end of the bm o.O

Comments

• Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    But its fun making these assumptions and dragging the topic on and on and on.

Skills have cool downs, chi reqs, mana reqs, etc so even if they did have skills to evade magic, they can do it forever.

There are ways for every class to "evade" the dmg from magic but cant do it for every cast. So all that evasion is pretty much useless.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Due to the prevalence of class related threads made in the General section, I will be moving all class specific threads to their respective forum section.b:victory
  • MootKitty - Sanctuary
    MootKitty - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    um the skill freakin turns u invisible... how can u not avoid dmg when no one can see u...?.

remember, your invisible, not jumping dimensions, your still friggin there!

just because they cant see you does NOT mean that that 40 ton 100x100 ft boulder falling from the sky is not gonna smush your friggin brains out

cant be targeted, AoE's dont need to target them, AoE hitting sins totally makes sense when i put it that way right? (see Boulder explanation)

Edit: sorry i saw this and was amazed at the misconception of invisibility and existence, i just had to correct this
    -_-*
    If no ones told you they love you today, thats probably cuz nobody does...

But its ok, i love you - MootKitty to Reader

Stealth... HA! Sins cant hold up any better than any other class against me in pvp, im blind :P
    (PVP ranking = Mariana Trench

ran outta stuff to put, gonna make a new siggy soon
  • MootKitty - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    actually belive it or not assasins have a skill that increases their chances of dodgeing debuff related skills and effects. so if someone tries to sleep an assasin, and they have that skill active it wont happen.
    wrong, there is a chance, or higher chance in some cases that it wont happen
    2ndly everyone keeps saying that sins will be vulnerable to aoe attacks. Forced stealth PREVENTS you from being target by an enemies. so even if someone came and aoe'd a target and a sin was close by they wont be hit.
    wrong again, prevents sin from being TARGETED, not damaged, your invisible, not invincible (see previous post for more info) Edit: looking at how big prevents WAS (made it small again, this post is on page...4 not page 4... page 5 *Facepalm* ? if you wanna see what i mean) makes it seem like prevents is the key word here. prevents is not the key word (well it is a key word) but targeting is the main key word here prevents targeting, not damage, this isnt that hard to understand, dont need to be targeted to be damaged, boss AoE's, not targeting you but when that lamp blows up in your lvl 29 wizards face for your FB29, it didnt target you but your still probably dead, unless your HA wizard... i have yet to see a sucessful one, pm me if... sorry rambling. but i cant make this any easier to understand
    As far as TW goes sins will most likely be used to take out soft targets like archers clerics mages and venos.
    Ill agree with you there, theyre also quick and at higher levels (just looked in combat stealth up{thoroughly}and you need lvl 29 culti so somewhere between 29 - 38), at this point you are allowed to use stealth during combat, they could most likely be a guerilla tactics unit in TW. think about it, if they can move in and out of stealth during combat, they could hit and run, also make for a great distraction for the wiz for a moment till the BM he didnt notice runs up and stunlocks him :P
    Edit: looking at the skillset for sins, with the speed boosts and especially the 10 sec no movement debuff skill aaaand the decent stun (although 2 sparks, lucky they can make that back quick :P), as well as the number of debuffs, sins could very well be pvp monsters... could, but it would take a skilled player to use them to their fullest extent

Also i'm not sure but i believe they also have a skill that debuffs an enemy, it's similar to purge. and the point of teh sin is to strike unnoticed. so most premptive measures to buff oneself b4 an attack(i.e. plumeshell) wont really apply. The only thing now to do is wait and see exactly how usefull or unsefull the new classes will be. None of use are 100% postive on how each skill will work in the game. However I am wondering if this will **** w/ the balance of things.
    Looked, Looked again... didnt see it

was mostly the invisible doesnt me invincible or nonexistant thing, figured i would add in a little more after the fact

Edit: personally, im gonna roll a Psychic (those of you who have spelled this right please raise your hands, ive seen some horrid misspellings... some were on youtube Pyhcyic... WTH is this, look it up on youtube, though i left the person a comment... "wow, spelling error much, and is your 'S' key missing")
    and a Sin, and see what comes out of it, though i think its gonna be the Psychic in the end, at least for these two classes...

...soooo... im gonna Shut the hell up, i ramble toooo much

PS: i really wanna know if you've seen any "sucessful" Heavy Armor Wizzys on Sanctuary, PM me if you do, wanna ask them how its working for them, might get bored and make one lol

Stealth... HA! Sins cant hold up any better than any other class against me in pvp, im blind :P

• SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Sins are squishy.

