Favourite starter city

Options
mentallaxative
mentallaxative Posts: 93 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Of the three starter cities, I think my favourite one has to be Etherblade. The giant sword statue with pterosaurs circling it, the breathtaking view from the ledge overlooking the lands to the south, the rickety bridge with one slat missing... it's got lots of nice features. I bet Etherblade is a hot tourist attraction.

Probably my least favoured city is City of the Plume. I haven't spent much time in it (don't have an elf character) and I find the layout of the city rather messy. The big tree gets in the way of autopath flying too.

I've spent the most time in City of the Lost--my main character is a venomancer--but I'm kind of apathetic about it. It's just brown.

What's your favourite starter city?
Post edited by mentallaxative on

Comments

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    How can you hate plume >.> its got a nice BGM, and is ay more tranquille and serene than stupid etherblade.
    it reminds me of my home of Payon, the archer village :|
  • Rageon - Heavens Tear
    Rageon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Etherblade is the best, its well located the blacksmith and tailor and important guys are close to each other and are easy to find its by far the most organized city..........
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ur just saying that because you are used to it. I know the layout of all the cities and I don't have a problem locating a npc in any of them. So it just comes down to looks, lost is ugly, ether looks like some kinda castle on a hill -boring to me.
    Plume is the prettiest and the soft colours and mist makes it easier on the eyes - not to mention hawt elf npc's all over the place.

As a rule of thumb I avoid all the starter cities, the annoying spams and money/item begging is not to my liking.
  • KallenHapti - Sanctuary
    KallenHapti - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i find city of lost best as layout too
    but i also have the problem with it's colors
    it's like a desert - only sand
    some grass wouldn't have hurt
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Banned TB hairstyle made my Kallen cry b:sad
    Training my new wizzie. Current status lvl5X. b:pleased
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I find that Etherblade has the worst layout out of the tree starter cities. Etherblade is kinda confusing since its too spread out. City of the Plume is also disorganized but its the calmest of all three. I prefer City of the Lost since the important NPCs are close to each other and the teleporter is in the middle of town so once you teleport there its easy to go anywhere; also the entrance to the Cube of Fate is close too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    plume is so good. all the training npc, elder, around pool, all the shop npcs north, telemaster south. everything makes so much sense. idk i started from plume so i didnt find it confusing
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    City of the Lost is the best by far as far as layout goes:

Centralized Teleport Master which is right between the Venomancer/Barbarian trainers and the Elder.

The Starter Area is just outside the city as are the Dragon Quest NPCs.

City of Plume is the prettiest

City of Etherblade is the most chaotic.
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Etherblade- Best City to just hang around in

Lost City- Best City with NPC Areas

Plume- Best city for Vipion Grinding

=D
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    balthazar wrote: »
    Etherblade- Best City to just hang around in
    =D

indeed! Etherblade is the best to hang around, specially at night with the fires.

Plume is the calmest, I love to go there to relieve some stress.

Lost city I dont like. Maybe NPC's are close, but its not as warm and friendly or calm as etherblade or plume.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Apollo - Harshlands
    Apollo - Harshlands Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Etherblade is my favorite. The walls and structure just represent civilization to me. I also like its openess and vibrancy. And to be honest, I've never been at Etherblade at night. I wonder how that looks.

Plume City is ok, but everything is way too green for my liking. I don't find it organized at all; the shop NPCs are located too far away from each other and the tree hinders movement.

Lost City is just a wild place. It's just not aesthetically pleasing to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Venilla - Sanctuary
    Venilla - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lost City FTW! It's my hometown and it's brown / yellow-ish xD Lol, I love those colors. I like these deserted, rocky places in MMOs :3 We have good buildings and NPCs.

Plume is too fancy for my taste... but it's fun to fly / climb around the tree.
    Ether is okay, it has nice climbable buildings :D
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9215183001&dateline=1265130533[/SIGPIC]

► My original join date is August 2009.
    ► Venilla is not my main, obviously. D;
  • Estuary - Heavens Tear
    Estuary - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lost City FTW! It's my hometown and it's brown / yellow-ish xD Lol, I love those colors. I like these deserted, rocky places in MMOs :3 We have good buildings and NPCs.

*Takes away Venilla's forum privileges.*

NO MOAR NECRO!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:cryb:cry QQ MOAR QQ b:cryb:cry
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Etherblade hands down, i mean cmon, it has a giant rock sword sticking out of it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Naw yer all wrong... The best city is Seattle. XD

~S
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lost city was the best
    laging tide city well it so laggy eww lol
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Naw yer all wrong... The best city is Seattle. XD

~S

I hated Seattle when I lived near there b:surrender New York ftw~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hamster main city (?)
    be the best....
    there be no translation for our city though.
    b:sweat
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I hated Seattle when I lived near there b:surrender New York ftw~
    I'm originally from Tacoma. Lived a stones throw from McChord AFB. Loved the area during the spring and summer. Hated it during fall and winter. Generally hated most people there. But the scenery and nature was awesome.

~S
  • Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear
    Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Necro o.o

10char.
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm all for Plume. :] It's the least laggy, it's got the prettiest music, and...it just seems like the type of place I'd like to hang out in. :]

Etherblade...ehh. The music is irritating (I swear I know that song by heart now....) but the rest of it isn't so bad. It's sort of like the Tideborn city - even though our city is much prettier. Giant fish tank, anyone?!?!

Lost City gets kind of laggy, too, but I do like the architecture. Especially the lava pit.
  • Estios - Heavens Tear
    Estios - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I like Plume the most, simply because it's the least crowded, meaning the least laggy for me. I have a Netbook so it can't really handle much. :(

Once I get my new power supply for my desktop (E6300, 5770, 4GB RAM, Asus P5NE mobo (LGA775 socket/680i chipset) etc), then maybe I'll change my answer to Etherblade. It's really pretty and has the nicest architecture in my opinion.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lost. Because I can FIND things.

Plume is stupid and filled with trees and they hide the vendors.

Etherblade is slightly less stupid but is still too big.

Lost is nice and open. Much prefer it.

I turned off the in-game music after about five minutes, so that's not an issue to me.
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Probably Plume. It's pretty. Etherblade comes to a close second, but I absolutely hate Lost... probably because it's where I get a ton of stupid requests. "cn u carry me to tkn plzzzzz", "can u take me to broken bridge village :("... and so on. I'm not a freaking taxi >_<. Oh, and I hate the general Lost look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Daose - Harshlands
    Daose - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Going to have to go with Etherblade, mostly for nostalgic reasons. It's a nice hangout spot, npc's are generally easy to find, and it looks very organized. Also, as someone pointed out, it has this natural vibrancy to it.

After that I would say Lost, due to it's openness and ease of finding npc's( they aren't really far from each other). Aesthetically it's ok, looks proper for the untamed.

I absolutely hate Plume though. The super green theme is boring to me, npc's are too damn far from each other, the over abundance of huge trees is annoying, and overall it just looks disorganized.

Raging Tide is probably the most futuristic looking one, but it's not a place I generally like to be in. Too...watery.
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    City of the Plume, for sure. I always go there when I'm not training or doing anything. Plus, a lot of helpful people are usually at Plume.

But here's what I think about the starter cities. Well, this is based on personal experience and my server.

City of Lost: Usually the city with the most catshops, a shopping centre for lower grade mats and pets for venos.

City of the Plume: Usually the "peaceful" area or sometimes the most "dramatic" area. People either fight or talk casually. b:chuckle

Etherblade: The duelling area. Duels usually take place in the centre of Etherblade and usually compare about each others gear.

City of Raging Tides: (how come no one talked about this city?) is by far the most disorganized city. Too cluttered in my opinion. b:surrender

EDIT: Necro, I know. pfft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Aarie - Lost City
    Aarie - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Etherblade.
    Nuff said.

Cupcake anyone?
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    plume is the best yet the scariest..
    red name beware of the archer guards..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Probably Plume. It's pretty.

This.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    oO Necro. Anyway...

Lost is my favorite starting city. I never really learned the layout of Plume, but both it and Etherblade are nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Feroxine - Lost City
    Feroxine - Lost City Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Aesthetically, it'd probably be Etherblade. Practically, City of Lost.