Assaa...rcher?

Options
2»

Comments

• Grievous - Harshlands
    Grievous - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    How come no one mentioned that fact that archers lack weapon % mods and it hurts in them endgame pvp with out Cash shopping alot. Sins have these so they should be very good endgame dmg wise.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=570322&highlight=lazy <
  • blackmaster379
    blackmaster379 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i should say:

PICK THE ARCHER!!!

... =3
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!" ~ Kephras - HeavensTear.
  • __Hysteria__ - Harshlands
    __Hysteria__ - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    FAIL, no they don't most of PKrs are archers bms and barbs, which makes Cleric already f*cked up, Arcane robe is weakest armor ever, even heavy plate gives more Magic defense that arcane physical resistance. And now im more convinced to Assasins, they have bloodpaint, which is cool, Archer can attack from distance, but Assasin i was Pking with, just dissapear, and attacked me from nonwhere, how is it, i sometimes they are transparent and another time they re totally invisible.

actually your the fail, coming from some1 who was a pk cleric, arcane robes and all, i pkd just fine actually found it to be damn godly at it, your on a carebear server so you wouldnt know, maybe you jus fail as a cleric?
    4x Wizard - Marshal of the faction Sacreds
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    FAIL, no they don't most of PKrs are archers bms and barbs, which makes Cleric already f*cked up, Arcane robe is weakest armor ever, even heavy plate gives more Magic defense that arcane physical resistance. And now im more convinced to Assasins, they have bloodpaint, which is cool, Archer can attack from distance, but Assasin i was Pking with, just dissapear, and attacked me from nonwhere, how is it, i sometimes they are transparent and another time they re totally invisible.

arcane armor has much better potential than light armor endgame. 9x clerics can get very respectable pdef, so stop spouting **** when you have no real idea of how things are. maybe go visit the cleric forums and see how 9x clerics gear themselves.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hi, i have question for you Archers, I'm cleric but got bored with being a slave to everyone else, and i want to make new character, just can't decide between Archer or Assasin, i prefer archer since they are ranged, but assasin has cool skills like Blood paint or shadowalk. What do you think about it? Even they are Light armor, i saw high levels in west gate arch and secret passage they are total killers unless like clerics.

My assassin is not lvl 90 yet so i cant be 100% sure of course. But so far i would say:

pve = archer
    pvp = assassin

Both classes are rather similar in terms of build and being crit and interval based, squishy, having problems with heavy armor b:cry and killing arcane users fairly easy before 99+.

Difference is assassins gets better pvp-skills than archer, not just the fact no one can see you after certain amount of lvls and you can force into stealth as soon as the odds are against you. But sins gets more crit than archers after using the self buffs, sins also gets what archers lacks - skills that actually does dmg.

Its rather funny looking at some assassin skills, already at lvl 2 or so they have more dmg adds than my lvl 11 skills on archer. Also pretty much all assassin skills have %-in weapon damage add on, where archer skills have a fixed dmg add on - which is rather bad endgame.

Sins also gets far more stuns/seals/sleep and can use occult ice since mele. They also get Deaden nerves, which basically prevents them from getting 1 shoot.

Only thing they lack is skills with add on elemental dmg, i think killing well geared 99+ BMs/barbs will be pretty damn hard for sins, at least archers have metal and can kite.

In terms of pve id say assassins are rather useless. Only use i can see is being a great DD with high dps. They cant really tank stuff and they dont have continuous aoe skills like barrage. They also suck to lvl up unless you have your own cleric to spam heals lol.
  • Sheyde - Sanctuary
    Sheyde - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    why you all attack sanctuary? Pvp servers are easier? I should move there? I dont even see difference between pvp and pve servers.
  • Grievous - Harshlands
    Grievous - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    why you all attack sanctuary? Pvp servers are easier? I should move there? I dont even see difference between pvp and pve servers.

ppl are generally better at pvp on a pvp sever than a pve server .... duh
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    screenie or liesb:bye

its called sharp tooth arrow lol.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options

because Sanct's PvP sucks balls from the grave. you don't see a difference because you've never rolled in a PvP server, do it on a lvl 1 cleric or something and just watch.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Sheyde - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well miss archer you on sanctuary too, ok ill start with assasin on pvp serwer which one you recomending?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    you use a cleric to observe because clerics fly from lvl 1 without draining mana (a lot of fights are in the air). but if you're going to play a class then go ahead.
  • DrkLordZ - Sanctuary
    DrkLordZ - Sanctuary Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Most people think Arcane users are a 1 shot. Well they are wrong, fully shard it with lvl8+ garnets and let the noob wizzie use Sage Rock Shield.

BTW, since when did this become a cleric thread lmao
    Please donate money into my mailbox :)

I'm poor as heck.
  • Sheyde - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    you use a cleric to observe because clerics fly from lvl 1 without draining mana (a lot of fights are in the air). but if you're going to play a class then go ahead.

Eee..? I use cleric because they can heal,buff revive blah blah,but i just want to be able to kick someone's butt if i need and with Cleric its...really hard.
    So which Pvp serwer you recomend?
  • Sheyde - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Meh, i will start on Sanctuary, much friends here, and PvP serwers has no difference anyway.
  • Sheyde - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lol can we leave pvp and pve? How about 79 and demon/sage skills for tideborn? They make them? Or leave like this with only standard skills?