Veno: Demon or Sage?

Options
Meilidaiyu - Sanctuary
Meilidaiyu - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Venomancer
I was wondering what other players think is better: sage or demon for a Veno. Please state what you think and why. Thanks! b:thanks
Post edited by Meilidaiyu - Sanctuary on

Comments

• /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    went sage mostly cuz of extra pdef in fox form..
    regardless what some people think,arcanes do use fox form alot too.
    and because 3 skills,which u get 1st (fox form,ironwood and venomous) works better for me then demon version,
    rest of skills cant get them all right away anyway.
    even ironwood hell is good,i rather went sage because i dont like to gamble,
    probably wouldnt work when i need it b:surrender
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I hear most Venos go sage for the healing skills or survivability skills.There is thread do you regret going demon in this forum and most said yes.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary
    Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Went Sage for me. Much fun to be had with Sage Veno, Master Li's technique, celestial spark/pet mdef debuffs, and the upcoming level 92 for Sage Soul Degenerate! =D

Only problem: Expensive as all hell to get the skills. =(
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Sage here due to my play style...I don't kite, I stay and fight it out live or die...If I kited I'd have gone demon...No regrets about Sage...

Sage skills it's all about watching AH...I saw wood mastery for 10 mil one time, meta boost for 3.5/4 mil (got that in the bank waiting on me now...) next time I saw meta boost in AH and since then it's been at 7/8 mil.

if you're a token user take the risk and make a book using tokens...I made 2 that way...they were identical...but the 2nd one sold for 30 mil in the AH...bought 4 skills with that money...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Or 81m for the tokens for the full set?

Eight one million. b:cry

Anyway. Sage gets soul degeneration 20% HP in one shot.

Does demon get anything to compare to that?
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Sage spark makes it worth it alone imo. Also, sage degen is awesome (expensive). Both sage/demon purges are pretty nice. The ironwood is dependent on your preference, hard to choose that one. But, thats just me.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    After reading many debates on this, I believe it comes down to play style. People should really look over all the skills of both for themselves.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This forum (for some odd reason) is very sage veno sided. Since a lot has been said about Sage, I'll talk Demon.

Some of the Demon benefits:

Demon Venoumous - I consider this nearly OP; it's a constant 100% chance debuff that adds about 2-3k more damage to any mob with normal spam skills (my current m.atk is around 6-7K due to an unrefined weapon). I'm fairly sure that it adds nearly 4k to my Ironwood hit, and 6-7k per Ironwood crit. Add high -% channel gear and this damage quickly adds up. I have ripped agro off barbs many levels higher then me for fun.

Demon Lucky Scarab - Demon makes this into a spam skill. High damage, low cooldown. Bosses can't be stunned, so obviosly vs bosses the Demon version is superior.

In PvP its a toss up; 1 second more stun is hardly noticible, but delivering high damage 2 seconds faster can overcome a charm tick - your ticket to killing high HP classes.

Demon Summer Sprint - Your anti stun. With BMs, Archers and now Sins practically relying on stunning your butt to survive, this skill is very, very handy.

Demon Ironwood - Self explanatory really; any class dependent on high p.def who gets hit by this is toast. The loss of the constant debuff is hard at first, but the first time you see a barb go to zero and have the nix set on him, you understand that its more then worth it. In TW you will fight alongside other Demon venos; increasing the chance of the going off on that high HP barb.

Sage venos might argue that they get this skill in the form of Myriad Rainbow, but A) its not cheap (both coin and MP wise) and B) Demon can get it too, giving Demon 3 skills that lower p.def to 0, while sage still has only 2.

Demon Foxform - Combine this with Demon Summer sprint and you have a constant 10.4m/s run speed - you're faster then some maxed out landmounts. Its faster then genie Holy Path in the long run, and very useful to get to get from A->B when you can't ride your mount. You can also drop HP from your genie and replace it with something more useful.

You become the fastest running class with this skill combo.

Demon Parastitic Nova - Amp, stun, high damage all rolled into one. You will RB a lot endgame, doing Delta where chi is no issue. This skill is invaluble there. Even outside RB you can spark off, eat a chi pot then throw this badboy in TW into a group of people - you get the idea of the destruction it will casue.

Demon Bramble Guard - Simply superior to Sage version; lasts shorter but much more effective.

Demon Metabolic Boost/Natures Grace - Lower cooldown. You can perform the NG->ST->MB combo 90 seconds faster then Sage. You basically never have to worry about running out of MP again.

Demon Amplify - This is very debatable but the consensus is that if you are the only veno in the squad, Demon Amp will produce better results. Considering RB, where you will mostly be the only veno in the squad, this version is superior then Sage version.

Ouside RB you will struggle to find a Sage veno with Sage Amplify; its too expensive and demand too high.

Demo Crush Vigor - Free spark every minute.

Demon Wood Mastery - One of your main reasons to go Demon. In high end PvP the person who wins is usually the person who can overcome the HP charm. For that you need crit and spike damage. Sage does more damage overall, but when it comes to spikes, Demon wins.

There are more sublte bonuses for Demon too; perphaps if I had more time I would have written more about them. I'm sure I missed some good Demon skills too. One thing: Demon Lending Hand, a skill that I have yet to get. I'm not sure if it transfers 2 sparks and loses you 2 sparks or it transfers 2 sparks and you lose 1 spark. Perhaps someone can clean this one up.

---

Many Sage venos say that they went Sage just for the 20% HP debuff. If anything, I find this silly. There is a whole other class who specializes in reducing HP.

Archers, both Demon and Sage, get a lvl100 skill that reduces HP by 18%. Failing that, any archer can lower HP by 16%. And endgane, when facing big bad bosses, you will have an archer next to you to make things go much faster.

So basically you go Sage to shave off 2% (4% at best) HP off a boss at endgame. Great? And don't say anything about a WB; there will be other Sage venos there to debuff it.

Sage skills also cost a hell lot more; even if they are inferior to Demon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Can't we just ignore this thread and refer to the countless other debates?

It's wasteful for us to have to address things like how Demon Ironwood yields such a low chance of armor break and can be (and often is) overwritten in a squad, or how the difference in Amp is negligible, etc etc.

I'm a sage veno, I love Demon Venomous. It almost seems unfair at Public Quest. b:kissb:cute
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Lythiaana - Dreamweaver
    Lythiaana - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It really depends on your play style. I just heard that demon provides much more benefits to pvp style players. Sage provides a lot of chi gaining skills and is pretty helpful to those pve-ers like myself.

Read the threads. This one is really useful in distinguishing the differences.

Sage or Demon
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    axt57 wrote: »
    This forum (for some odd reason) is very sage veno sided. Since a lot has been said about Sage, I'll talk Demon.

Some of the Demon benefits:

Demon Venoumous - I consider this nearly OP; it's a constant 100% chance debuff that adds about 2-3k more damage to any mob with normal spam skills (my current m.atk is around 6-7K due to an unrefined weapon). I'm fairly sure that it adds nearly 4k to my Ironwood hit, and 6-7k per Ironwood crit. Add high -% channel gear and this damage quickly adds up. I have ripped agro off barbs many levels higher then me for fun.

Demon Lucky Scarab - Demon makes this into a spam skill. High damage, low cooldown. Bosses can't be stunned, so obviosly vs bosses the Demon version is superior.

I call BS on this. My wizards undine only adds 3k damage PVE on my lvl 10 divine pyro which is comparable to demon/sage ironwood. 10 second cooldown is far from a spam skill.

lvl 10 divine pryo :
    Using the divine secrets of Fire cast a searing spell on the enemy
    to inflict Fire damage equal to base magic damage plus 300%
    of weapon damage plus 2994.7.

lvl 11 ironwood :
    Throw a splinted bug at the enemy inflicting Wood damage equal to base magic damage plus 300% of weapon damage plus 2770.0.

Pure magic wizard with a +10 lunar wand with 1 sapphire gem and my magic attack unbuffed is 11k. Undine reduces magic def of fire/earth/water 60%. Venos are only 30% for wood so how are u doing more damage with that debuff then mine? My wand has such a little range that it is very reliable to compare how much damage my undine does and how much i do without it.

I'm not arguing for or against demon or sage but this just too much bs.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I call BS on this. My wizards undine only adds 3k damage PVE on my lvl 10 divine pyro which is comparable to demon/sage ironwood. 10 second cooldown is far from a spam skill.

lvl 10 divine pryo :

lvl 11 ironwood :
    Throw a splinted bug at the enemy inflicting Wood damage equal to base magic damage plus 300% of weapon damage plus 2770.0.

Pure magic wizard with a +10 lunar wand with 1 sapphire gem and my magic attack unbuffed is 11k. Undine reduces magic def of fire/earth/water 60%. Venos are only 30% for wood so how are u doing more damage with that debuff then mine? My wand has such a little range that it is very reliable to compare how much damage my undine does and how much i do without it.

lol wut? this is veno sage vs veno demon. not veno vs wiz.

also, i went sage. and i love it. originally i had planned on going demon but finding out that ironwood was a gamble changed my mind. the only thing i feel im missing out on is the speed that demon venos have when they go fox/revert every 6 seconds for that extra speed boost. but that doesnt really.. do anything else.

and to the one who mentioned the tokens pack (advanced mystical pages to get a bundle of skill books), you do not get the full set. no venemous, ironwood, blazing, frost scarabs. im pretty sure fox form was also not in there. no bramble either. it's only 12 books, and we have more than 12 sage/demon skills.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    and to the one who mentioned the tokens pack (advanced mystical pages to get a bundle of skill books), you do not get the full set. no venemous, ironwood, blazing, frost scarabs. im pretty sure fox form was also not in there. no bramble either. it's only 12 books, and we have more than 12 sage/demon skills.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=5117672#post5117672
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol wut? this is veno sage vs veno demon. not veno vs wiz.

also, i went sage. and i love it. originally i had planned on going demon but finding out that ironwood was a gamble changed my mind. the only thing i feel im missing out on is the speed that demon venos have when they go fox/revert every 6 seconds for that extra speed boost. but that doesnt really.. do anything else.

Yeah duh but the person said the 30% debuff adds almost 4k to their ironwood. If my wiz's debuff at 60% doesn't do that then its pure bs.
  • axt57
    edited January 2010
    Options

lvl 10 divine pryo :

lvl 11 ironwood :

First thing, Ironwood has 8 seconds cooldown and since I can fit it neatly between 2 venomous scarabs, I deem it as a spam skill.

Secondly, I was talking about damage after being buffed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Went Sage for pk when everyone told me not to. They told me that i would suck as a pk veno going sage.

They were wrong....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yeah duh but the person said the 30% debuff adds almost 4k to their ironwood. If my wiz's debuff at 60% doesn't do that then its pure bs.
    That's the problem with anecdotal evidence - people tell you just enough to get you excited, without giving enough details for you to verify what's really going on.

Here's a theoretical calc I ran on my attack spreadsheet. 95 Veno with a NP+5 (1075-1094 weap attack) and two demon heart rings for 7405-7506 magic attack (according to pwcalc). Base average damage for demon spells is:

Venomous: 13843
    Ironwood: 16849

Against a level 95 earth mob with 1500 wood resist, these become (before/after 30% Demon debuff):
    Venomous: 9925 / 10846 (921 more, or a 9.3% increase)
    Ironwood: 12080 / 13201 (1121 more, a 9.3% increase)

Against a level 95 metal mob with 2500 wood resist:
    Venomous: 8350 / 9478 (1128 more, a 13.5% increase)
    Ironwood: 10163 / 11536 (1373 more, a 13.5% increase)

Against a level 95 wood mob with 4000 wood resist:
    Venomous: 6744 / 7970 (1226 more, an 18.2% increase)
    Ironwood: 8208 / 9701 (1492 more, an 18.2% increase)

So I too find it extremely unlikely that the debuff is causing Ironwood to hit for nearly 4k more damage. Even if you stacked on Amp and Extreme Poison, you're only looking at about +2200 best case. Buffs would have to almost double your damage for you to get to 4k.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Basically, the way I've always been told, and the skills seem to confirm this...

Sage = Steady constant damage, support oriented.

Demon = High risk, extreme reward. Pain oriented.

Judging by the Venos I've known, both Sage, and Demon, this holds to be true. The + Crit on Demon, compared to the solid numbers in Sage, the various effects being a chance to completely destroy resists in Demon, as opposed to he lengthened, but reduced effects in Sage...

Demon is a gamble, but the payoff is tremendous. It still has power even when the effects don't work, and really, your luck will determine if the average of those times is better compared to Sage's relatively risk-free style.
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    AndyNagato - Lost City Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    each side has its one benefits, but from what ive noticed, more seem to go sage. this class is one of the most balanced between the two so id suggest refering to the arcane/robe veno guide. or ecatomb.net, both have a nice little skill compendium. decide from there.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    First thing, Ironwood has 8 seconds cooldown and since I can fit it neatly between 2 venomous scarabs, I deem it as a spam skill.

Secondly, I was talking about damage after being buffed.

Not talking about ironwood when i said 10 second cooldown was talking about lucky scarab.

Edit - What does being buffed have to do with it? What you got 7-8k magic attack now? I have 11k unbuffed that is more then what u got and i still dont 4k extra on a mob my lvl with undine debuff >.>......if you triple sparked that be diff but regularly no way.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That's the problem with anecdotal evidence - people tell you just enough to get you excited, without giving enough details for you to verify what's really going on.

Here's a theoretical calc I ran on my attack spreadsheet. 95 Veno with a NP+5 (1075-1094 weap attack) and two demon heart rings for 7405-7506 magic attack (according to pwcalc). Base average damage for demon spells is:

Venomous: 13843
    Ironwood: 16849

Against a level 95 earth mob with 1500 wood resist, these become (before/after 30% Demon debuff):
    Venomous: 9925 / 10846 (921 more, or a 9.3% increase)
    Ironwood: 12080 / 13201 (1121 more, a 9.3% increase)

Against a level 95 metal mob with 2500 wood resist:
    Venomous: 8350 / 9478 (1128 more, a 13.5% increase)
    Ironwood: 10163 / 11536 (1373 more, a 13.5% increase)

Against a level 95 wood mob with 4000 wood resist:
    Venomous: 6744 / 7970 (1226 more, an 18.2% increase)
    Ironwood: 8208 / 9701 (1492 more, an 18.2% increase)

So I too find it extremely unlikely that the debuff is causing Ironwood to hit for nearly 4k more damage. Even if you stacked on Amp and Extreme Poison, you're only looking at about +2200 best case. Buffs would have to almost double your damage for you to get to 4k.

b:shocked Math!!! Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu *runs and hides*......

Seriously though ty you've always been helpful.
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    One thing: Demon Lending Hand, a skill that I have yet to get. I'm not sure if it transfers 2 sparks and loses you 2 sparks or it transfers 2 sparks and you lose 1 spark. Perhaps someone can clean this one up.

It transfers 2 sparks at the cost of only 1 spark. In this case, the same benefit applies to both Sage and Demon Venos; a chance of transferring an (additional) spark with no spark cost.

I went Sage for the Sage chi skill, 100% Leech, Foxform offensive and defensive benefits, the additional 20% Magic Attack power on Sage Pet Heal, and Summer Sprint purify.

Sometimes I sorta wish I went Demon for the Foxform speed and Nova Amp, but it doesn't bother me that much. I probably would've been satisfied regardless of which cultivation path I chose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I've chosen sage because i'm heavy armor and i love territory war.

Why is sage so good for those two things?
    Fox form, melee mastery and leech make my life a lot easier when i'm in fox form. I enjoy the extra damage and the extra pdef i get, and the 100% from leech is something i can rely on. Also note that i like to grind/dps in fox form.

In territory war, sage amp compared to demon amp is more useful i think because you're not supposed to take 26 seconds to take out your target. Purge is a fifty/fifty for me. Shorter cooldown is pretty nice of course. But i love it when i can purge someone in TW with people surrounding that person.

Demon soul degen would be useless to me. So having sage soul degen right now is a god's bless in boss killing. And still somewhat useful in tw.

I'm the kind of person that usually removes debuffs after i got debuffed. Because a lot of times you can't predict when you get debuffed. And honestly, i rather use vac powders since it has a longer effect then 6 seconds before i expect to get stunned or whatever. So sage summer sprint had my preference above demon summer sprint.

As for caster skills, i like the risk free way of doing damage. I'll have to admit that demon venomous is really nice, and ironwood can be a real killer. Sage blazing and noxious have a nice extra damage however.

Demon bramble, nature's grace and metabolic boost are way better then the sage version. But personally that didn't weight up to the useful sage skills by far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
    edited January 2010
    Options
    sleepcat wrote: »
    the additional 20% Magic Attack power on Sage Pet Heal,
    Sage pet heal? Is that a secret skill? More info please!
    Why is sage so good for those two things?
    Fox form, melee mastery and leech make my life a lot easier when i'm in fox form. I enjoy the extra damage and the extra pdef i get,
    The obvious skills (pdef from Fox Form and attack from Melee Mastery) favor Sage. But Sage triple spark gives 900% bonus to magic attack and 500% bonus to physical attack, while Demon triple spark gives 700% bonus to magic attack and 650% bonus to physical attack.

So it really is a mixed bag, and demon has plusses for fox form too. Demon Fox Wallop (20% chance to make all your hits critical for next 5 sec) is probably the best PvP skill a veno can get. The skill can be spammed every 3 seconds, so you should be able to spend 33% of your time in auto-crit mode. I went Sage for the consistency, but I think a Demon fox taking full advantage of this could outdo Sage's Melee Mastery. At 240 str, Sage Melee Mastery works out to a 21% increase in melee damage compared to level 10, 12% increase compared to Demon.
  • Meilidaiyu - Sanctuary
    Meilidaiyu - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I think that, after weighing the pros and cons of sage/demon, I think I'm going demon. It's seems to be a lot more powerful, overall, which is what I'm looking for. There are some skills that are dicey, but if they work, it's way worth it. Also, the fact that the skills are cheaper is something to consider; the extra money I'd be spending on a skill book can be used to make my gear better.

Damewort, that is an awesome page you have and it really helped me in deciding which path to take. Thank you for taking the time to put that together! ^^

Solandri, thank you for putting the Book Farming post together as well; it is a nice summary and works great as a quick reference! =D

Thank you all for your input! It was all extremely helpful! b:victory
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    even if i go heavy again one day i still like demon skills more than sage for fox form.
    - that extra pdef from sage fox form is almost overkill if you are already heavy so its better as pure arcane imo, we are talking about 120% vs 150%.
    - accuracy is nice 200% vs 250%, you have better accuracy as sage but keep in mid that heavy venos have probably 1k (or under) accuracy which is very very low. going 100% more accuracy with rings helps but its still low, the only way to increase it is to go light or increase dex... or learn demon soul degeneration.
    - now melee mastery, 200% vs 150% and 3% more crits. this favor sage for melee hits but all skills use base physical damage in calculation so no point in that imo

what i want to say, imo sage is better for melee hits (maybe not sparks) but i like demon fox form skills more. keep in mind that no wizard gonna stand there to melee him, they just jump away. same with blademasters, and not to mention tiger barbs that have almost same speed as demon fox. every class can find a way to run from a lol melee veno that has no range damage skill in fox form. even demon fox form i find it better for tw, combine that with demon summer sprint. so forget about heavy melee venos coz i never heard of a succesful veno like that

how many times you use sage soul degeneration? if you do bh/fb you dont do them alone, if you do TT is faster in squad. if you go solo, at some bosses its almost impossible to throw a skill between heals unless you have -channeling or high lvl with good gear. but since ppl decide to go solo, what is 20% more time from your already wasted time soloing?

it is all playstyle in the end but ppl from pve servers tend to go more sage than demon. tho.. i disagree with axt57 in general but its true that a lucky crit over a demon ironwood can kill even good barbs, imagine that on poor arcane but that its just luck while sage has a more stable damage. also count what pots do you use and what genies skills do you like when you go sage/demon. btw im demon so probably i tend to favor demon over sage but both have good skills so its hard choise.
  • axt57
    edited January 2010
    Options
    kenlee wrote: »
    i disagree with axt57

What exactly do you disagree on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    - accuracy is nice 200% vs 250%, you have better accuracy as sage but keep in mid that heavy venos have probably 1k (or under) accuracy which is very very low. going 100% more accuracy with rings helps but its still low, the only way to increase it is to go light or increase dex... or learn demon soul degeneration.
    Never had problems with my accuracy against archers in TW in fox form.
    - now melee mastery, 200% vs 150% and 3% more crits. this favor sage for melee hits but all skills use base physical damage in calculation so no point in that imo
    It's a waste of time to use skills for pure dps. I only use them for the effect that i want at that moment.
    keep in mind that no wizard gonna stand there to melee him, they just jump away. same with blademasters, and not to mention tiger barbs that have almost same speed as demon fox.
    Usually they run away, but that's also a good thing in TW because it means he's ineffective at that moment, leaving his guildies. Same for archers, but lots of them actually stand their ground and i killed quite a few in fox form. As for bm's and barbs, going fox form on them is a waste of time.
    Holy path does wonders to catch people up btw.
    so forget about heavy melee venos coz i never heard of a succesful veno like that
    I can call myself rather succesful. But i only go melee fox form when i can be succesful. Over 95% of the time my damage comes from magic, and when i go fox form, 90% of the time it's to do something else instead of doing damage.
    I guess it didn't work out for you if you ever TW'd before as heavy veno.
    how many times you use sage soul degeneration?
    A lot. On every boss. I love it, even if it saves me 1 minute. Been doing world bosses more lately, and on those it's incredibly useful.
    And having sage soul degen has nothing to do with being in a squad or going solo. Even in squad it's really good to have it, especially if there is no archer. Bosses in 3-2 and 3-3 can take a couple minutes to take down.

Both sage and demon are really nice. But if I consider genie skills and remedy together with the skills, i find sage more usefull for myself and my playstyle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What exactly do you disagree on?
    when we were arguing in the past about build and so on but now we kinda getting to a common point
    It's a waste of time to use skills for pure dps. I only use them for the effect that i want at that moment.

I can call myself rather succesful. But i only go melee fox form when i can be succesful. Over 95% of the time my damage comes from magic, and when i go fox form, 90% of the time it's to do something else instead of doing damage.
    I guess it didn't work out for you if you ever TW'd before as heavy veno.

A lot. On every boss. I love it, even if it saves me 1 minute. Been doing world bosses more lately, and on those it's incredibly useful.
    yep, i do that too and i dont see any effect getting changed by being arcane or heavy.
    for arcane, most damage comes from magic too and they also no need to do damage in fox form.
    so thats exactly my point, ppl are calculating dps as melee veno and all the others stuff... i mean wth, nobody will stand there to take hits from a melee veno. fox form skills effects and human damage skills are the way to go imo.

for world bosses in bosses in general we have plenty of sage venos in guild and only a few demons, also count archers that can decrese hp. it is a good skill if you decide to solo while demon part is good for pvp only
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You might want to see the Ecatomb Fansite which has a great, functional, and accurate list of all the skills and what changes as you go demon/sage...

http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php

I know a lot of venos go demon, but sage also has its benefits. For me, I'll probably go demon.... for a stupid reason... but I like the demon spark eruption :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint