Which BH system would you prefer

Options
_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
So, new BH has been here a while and obviously everyone has their likes and dislikes about it. The question here is, which system of BH would you prefer and think would be best for the game and the community. To be honest I think it needs a lot of work, but posting in suggestions would be posting my own biased opinion, so I want to see what the community thinks first.

So, do the poll and post an opinion if you like.
Post edited by _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Simple, BH as it should've been from the start: 1 per day. Sadly it escalate from fail coding (some people getting 2 within a small time period after server reset) to sequences of 3+1 runs. Now the game is all about BH, on which most of the players are already tired after spending up to 2h doing it a day and not doing anything else, making BH the sole purpose of them logging in.

1 BH a day is by far the best system there is. Some people will say "but u dont have to do it". You're right, nobody does, but the fact is people do and there isnt a single time of day when i msg ppl for whatever, most of them answer "busy doing BH" or half the people in faction asking the higher lvs to 'help' (i.e. 'do it for') them as they're unwilling to call ppl their own lv range.

BH nowadays has become a burden and a way to make you forget that PWE isnt doing anything real to make the game interesting. Its nice and all getting fast exp, but its all this game has become: rush lvs, cash shop for gear, quit out of boredome.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I liked the old system. I would always save up 2 bosses or so, say pole/nob. Do it in 1 run, no fuss about people taking forever to hand in/etc.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yeah BH shoulda stayed a once-a-day daily quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • lymphocyte
    lymphocyte Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i like the BH system the way it is now
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Get rid of it or 1 BH every even day and increase xp and rep for doing FBs.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • ActiveVeno - Harshlands
    ActiveVeno - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hm... but with new BH you can also do one BH per day. Someone force you to do BH2 and BH3? Wanna one per day - do one. Wanna collect bosses - collect it.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hm... but with new BH you can also do one BH per day. Someone force you to do BH2 and BH3? Wanna one per day - do one. Wanna collect bosses - collect it.

Even if you choose not to do it to have more time for other things, others may not. Say you want to do a frost run, so you only do one of your BHs, then you PM the tank. The tank replies, "Sorry, in BH"...for hours. Especially if the chain is Gaurnob > Pyro > Brig...waste of wines not to go back and kill Pole, then rude to leave after Brig and not help with the rest of the BH....

Even if you choose to lessen your dailies, it makes it hard to find other people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I voted abolish, because that was the closest to my real thoughts on the matter:

I think BHs for anyone below 80 (or maybe even 90) should be abolished, and 90+ would only get 1 a day. Those mid levels were a prime time for grinding imo--you had quests that could cover a good bit, and when you went out to grind you could actually see your % exp moving for each mob you kill. (Now, I have to kill many mobs to get it to go up 0.1%). Those dailies are really not needed.

As a side note, having all of these mid level players asking for constant high lvl help on 3 bhs take a lot of time out of those high lvl players' schedules.

Bottom line: cut the amount of dailies that mid level player can do; the long term ramifications of having all of them do dailies leads to money shortage, huge time drains, and a "rushing" feeling to get everything done ASAP.
  • Tayrin - Lost City
    Tayrin - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    By the way, you can get all three at once every day if you rig it right.

Day 1) Do BH #1, do not turn it in.
    Day 2) Turn in BH #1 from yesterday, get token, get BH #2. Also get BH #1 for day 2. Do NOT turn in either of them.
    Day 3) Turn in BH #1 & #2 from yesterday, get tokens and get BH #2 & #3. Also get BH #1 for day 3. Now you have all 3. Do NOT turn in #1 or #2, only turn in #3.

Day 4+) Do exactly what you did on day 3.

Only downside is missing a couple BHs from day 1 & 2, but every day after that, you can pick up all 3 BHs at once and not have to run back. Just make sure you don't turn in #1 and #2 until the NEXT day.

b:victory
  • Xeiren - Heavens Tear
    Xeiren - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Day 2) Turn in BH #1 from yesterday, get token, get BH #2. Also get BH #1 for day 2. Do NOT turn in either of them.
    Day 3) Turn in BH #1 & #2 from yesterday, get tokens and get BH #2 & #3. Also get BH #1 for day 3. Now you have all 3. Do NOT turn in #1 or #2, only turn in #3.

Only downside is missing a couple BHs from day 1 & 2, but every day after that, you can pick up all 3 BHs at once and not have to run back. Just make sure you don't turn in #1 and #2 until the NEXT day.

