Tideborn shouldn't have wings ! :(

Options
Risingson - Lost City
Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Suggestion Box
I think it sucks that we have wings, doesn't make sense. It would have been better to let the elves and the elves only have that feature. We should have flying mounts !

Cut our wings ! xD
Risingson - 7x Psychic
Indalecio - 3x Cleric
Post edited by Risingson - Lost City on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I think it sucks that we have wings, doesn't make sense. It would have been better to let the elves and the elves only have that feature. We should have flying mounts !

Cut our wings ! xD

no....
    fishies in real life has wings and don't ride other fishies.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    no....
    fishies in real life has wings and don't ride other fishies.

Could say something about that last bit...but I'll keep it to myself, lol.

And I love flying fisher-thingys! They're so cute! Looks like a Pokemon!

-I don't like a lot of the TB wings 'cept the ones you get from the Supply Box...no idea if/when those are coming out. Was really hoping for like, flying seahorses or something...xDD
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    they look overly small...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Cyl - Raging Tide
    Cyl - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I agree.

I think they shouldn't fly at all. I think they should have to travel by sea.

I know it would be crippling, but an alternative would be flying in bubbles like their meditation.

To be honest there should be a limit to flying. There are some things in the game I noticed that are supposed to limit flight time but don't.

IMO I don't think everyone should be able to fly. Because for some reason they made all attacks weaker in flight when in reality they would strengthen attack and speed because if you really knew how a bird fights it does sweeps with crippling damage to it's target. If anything flying should be more various in creatures.

Rather than riding a beast perhaps the untamed should tern into birds or other flying animals, after all who is to say that all untamed should be mammals?

As for the seaborne, they are psychic, they should be able to make giant bubbles to travel in easily.
  • LordChronis - Dreamweaver
    LordChronis - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    To be honest there should be a limit to flying. There are some things in the game I noticed that are supposed to limit flight time but don't.

Like?

IMO I don't think everyone should be able to fly. Because for some reason they made all attacks weaker in flight when in reality they would strengthen attack and speed because if you really knew how a bird fights it does sweeps with crippling damage to it's target. If anything flying should be more various in creatures.

Its reduced attack cause its 1.5X regular exp they don't want you killing them all easily and jet leveling (aside from, the oraclers >.>)and only elves are birds, but if you remember theres a winged tiger quest soooooooooooo you take from that whatever you want

Rather than riding a beast perhaps the untamed should tern into birds or other flying animals, after all who is to say that all untamed should be mammals?

Tigers, Pandas, Wolfs nor Lions turn into birds >.>, so there fine on the flying w/e they fly on weather it be manta, bird, or bug.

As for the seaborne, they are psychic, they should be able to make giant bubbles to travel in easily.

Sinz aren't psychic O.O so what do they get ? Surely it wouldn't be a psychic bubble.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Everything is based on mind, is led by mind, is fashioned by mind. If you speak and act with a pure mind, happiness will follow you, as a shadow clings to a form.
  • Eshlay - Lost City
    Eshlay - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's been suggested to have bubbles instead of wings. And as I said before, yes they have wings, but Elves are more like angels, Tideborn more like pixies. xD

I like the bubble idea, though, or at least have them ride on dolphins or sharks or something. Like... Smaller fish go slower, but something larger goes faster? Or reverse. :3
    Eshlay- Lv. 92 Venomancer (Quit/Retired)

Playing for: 2 years.

Completely uninstalled. Still lurking the forums from time to time. Might come back if some things are done right for once.
  • LordChronis - Dreamweaver
    LordChronis - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    have them ride on dolphins or sharks or something. Like... Smaller fish go slower, but something larger goes faster? Or reverse. :3

d(^.^d) this idea i like , id love a flying shark , id play the jaws music every time i flew b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Everything is based on mind, is led by mind, is fashioned by mind. If you speak and act with a pure mind, happiness will follow you, as a shadow clings to a form.
  • Eshlay - Lost City
    Eshlay - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    d(^.^d) this idea i like , id love a flying shark , id play the jaws music every time i flew b:pleased

XDD That works too. I mean, for my Tideborn, I wouldn't mind a lionfish or angelfish or something like that. :3
    Eshlay- Lv. 92 Venomancer (Quit/Retired)

Playing for: 2 years.

Completely uninstalled. Still lurking the forums from time to time. Might come back if some things are done right for once.
  • KyIar - Lost City
    KyIar - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i think we shudve gotten wings that ressembled giant fins like the tideborn ears instead of looking like a badass assassin with pretty, sparkly, girly wings.
    It ruins the feeling u get from assassins.

I got this from my guild forum about joking around.

"I'm about to kill you, any last words?"

"Yea, since when do assassins have butterfly wings?"

"Pwned!! XD"

":("
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    We got ripped off in a lot of ways :(
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Drsok - Harshlands
    Drsok - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    We got ripped off in a lot of ways :(
    yea i kno what u mean :/

what if they would like have some machiene to ride on ive been to the city it looks liek i could make some flying metal shark

i would rather have it where they did some crazy messed up flying back wards thing then the wings
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    to be more accurate to the theme... I'd like a surf board on Psychics and Assassins....
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i think we shudve gotten wings that ressembled giant fins like the tideborn ears instead of looking like a badass assassin with pretty, sparkly, girly wings.
    It ruins the feeling u get from assassins.

I got this from my guild forum about joking around.

"I'm about to kill you, any last words?"

"Yea, since when do assassins have butterfly wings?"

"Pwned!! XD"

":("

QQ not butterfly wings....
    fairy of death.....b:surrender

well mayhaps you guys should only PvP on the ground?
    loool
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KyIar - Lost City
    KyIar - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    to be more accurate to the theme... I'd like a surf board on Psychics and Assassins....

You gotta remember that surfboards wouldnt fit in this time setting
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You gotta remember that surfboards wouldnt fit in this time setting

Um the clothes we wear dont fit the setting as well >_> so maybe we should get rid of fashion and replace it with clothes the chinese wore back thenb:laugh

Personally i'd love to see something like maybe like a water bubble or a cloud or maybe we can levitate and fly that way.
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I am 100% agree. b:angry
    Not just because it a wing, but it just a 2d model and moving unnatural. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • RaptorEMW - Sanctuary
    RaptorEMW - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I might be alone with this, but I'd like to see the Tideborn have a much better Tide Form than have wings at all. Tide Form, to me, seems to be almost wasted since it both prevents the use of skills and is slower than running speed. I just think that an aquatic creature should be more at home with the sea than with land and air.

I'm sorry if I'm mistaken on anything here.

That's my 2 cents.
  • RaikouWolf - Sanctuary
    RaikouWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ya, a better tideform is definetley needed, current form is more of a disadvantage, and fish should b able to meditate under water at LEAST.

game programmer ppl, i know its hard to make good stuff on a rush, but its your fault, dont blab about upcoming big type stuff untill ur very close to finished. that way we dont have to wait so long and bugg you so much. and that way u have more time to make it not crappy lol
  • Akazne - Raging Tide
    Akazne - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hmmm i say like dragon-like wings instead of puny fairy wings, cuz atleast dragon-like wings look more tideborne than glowing fairy wings and plus in the water near the city of raging tides there is a sea dragon down there
  • SovereignVis - Sanctuary
    SovereignVis - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's been suggested to have bubbles instead of wings. And as I said before, yes they have wings, but Elves are more like angels, Tideborn more like pixies. xD

I like the bubble idea, though, or at least have them ride on dolphins or sharks or something. Like... Smaller fish go slower, but something larger goes faster? Or reverse. :3

When I first heard of the Tideborn like 2 mouths before they had info on them in the website, I though of all kind of things that they might have. What would they look like, What kind of skill they would have, and how they would fly? b:question And I though a bubble with fish, sharks, dolphins, squid etc. . . swimming in the bubble is what I though it should be. But when they put info on the info of them on the website saying they would have wings I was disappointed. Wings again? the winged elves already have wings. b:infuriated

They should have asked me what kind of mounts the Tideborn should use. b:lipcurl

This is the what I posted on a Thread about the Tideborn wings being lame.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6719092#post6719092

Look I have 2 mount designs already. And I can think of a lot more.

Darkwater Shark
    DarkwaterShark.jpg

Eightarm's Ink
    EightarmsInk.jpg

If they can't think of an idea I always have too many, let me know what you think of my idea. b:victory
  • Eritheia - Lost City
    Eritheia - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ..Serpents...?
  • Ultimalozza - Heavens Tear
    Ultimalozza - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i thought the idea would have been easily obvious, tideborn are fish, so they can swim around the sky by sprouting fins, it makes sense and is unique?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Why shouldn't TB fly with wing ?

1. Because their flying model copy elf model.
    2. Their aerocraft was so crappy, they were just a 2D model stacked up together with effect.
    3. They were look so cheap compared to other race aerocraft that at last has proper looks and reflecting the race personality.
    4. Another reason why TB wing was cheaper (other than so people buy) because actually it cost the developer less time and fund to make TB wings ? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Umariil - Lost City
    Umariil - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    One word

JETPACKS
  • Audjra - Raging Tide
    Audjra - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Jet packs or flying snakes. I don't like the whole sea-critter in a bubble thing, there are enough ridiculous sparkles and junk in town as it is.
  • Aquaja - Dreamweaver
    Aquaja - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i agree. i dont like the bubble things, but i like my wings(although they are a bit small)
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I actually quite like the idea of riding somekind of fish surround by bubles (like the one when we in meditation mode), or flower platform
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I actually quite like the idea of riding somekind of fish surround by bubles (like the one when we in meditation mode), or flower platform

Wait, was that... for real?

I do like the idea, but I bet most people would not appreciate to fly on lilly pads, and they would have to make them water related ones, like a lotus, seaweed, water lilies, and a Sacred Lotus as the max mega mount.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jebstyle
    jebstyle Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i kinda dont like the idea of flying bubbles for assassins, the bubbles makes think of slowness, which does not suit an assassin at all.

but they're still better than the wings though b:pleased

its just really hard to think of a swift aerocraft that suits fish assassin b:lipcurl
  • Deadlyexotic - Lost City
    Deadlyexotic - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Swordfish, Barracuda's, Sharks, are pretty fast dangerous fish that would suite an assassing i think.

Or how about an octupus or squid that goes in/out in a camoflouge way as to resemble an assassin stealthiness.