Psycics verses Wizards

SavageSin - Harshlands
SavageSin - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Psychic
I've been wondering which class to start with...Which class is better in the long run for solo and partying? And which class is the best DD?
Post edited by SavageSin - Harshlands on

Comments

• Confound - Harshlands
    Confound - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I really don't like psychic vs wizard threads. We are both awesome magic classes. We both have our good and bad.

To be perfectly honest, wizards are probably better overall at the moment. Better nukes and increased phys defense. On our side though we have freeze, stun etc.

Well back on topic, if you want a solid and well established DD class, go wizard. You really can't go wrong. It's the best 'end game' class at the moment.

If you're willing to take a risk, go for psychic. I honestly still don't know enough to give a definitive answer between the two.

P.S. I have both 70+ wiz and psychic.
  • Amathifades - Sanctuary
    Amathifades - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    well i never liked the wiz's spells they have a long channel time but they are powerful, a psy is faster but usually lower defense, its kind of a toss up on which is better but overall i prefer psy over wiz its all about preferance

that and psys lvl faster
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    well i never liked the wiz's spells they have a long channel time but they are powerful, a psy is faster but usually lower defense, its kind of a toss up on which is better but overall i prefer psy over wiz its all about preferance

that and psys lvl faster

wizards level pretty fast too.

I 2 shot fishies! Who wanna go fish?b:cute
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    -as is it for now i think both do same dmg but psychic is way faster when wizard is way stronger per skill

-the time wizard cast 1 spell psychic will have casted 2-3

-then come interupt skill which i found happen more often since tb expansion, if mage get interupt be sure they will suffer alot when psychic will just cast right away
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've been wondering which class to start with...Which class is better in the long run for solo and partying? And which class is the best DD?

Long run : Don't know, psychic don't have sage or demon yet and 79+ skill.
    Solo : Early lv to mid lv, psychic. Later on wizard seem do better for now.
    Partying : I think psychic since they has ability to increase healing effect (skill and pot) and bubble for aoe heal.

The best DD ? Who know everyone has their own opinion . . . and this questione can start a war quickly o.0...
    Wizard : Longer cast, big damage at once.
    Psychic : Fast cast, lower damage than wizard. (more like DPS)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    They are pretty much equal as damage and Mizuoni can confirm it :).Each has it's up and downs,wizards the fire/water/earth-phy shields,psychics soulforce skills and the voodooes.But yes it all comes to personal skill and not the class.Plus thing is psychics can only get better with new TT weapons and 79/100 skills while wizards are how we see them.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    -as is it for now i think both do same dmg but psychic is way faster when wizard is way stronger per skill

-then come interupt skill which i found happen more often since tb expansion, if mage get interupt be sure they will suffer alot when psychic will just cast right away
    BS....i cast a spell about the same time a psy does. You are looking at our long channeling skills which are rarely used. Our spamming skills are pretty fast and do insane damage.
    They are pretty much equal as damage and Mizuoni can confirm it :).Each has it's up and downs,wizards the fire/water/earth-phy shields,psychics soulforce skills and the voodooes.But yes it all comes to personal skill and not the class.Plus thing is psychics can only get better with new TT weapons and 79/100 skills while wizards are how we see them.

Yep franz we had a good fight.

I hit you for 800-1.1k with white voodoo on
    without white voodoo 1.2k-1.4k

With white voodoo you hit me for 300-400
    with black voodoo you hit me for 800-1.1k

very interesting study, look forward to using some more combos on you
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Snow_Flake - Raging Tide
    Snow_Flake - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Yep franz we had a good fight.

I hit you for 800-1.1k with white voodoo on
    without white voodoo 1.2k-1.4k

With white voodoo you hit me for 300-400
    with black voodoo you hit me for 800-1.1k