Yeah, this is what I started doing. Though I still prefer the old system b/c not everyone does this. Even if everyone does this, I still prefer the old system b/c 50 socket stones is better than 8 ultimate substances imo.
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I still prefer the old system b/c 50 socket stones is better than 8 ultimate substances imo.

Sadly I would say we have lost socket stones forever no matter what the system.
    Some top brass noticed they were giving CS items away for free and stopped it.
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I was fond of the old BH system. I hate the fact that so many people leave the instance after one boss and fly back to pick up their next BH. I admit I'm one of them when people in my squad are doing it but it makes the process much longer and annoying. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • _Inferno - Sanctuary
    _Inferno - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I miss the old BH system! b:cry

We could do all 3 BH's at once and turn it in and get like 50% exp b:victory

I leveled from 50-60 in like a week from the old BH system. Now I spend like the whole day doing 1 BH set, plus the EXP is kinda less than the old one...
    Characters:
    _Inferno 101 Arcane Sage Crit Wizard b:cool
    magnumcroft 8x Fist/Axe Blademaster b:laugh

youtube.com/magnumcroft
    ^Sanctuary's TW vids yo!
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options

The main downside is not everyone does this. In other words, even if you have all 3 bh69 bosses at once, at least a few people in your squad wont and will have to go back and forth, meaning same amount of time taken.
    i like the BH system the way it is now

So, if someone offered you the ability to take all 3 bh's at once, you'd turn them down because you'd prefer running back and forth?
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The old one. 1BH a day.
    And it just isnt about yourself, yes you can just do 1 BH a day and ignore the other two, but what about your squad? Nothing is stopping them from runnning out of the dungeon after each boss while you wait there=same amount of time wasted as you would have wasted while flyin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Jibreel - Harshlands
    Jibreel - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    running back and forth is boring -.-
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^ +1

I like the uber EXP (which can be bad, but makes the game much less of a grind = less boring), hate the bounty orders & running back and forth.

How about a compromise? b:surrender

2 BH a day.
    1 BH = changes with the clock (on a 24 hour basis)
    1 BH = changes with mob change (change this 12 hours after day resets)

i.e. at midnight server time, day resets so you can get your 1st BH of the day.
    12 hours later, at noon server time, boss changes so you can get your 2nd BH of the day.

Pick both up, then do both in one run. No stupid bounty orders, you can save your BHs for another day without losing any (unless new BH = same boss) if you don't have time to do it, and no more running back and forth to hand one in to get the next.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Stick head hunter in all fb/dungeons. That swordsman dude probably gets lonely in there.
  • Shilizious - Heavens Tear
    Shilizious - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I miss the old BH system! b:cry

We could do all 3 BH's at once and turn it in and get like 50% exp b:victory

I leveled from 50-60 in like a week from the old BH system. Now I spend like the whole day doing 1 BH set, plus the EXP is kinda less than the old one...

uhm no, you have far more xp now :)

how it was:
    1 BH: 200k xp, sometimes a 2nd for another 200k (SOMETIMES!)
    now
    3 BH: 500k xp, always
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    make it 1 bh again

people may say you dont have to do your bhs but its kinda rude to say after the first bh boss sry guys im only doing the first bh well this only goes if the second bh is in the same instance if its lets say nob>pyro>brig
    its not to uncommon to skip brig but when you stop after nob it would be seen as rude and in this way we still get forced to do more then 1 bh
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I really hate this new system. I tried the running back and forth thing once and I don't think I'll do it again. I liked the old system better because it's a little less of a hassle and time-consuming. I am now working on full-time at job and I certainly do not have time nor patience to wait on people to collect their **** and come back, rinse and repeat...too tired for that...

So now? I still collect it...but I'm not doing a BH run. I'll just kill the bosses when I'm doing a FB, thanks.

Edit: After reading a few things, too, which I forgot to mention- I do like the idea of only holding one per day...and would rather they don't stack. I hate that my friends are always saying, "Oh, sorry, in a BH" or they're on the verge of quitting because all they have time for in-game is BH (And yeah, they don't HAVE to do it but what else is there to do when you're 100+ besides TT, grinding, or whatever?). Either that or get rid of it. =| I want my friends back, dammit, lol.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Get rid of it. Now the only players who have money in game are the major cash shoppers and the merchanters who have their systems from years of mmoing. BH eliminated the need to grind... and it's rare to fly over butterflies, fishies or clams and actually see someone grinding. If on the chance you do see someone there, it's usually for a quest.

