Class Personalities

Comments

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ●Veno (+Hercules) - An Intelligent warm hearted person that is sadly surrounded by lesser beings. The Herc Veno knows she's better than everyone while relying solely on the hulking slab of meat at her side. Prefers to go it alone and rarely asks for help, but is often helpful.

●Veno (+Phoenix) - A psychopathic killer hell bent on destroying anything and everything in her path. She will destroy anyone that gets in her way or challenges her for what she wants. She kills kittens for fun.

●Veno (+Herc/Nix) - A tortured soul wrestling with their inner demons. Often enjoys having a split personality. Revels in being helpful and Evil at the same time. Will let her squad mates die (just for laughs) but at the same time has been known to die trying to save them. She is often seen standing and staring at the sun muttering "There can be only one!".

Fixed your descriptions... and added mine own.

I'm the Herc/Nix Veno of course.
  • Estasi - Sanctuary
    Estasi - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think Itto would say that Kephras had me spot on with his discription of a veno with a herc. BUT I got to agree with Saitada, Im a herc/nix veno and what you wrote I would have to agree with!b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way"
    ~ Jessica Rabbit
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    Ittoogami says I'm addicted to clothes, but I say a girl can never have enough outfits!
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No, Assasins are attention seeking emo idiots who think theyre cool because they have the word "sin" in their name. =S

Best description really was the 4legged veno one (lol), female BM, f archer and f wizzy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Funnily enough, it changes a lot depending on level. For example...
    lv1-40 bm's are like kids. Very little idea of what to do, quick to get frustrated and hoping to prove themselves.
    lv50-75bm's are like hot-headed young adults. ALWAYS trying to prove themselves, getting in over their head in battle, picking fights and duels with everything.
    lv85-100bm's are like war veterans. Full of advice, stories and tactics for wars and combat and constantly fine-tuning their skills, gear and weaponry.
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ●Veno (+Herc) - A spoiled ditz with a superiority complex. Believes she's better than everyone while relying solely on the hulking slab of meat at her side. Useful, but always demands to be the center of attention.

*Note to Herc Venos who might be offended - Yes, I know there are some of you who are VERY skilled and match other, more respectable profiles. Consider yourselves the exception to this stereotype and smile proudly about it.

Even though you added the last part, Im still offended. Spoiled? Most of us worked very hard for our herc. Theres only a few that completely cashshopped them. And even if they do, most of them are nice, caring ppl. The pet you use doesnt determine your personality. Don't forget the reason why we have a herc in the first place. Outsiders think of us as worthless if we dont have it. And they always want a herced veno cause they are great supporters for squads. Since when is supporting a squad being selfish? I often help random people with their bosses because I can, and none of the barbs + clerics are helping them out without getting paid. do you ever see a veno walk into a BH "I dont pay wine cause you can't do without me"? No. I see clerics/barbs do that all the time. Who's the selfish one now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Even though you added the last part, Im still offended. Spoiled? Most of us worked very hard for our herc. Theres only a few that completely cashshopped them. And even if they do, most of them are nice, caring ppl. The pet you use doesnt determine your personality. Don't forget the reason why we have a herc in the first place. Outsiders think of us as worthless if we dont have it. And they always want a herced veno cause they are great supporters for squads. Since when is supporting a squad being selfish? I often help random people with their bosses because I can, and none of the barbs + clerics are helping them out without getting paid. do you ever see a veno walk into a BH "I dont pay wine cause you can't do without me"? No. I see clerics/barbs do that all the time. Who's the selfish one now?

QFT

Herc - 70-80m
    Scroll of Tome -150m

No one gets bashed for being spoilt by having a scroll of tome equipped or lunar gear or high refines and sharding though. I don't see what all the hate is about. So a veno decided to get the best gear available to improve their characters ability ....and it automatically makes them a spoiled nub who can't play the game? Imo how well you manage your gear and equips with your current budget is part of your overall skill and capability as a player.

Tbh, the whole "herc veno's can't play" thing is pure jealously. There are a vast majority of hercless venos who don't have a clue too.