^This.

All sin's are just close ranged archers so in a PvP fight with on facing a BM all the BM needs to do is to stun the sin and then hes dead.

Also sin's cant tank like BM's. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Daizengar - Sanctuary
    Daizengar - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    zerk spear too...******n that farstrike b:sad

I guess you remember those times I hit you with Farstrike, Qui? Well, don't worry, the moment I can equip my zerk polearm, you're the first target I'll be using Sage Farstrike on b:laugh
  • Aquarian - Lost City
    Aquarian - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    remember, your invisible, not jumping dimensions, your still friggin there!

just because they cant see you does NOT mean that that 40 ton 100x100 ft boulder falling from the sky is not gonna smush your friggin brains out

cant be targeted, AoE's dont need to target them, AoE hitting sins totally makes sense when i put it that way right? (see Boulder explanation)

Edit: sorry i saw this and was amazed at the misconception of invisibility and existence, i just had to correct this
    -_-*

b:laugh lols ur funny!!! just had 2 say! boulders lamo

since invisiblity does not mean invunerablity i would think this factor alone would give BMs an edge agains sins... o.o i mean, we are kinda the aoe gods of pw-if u goe axes-and all you would have to do is dragons within 12 meters of a hidden sin to kill it one shot.... o.o wow i foresee alota accidental aoe deaths in the near future....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:cool Im so awsome they named a poleaxe after me XD
  • KuZii - Harshlands
    KuZii - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    A sin is like a fist bm who is retarted and doesnt wear heavy armour, and then you take away about 3/4ths of what makes a bm and theres your sin.
  • Pervs - Lost City
    Pervs - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Assassins have a seal and freeze skill depending on how long those last will determine if they're broken or not. Sleep, Triple Spark, Seal. GG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    sins and psycics will make like hell on vit builds and non multipath bms

as for me?

2 skill bars full of skills from four different weapon trees

im shure theres somthing in there usefullb:chuckle

i see sins n psy's being fun to party with and to party wipe in pvp and while i plan to stick with my bm i do look forward to the expansion

also...bms make bad DD's? *points at fist tree* theres the highest DPS in the game + spaming 2 spark skills

swords great defensive weapon and myriad is just wonderfull

spears aoe knockback the ability to stack bleeds (will annoy the hell outa sins) and a ranged strike that is just wonderfull

axes have the stronges amp in game and crazy aoe ability

bm is the most versitile class in pwi...so what if new ones come out?

we'll still be swiss army knives of death
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Combo for 'sin I'm looking at, is triple spark out of range, 35 m teleport to target + stun after getting 1+ chi, attack that boosts crit chance, immobilise attack adding chi, interrupt, immune to move debuffs, pummel. This is with the crit damage boost and attack level boost already running.

Mostly, it just looks like it will be fun comboing as much junk to stack together in as short an interval as possible, seems like the idea behind the assassin. And they have that very handy invis getaway, just make sure you get a target to yourself without mobs around you, easier in air. Because without something else to target near you, AoE won't do much good. And DB alone won't really cut it.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • McTavish - Dreamweaver
    McTavish - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    They remind me somewhat of another class in an MMO. There was a major advantage to using that class but it was really hard to level up because
    1. They are squishy and did next to no damage;
    2. because of the previous fact, they didn't get into many parties.

I think the same will happen with the sin. They might turn out to be a "specialty" class.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    What should be sweet, is an assassin buff on the blademaster in rebirth. AoE'ing that many mobs non-stop, with the attack aura and defense auras, should make for some really sweet healing; full health after each one early on :)
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

• Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    :/ in the end honestly, it's all going to come down to the player and how well they play their class. Any class can have noob and pro players so when the assassin and psychic classes come along, I'm not changing my build, I may play one to figure out their strengths and weaknesses but I will stay a bm for my main.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • MootKitty - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    bm is the most versitile class in pwi...so what if new ones come out?