very interesting study, look forward to using some more combos on you
    Mind if I ask what skills did both of you use? o.o?
    Because Miz and Franz are 9 levels apart.
    Moreover, Miz, you're a sage already >.<"
    edited January 2010
    My white voodoo is lvl 10 so it means -99 attack lvl +66 def lvl.Which is kinda innacurate since i wasn't hitting for 1% with it on.
    As for skills we kinda tested them all.His bids maxed i think not sure if sage already hit me for about 1200 dmg.While my red tide only lvl 2 hit him for about 1200 too(but he had earth barrier on not water barrier).The normal skills from both(lvl1-49 ones)were hitting on that range as he said on me,with the difference of my damage on him of the barrier he used.For example my aqua cannon was hitting him for about 1200 dmg with earth barrier and around 800 with water barrier.
    Sure weapons and equipment counts alot and i have noob gear compared to aqaudash and company he has but I'm sure he fought his share of psychics calamity has(dunno if they were easy to kill or what)and tested with me too and not gonna take that less serious in a real fight.
    I'll make an example on my build on the TW last night.There was this cleric(not in air)in the middle of like 10 people(not as close as an aoe of course)I rushed in to him 3 hits dead rushed out with 10 peoples hitting me and survived.I was fully buffed(sage buff and all 3700 hp 2k phy def 10k mag res)was using a dew of god protection but all this people were 90+ atleast.
    Furthermore on a face to face with a demon veno we fought for like 3 mins(yeah alot)face to face tanks to charms(she only had the bee as pet but you know it hits the most as a flying pet).Didn't want to waste the whole charm for a kill so i holy path away(into the HF of a lvl 100 bm but that's another story :))
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    My white voodoo is lvl 10 so it means -99 attack lvl +66 def lvl.Which is kinda innacurate since i wasn't hitting for 1% with it on.
    As for skills we kinda tested them all.His bids maxed i think not sure if sage already hit me for about 1200 dmg.While my red tide only lvl 2 hit him for about 1200 too(but he had earth barrier on not water barrier).The normal skills from both(lvl1-49 ones)were hitting on that range as he said on me,with the difference of my damage on him of the barrier he used.For example my aqua cannon was hitting him for about 1200 dmg with earth barrier and around 800 with water barrier.
    Sure weapons and equipment counts alot and i have noob gear compared to aqaudash and company he has but I'm sure he fought his share of psychics calamity has(dunno if they were easy to kill or what)and tested with me too and not gonna take that less serious in a real fight.
    I'll make an example on my build on the TW last night.There was this cleric(not in air)in the middle of like 10 people(not as close as an aoe of course)I rushed in to him 3 hits dead rushed out with 10 peoples hitting me and survived.I was fully buffed(sage buff and all 3700 hp 2k phy def 10k mag res)was using a dew of god protection but all this people were 90+ atleast.
    Furthermore on a face to face with a demon veno we fought for like 3 mins(yeah alot)face to face tanks to charms(she only had the bee as pet but you know it hits the most as a flying pet).Didn't want to waste the whole charm for a kill so i holy path away(into the HF of a lvl 100 bm but that's another story :))

Can't be sage bids - that requires lvl 99.
    Didn't read the rest of the wall of text - just adding this in.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Mind if I ask what skills did both of you use? o.o?
    Because Miz and Franz are 9 levels apart.
    Moreover, Miz, you're a sage already >.<"
    I used my 3 sage skills- pyrogram, gush and stone rain.

My BIDS is only 2
    My BT is 7
    My Aquadash(which isnt mine, just borrowing) is +2 with 1 flawless sapphire
    my pyrogram, gush and stone rain are lvl 11
    My gear isnt impressive just the few arcane molders from 7x and 3 stars
    I think Franz gear is much better than mine, its tt80 gold right?
    edited January 2010
    Nu,it's steppenwolf cape,I wish i had tt80 gold,weapon is still the 69 mold since i got mirages now at 80b:cry and the mold costs 88 chips and 1.9 mils the fee(no way i'm paying that much for it).as for the rest of the gear is the 60-70ish molds(sleeves of captn,pants of hades,crystal headress,tt70 boots,and necklace of legion)all +2 pretty much.I din't said i have **** on but your average gear one would have had before packs and all.
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    both classes are made for dps,
    wiz skills have more channel than cast time, which is good when u get -chan% gear on, psys get more cast time for less channel time, at the end skills have same ending time if u do cast+channel time, however wizs have sutra which is much better than tide spirit and takes all channel off and that is dedly in a wiz cuz of low cast time of spells

also psys miss the ulty skills that are the true DD skills of this game, and after lv89 can be used in sutra combo if u have full chi.
    psys have the power of soulforce which helps like using soulforce on a hazty target and he will take lots of dmg, and wihtout white voodoo tehy are more squishy but they can do physic will and become immune to phy atk for 8sec if maxed, wiht white voodoo they dps power goes off.
    also psy cant rly choose when to silence as wiz, but they get a 6sec stun at the cost of 1 spark and is aoe just like BMS and soul of stun gives u a choose stun
    they get black voodoo to helps the dps power but that make them even more squishy, wiz have undine strike which will stay for 12sec and is a fast skill, could be faster but is fast enought to work well, psys might take a bit longger to take clerics down wihtout undine and using normal skills but if they do soulburn on teh right time or make them bleed wiht red tide clerics will take lots of dmg too.
    wiz get distance shrink which is rly usefull, since ur spells are channel based most of teh time when we do shrink and get some time to end the channel and send off a strong spike dmg, psys miss it but they have low channel which means less or near no interruption compared to wizards.

psys demon/sage skills and 79/100 skills still locked and so the last word still locked too.
    but we can see easyly that psys have a great potential wiht refines, a high lvl psys wiht pro refines will have a crazy soulforce and a soulburn on a target that is trying to kill u cuz he/she knows psys are squishy will have a big suprise when finds out that is suiciding em self, it is dedly in sins/bms using fast atks, and u if u have enought chi u can always do physical will for safety, wiz are simply based on nuke asap while sutra is up,,,,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    tide spirit is identical as sutra(6 secs)plus we get a bonus to mag damage that is almsot like double spark at lvl 10 for 15 secs and that's alot.Almost like a sutra+undine.now all this combined with a wizard in squad that also casts undine strike+HF+amp+genie amp skills+cleric lower magic def= a dead boss very very fast.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Did you guys try BT?
    Usually that's what wizzys would use against an arcane, unless BIDS would be sage for critting
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Did you guys try BT?
    Usually that's what wizzys would use against an arcane, unless BIDS would be sage for critting

sage BIDS is lvl 99
    BT does 2.2k with his lvl 10 white voodoo.
    Franz i haz sage hailstorm, lets play ^^
    edited January 2010
    Only upgrade i did so far to my gear was to spend 700k for a 3rd socket and a flawless citrine on my armour. :)Still need cash to max 39/49/59 skills :(.As you saw from that SS around I'm starting to do some decent damage tho.
    Sure it's always nice to spare a few hits.
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for the info b:thanks
    Now I wonder why the BIDS hit almost the same as your Red Tide >.<"
    I mean...
    Does the 9 level difference have no better damage output? o.o"
    (Considering both of you are pure build and the skills description on ecatomb)
    I used my 3 sage skills- pyrogram, gush and stone rain.

My BIDS is only 2
    My BT is 7
    My Aquadash(which isnt mine, just borrowing) is +2 with 1 flawless sapphire
    my pyrogram, gush and stone rain are lvl 11
    My gear isnt impressive just the few arcane molders from 7x and 3 stars
    I think Franz gear is much better than mine, its tt80 gold right?

Still, 1.2k-1.4k with sage skills is...
    Well, I don't know how to say but the damage difference isn't that impressive imo o.o"
    Because at 81, Franz hit like 800-1.1k - black on (not yet sage/demon)
    I wonder what will happen once the black voodoo sage/demon version is out.
    Not to mention sage/demon for their basic skills (1-49) -.-"

Sorry if I sound noob b:surrender
    I'm still new to this game >.<"
    I'll be looking forward to another skill test though =)

To the OP,
    Both are glass cannon and hit hard in their different ways.
    I just choose the one I enjoy the most while playing.
    And it happens to be a wiz for me b:chuckle
  • Reico_M - Dreamweaver
    Reico_M - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Sorry Psychics, but I'm going to say it.

Wizards win.

Why? One reason: Blade Tempest.

You can argue all day over whether or not Sutra is better than Tide Spirit, or who can AoE better, whether white voodoo is better than the earth shield, or who does more damage. But the fact remains, BT blows everything out of the water.

Red Tide vs Blade Tempest. Maybe?
    AoE *Chance* to Bleed -vs- AoE that is both Magical and PHYSICAL Damage. Nope, no contest.

Clerics have their Plume Shot and Razor Feathers, Wizards have their BT, Psychics got nothin' phys-wise worth mentioning.
  • Raybeez - Lost City
    Raybeez - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Wizards win.

You can argue all day over whether or not Sutra is better than Tide Spirit, or who can AoE better, whether white voodoo is better than the earth shield, or who does more damage. But the fact remains, BT blows everything out of the water.

AoE *Chance* to Bleed -vs- AoE that is both Magical and PHYSICAL Damage. Nope, no contest.

Clerics have their Plume Shot and Razor Feathers, Wizards have their BT, Psychics got nothin' phys-wise worth mentioning.

Ya but wont landslide interupt the BT i mean it takes like forever to cast it vs. land slide and LS interupts spell channeling.. so the only way is if the wiz ninjas you with BT.. but then again a smart wiz is not gonna warn you b4 casting..
    edited February 2010
    Ya but wont landslide interupt the BT i mean it takes like forever to cast it vs. land slide and LS interupts spell channeling.. so the only way is if the wiz ninjas you with BT.. but then again a smart wiz is not gonna warn you b4 casting..
    Sutra > pop a spark pot > poke > poke > BT ftw? b:surrender
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Now I wonder why the BIDS hit almost the same as your Red Tide >.<"
    I mean...
    Does the 9 level difference have no better damage output? o.o"
    (Considering both of you are pure build and the skills description on ecatomb)