Anyways....back on topic...
  • Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary
    Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Its sad how well those fit me as i play all my alts.....
    ... except maybe Male BM, mix of random havoc and focused killing.b:chuckle
    helr-cleric-8x
    Jaggerjaques-BM-8x
    blackrobe-wizard-7x
    _Tara-veno-6x
    Superpoke-sin-7x
    punching_bag-barb 7x
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Can't say I'm "offended" by OP's post, but as a veno I spent hours farming coin to get my herc, back in the days when getting money was hard and getting the SoF/Feathers harder. There were no cashshop sales and few people ever sold SoF/Feathers in bulk.

This "lol dumb herc veno" stereotype needs to die off; nine out of ten herc venos I meet are very competent. If anyone would have a superiority complex it would be the barb:

2lsy715.jpg

Obnoxious.

You ever seen a veno act like that (herc or no)? I have never; yet I have lost count of how many barbs are just like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Here's mine, though it's more of a squad dynamic than personalities.
    ●Barb
    A) FACEROLLFACEROLLFACEROLL :D:D:D:D
    B) Hey guys, let's FACEROLLFACEROLLFACEROLL
    C) Hey guys, let's FLESHREAMFLESHREAMFLESHREAM
    Sadly, none of them roar in FB51.

●Veno (+Herc)
    A) *falls over* *herc tanks*
    B) *heals herc* *herc tanks*
    C) What?! I can't tank BH29, what are you talking about? *herc goes and tanks anyway*

●Veno (+Quadruped Mammal)
    A) Let's pewpewpew! ...lol.
    B) *pews*...lol.
    C) *lures wrong mob* ...lol.

●Veno (+Insect)
    A) *goes in the completely wrong direction* *squad facepalms*
    B) ASDF UR DOIN IT WRONG *tries to tank and fails*
    C) *afks for an hour*

●BM (Male)
    A) Saved your life. Saved your life. Saved your life.
    B) ****. ****. ****.
    C) PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW flesh ream harder! (fist BMs)

●BM (Female)
    A) Saved your life. Saved your life. You owe me big time.
    B) ****. ****. ****. Wizzie's fault.
    C) PEW. PEW. PEW. PEW. DD harder! (axe BMs. What kind of female BM would roll fists)

●Wizard (Male)
    A) I like gush. I like gush alot. *gushes the adds for zimo*
    B) I like sutra. (enough said.)
    C) Hey, let's do mantavip again!

●Wizard (Female)
    A) I like gush. I like gush alot. *gushes whatever the barb's hitting*
    B) I like sutra. I like sparks more.
    C) Hey, let's do mantavip again!

●Archer (Male)
    A) I'm so pro, I have to take off my blessing. *nods slowly*
    B) I'm so pro, I put my points in mag to make my metal skills hit harder *nods slowly*
    C) I'm so pro, I can scold wizzies about stealing aggro *nods slowly while being beaten to death by taurocs)

●Archer (Female)
    A) PEW PEW PEW!
    B) PEW PEW PEW!
    C) PEW PEW PEW!!!! (sparked)

●Cleric (Male)
    A) I like blessing of the purehearted. I like blessing of the purehearted alot. Why do I get kicked out of squads all the time?
    B) MUHAHA TEMPEST KICKS ****
    C) BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

●Cleric (Female)
    A) F2 F2 F2 F2 F2 F2 F2 what's a macro F2 F2 F2 (F2=my IH button)
    B) *heals before barb can roar* *gets steamrolled* wizzies fault.
    C) ****. BB. *BBs* *half an hour after mobs are dead, pulls down BB*

●Assassin (Male)
    A) I'm so pro. What's an archer?
    B) *spontaneously combusts upon aggro*
    C) I like stealth. I like stealth alot.

●Assassin (Female)
    A) GRAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! *steamrolls Eden* *teabags all mobs*
    B) SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTT!!!!!!!!!! *gets steamrolled by Eden* *gets teabaged by mobs*
    C) Arrows pl0x.

●Psychic (Male)
    A) *destroys everyone in duels* oops, wrong button.
    B) Lulz, I feel like a cleric. Because I'm healing stuff. That makes me a cleric.
    C) *goes wrong way* *keeps going wrong way*

●Psychic (Female)
    A) I like my hair :D
    B) I'm just here so I can find the .ini file for my hair.
    C) *follows male psychic*

*Note to Herc Venos who might be offended - **Suck it.