we'll still be swiss army knives of death

Agreed, completely

Swiss army knives though... more like a WOMD Vault

• Zelinity - Lost City
    Zelinity - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    the bad bms that dont know how to play their class will die, the skilled ones that know what their doing will be just fine. Also goes for the sins. The sins will require lots of skill to play, the unskilled ones will be easy kills, the ones that know what there doin are the ones you will need to watch out for ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And when you turn you around, you see yourself on the ground.
    And for the first time, no one cares just who you really are.
  • tessran
    tessran Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    BM's have a 60% physical defense buff as a barb i would prefer to have a BM in my party cuz of better tanking
  • D_warrior - Lost City
    D_warrior - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    you can force into stealth as long as u want and deal dmg on somone(MP charm ftw). also sins can avoid 1 deadly blow if aoe gets to be to much. and we cant forget someone out there will give their sins 6k HP unbuffed someway some how b:surrender

Every1 is comparing how squishy a Sin is to an archer.. why becuz or Light Armor right ??

well you hav got it wrong.. All these squishy archers are pure dex right?? and sharded and refined to hav about 6 - 8k hp at 9x

we'll you dont know how much hp sin gets per lvl or per vit so adding a bit of vit cud work e.d 1 vit,1 str,3 dex per lvl instead of 1 str 4 dex per lvl like archer

for all you know they cud hav just as much hp as bm their lvl..

Also correct me if im wrong but doesnt the amount of str and vit and such effect you defences aswell ? you dont kno how much def they gain per stat..

You just need to wait and see and decide after they r released and as sombody else said, they need prove them selves...
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Every1 is comparing how squishy a Sin is to an archer.. why becuz or Light Armor right ??

well you hav got it wrong.. All these squishy archers are pure dex right?? and sharded and refined to hav about 6 - 8k hp at 9x

we'll you dont know how much hp sin gets per lvl or per vit so adding a bit of vit cud work e.d 1 vit,1 str,3 dex per lvl instead of 1 str 4 dex per lvl like archer

for all you know they cud hav just as much hp as bm their lvl..

Also correct me if im wrong but doesnt the amount of str and vit and such effect you defences aswell ? you dont kno how much def they gain per stat..

You just need to wait and see and decide after they r released and as sombody else said, they need prove them selves...

The stats will not have that great an influence, unless someone takes away from the assassin damage to do it; ruining the point of making one.

They say assassin is squishy because an archer attacks from the farthest range in game, and the assassin is melee range. Archer can kite, assassin can't. Admittedly the assassin does have skill to help in that, but it is why two of the same armors do not have the same survivability.

• D_warrior - Lost City
    D_warrior - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The stats will not have that great an influence, unless someone takes away from the assassin damage to do it; ruining the point of making one.

They say assassin is squishy because an archer attacks from the farthest range in game, and the assassin is melee range. Archer can kite, assassin can't. Admittedly the assassin does have skill to help in that, but it is why two of the same armors do not have the same survivability.

True Sin cant kite but sin has skills to dodge skill effect ? dodge incoming damage ? to stun ? Sleep ? usin all these wisely and u can b bad ****...
    stun target rip them down,sleep > debuff > powerful attack or Spark > attack

sins cant kite but they hav things to replace it
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    People are also thinking in regards to TW and normal open PvP, which is rarely 1 v 1. The 'sin will need to choose which protections to use, as there are 2 sets that each share a cooldown; so they can have one at the cost of not being able to use the other. Getting that down will take skill and awareness, and they will likely be high priority targets for a while when they get higher up there. And once the 'sin teleports in, they will quickly be targeted by casters around them to nuke them before they get their kill combo off. This is going to be where the LA part is a hinderance mainly. 1 v 1 they shouldn't have too much of a problem, unless they mess something up pretty bad.

• Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    after checking out all of the sin skills posted in korrens thread i'm getting a bit nervous as a BM b:shocked.

Reasons to be scared:
    sins can gain up 200 chi w/ 2 skills
    sins can go instantly into stealth and avoid dmg
    sins have a buff that gives them health each time they attack (party wide)
    sins instantly teleport to target (offesnive and defensive moves)
    sins have a skill that is an amp and requires 2 sparks and stacks w/ heavens flame b:cry
    sins can sleep target, stun target, and freeze target

So o.O as a BM
    BM has to use pots and several skills to gain chi(marrows)
    BM dont gain health when they attack
    BM can stun target
    BM can AoE grind like crazy

So can someone remind me why i should stay BM and not be forced to rerollb:surrender

BM is strognest character endgame. sins will be hard to level, they cant stunlock(even if they have a faking long stun for 2 fury), and they will be squishy.

BM have high hp with ridicoulusly high pdef and mdef(10k+ each), with the ability to stunlock(nearly 100% chance for 27-33 second), have ability to purge, do highest dps in game, and to survive nearly anything.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Endrnz - Dreamweaver
    Endrnz - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    after checking out all of the sin skills posted in korrens thread i'm getting a bit nervous as a BM b:shocked.

Reasons to be scared:
    sins can gain up 200 chi w/ 2 skills
    sins can go instantly into stealth and avoid dmg
    sins have a buff that gives them health each time they attack (party wide)
    sins instantly teleport to target (offesnive and defensive moves)
    sins have a skill that is an amp and requires 2 sparks and stacks w/ heavens flame b:cry
    sins can sleep target, stun target, and freeze target

So o.O as a BM
    BM has to use pots and several skills to gain chi(marrows)
    BM dont gain health when they attack
    BM can stun target
    BM can AoE grind like crazy

So can someone remind me why i should stay BM and not be forced to rerollb:surrender

Hmm, this is somewhat of a late response considering I am posting a month after they came out but........

heres why you should NOT REROLL

-BMs got multi weapon path, is you are a skilled BM you can exploit this
    -CRAZY higher P/M def
    -HA looks better then LA (opinion...don't be stupid and argue this) -_-
    -More functionality in squad...can take on roll of DD/tank
    -Assuming they will wear light armour (they will take as much damage as archer)
    -The HP regain/hit skill...well I think it won't be that useful (DEFINITELY not replacing HP pots seeing as how much damage they will take), if it is well still you get it also when you are in squad
    -possibly one of the coolest looking skills in game (Heaven's Flame), also I love how Highland Cleave looks lol
    -Do not look like ugly fish people/no hump when we stand
  • Endrnz - Dreamweaver
    Endrnz - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    BM is strognest character endgame. sins will be hard to level, they cant stunlock(even if they have a faking long stun for 2 fury), and they will be squishy.

BM have high hp with ridicoulusly high pdef and mdef(10k+ each), with the ability to stunlock(nearly 100% chance for 27-33 second), have ability to purge, do highest dps in game, and to survive nearly anything.

Hmm, my apologies for double post...............but sin has higest DPS in game considering they have a MUCH higher natural crit rate + crit from gear, and also they can reach the same Attack speed as BM.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hmm, my apologies for double post...............but sin has higest DPS in game considering they have a MUCH higher natural crit rate + crit from gear, and also they can reach the same Attack speed as BM.

TELL ME WHY...you have REGIONAL necro, MINDGAMES, LIKE A CHAMPION, GOOD SIR!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • FingerBlade - Harshlands
    FingerBlade - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    About a pvp bm ws sin

well bm have HA, sin have LA, that is a huge different.
    but also, i'm not sure about this but i think sin will do more dps then a fist bm, just because of they extra crit.

then the armor: bm have much higer phy def and they got more hp from each vit point then sin does, so it make the pvp more balance, but then the skills will make some different, well i dont know much about sin skills so i can judge about it

And about the squad play, sin will maybe auto dd a fist bm for a little bit but thats it!, they would not be available to tank if the somethink happen, and also bm have more then one weapon, like great aoe and stun that make them very good saveing some time for the cleric to res the dead ppl or to be 2nd tanker, and thay have also very good range skil that can also save the robe users from getting killed from walkers, also very good aoe to get aggro from more then one monster!
    well if bm know how to play thers class, aoe, stun, range, dps they would on my options make a bigger rule in spuad, even if they just use one weapon, (they would then been good useing that weapon at lest xD)

butt well as i say i dont know much about the sin skill, they have to prove themself and thay'r time will come when we can judge for realb:thanks
  • Kaizona - Harshlands
    Kaizona - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Also, I am sure the ability to go into stealth during a fight it will be a level 89 skill.

Sins can go stealth in battle in the 2x levels.
    Appliance perfect world.

Death refridgerator vs dark oven.Who will win?
    Death refridgerator takes 902134 damage.
    PWND.
  • wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010

they can ALMOST reach the same speed, but they wont. also, necro thread much?

anyways, havnt met a sin that can beat my bm yet. immunity to movement debuffs+ glacial spike.

then again. glacial spike 1 shots la and aa 95% of time anyways.
  • Naproxen - Dreamweaver
    Naproxen - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Sins are squishy.

^^This.

Since I built my assassin, I've actually appreciated playing my BM a lot more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    -Do not look like ugly fish people/no hump when we stand

I kind of like the female version of hump...
    Makes them look sexy in a way than simply standing straight...and more up to date on style.

The male version can just go to hell though. <3