What Lucky Coral gifts did you get?

Options

Comments

• Auldwulf - Dreamweaver
    Auldwulf - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Your 'conceptions' of people again is based on what you would do, not what I would do. Nor what others would do.

As for my statement that you don't make a decent income. And why I stated that. It is simple. Your attitude gives it away. If you make more than $35,000 - $40,000 a year, I would be surprised.
    ~Saitada

Isn't this your conception of people? And how does it make it right when you write it? Simply put, even if I had the income of Bill Gates, frivolous spending is just that, frivolous spending. Evidently, the only thing money has done for you, is to make you a little to arrogant for your own good. And btw, since we are reading between lines here, I'm guessing that you're single, it's simple, your attitude gives it away.b:chuckle
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    or..

4) Independently wealthy, with a fairly large disposable monthly income.

As I fall into the 4th class, I categorically refute your statement that people who have earned their money wouldn't spend it as they see fit. I could easily spend $2500.00 a month on this game and not hurt or even come close to denting my finances. I have and will continue to spend money on this game as I see fit, and as for 'being a few fries short of a happy meal' I think I can say with total honesty, that were that true... I wouldn't be bringing in the amount of money that I do each year.

Just because you don't make a decent income, don't put your spending habits and values off on others. My income is mine to do with as I see fit. If my bills are paid, what I pay for my leisure time is none of yours, or anyone else's business.

~Saitada

*jealous*

Only 8-10 more years to go to make that sort of income... *dies*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Isn't this your conception of people? And how does it make it right when you write it? Simply put, even if I had the income of Bill Gates, frivolous spending is just that, frivolous spending. Evidently, the only thing money has done for you, is to make you a little to arrogant for your own good. And btw, since we are reading between lines here, I'm guessing that you're single, it's simple, your attitude gives it away.b:chuckle

Your guess would be wrong. I'm recently married... for the 3rd time. Check your private messages please. Nothing nasty, just simple discussion.

~S
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Isn't this your conception of people? And how does it make it right when you write it? Simply put, even if I had the income of Bill Gates, frivolous spending is just that, frivolous spending. Evidently, the only thing money has done for you, is to make you a little to arrogant for your own good.

Frivolous spending is frivolous spending, but if it's not your money, why would you even care?

When you run around and claim people who spend $1000 on PWE are "a couple of fries short of a Happy Meal" you insinuate that they're stupid to do so. This is your opinion, and your entitled to it, but in no way should you act like you actually state some kind of fact. It's spending money on pixels, and if you have spent $1000 on a television and computer and gaming console... well you're as stupid as they are. It's all pixels anyway, just in different forms.

Frivolous spending is a choice people have to make. If you don't have that choice, don't accuse others who do of being stupid. They are far from "a couple of fries short of a Happy Meal" - they simply choose that they want to spend money on something they enjoy. No different to somebody spending a few dollars to go to an amusement park because they enjoy it, or spending many hundreds of dollars to go on vacation every month to Ibiza because they enjoy it.

The only arrogant attitude I see around here is yours. Perhaps, before you call Saitada out on being arrogant when in fact he makes very true and very valid points, you could reflect on what you are saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ysionris - Sanctuary
    Ysionris - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That's cool. I spent close to $1000 and only got a 50" Samsung LCD HDTV.

PFFFFFFFFAHAHAHA. b:laugh

I feel the pull getting to me.. charging.. zen.. friday..

Or 5, seeing as how I'd like to sell some gold. x_x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AinaMizuako's smexy Assassin. b:kiss
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Woot, I just won a life. Thank you PWI for this wonderful gift. I will use it wisely. *Runs out and sells it for a dollar, runs back to computer and uses dollar to buy gold*. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Just opened a pack. 15 tokens, YAY.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Jolin - Dreamweaver
    Jolin - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    208 and i got 5 best luk n 1 plat mp
    hmm sld i use teh 25m to buy more? :S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Auldwulf - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I guess we can all justify things one way or another to suit our convenience.

