end of the bm o.O

Legendadry - Harshlands
Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Blademaster
after checking out all of the sin skills posted in korrens thread i'm getting a bit nervous as a BM b:shocked.

Reasons to be scared:
sins can gain up 200 chi w/ 2 skills
sins can go instantly into stealth and avoid dmg
sins have a buff that gives them health each time they attack (party wide)
sins instantly teleport to target (offesnive and defensive moves)
sins have a skill that is an amp and requires 2 sparks and stacks w/ heavens flame b:cry
sins can sleep target, stun target, and freeze target

So o.O as a BM
BM has to use pots and several skills to gain chi(marrows)
BM dont gain health when they attack
BM can stun target
BM can AoE grind like crazy

So can someone remind me why i should stay BM and not be forced to rerollb:surrender
I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
Post edited by Legendadry - Harshlands on

Comments

• DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Sins are squishy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    after checking out all of the sin skills posted in korrens thread i'm getting a bit nervous as a BM b:shocked.

Reasons to be scared:
    sins can gain up 200 chi w/ 2 skills
    sins can go instantly into stealth and avoid dmg
    sins instantly teleport to target (offesnive and defensive moves)
    sins have a skill that is an amp and requires 2 sparks and stacks w/ heavens flame b:cry
    sins can sleep target, stun target, and freeze target

So o.O as a BM
    BM has to use pots and several skills to gain chi(marrows)
    BM dont gain health when they attack
    BM can stun target
    BM can AoE grind like crazy

So can someone remind me why i should stay BM and not be forced to rerollb:surrender

Besides the fact that sins will not be able to fly using a sword?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Sins are squishy.

^this...
    and....Bonus beans.
    b:chuckle

also does AOE attacks hurt sins?
    just go run up to the sin's friend and aoe lol...
    would be funny as heck if you drop down 3 sins with just heaven's flame and that twirly fire aoe.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TruffleLove - Heavens Tear
    TruffleLove - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Sins are squishy.
    Curse you beat me too it. Sins are designed to be LA are they not? b:chuckle
    BMs have always been under appreciated for their talents imo.
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    okay maybe u all missed it.......................

"sins can instantly go into stealth mode to aviod damage."

u can be as a fragile as an egg it does not matter. i can see where BM's would be needed for FC and GV over a sin but beyond that i bet ppl would take a sin over a BM.

so saying their squishy doenst make sense lol. as long as they have mp they can live. they are w/out a doubt mages w/ knives.
  • razad
    razad Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    true.. sins are squishy, and since they are LA and are close combat fighters...maybe they get more hp per lvl than a BM? that'd be cool....for ppl rolling a sin that is...
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009

u can be as a fragile as an egg it does not matter. i can see where BM's would be needed for FC and GV over a sin but beyond that i bet ppl would take a sin over a BM.

so saying their squishy doenst make sense lol. as long as they have mp they can live. they are w/out a doubt mages w/ knives.

however, having a member in your party that can live, but cannot deal any damage if he wants to do that since you cannot be in stealth and deal damage is not very useful.... Also, I am sure the ability to go into stealth during a fight it will be a level 89 skill, since the little information we have stated that they can only into stealth when not fighting, and only more advantaced ones will be able to go into stealth while fighitng.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Post the official source post, and I'll believe. All I know about that skill is that is avoids mob aggro.

SAUCE OR GTFO!

b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited December 2009
    that thread ftw. just scroll down to assissin skills. its in the 1st page of thepost.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=466152
    edited December 2009
    that thread ftw. just scroll down to assissin skills. its in the 1st page of thepost.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=466152

Ah. Yep, you're a goner. Bye-bye!

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited December 2009
    Post the official source post, and I'll believe. All I know about that skill is that is avoids mob aggro.

SAUCE OR GTFO!

b:angry
    Ah. Yep, you're a goner. Bye-bye!

b:cry
    time to cash shop my sin i guesss =/
    edited December 2009

Perhaps...I guess I'm in a similar boat with you, when it comes to the whole Wizard/Psychic stuff...ah, well. I'm not gonna pay it any mind. You should do the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Alacol - Sanctuary
    Alacol - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    From Korren's thread, it looks like you only need to be level 29 to go into stealth during combat.
    Force into stealth
    Range self
    Mana 100
    Channel 0.7second
    Cast 2.8second
    CoolDown 90.0second
    Weapon dagger
    Require Cultivation lv29

Skill Description

force into stealth in a battle.all whos anti-s lvl lower than u cant taget on u.in stealth mode,it costs some mana per

seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Switching over to Dreamweaver. See you Dreamweavers soon.
  • Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver
    Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    also does AOE attacks hurt sins?
    just go run up to the sin's friend and aoe lol...
    would be funny as heck if you drop down 3 sins with just heaven's flame and that twirly fire aoe.

In another MMO i tried we had sins, who also had stealth, didn't look beautyful when someone aoed a near by targetb:laugh should work here too ... i hope
    Dreamsweavers GhostDogz are looking for you to join the pack =). We are still small but are growing into a fun, friendly and helpful fact. We value that our lower lvls also get the experience they need for their class, so we get some awsome ppl =). all we ask of u is to be okay active (not has to be on 7days a week, 1 is enough) and to bring ur good mood =3 cya ingame!

Pm:
    Sinalee
    SSillver
    Sedochlup
    AnnaKantara
    Ulnar
    Keyla (USA)
    All but Keyla from Europ, and all l=low cast L ()^.^()
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    Alantor - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    No matter how you look at it, game programmers will not "invent" a new class that just replaces another popular class.

Sins will have different skills, but those skills will not just replace a bm in any way. Sins will be an addition to the game, not a replacement. And this goes for phys as well.

I'd rather have a BM doing dmg, then a sin going stealth to avoid dmg in a party.

Sins and psys have to prove their worth before they will get into any good parties. If they don't, it's bye bye to them.

I don't see the bm's going out the door that soon, lol
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    Alantor - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    In another MMO i tried we had sins, who also had stealth, didn't look beautyful when someone aoed a near by targetb:laugh should work here too ... i hope

Yep. In my previous mmo the sins went stealth. Drop an Aoe (from mages) and they were sooo dead. They were good in pvp to sneak up on squishy chars, but they died more ofthen then any other class out there.

..double posting...didn't see Seika's reply.
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    a sin going in and out of stealth after every shot trying to kill a mob would be sooo fail
    b:laugh
    anyway, dont mobs heal and go back to their spawn point when they lose their target? and when a sin goes into stealth we lose our target right?.......
    b:shocked
    and i dont think sins will be able to take the hits fighting at melee range
    and i dont think bms will be replaced dfue to our 15 sec stunlock, many aoes, countless debuffs from ultis and such, VERY high dps from fists (help to hold agro) and ability to hold a boss till tank gets ressed if he goes down.
    I'd love to see an assasin in LA get 1 shot trying to hold a boss.
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Just wait a couple of freaking days and then see. Seriously, I'm sick of these threads.Venos are being replaced QQ.BMs are being replaced QQ. Barbarians arent needed QQ. No more need for archers QQ. Wizards are being replaced QQ. Seriously, according to all these posts, the only class not being replaced is clerics. Just wait and see before complaining.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Cooldown: 90 seconds.

nuff said, not OP, kinda useless rly.

Only works when ur higher lvl than opponent? rofl, u will be ganked and ganked and ganked until ur 80+ atleast.

Sins wont replace anything, they'll be squishy close range DD that will require skill to use, especially if their spike damage steals aggro alot. Plus bosses with big close-range AoE's = death to sins.

I think they will be rewarding but tricky to use.
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I wouldn't as you are just thinking of this don't forget about balancing as they will have lighter armour than you.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009

b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yeah it is OPb:sad
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • ssilly
    ssilly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    No matter hw many classes cme , i still like the BM's for their ability to use 4 weapon paths ... & multiple tasks & smexy look b:cute
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    LA is not that squishy. Squishier, yes...but harder to squash with spells than a BM and physical defense wouldn't be too bad. As everyone's said before BM's are not tanks, therefore bm's being better tankers than an assassin is hardly a huge bonus.

Basically an assassin seems to be what a BM should have been in the first place. Fast high-damage melee. 90% of the time bm's are trying to fill the DD role and it's something they're just not amazing at, not bad either but purely average. I'll be rolling a sin myself and if after trying it myself I find it to suit me better than a BM, then I'll go for it. No point gluing yourself to one class and defending it to the death when you could simply move on to a better.

9x is really not hard to attain anymore. Levels mean nothing in this game when a small investment in oracles can send you flying up in level. On top of that BH and the old CS/WQ knock massive chunks off exp required.

So I'll be leaving myself open minded and giving it a try. If, after everything I find sin's to fail....I still have an 87 BM to move back to, so no loss really tbh.
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2009

A sin skill that stacks with a BM skill ..... OMG Bm's are doomed

Wait !!!

And which pray tell class will that stacking HF be coming from ?

IMO Sins will be great as a PvP class and DD, but they will not be able to fill the tank/off-tank role of a BM.

But hey if they do who care's, i run FF/TT's etc in Faction, so I have no problems getting a spot in a squad
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    IMO Sins will be great as a PvP class and DD, but they will not be able to fill the tank/off-tank role of a BM.

We aren't tanks.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    We aren't tanks.

i had a BM tanking pyro >.< was kinda...uh....yea... <.< ...yesh
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cruorflamma - Dreamweaver
    Cruorflamma - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you can't beat them.... Bring all your gildies and friends to kill them.

Also i don't think sins have a form of aoe stun?
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    i had a BM tanking pyro >.< was kinda...uh....yea... <.< ...yesh

Oh, we CAN tank fine, but we aren't built for it. Heck any class can tank really if you bung them in HA and add a ton of HP. Barbs can DD too, doesn't make them a DD class.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Oh, we CAN tank fine, but we aren't built for it. Heck any class can tank really if you bung them in HA and add a ton of HP. Barbs can DD too, doesn't make them a DD class.
    HA cleric pwn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks