Options
Olivassin - Heavens Tear
Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
I know that mutliclienting (2 or more clients open simultaneously into the same machine) its forbidden.

But my question is: Can i log in the same account in 2 different computers and into 2 different characters? meaning... is it forbidden? or it simply disconnects the other character when trying to log in the second one?
Post edited by Olivassin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this isn't allowed, a Gm or mod would half to confirm it.
  • Karst - Dreamweaver
    Karst - Dreamweaver Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's not possible.
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    2 separate accounts on 2 separate computers=yes
    1 account=cant log in
    2 separate accounts on 1 computer=ban
  • Vintersun - Sanctuary
    Vintersun - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    But my question is: Can i log in the same account in 2 different computers and into 2 different characters? meaning... is it forbidden? or it simply disconnects the other character when trying to log in the second one?

I don't know for sure but sometimes I get the feeling that some players do something like this so they can leave a worthless character as catshop In arch.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)Gotta Love Bunnies!
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    Kado - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't know for sure but sometimes I get the feeling that some players do something like this so they can leave a worthless character as catshop In arch.

Your right! Logging in to separate accounts on separate machines for the purpose of having a cat shop running while you are still playing is acceptable and works wonders to make money consistently
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the game will not allow you (even if you had some kind of uber ****) to log in the same account, on the same server, on 2 diff pcs, or even on one pc (if you were multiclienting).

different servers is a diff story tho, reportedly. have not tried it yet myself tho.

the 1st char would be dc'd if you tried to log into the same acct on the same server on a diff pc. you would need to force log.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The game doesn't allow you to log into the same account. You would have to boot yourself off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Your right! Logging in to separate accounts on separate machines for the purpose of having a cat shop running while you are still playing is acceptable and works wonders to make money consistently

acceptable yes but it bannable
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Miharu - Raging Tide
    Miharu - Raging Tide Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Multiboxing isnt bannable. From what ive heard from like a bizillion people.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    wrong quote >.<
    I know that mutliclienting (2 or more clients open simultaneously into the same machine) its forbidden.

this is bannable but acceptable
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You are allowed to log into using two computers with two different accounts on the same server.I do this for catshops as well as extra storage.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ._.'
    all this technology and powah in me paws.....and me can't open up another dedicated system to function as me shop alt.
    b:surrender
    curse this one system limit.
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixre - Harshlands
    Vixre - Harshlands Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Multiboxing isnt bannable. From what ive heard from like a bizillion people.

I haven't seen the particular line, but someone said multiboxing from the same machine is violating the Terms of Service. They *can* ban you for violating the ToS, but it's one of those rules where if PWE was to enforce it, they'd have to ban half of the population... not very practical especially considering that most people use it for cat shops.

Multi-boxing from the same computer gives one player an unfair advantage in actual gameplay, e.g. camping two locations at once, or fighting with two clients at once. Even though using multiple computers also grants the same advantage (if not better), it's hard for PWE to prove that a single person is multiclienting all of the machines, one can easily argue a friend or sibling was controlling each of the computers.

sspx0010x.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Right, first off it isn't possible to log into two characters on the same account simultaneously. Secondly, the only thing that's bannable about multiclienting is if a player runs more than one client on the same computer. Multiple PC's running individual clients is perfectly fine.
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    <== Runs another account on my laptop, even when I'm playing on my main on my main computer and I know at the very least Kantorek knows this.

Since normally (without modification or unusual environments) you can't run multiple PWI clients, it suggests it is supposed to be that way.

Multiple machines = Ok
    Multiple instances of PWI client = Not Ok.

Simple as that. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I haven't seen the particular line, but someone said multiboxing from the same machine is violating the Terms of Service. They *can* ban you for violating the ToS, but it's one of those rules where if PWE was to enforce it, they'd have to ban half of the population... not very practical especially considering that most people use it for cat shops.

Multi-boxing from the same computer gives one player an unfair advantage in actual gameplay, e.g. camping two locations at once, or fighting with two clients at once. Even though using multiple computers also grants the same advantage (if not better), it's hard for PWE to prove that a single person is multiclienting all of the machines, one can easily argue a friend or sibling was controlling each of the computers.

sigh...think before you type.

multiboxing is 2 separate computers multiclienting is running multiple clients from 1 computer. by definition it is impossible to multibox on 1 computer. the reason that multiclienting is illegal is because it requires either modifying game files or using a 3rd party program which modifies game files. modifying game files is against the TOS therefore against the rules and bannable.

i hope i didnt use too many big words for you.
  • Mikki - Heavens Tear
    Mikki - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    sigh...think before you type.

multiboxing is 2 separate computers multiclienting is running multiple clients from 1 computer. by definition it is impossible to multibox on 1 computer. the reason that multiclienting is illegal is because it requires either modifying game files or using a 3rd party program which modifies game files. modifying game files is against the TOS therefore against the rules and bannable.

i hope i didnt use too many big words for you.

