Sage/Demon for Venomancers

Options

Comments

• Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I didn't get answer for this, so I will ask again:

Does Sage Summer Sprint works as Purify? Does it removes curses and/or debuffs? or how does it work?
    (Sage version removes negative effects)
  • Akasera - Sanctuary
    Akasera - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    To my knowledge, sage sprint functions as an instant self purify, yes. As it's a skill, it won't help with any effects that prevent you from acting (stun, seal, etc.), but can be used to wipe debuffs, dots, curses, et all.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I lol'ed @ their response to the Hell Ironwood Scarab.

My Question
    The skill at it's level 11 state (Sage or Demon) says there is a 40% defense reduction (like at level 10, the reduction is 30%). The demon add on says there's a 20% chance to reduce defense to 0.

Is it intentional that there is no 40% defense reduction ever and only the 20% chance of reduction to 0?

Their Response
    Hi,

Please refer to the Perfect World Quest Tip forum at http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15 for assistance with quests.

You can also try the game guide at 1perfectworld.com.

Cheers,

Perfect World Customer Service
    http://support.perfectworld.com/

ROFL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Wow. I can't think of anything else to say. Just....Wow......
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Guess I'll submit one... would be better if I had the skill to prove it though.

I hope you submit another ticket sayign they didnt answer your question.

Simply put it: The skill states this, but it doesnt occur. They will be more likely to understand. Dont add the extra jargon.
  • LiuYuanDe - Sanctuary
    LiuYuanDe - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Just got my demon hamburger, Hell Ironwood Scarab and Venomous Scarab yesterday b:victory

Hell Ironwood says chance of 40% defense reduction and 20% chance to reduce defense to 0.

So you don't always get the 40% reduction.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Just got my demon hamburger, Hell Ironwood Scarab and Venomous Scarab yesterday b:victory

Hell Ironwood says chance of 40% defense reduction and 20% chance to reduce defense to 0.

So you don't always get the 40% reduction.

I have used Hell Ironwood multiple times. The only defense reduction it does is to 0 defense. Other than that, it's just damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I have used Hell Ironwood multiple times. The only defense reduction it does is to 0 defense. Other than that, it's just damage.

Things like this being the randomness I went sage to avoid.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

I thought you went sage cos your not an evil person? b:shocked
  • MoonStream - Heavens Tear
    MoonStream - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    do the sage and demon fairies look different? like is there a way to tell them apart??
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options

The skill states two things.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk246/luminatingheart/Perfect%20World/ironwoodscarab.jpg

People are wondering if it is supposed to do both or only one. Thus why we are trying to get an answer from the GMs.
    do the sage and demon fairies look different? like is there a way to tell them apart??

http://www.ecatomb.net/fairy-genies.php
    Sage on left, Demon on right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The skill states two things.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk246/luminatingheart/Perfect%20World/ironwoodscarab.jpg

People are wondering if it is supposed to do both or only one. Thus why we are trying to get an answer from the GMs.

Sorry, for necro, but I was wondering if answer was given or not?
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Sorry, for necro, but I was wondering if answer was given or not?

Personally i think its suppose to do both (the normal -40% [i think] phys def debuff AND the 20% chance to reduce phys def to 0). If it does only one (aka the 20% chance to reduce phys def to 0), it sucks, but it still does good damage, but thats not the point :P
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    it only does the 20% and thats just an error
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    it only does the 20% and thats just an error

Yet another bug that'll probably never get fixed b:cry
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It really should only do the 20%. That's what you get for choosing random chance over stability.
    Main characters
  • Arelycia - Lost City
    Arelycia - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Im really torn, first i wanted Sage as a LA caster and then i was thinking demon because of the ability to spam venom. I like the idea of an aoe purge and the stronger noxious gass with sage. But no 1 has said anyhting about bramble guard. "Demon version always returns 75% of damage." the sage version just lasts twice as long. But for Amp damage the sage version "Sage version always makes the target take 30% additional damage.
    " where as teh demon version just lasts longer. So im torn. I think people are right about sage being more stable and that maybe what i go with anyway. (i suck at pvp anyway) Im thinking though that a sage veno and a demon veno teamed up to pvp would be freaking unstoppable, especially if they both used the demons bramble gaurd and the sages fox skills. b:shocked
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Sage + Demon veno on the same target is pretty evil. In my faction there are only 2 venos past level 89. We are both level 91, I'm a sage, the other one is a demon. Combining our skills kills things pretty darn fast.

I throw on the 20 second long -40% phy def buff for the melee players in our party, he uses the 6 second wood debuff and the damage stacks very fast.
    Main characters
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Im really torn, first i wanted Sage as a LA caster and then i was thinking demon because of the ability to spam venom. I like the idea of an aoe purge and the stronger noxious gass with sage. But no 1 has said anyhting about bramble guard. "Demon version always returns 75% of damage." the sage version just lasts twice as long. But for Amp damage the sage version "Sage version always makes the target take 30% additional damage.
    " where as teh demon version just lasts longer. So im torn. I think people are right about sage being more stable and that maybe what i go with anyway. (i suck at pvp anyway) Im thinking though that a sage veno and a demon veno teamed up to pvp would be freaking unstoppable, especially if they both used the demons bramble gaurd and the sages fox skills. b:shocked
    you shouldnt even really worry about ALL the sage / demon skills, chances are unless you play for a very very very long time you wont see any more of the ones besides the ones found in FB89. RB delta, FB99, cube,e tc are still kinda uncharted territory for alot of people sooooo dont expect to see more than demon/sage ironwood venomous and fox fomr unless you have alot of time :P
  • katiemorgan
    katiemorgan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i hear a lot of ppl saying that demon is better for arcane caster venos. are u guys talking about pvp, or you think this is true for pve also? i'm still one lvl away right now, and i find that when i'm soloing with my herc and fighting mobs that take more than a few hits (e.g. fb89 unwined, etc), i tend to steal aggro from my herc and have to tone down my attacks sometimes. wouldn't this become quite a nuisance if u went demon and did even more dmg with venomous scarab?

also, are the first 3 skill books generally equal in value between sage/demon? i have some sage/demon books that i will want to trade for the other...
  • Drgnfire - Heavens Tear
    Drgnfire - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    There is no really informative thread about Sage/Demon for Venomancers, so decided to put some information together and make one. Correct me if I make any mistakes.

Introduction
    What is Sage/Demon?
    Sage/Demon is a path you choose with lvl89 cultivation. It allows you to upgrade some of your skills to lvl11. Also you will receive a fairy, which will fly around you.

How do I get it?
    At lvl89 you will receive a continuation for cultivation quest. This is a point you make your choice. If you want to become Celestial Sage then talk with Master Li Sage Guide (129 836). If you want to become Celestial Demon, then talk with Mo Zun Demon Guide (129 841). Basing on with who you talked, you will receive different quests.
    By choosing one path, you can't go back. So choose wisely. My advice would be to decide what you want basing on few skills as those skills are expensive (at least 1mil spirit and 1mil coins) and are hard to get (you will need skill book to learn them)

What's the difference between Sage/Demon generally?
    Basic differences are different skills, effects of fairies and also different jobs
    Also:
    Sage has higher hit rates, has bigger chance to consume less chi/spark, longer spell efects. Concentrates on more stable performance in longer time period. Fairy - lvl89, lvl99, lvl109
    Demon has higher critical rates, shorter cooldowns, faster damage dealing, longer
    Swaqqa of a cripple.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    refer to the arcane venomancer guide, this is copy/pasted into there. dont bump old threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Necro

Never thought I will have to "ask" to lock my own topic >.<
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    demon ftw. Me no likes the sage.
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    AndyNagato - Lost City Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    refer to the arcane venomancer guide, this is copy/pasted into there. dont bump old threads.
    this |: what was the point of bumping this just to state something useless?
  • Meilidaiyu - Sanctuary
    Meilidaiyu - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Damewort, that is an awesome page you have and it really helped me in deciding which path to take. Thank you for taking the time to put that together! ^^
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Which of these skills should I update? It is almost impossible to have all those spirits and coins or am I actually supposed to update them all? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vivi - Heavens Tear
    Vivi - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Both are good.
    At first i choose Demon cause everyone choose that so i didnt really think about it. At that time you can really get only the 3 skills: Fox Form, venomous scarab and ironwood.
    The wood debuff on venomous make me choose demon.

I didnt care about the speed of demon fox form. And i find the ironwood that can break physical defense sexy.

Now 12 level later: yes i love the speed and no ironwood isnt sexy : it never happen when you need it.

We can unlock every skill now. Sometimes im jealous of sage veno cause of chi and better spark and some skill like soul degen. But i know some sage who want demon skil.
    With genie you can compensate easily both side.

But what people have to know is sage or demon doesnt matter much if you dont know how to play your class. Knowing the skill and your possibility is what make you a good player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Im Up for Nirvana~
    Thanks Santacruz for the Signature
    theempire.ucoz.com
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This discussion is now almost pointless; soon you will be able to switch between sage and demon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Fluffy__ - Heavens Tear
    __Fluffy__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    hmmm... idk if i should go demon or sage. i was thinkin demon b4, but now im leaning toward sage... any suggestions? b:shy
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Owner\Pictures\Animated siggy.gif[/SIGPIC]
    Grey signature made by ForsakenX. Thanks!!
    Blue signature made by me! :D
This discussion has been closed.