The rush to level you quickly satisfies the need to eliminate boredom, yes, but it also serves pwi in that you don't make enough coin to purchase in-game and cash shop items without having to spend real money.

The quicker you level, the less time you have to farm, the more likely you're gonna say, hey I can spend $20 and get 10m coin and get so much done with it isn't a benefit to you as much as you think it is.

BTW, It's been less than two months and there are already upper 8x tideborns who have done nothing but dalies and public quests... that's kind of sick.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Dice_i - Sanctuary
    Dice_i - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The bh XP is exaggerated. I agree it's a nice thing to do, molds started to appear and got cheaper. But 3 a day is too much (at least at current XP reward) and going back and forth is annoying. Also half of Archo on Sanctuary is reduced to wine and mats catshops - a loss.

Conclusion again: too expensive, too much time invested, too much XP making it a "must-do" on a daily basis. You can just as well erase all other quests, you put time and effort in to translate and enable, because bhs are just ecplising those. Ex: used the passing "X9 level" trick yesterday to level my barb from 59 to 62 in a day having 6 BHs. I think that is too fast. Really, wth?

Edit:Ah yes forgot to add, new bhs and dropping out of squad put a lot more pressure between players. Clerics, Barbs keep getting blamed (all faction members state that), tideborn are still dragging agro like crazy etc. <=> also my blacklist entries increased exponentially after the new 3 bh system.
    And another thought, reducing wine price to only 1 wine needed for the wine dude might also help a lot.
  • Foxymage - Harshlands
    Foxymage - Harshlands Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

ive had 4 bhs before....
    -i was in the million dolla meetins he was cheatin. all up in the church, he was sneakin with the deacon. cats away while the mice will play lol smiley face have a nicer day. cuz pop pop po it goes my rubber band so stop stop stop sniffin that contraband. cuz you was penny pinchin my accounts laced attenion! about face.

~nicki minaj~
  • dfan
    dfan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i, like most ppl, like the new bh because of the exp. But the whole back and forth thing is tiresome. What i would consider is:

a) get bh1 only from head hunter in archo, and have a mini-head hunter in each instance to turn in and get bh2 & 3, rather than flying/teleing back out.

or

b)make it to where bh is automatically rewarded once the boss is killed, and the next bh is automatically uploaded into your quest log.
  • LadyVimes - Sanctuary
    LadyVimes - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I would like it if when you turn in a bh you get the same boss at the next level so Gaurnob 1 always gives you Gaurnob 2 etc.

What happens at the moment is that most of the time you cash in and get nothing as the next one so a waste of time.

I like the idea of a minin Headhunter in each Fb though.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    While I get the new BH system, and it's cool maneuvering around to make sure, in the 90s, that Hooli's door is open in case you get Stygean 2nd or 3rd, before wining, as one example, it really complicates things for most players and is an added pain in the **** (not to mention for the 80s an added cost in wines) to what I thought was a rather simple thing of killing a boss. I preferred the one where you can grab multiples in a day opposed to the (current) sequential ones.
  • Lunk_Warleg - Sanctuary
    Lunk_Warleg - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It is funny how best part of the discussion people agree that 1 BH is best, but the pole shows an increased interest in getting 3 BHs per day (at once).

Some threads were open from time to time, so I will keep this simple : 1 BH per day. My opinion and no comment about it for now but the answer is fairly obvious and easy to understand for any authentic PW player - especially the ones that play this game before any BH event was even implemented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I wonder who the 5 ppl who like running back and forth are? O.o
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have mixed feelings about the system. When I first rolled my BM, it seemed like it took forever to get to lvl 60. When I got to lvl 70 after few months I was really happy and proud and felt like a high level. Then again it took forever to get to lvl 80's and to 90's. I did all the quests right after getting them, I grinded at least once per day, and finished the day with a nice little BH with friends and faction mates. Through all that time I became real fond of my BM and it felt really good.

Now when I roll a new character I would just feel "meh" because there is no need to do quests and grind anymore. I would level with dailies and the quest list just keeps on piling up and I just don't have the incentive to spend the time with that said character.

I've seen new faction members reach lvl 70 in matter of a month. That's 1/3 of the time it took me to reach there and it just doesn't seem like reaching lvl 70 is an accomplishment anymore.

Yes, I'm a competitive player and I like the exp, but that's in exchange with the sense of accomplishment which is what drives me to level faster. Kind of ironic I guess.

Edit: For the record I'm in favor of old BH. Candy once in a while is nice. Too many in a day and you'd just get sick of it.