame - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I hope its fixed other wise I'm leaving PWI =_= I'd hate to see that I put in all that work for nothing...
  • falconwing7
    falconwing7 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, Im having the same problems too...just downloaded the game actually and wen i login, within 30 sec...i am getting DC.

Is there a typical cause for DC like firewalls or incompatibility with certain software?

or is this just a matter of waiting?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think the problem is on the pc, software, or isp connection.
    Because i am almost never disconnected, except if my connection provider was down, or electricity on my house died. b:surrender

And my ping to pwi is 250 on average. b:sad gladly only get many lag in archosaur.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Amayoru - Raging Tide
    Amayoru - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    K...I seemed to have solved the DC problem that I was having... Apparently the university that i live at interferes with the connection to PWI. It works just fine at a coffee shop.

--to those college students lol...--
  • KillerMcD - Heavens Tear
    KillerMcD - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Surtr wrote: »
    For everyone experiencing constant crashes, please update your audio drivers. If that doesn't solve the issue, send a ticket to tech support. Please include a dxdiag log and describe your problem in as much detail as possible.

Sent in my logs after getting the same email as shown. I have an integrated sound device and it says drivers are the correct and latest ones available. Would like to disable sound to see if that works but not sure where or what to disable.
    Another thread explains this is a known issue with patch and that it may be fixed "in a future patch". After spending money on the game and spending time trying to help get the 50K fans we need I now feel ripped off that I can't take advantage of the event and that they may address it in "some" patch of the future.
    Wonder if while they decide when to fix this problem they will be considering some form of compensation for those that were affected?
    Out of all the things I have lost over the years, I miss my mind the most.
  • Shiazraz - Dreamweaver
    Shiazraz - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well im yet another one with the same problem and i seem ok once in awhile other time like now its 20sec in game then ba-bye i just got a 20dollar horse and i cant even use it wth gm's this is a very serious problem and i dont even get to take part in the two-times event i want compensation and a fix or i move to another game with my money i just spent 60 dollars in 2weeks on this dam game and i should be considered a valuable assett to the pwi communitty so GM's FIX IT or we all walk
  • Shiazraz - Dreamweaver
    Shiazraz - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ok i just plugged headphones into cpu and the game work again i generally dont use speakers or sound to play game but it works so ill deal with sound so if u dont have any speakers or headphones plugged in it will not work
    we'll just have to wait till they fix the prob and maybe some of u are as lucky as me
  • Sylki - Harshlands
    Sylki - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Thank you pwe tech support b:pleased They helped me with my issue which was due to sound and now I can play. b:victory My issue was because I had no sound driver so I just had to install one. I suggest if you also have no sound on your computer to install an audio driver if you don't have it or if that is not your problem activate your sound.
This discussion has been closed.