**...jk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    axt57 wrote: »
    You ever seen a veno act like that (herc or no)? I have never; yet I have lost count of how many barbs are just like this.

Sadly true. Though funnily enough I've found it's only the fail barbs who demand special treatment. The competent, skilled barbs usually chip in without question and do everything they can to do the best job possible.

I do remember a nix veno once who camped lowbie bosses and charged 50k for her help. If the squad refused she killed the boss repeatedly until they gave in. It's nothing to do with class, some people are just morons.
  • coooco
    coooco Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    my bm uses claws, been using claws... and yes i'm female b:cry
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ●Archer (Female) - The opposite of the Male Archer. Cold, calculating, and ruthless - a killer to the core. Says very little, especially while putting a bolt through a wraith's head at 1,000 paces. (Jason Bourne in tight leather armor. Be afraid. Be very afraid)

I can be cold, I can be calculating and sometimes I can be ruthless.

However. I can also be a ditz, terribly perverted and I'm not beyond (if I have no EXP to lose of course and nobody else minds) throwing myself against impossible odds, because I can, because it's fun.

I'm a carefree sort I suppose. But when I get into a mood I can be exactly as you described. =3

This said, I've only seen one or two Herc venos as you described... more commonly, I see fail barbarians and clerics taking on the role of the Herc veno you described there. "Do this! Do that! Look at me I'm tanking/healing for you! .... Wait why did we all die? I failed?! I CANNOT FAIL!"

That sort of attitude more belongs to the fail barbs/clerics who reckon they should get special treatment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol... I'm a disturbing mix of innocence and violence O_O

Anyways, that was a good read =) You write well!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aydamn - Lost City
    Aydamn - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Nice thread. Couldn't help but find myself agreeing with the male cleric statement b:shutup
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ●Veno (+Phoenix) - A psychopathic killer hell bent on destroying anything and everything in her path. She will destroy anyone that gets in her way or challenges her for what she wants. She kills kittens for fun.

That's so totally me. Except it's not kittens, it's rabbits. b:victory
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    With the release of the Tideborn, I thought I'd revive an earlier thread started here.

●BM (Female) - A hot-tempered woman, quick to anger and heedless of consequences. Seemingly has a deathwish, yet always manages to come out on top... of a pile of enemy corpses... b:shocked

*Note to Herc Venos who might be offended - Yes, I know there are some of you who are VERY skilled and match other, more respectable profiles. Consider yourselves the exception to this stereotype and smile proudly about it.

ROFL at the BM female..."heedless of consequences" does not take into account those BMs that are willing and do sacrifice themselves for the squad to live. Then again the same BM female I'm talking about has only 1 barb on HT that can keep aggro from her in squad. 9X BM that can out tank 10X Barbs...funny thing is neither the barb or BM complain about the aggro change; cleric switches to BM and boss dies. Luckily our clerics are used to this happening :)

And thanks for the note at the bottom...I have some friends that would be like uh...WTH??? Not the venos we know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ahaha, your description is so fitting for high level wizards. When wizards finally become powerful and non-squishy 90+, they tend to also become suicidal and brag a little with their powers. b:laugh

Oh and btw: My girlfriend read that to me, and I know from the beginning that you are a barb. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Had to make an edit for the idiots.

For the record: While I do not like hercs, nor enjoy the concept of a pet doing my job for me, I have nothing against venos who use them. If you're getting pissed because you think I'm insulting you personally, you are mistaken.
    Had to make an edit for the idiots.
    Okay. Were mistaken.
  • Aralea - Sanctuary
    Aralea - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hahaha love the female archer description and yes I wear the black leather set a lot. ^.~
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ●BM (Male) - The stolid warrior, similar to the Barb if a few years younger. Eager to take on a mantle of leadership and "prove himself" (or sometimes, prove himself better), and carries a streak of manic bloodlust when battle rages, rushing in brashly to wreak havoc. (May or may not accept the "You would have died without our help!" from party members afterwards)

- Similar to barb? Check. x]
    - Eager to lead? Check.
    - Prove himself... better? BIG Check.
    - Manic bloodlust? MWAHAHA-err... check.
    - Wreaking havoc? Check.
    - "You would have died without out help!" Eh. "May or may not accept".

So yeah, you nailed me there o.o. Always thought the BM was the right class for me... lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    What? Was I taunting? Sorry, Mr. BM. But, that is such a cute little bow you pulled out to help with the harpies...

I'm amazed by how well these fit each of my alts except my barb. For him (and so many barbs I've seen):

Barbarian The "boss" who wants desperately to be a good leader, but strongly suspects he is a victim of the Peter Principle. Everyone manages him with kid gloves because he is so sensitive about his ability to lead, which he thinks he is hiding with a gruff, confident attitude.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I fit Veno + Herc so well. :c

Except the fact that I don't have a Herc. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Barbarian The "boss" who wants desperately to be a good leader, but strongly suspects he is a victim of the Peter Principle. Everyone manages him with kid gloves because he is so sensitive about his ability to lead, which he thinks he is hiding with a gruff, confident attitude.

...Damn. I do believe you're right. b:surrender
    Not for all barbs, mind you - some of us actually have leadership ability. But I think for the vast majority these days, you've got it pegged.
    Alas. b:sad
  • Shiyuzhi - Heavens Tear
    Shiyuzhi - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Consider this cleric an exception to the stereotype, at least for now. I do feel like it's where I'll eventually end up personality wise on this game.
    "I have no personality whatsoever. Cower before my blandness!"

Cookie to whomever gets the reference.
  • Byakura - Dreamweaver
    Byakura - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't agree with the barbarian part. I belive a barbarian would act....like a barbarian. natural leader? i don't think so. if anything a blademaster would be the natural leader. You know how the big guys are in anime, they are never the leader.

For any bleach fans out there... Captain Commander Yamamoto is pretty damn BEASTLY... so in that case the big guy would be the leader b:laugh
  • Kinohki - Lost City
    Kinohki - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Blademaster (Axes) : These blademasters think they're ultimate warrior! This capable warrior rushes into the thick of battle with his head held high and his famous warcry "ME KEEL YOUZ!" or "FEAR MAH AXES!" The highest dealing damage over an area type, when this Blademaster runs into a problem it stops for a brief moment only to think "Is there a better way than chopping them up with axes? Nah.." then proceeds to chop them up with their axes.

Blademaster (Fist): The monk type of the Blademaster world. Usually calm, quiet and calculating, this Blademaster has swift, yet deadly hits that make any mob cower at the oncoming onslaught. With a mentality of "Speed over strength." These warriors, while not built for taking hits, generally can if need be. Once you see the Aura come from this warrior, the enemy knows to either run or die.

Blademaster (Polearm): The intelligent fighter. These warriors know that an axe can't hurt them if it can't reach them! With some of the highest single spike damage, these warriors target their enemies defenses and freeze their armor with a glacial spike. Their battlecry : "You can't hit what you can't reach."

Blademaster (Sword): The graceful warrior and ultimately a jack of all trades. While excelling in nothing yet lacking in nothing either, these warriors will still rush into the thick of the battle to prove themselves making them seem eager and cocky. These warriors have the strongest of any single attack and they know it, giving most a rather arrogant attitude as well.

Not the best, but meh.
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"[/size]

0.0 How dare you? Now I feel my privacy violated, but I am good friend with my barbs and my clerics, despite the fact that noob squads make me ill.

Now I feel like a cliche b:shedtear

Still, great one
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    MiStAiSa - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    should also start up different personalities based on which path they go, sage or demon :)
  • Tazi - Heavens Tear
    Tazi - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I like this. :)

I yell when I'm "interrupted". b:chuckleb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizard - Tazi 100
    Psychic - Anastaszia 70
  • ShoeFury - Sanctuary
    ShoeFury - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"

Lmao, this is brilliant b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Joined Aug 2008 on HT--
    Just lurkin' the forums these days and makin' occassional stupid posts
This discussion has been closed.