Class Personalities

Options

Comments

• Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:thanks and even though I know it was just movie-ish type things you know its eerie how personalities are similar to the actual people with the class.

Very good work Kephras as always your a credit to untamed everywhere :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • othella
    othella Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ●Wizard (Female) - The studious librarian type. Older than all other characters (except possibly the Barb), and dislikes 'interruptions.' Dispatches enemies with a casual flick of the wrist, and a "May I go back to doing something IMPORTANT now?"

I like all of them, but this one really made me smile. :D
    IGN: [Undecided]
    Class: [Undecided] Most definitely trying the Bard and Marksman classes. Also interested in the Assassin, Mage, Priest, and Protector.

Looking to join a guild once the game is officially released - one that is friendly, mature, and doesn't take itself too seriously. Recruit me?
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:thanks and even though I know it was just movie-ish type things you know its eerie how personalities are similar to the actual people with the class.

Very good work Kephras as always your a credit to untamed everywhere :P

Heh, thanks. b:thanks
    TBH, I find it kinda funny (and quite cool) that for the most part, they seem to match up well to players. I put the edit up simply as a reminder that it's not meant to be taken as a personal slight if I happen to be wrong about any one person in particular, as it wasn't the intent of the thread in the first place.

Also: Credit to untamed, eh? b:shy Now I feel all warm & fuzzy.
    Oh wait, that's the fur...
  • Noob - Heavens Tear
    Noob - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Right now I main as an assassin but I'd say I'm more of a Venomancer type. My old PW-MY main was a Veno, I haven't much changed since then.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Fur, I just wanna smoosh it >_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That was a refreshing read.

Although if I were to describe just myself, I wouldn't say I was the leading type. I feel more like the second man. Maybe third to the Leader [so fourth]... Loyal bodyguard type.

Like...... Dian Wei from Dynasty Warriors.

The "natural" leader.
    -Only if the situation calls for it.

Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial.
    -For the first two, yes. But not always jovial.

Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.
    -Honestly, I try my best not to let anyone die, but sometimes I try to save my own hide [no pun intended] if I predict something horribly wrong will happen. But not at the cost of someone elses life.
    Belligero
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That was a refreshing read.

Although if I were to describe just myself, I wouldn't say I was the leading type. I feel more like the second man. Maybe third to the Leader [so fourth]... Loyal bodyguard type.

Like...... Dian Wei from Dynasty Warriors.

The "natural" leader.
    -Only if the situation calls for it.

Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial.
    -For the first two, yes. But not always jovial.

Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.
    -Honestly, I try my best not to let anyone die, but sometimes I try to save my own hide [no pun intended] if I predict something horribly wrong will happen. But not at the cost of someone elses life.

me has found Belligero?
    633496915213841156-paladin.jpg
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoadTamer - Sanctuary
    RoadTamer - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

●Veno (+Herc) - A spoiled ditz with a superiority complex. Believes she's better than everyone while relying solely on the hulking slab of meat at her side. Useful, but always demands to be the center of attention.

Nice list of class descriptions.. only part that I will admit to is the bit about relying on the slab of meat b:laugh
    My name is Road and I am a herc addict b:surrender
  • Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear
    Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    "Archers: You will steal aggro, and die."
    "Assassins: You will be asked to tank. And die."
    "BMs: You will... be you. And die. Repeatedly."
    "Wizards: You will MAKE everything die. And the party will wish you'd died instead."
    "Psychics: You will NOT die... but nobody will care."
    "Clerics: You will heal someone, take aggro, and die."
    "Barbs: You will die, tanking. Then EVERYONE dies."
    "Venos: You will watch everyone die. And laugh."
    Roflmao. XD
  • NoirAquarius - Dreamweaver
    NoirAquarius - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ●Cleric (Female) - The mother of the group, often venting her frustration with "her children" as their myriad other personalities continually put them at risk, while she's left cleaning up the mess (sometimes with the electric rain of Tempest and a good tongue-lashing for her wayward squad).

...mommy? b:chuckle cant help but yell when other classes tell you how to heal a barb not my job to grab everyone at the drop of a dime, if you dont wanna die leave the hit taking to the tank b:chuckle --*Goal*...KEEP TANK ALIVE!!!!
    "Why blind them with Brilliance when you can baffle them with Bullsh*t"~

"Can't fight a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent." ;D
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I love this topic, and the opening post. I'm not sure how much I agree with the TB's descriptions, but then again, I haven't worked with many TB yet, and don't often play my female psy.

I totally fit my stereotype - Veno with a quadruped. My starter wolf is definitely my best friend, and I wouldn't trade him for anything. I'm quite proud of him and myself, as we accomplish a lot of thing most of my faction members don't expect, and they all respect my wolf and I. I often hear comments like, "that damn Wolfani is a beast", referring to him and the damage he deals.

And I love how when I read all the stereotypes, I know a friend who fits perfectly. XD Makes me laugh.

It'd be nice if people didn't take things quite so personally, though. XD It's all fun and games.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Namidatears - Harshlands
    Namidatears - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    "Archers: You will steal aggro, and die."
    "Assassins: You will be asked to tank. And die."
    "BMs: You will... be you. And die. Repeatedly."
    "Wizards: You will MAKE everything die. And the party will wish you'd died instead."
    "Psychics: You will NOT die... but nobody will care."
    "Clerics: You will heal someone, take aggro, and die."
    "Barbs: You will die, tanking. Then EVERYONE dies."
    "Venos: You will watch everyone die. And laugh."

I have a lvl 68 Sin.
    If assassing tanks,lol so idiot,...sin stealth before hp runs out...others die.
    Veno part if for sin too:go stealth and watch everyone dies.I see this very times in my bh51 when the barbs, "natural leaders" xD fails.
    jaja I remember the other day in bh51 when I do a critical atv wyvern and quit the agro....well...I go steath and the agro come back to the barb.
    But...the other Sin in the squad....she pull agro too,but the noob,dont go stealth....she run away with wyvern and make all squad die.Me?..Im in stealth and no die..and no laught...Im only want to see again this fail sin die:angry
    =Palynzer= b:bye
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I agree with the male Wizards...though I tend to still be kinda reserved after I WTFPWN something.

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ●Veno (+Herc) - A spoiled ditz with a superiority complex. Believes she's better than everyone while relying solely on the hulking slab of meat at her side. Useful, but always demands to be the center of attention.

●Veno (+Quadruped Mammal) - A quiet, friendly girl who adores her animal companion. The two are inseparable, and unstoppable as a team. (Storyline cliche would usually result in pet sacrificing itself, much sorrow and anguish)

●Veno (+Insect) - A dark, elegant, and mysterious woman who takes disturbing pleasure in putting the "Venom" in Venomancer. Has at least one 'favorite' creepy-crawly she refers to as "my pet/love/precious" and makes every effort to seduce one of the other party members for her own ambitions (may be either selfish, or downright evil, or both)

lol. i dont really think that it would/should go by what pet a veno chooses to use. maybe which body model. like the bat ears one = emo type/"seductive" (nice word for another 4 letter one that starts with S), the big fluffy tail one and the antelope horns = cutesy types. bunny ears = attitude problem. coyote = idk. i am one so i cant really prescribe a description.
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I seem to fit the male cleric descriptions better than the female one. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • _Whisper_ - Raging Tide
    _Whisper_ - Raging Tide Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have a lvl 68 Sin.
    If assassing tanks,lol so idiot,...sin stealth before hp runs out...others die.
    Veno part if for sin too:go stealth and watch everyone dies.I see this very times in my bh51 when the barbs, "natural leaders" xD fails.
    jaja I remember the other day in bh51 when I do a critical atv wyvern and quit the agro....well...I go steath and the agro come back to the barb.
    But...the other Sin in the squad....she pull agro too,but the noob,dont go stealth....she run away with wyvern and make all squad die.Me?..Im in stealth and no die..and no laught...Im only want to see again this fail sin die:angry

see my post after what he said b:thanks
    [SIGPIC]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/skyeuser/Whispercopy.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I got my Fishy Gills, And my Flippy Floppy's. Im a fish on land, no one can stop mehb:chuckle
  • Jaberwachy - Heavens Tear
    Jaberwachy - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

This fits me, although the leadership role seem to be thrust upon some barbs who are not able to handle the pressure of being the wall between victory and a complete party wipe

also for some barbs being called fail when party members do something completely ignorant, and expect the barb to come charging to the rescue isn't gonna help matters. lvl 30-60 barbs have a hard enough time, so be nice to the kitties
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The more posts I keep seeing about barbs who can't, won't, or are otherwise not apt for the desc, the more I want to adjust the original post.

But then, what would poeple post? b:surrender
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The more posts I keep seeing about barbs who can't, won't, or are otherwise not apt for the desc, the more I want to adjust the original post.

But then, what would poeple post? b:surrender

I still think you should add my descriptions of Venos :P They can be found on page 7 lol.

~S
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ●Veno (+Hercules) - An Intelligent warm hearted person that is sadly surrounded by lesser beings. The Herc Veno knows she's better than everyone while relying solely on the hulking slab of meat at her side. Prefers to go it alone and rarely asks for help, but is often helpful.

●Veno (+Phoenix) - A psychopathic killer hell bent on destroying anything and everything in her path. She will destroy anyone that gets in her way or challenges her for what she wants. She kills kittens for fun.

●Veno (+Herc/Nix) - A tortured soul wrestling with their inner demons. Often enjoys having a split personality. Revels in being helpful and Evil at the same time. Will let her squad mates die (just for laughs) but at the same time has been known to die trying to save them. She is often seen standing and staring at the sun muttering "There can be only one!".

Fixed your descriptions... and added mine own.

I'm the Herc/Nix Veno of course.

Much better description of us Venos. I'm a Herc Veno and can totally relate to your description.
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    TurismoX - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hm, personality wise, I'd suit the Barb or BM (male) most.

Except I'm an Assassin in PW.

Still, I can see where you were going with this, appearance and skill wise.
  • Ukkie - Sanctuary
    Ukkie - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well, first of all, I laughed so hard I nearly wet my pants because of this thread :D

Very well done!

Second, my cleric char tends to lean to a more sophisticated and balanced character than before I was level 70. Sort of like a BM (Male) growing up. I just do full support for the time being.

My Female Wizard (lvl 66 atm) however is just a young peace of meat wanting to kill all things... more of a Female Archer/BM, but with more magic :D

My GF is the Herc Veno, but not all the stereotype, but much more like Saitada described her. Lack of Nix counts for something too I guess :)

Anway, I enjoy this thread a lot :D
    Gentlemen, I believe I am on fire
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    male hamster wizard b:avoid
    Before:
    hamsterdance2.gif
    After:
    hampton.gif
    after that:
    One+hamster+lying+down..jpg

(step 3 occasionally comes before step 1 and 2.)
    X_X'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I only read like the first 2 pages of this post b:surrender From what I saw the most common veno was omitted: Veno with phoenix b:embarrass

Although I have no idea how to describe those because they are all different. Some seem to have bought the bird cause they would kill mobs faster. Some others seem to have bought just because they can...and finally others for the most obvious reason: pvp...

Discuss/
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Great read. I found the Veno +Herc to be especially apt. I think, however, you need to change all the girl/she/her in the veno sections to guy/he/him. b:chuckle

Anyway, some adds of my own:

Veno (Bipedal Pet): A guy/girl who has lots of fun with his/her buddy...who happens to be a pet rock. Willing to sacrifice themself for the greater good (usually going after whatever mob has heal-aggroed the cleric). Views themself as the superior player to the herc-noobs while secretly wishing they could afford a herc themselves.

Veno (Male): The vast majority of the veno community. These enjoy messing with people ("Hey there you big furry panda you. Oh, btw, I'm a guy IRL. LMAO), but are generally ready to step into any role and attempt it admirably. They really shine, however, when luring, actually enjoying the concept of "bait."

Having played every class, I see myself falling into those stereotypes sometimes when I play x class. As far as the 2 I posted, these are pretty much me (as a guy who plays a veno), with the possible exception of wanting a herc. Sometimes I want one, but most of the time, I'm more than happy with my magmite, BOB. Bob is, after all, much beloved on the Dreamweaver server by me and my friends and guildies. Besides, I play my veno much too casually for a serious investment like that.

mm, I found this. This fits better the vast mayority of venos. After all, most are venomancers.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I fit the barb perfect to your description. I'm a natural leader. I run my own faction, make my own squads for whatever need be (TT/FF). I generally bank/tank anytime I can, and help in whatever way. I'm ready to die for the squad anytime needed be, and I'll try to protect everyone to the best of my ability. I keep my cool in all situations, and am always calm. Even when someone makes me mad, I stay calm.

I'm generally a jumpy, lively person who keeps the chat alive and booming... In GC as well as squad, or whatever ;).
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I so fit that wizard description. Especially the manic part.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MadamVixen - Heavens Tear
    MadamVixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

These are my thoughts, feel free to post your own:

●Wizard (Female) - The studious librarian type. Older than all other characters (except possibly the Barb), and dislikes 'interruptions.' Dispatches enemies with a casual flick of the wrist, and a "May I go back to doing something IMPORTANT now?"
    (note: I envision her very similar to Varsuvius, from OotS)

●Archer (Female) - The opposite of the Male Archer. Cold, calculating, and ruthless - a killer to the core. Says very little, especially while putting a bolt through a wraith's head at 1,000 paces. (Jason Bourne in tight leather armor. Be afraid. Be very afraid)

●Cleric (Female) - The mother of the group, often venting her frustration with "her children" as their myriad other personalities continually put them at risk, while she's left cleaning up the mess (sometimes with the electric rain of Tempest and a good tongue-lashing for her wayward squad).

●Assassin (Female) - Lighthearted and airy, she is a disturbing mix of innocence and violence. Though pleasant to be with, she makes the others thoroughly uncomfortable with her bloodsoaked duality.

●Psychic (Female) - Mysterious and elegant, she says very little. There is an air of timelessness about her that makes age impossible to determine. She never really feels like part of the group, merely a gifted individual following in their wake - a living deus ex machina whose abilities rarely come into play except in the most dire circumstances.

*Note to Herc Venos who might be offended - Yes, I know there are some of you who are VERY skilled and match other, more respectable profiles. Consider yourselves the exception to this stereotype and smile proudly about it.

*Smiles proudly as the Herc Veno stereotype is soooo NOT me in the LEAST* b:chuckle

As for the other classes I play...you hit them ALL on the mark for me b:cuteb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 Married to MasterLucian <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=ಢಿ.ಢಿ= <--- Foxy-Sauce-Face (Thx to **KonariRaiden** :D)
  • Aloque - Sanctuary
    Aloque - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm a bm and the director of a faction... I miss my days as a regular commissioner, things were so much easier back then. b:sad
This discussion has been closed.