Do people really fall for that?!?

Boozin - Sanctuary
Boozin - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
I have seen the same sorta trick before with catshops beside the crazy stone npc's but honestly....

More than a few times while looking in random catshops I have come across people selling tokens from coral packs... Fair enough, but I find it amazing when they have 1 token singled out and are trying to sell it for 4.5+million. And no, not a best token, a perfect token. I just assume they are hoping some blind fool isn't really paying attention and thinks they are getting a best token.. which I suppose is a perfect example of caveat emptor, but really...

I'm not sure what I find more amusing... that someone thinks they can get away with that and it will actually fool someone or the fact that that out there somewhere I bet someone has been fooled....

b:chuckleb:surrender
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Boozin - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Tazi - Heavens Tear
    Tazi - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yes. I see this with gems too for the crazy stone daily. Four of the five gems are one regular price and then one is randomly about 218k. I wonder how many suckers they get. Or if they realize that there are other CSs next to them that are doing the same thing, but the gem THEY are inflating is different. So, I just click on them and get that extra one I need.

Does it really work guys? I believe most of us are paying attention to prices. I mean, since everything has gone up about 400%. It's not that difficult to watch the numbers.

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizard - Tazi 100
    Psychic - Anastaszia 70
  • Faith_z - Sanctuary
    Faith_z - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I dont remember if i have read it ingame or somewhere on the forum, but there were quite a few players complaining they fell for the trick some catshops do with the crazy stone gems. Appearantly some people dont look at prices but just click 'buy'

I dont understand the scammers, or the ones that get scammed this way, but i guess they have a nice relationship together, feeding each other b:chuckle
    My caracters:
    Faith_z - 7x Cleric (main)
    HaveFaith_z - 5x Veno
    Ivory_Soul -3x Psychic

Dont give me an attitude, I got one of my own!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saitadatude FTW :P
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Sadly, the adage:

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

Is all to true. People ARE dumb enough to fall for it.

~Saitada
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Sadly, the adage:

~Saitada

Yup...this +1 and...

How many more threads do we need on this subject? It's been done to death already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Sadly, the adage:

~Saitada
    im betting 7 out of 10 pple dont count their cash register change b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yup, people really fall for it O_o

Still doesn't make the scammer any less of an **** for trying to pull it off though.
  • Foxymage - Harshlands
    Foxymage - Harshlands Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    its not aganist the rules and yes people do fall for it im 1 of those ppl who set up shop and put blemished for 5k and then the middle 1 is 50k and the i put common up for 14k and then the last 1 for 140k and yes i b so rich!
    -i was in the million dolla meetins he was cheatin. all up in the church, he was sneakin with the deacon. cats away while the mice will play lol smiley face have a nicer day. cuz pop pop po it goes my rubber band so stop stop stop sniffin that contraband. cuz you was penny pinchin my accounts laced attenion! about face.

~nicki minaj~
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    its not aganist the rules and yes people do fall for it im 1 of those ppl who set up shop and put blemished for 5k and then the middle 1 is 50k and the i put common up for 14k and then the last 1 for 140k and yes i b so rich!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

U C WUT EYE DEED THAR...?

b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010

I'm not even gonna bother flaming that, I'd only be getting trolled. -.-
    edited February 2010
    I'm not even gonna bother flaming that, I'd only be getting trolled. -.-

Don't even TRY to do my job.

b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited February 2010

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS TOAST)

toast.png

>.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    im betting 7 out of 10 pple dont count their cash register change b:chuckle

omgawd! cheapness/obsessive-compulsiveness has my parents count their change and stare at their receipts for 5min every time they finish paying...it's like that Sam's Club lady at the door doesn't even need to be there with those two double checking everything >.<
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • lymphocyte
    lymphocyte Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yes. I see this with gems too for the crazy stone daily. Four of the five gems are one regular price and then one is randomly about 218k. I wonder how many suckers they get. Or if they realize that there are other CSs next to them that are doing the same thing, but the gem THEY are inflating is different. So, I just click on them and get that extra one I need.

Does it really work guys? I believe most of us are paying attention to prices. I mean, since everything has gone up about 400%. It's not that difficult to watch the numbers.

:)

i dont fall for that bcuz i never carry that amount of money in my inventory haha
    edited February 2010
    omgawd! cheapness/obsessive-compulsiveness has my parents count their change and stare at their receipts for 5min every time they finish paying...it's like that Sam's Club lady at the door doesn't even need to be there with those two double checking everything >.<
    asians tend to do that... my little asian Q hamster >.> my mom too.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited February 2010
    toast.png

>.>

LOL WUT

b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LOL WUT

b:question

User was banned for this toast...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010

ಠ_ಠೊ

...NO.

b:scorn

Back on topic; yes, they do fall for it. No, I do not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Faith_z - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010

bitemetoast.jpg

edit: aww shoot i so suck, only wanted to post the 'bite me' toast
    My caracters:
    HaveFaith_z - 5x Veno
    Ivory_Soul -3x Psychic

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    My job is done here; off to the next thread.

b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Foxymage - Harshlands
    Foxymage - Harshlands Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    its not a scam its makeing moneyb:chuckle
    -i was in the million dolla meetins he was cheatin. all up in the church, he was sneakin with the deacon. cats away while the mice will play lol smiley face have a nicer day. cuz pop pop po it goes my rubber band so stop stop stop sniffin that contraband. cuz you was penny pinchin my accounts laced attenion! about face.

~nicki minaj~
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Someone sure is bored today, huh?

Anyhow, I honestly don't feel bad for those who get nailed by those scams. Paying some attention would be a nice idea, wouldn't it? For those icon scams PWI has some part to play in that, but the purposely mislabeled ones for higher coins to catch people not paying attention -- nobody else's fault at all but whoever falls for it.
  • Faith_z - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    lol @ foxy- ofcourse its a scam, you try to trick people by putting the middle item up for more money and hoping people are fooled by it. Unfortunately, some people are stupid enough to do so, but in the end you'll be the loser.
    People remember your name, tell others, every once and then you get lucky when a fool that hasnt heard yet buys your stuff is not going to make you rich.

Then again, i'd rather be poor and honest then rich and a scammer, its a choice
    My caracters:
    HaveFaith_z - 5x Veno
    Ivory_Soul -3x Psychic

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    what goes around, comes around is all i can say. That phrase didnt pop up from nowhere.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Foxy is lucky she decided to start this right after spoons left, otherwise she'd be banned by now b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    it be okie Aadi
    Foxy going to ragequit soon enough anyway so let me has me fun.
    :3
    b:chuckle
    she thinks 140k is alot of money
    Loooooooool~
    that be like.....about the cost of 1 day of BH and 1 crazy stone later on.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shade - Raging Tide
    Shade - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    My opinion on the subject is this: If you are stupid enough to fall for the scam you deserve to be scammed.
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    its not a scam its makeing moneyb:chuckle
    Not talking as if I were on a PvP server, but I wonder how far she'd get with that on one.... I predict ending up on a server-wide KoS list >_>;;; It's sad that people fall for it, but at the same time, I facepalm when the prices are so obvious. I refuse to do CS due to heightened prices anyway x.x
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver
    JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Well done on totaly destroying your ingame rep b:laugh
    It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have seen the same sorta trick before with catshops beside the crazy stone npc's but honestly....

More than a few times while looking in random catshops I have come across people selling tokens from coral packs... Fair enough, but I find it amazing when they have 1 token singled out and are trying to sell it for 4.5+million. And no, not a best token, a perfect token. I just assume they are hoping some blind fool isn't really paying attention and thinks they are getting a best token.. which I suppose is a perfect example of caveat emptor, but really...

I'm not sure what I find more amusing... that someone thinks they can get away with that and it will actually fool someone or the fact that that out there somewhere I bet someone has been fooled....

b:chuckleb:surrender

Hover is your BFF. Seriously. Saved my **** a few times, and the only way to make 100% sure you're NOT getting a different item. I remember someone advertising they were selling subs, but they were selling those healing orb apothecary items (way back anyways... may still be a common scam, iunno).

Note that I don't like scammers. But if you don't hover, especially in a game where item icons are used and reused, you're bound to get screwed.

But if people do it, it means it works. Sadly.

Therefore... HOVER, FOLKS!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver
    JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Not talking as if I were on a PvP server, but I wonder how far she'd get with that on one.... I predict ending up on a server-wide KoS list >_>;;; It's sad that people fall for it, but at the same time, I facepalm when the prices are so obvious. I refuse to do CS due to heightened prices anyway x.x

Ummmm why do ppl use these catshops for CS anyways?

Buying the shards from merchant then combining them at jewelscraftsman is cheaper with zero risk of being scammed.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.