Thanks for the info

Still, 1.2k-1.4k with sage skills is...
    Well, I don't know how to say but the damage difference isn't that impressive imo o.o"
    Because at 81, Franz hit like 800-1.1k - black on (not yet sage/demon)
    I wonder what will happen once the black voodoo sage/demon version is out.
    Not to mention sage/demon for their basic skills (1-49) -.-"

Sorry if I sound noob b:surrender
    I'm still new to this game >.<"
    I'll be looking forward to another skill test though =)

To the OP,
    Both are glass cannon and hit hard in their different ways.
    I just choose the one I enjoy the most while playing.
    And it happens to be a wiz for me b:chuckle
    i dont have lvl 11 BIDS. If i did, it would probably one shot franz.

When i used my skills, franz had white voodoo on which takes away 66% of the damage.

Wizards win.

i been trying to say this for like ever -.-

at lvl 89 when you get 3 sparks you can

399 chi > sutra > 199 chi > pyrogram > 2xx chi > BT > if they live > extra skills to finish

sutra ulti without using spark pots....gimme spark pots and i can put 2 ultis in there
    edited February 2010
    You're right Mizouni about me using white voodoo(it's a skill why shouldn't i use it?)but you too use ur barrier which by doubling a said resistance(earth/water for me)cuts alot of my damage.When we fought and u forgot to get earth barrier up i 2 shotted you.True that first shot was a crit for about 2700 damage but still it ain't bad b:chuckle
  • Reico_M - Dreamweaver
    Reico_M - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Actually, the best possible option is Psychic Will. Immunity to Physical Damage for a time.

This thread in all honesty feels like a pissing contest. If we are arguing who hits harder Wizards are the best damage dealers in the game, hands down. Psychics are extremely survivable robe-wearers, so if we are arguing who solo's better, sorry wizzies, Psychics win.

Powerful Nukes vs Self-Casting Defensive Skills, means an argument that will last forever, both classes are yes, arcane, and both wear robes, and have magic, and DD. But these classes are very different from one another and serve very different purposes.

It's like arguing which is better: Rock, Paper, or Scissors?
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    You're right Mizouni about me using white voodoo(it's a skill why shouldn't i use it?)but you too use ur barrier which by doubling a said resistance(earth/water for me)cuts alot of my damage.When we fought and u forgot to get earth barrier up i 2 shotted you.True that first shot was a crit for about 2700 damage but still it ain't bad b:chuckle

no, she was asking why my damage was so low.

Also, i didnt use undine, since it wouldve reflected back at me.
    But i did use freeze skills to try to get the freeze reflected back at me so i can move around freeze with blink. If the freeze procs, i could make short work with franz with undine > pyro > gush spam and an anti stun here and there

also, when you used tide, i didnt have water barrier on. 100% more water defense would made that skill do pretty much nothing.
  • Agression - Harshlands
    Agression - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    inb4thehamsta
  • Quanyin - Heavens Tear
    Quanyin - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Don't even need to do that much once you go Sage/Demon (Doesn't matter which way in this case)

Start with full chi. Sutra + poke + BT. b:bye
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    inb4thehamsta

b:avoid
    me has been observing this thread from the start.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Endrnz - Dreamweaver
    Endrnz - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2010

WOW WTF are you talking about???

Lets take the two BASIC skills of psy and wizz.

Aqua Impact (Psy) - Channel - 0.5 + Cast - 1.5 = 2.0 seconds

Gush (Wizz) - Channel - 1.0 + Cast - 1.0 = 2.0 seconds

Now according to that HOW DO YOU CAST 2-3...when wizzy casts 1 spell...

Lol your theory is completely flawed, its actually the other way around. Psys hit harder then wizzy/spell (mostly because of Black Vodoo) and therefore does more damage/hit.

You see wizz actually has more potential to be better as equipment DOES NOT give -cast time but rather -channel time, and if both were given a chance to make modify their characters wizzy would win hands down because its very much possible to get ultra high -channeling gear.

Also you may be referring to skills like sandstorm (one of the strongest wizz spells) which has a channel of 2.5 seconds...NOW IMAGINE THAT with -50+ channeling gear :/ 1 second channel and BAM

Hmm, well to answer the original question if you are a newbie and you want to make a caster as your first toon then I suggest Psy as in the early levels it is MUCH MUCH stronger.

Now for wizz, well I have seen people spend excess of $1000 on games...and well if you are willing to do that wizz is the superior choice. If you can spend an a VAST amount of $ on making new equipment with -X% chanelling there is no question you should go wizz, as mentioned above -chanelling gear helps wizz MUCH more then psy.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    3 words: weapon damage modifiers.
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]