At the risk of being banned, running multiple clients on one pc doesn't require any adaptation to game files or any third party software, It can be achieved very simply and in my opinion quite lawfully without affecting any files. As the ToS refers to bannable offences being that of modifying game data or installing 3rd pary software that interfears with the usual opperation of the client i don't see how they could Ban a person for multyclienting and allow another person to do exactly that when the only difference is that the other person uses 2 pc's.
    As a former Senior Game Master for another MMO whose name i shall not mention i have seen and been party to multiclienting on a number of occasion and don't believe that it gives any greater advantage than that of a person running 2 clients on 2 pc's.
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

multi-boxing isn't bannable, because how can they tell if you're multi-boxing or if just multiple people from your household are logging on (like my wife, myself and my daughter)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    At the risk of being banned, running multiple clients on one pc doesn't require any adaptation to game files or any third party software, It can be achieved very simply and in my opinion quite lawfully without affecting any files. As the ToS refers to bannable offences being that of modifying game data or installing 3rd pary software that interfears with the usual opperation of the client i don't see how they could Ban a person for multyclienting and allow another person to do exactly that when the only difference is that the other person uses 2 pc's.
    As a former Senior Game Master for another MMO whose name i shall not mention i have seen and been party to multiclienting on a number of occasion and don't believe that it gives any greater advantage than that of a person running 2 clients on 2 pc's.

I tend to agree.. I mean, what's the difference if I'm switching computers and doing things on 2 accounts, or if I'm switching windows.. it's not like both windows/clients can be active at the same time..

multi-clienting can be done in 2 minutes.. and could save you hours of time trying to find that 4th person needed to open TT for example.. without giving any type of unfair advantage (aside from saving time looking for people)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Actually, yes it would require modifying files, as the patcher would state that the client's already in use once fully opened, and not let you start another one up. I found this out after accidentally clicking the patcher icon when I meant to sign into an instant messenger. Actually, the patcher is made to prevent such, unlike other games, which would usually include the login through the patcher.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Actually, yes it would require modifying files, as the patcher would state that the client's already in use once fully opened, and not let you start another one up. I found this out after accidentally clicking the patcher icon when I meant to sign into an instant messenger. Actually, the patcher is made to prevent such, unlike other games, which would usually include the login through the patcher.

Windows User switching.

Although I haven't tried it. That is one way it could be done. Still bannable though.

~S
  • Minarva - Sanctuary
    Minarva - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Actually, no modification is needed at all to run multiple clients on 1 pc.

All you have to do is start <PWI installation folder> / elemenent / elementclient.exe

[Edit] woeps.. didn't meant to necro there :( sorry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^
    Stats above are self-buffed, tiger form
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited June 2010
    Options
    What's possible:
    1 Computer
    2 Accounts
    Game crashes on that account
    Watch your 1st account still logged in using the 2nd account on same computer
    1st account eventually gets disconnected though
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    What's possible:
    1 Computer
    2 Accounts
    Game crashes on that account
    Watch your 1st account still logged in using the 2nd account on same computer
    1st account eventually gets disconnected though
    b:chuckle

Actually, no modification is needed at all to run multiple clients on 1 pc.

All you have to do is start <PWI installation folder> / elemenent / elementclient.exe

[Edit] woeps.. didn't meant to necro there :( sorry

Damn necro. -.-
    On a different not, you shouldn't go around telling everyone on the forums how to multi-client.
  • Victor_HU - Heavens Tear
    Victor_HU - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Hawk wrote: »
    Right, first off it isn't possible to log into two characters on the same account simultaneously. Secondly, the only thing that's bannable about multiclienting is if a player runs more than one client on the same computer. Multiple PC's running individual clients is perfectly fine.

i have this problem too . I have computer and sister have too... but we have only one account . i have level 86 wizard she have level 70 cleric so we dont want to make other account and start a character again. So can GMs or moderators put my or my sisters character to an other account? or need to pay real money for it? or its cant possible ? Please help me and my sister b:surrender
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i have this problem too . I have computer and sister have too... but we have only one account . i have level 86 wizard she have level 70 cleric so we dont want to make other account and start a character again. So can GMs or moderators put my or my sisters character to an other account? or need to pay real money for it? or its cant possible ? Please help me and my sister b:surrender

Necro.

And completely not possible. 1 of you will have to reroll. Pass all non-bound stuff to the new char. And the person who keeps the old account help the re-roll level up & clear out important quests/culti really quick.

Btw, its against the ToS to even share an account with your sister in the 1st place. So they wont have any sympathy on you for being in this situation now.

Oh and Necro again.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Necro.

And completely not possible. 1 of you will have to reroll. Pass all non-bound stuff to the new char. And the person who keeps the old account help the re-roll level up & clear out important quests/culti really quick.

Btw, its against the ToS to even share an account with your sister in the 1st place. So they wont have any sympathy on you for being in this situation now.

Oh and Necro again.

But this is my problem i cant play lot of to get my level back . So i dont want to do it ... Its not good if they dont help me b:sad But its really not work ... they cant do it? or just they dont want to do it for me?b:sad
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    Cyrl - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    But this is my problem i cant play lot of to get my level back . So i dont want to do it ... Its not good if they dont help me b:sad But its really not work ... they cant do it? or just they dont want to do it for me?b:sad

They can't do it. And even if they could, they wouldn't because they're not going to go through all the trouble of changing and transferring the data for 1 person.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5843465009&dateline=1276709082[/SIGPIC]
    ~Made by the amazing Forsakenx~

"Hogwarts is full of Communists?!"--Lingie
    "No. I'm actually the reincarnation of a God. Retired. Hi."
    "My life is one whole WTF moment."
    edited July 2010
    Options
    They can't do it. And even if they could, they wouldn't because they're not going to go through all the trouble of changing and transferring the data for 1 person.

And if i pay real money for them?
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    And if i pay real money for them?

Still not possible, as there is no such option in the game or on the website.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
This discussion has been closed.