Fair enough....b:cool
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Simply put, even if I had the income of Bill Gates, frivolous spending is just that, frivolous spending.

Yes it is BUT whats the point in earning money if you cant Frivolous spend every now and then.

Wether that be on a Computer games, a new 5k handbag, that new TV you dont really need, DvD's, A Trip to see the "Emo band of the moment " concert, A Holiday etc etc.

It be a pretty boring life if all we did was pay our bills and save the rest.
  • Rabid_Cleric - Harshlands
    Rabid_Cleric - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    6 Packs

4 Tokens of Luck(60)
    1 Losbter
    1 plat guardian charm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty my lav for the Sig ^_^
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Having talked with Auldwolf a bit in PM's I understand better where he is coming from and why. As he said, we each see things from our own points of view and this is all to the good. This is what makes us individuals.

Better to be Individual than a clone :-)

~S
  • Auldwulf - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yes it is BUT whats the point in earning money if you cant Frivolous spend every now and then.

Wether that be on a Computer games, a new 5k handbag, that new TV you dont really need, DvD's, A Trip to see the "Emo band of the moment " concert, A Holiday etc etc.

It be a pretty boring life if all we did was pay our bills and save the rest.

b:laugh LOL! Absolutely! I guess it really is up to the individual to decide where the line is between frivolous and practicality.

"Emo band of the moment", that one made me laugh, I'm still chuckling over it.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Simply put, even if I had the income of Bill Gates, frivolous spending is just that, frivolous spending. Evidently, the only thing money has done for you, is to make you a little to arrogant for your own good.
    What I've found is that, in general, people who are successful in life are go-getters with an "I can do it if I put my mind to it" attitude. That means they tend to be somewhat arrogant. People who are meek and unconfident of themselves generally end up in low-paying jobs because they're too afraid to ever risk anything. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Speaking of frivolous spending, a lot of successful people would consider the vast amount of time many free players put into this game to be frivolous. Once you become somewhat successful, you quickly figure out that the most valuable resource you have is time. For the life of me, I can't understand why some people sit there watching their character fly for 10 minutes, just to save 8k (equivalent to 2 cents at current gold prices) in teleport costs. If you were having fun playing the game, and I told you I would pay you 2 cents to stop playing for 10 minutes, would you stop?
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yesterday 2 packs = 30 tokens
    Today 2 packs = 30 tokens
  • Vandalarius - Sanctuary
    Vandalarius - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Opened up about 100 corals got:
    2 best of luck
    1 plat mp charm
    1 champ scroll
    Rest normal tokens
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Opened 20 more -->

1 Wing Trophy
    Tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I got a plat hp with my 1st ever anni pack...

97 anni packs and 40 coral later...nothing else...

...I can't stop dammit b:cry

I need rehab b:surrender
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That's cool. I spent close to $1000 and only got a 50" Samsung LCD HDTV.

The only difference in what you spent money on, and what they spent money on is the fact that what you have is actually tangible. While you seemingly are "making fun of" them, I got a 32" for around 400.00. I spent way less than you and have a bit more than half the tv :P. It goes both ways. It also goes back to our upbringings as to what our parents assured us was a waste of money and what was good to spend money on.

Personally, (just an imo) I'd rather spend my money on tangible things that will be there awhile. If PWI shut down shop and closed the doors the 1k anyone spent today would just be gone... all for naught.
    or..

4) Independently wealthy, with a fairly large disposable monthly income.

As I fall into the 4th class, I categorically refute your statement that people who have earned their money wouldn't spend it as they see fit. I could easily spend $2500.00 a month on this game and not hurt or even come close to denting my finances. I have and will continue to spend money on this game as I see fit, and as for 'being a few fries short of a happy meal' I think I can say with total honesty, that were that true... I wouldn't be bringing in the amount of money that I do each year.

Just because you don't make a decent income, don't put your spending habits and values off on others. My income is mine to do with as I see fit. If my bills are paid, what I pay for my leisure time is none of yours, or anyone else's business.

~Saitada

I agree with this. If someone even wants to neglect their house payment, their electric bill and their car insurance for said cause its their perogative. However; there are always consequences that come with what you do.
    Naw, I didn't take it personally, I was just saying that what others do with their money really isn't anyone elses business but their own. For myself, I pay all my bills, put a nice bit of scratch away and then still have a nice bit to play with each month.

Over the years I have heard thousands of people saying things like "your irresponsible with your income because you spend so much on entertainment" etc, w/o knowing what my income is. I see them do it with others as well.

It is as if they are personally affronted that I can spend several thousand dollars a month to play at whatever I want to play at, and still manage to have all my bills paid, and money put up for a rainy day.

What they don't see is the years that I spent putting money into stocks and property investments. They don't see the 18-20 hour days without a single vacation, or day off that I put in for years, and they don't see that as far as I am concerned, I have earned my play time, and if I want to spend $15,000 to fly to Europe for a bowl if ice cream just because I can, that it isn't any of their damned business and they need to keep their mouths shut about it.

That is why I posted as I did. Your 'conceptions' of people again is based on what you would do, not what I would do. Nor what others would do.

As for my statement that you don't make a decent income. And why I stated that. It is simple. Your attitude gives it away. If you make more than $35,000 - $40,000 a year, I would be surprised.

As for my possessing any 'social graces' or not, is irrelevant. I speak my mind and don't give three damns what anyone thinks about it. I'm not on this planet to make people happy, I am here to make ME happy. So I do what I want, when I want, say what I want, and to hell with social niceties or being politically correct. If that bugs you, oh well. Deal with it because I don't give a damn.

~Saitada

This comment really bothers me. You are not here to please everyone else, this is true. But you should somewhat worry about what makes the people around you happy. Your wife for example. I do hope you weren't meaning here that you were so selfish to always think of just yourself. If so, and everyone had that same mentality this world would be a very very very much worse place to live.

On topic:: I opened 2. Got the lesser tokens from them. Thats all I plan to open :)
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Opened 10 today and got 1 uncanny chest. No real $ spent :)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Opened 10 today and got 1 uncanny chest. No real $ spent :)

SELL TO ME!!!! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Foxymage - Harshlands
    Foxymage - Harshlands Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    There are two worlds of players. One doesn't want spend real money, because
    a) are kids and don't have money to spend but they have lot of free time
    b) are adult but they don't want to spend money, because it's question of principle
    c) are kids and adult which playing just for fun and don't take this game seriously. They don't care about leveling and they going in their own speed
    Second world of players spend real money
    a) rich kids which spend lot of money because of rich parents
    b) adult which rather spend some money that neverending grinding, they have family, work and not too much free time.(that's me)

So which world is for dev. of PWI more important? Yep so they don't care about world one they care about world two. And we cannot blame them for that. But there should be some little balance.

um i don't consider myself rich or my parents rich but i do admit i spend alot on this game and when i want to i can charge $50(usally thast about every 3 days but mom says thats not going to happen) so im limited to 1 $50 charge every 1 or so
    -i was in the million dolla meetins he was cheatin. all up in the church, he was sneakin with the deacon. cats away while the mice will play lol smiley face have a nicer day. cuz pop pop po it goes my rubber band so stop stop stop sniffin that contraband. cuz you was penny pinchin my accounts laced attenion! about face.

~nicki minaj~
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    um i don't consider myself rich or my parents rich but i do admit i spend alot on this game and when i want to i can charge $50(usally thast about every 3 days but mom says thats not going to happen) so im limited to 1 $50 charge every 1 or so

That dont make no sense. everyone one what? Day? hour? second? month?
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • daluoxian
    daluoxian Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So far, 3 packs = 15(3) Tokens, i bought 2 more packs = 15(2) tokens

i said i wasnt going to get anymore

logged on today and bought 3 more packs
    and guess what i got . . .

TOKENS !!!!!!

its funny how only one person "Said" they got a mount so far :P
  • Foxymage - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That dont make no sense. everyone one what? Day? hour? second? month?

every week shes being all mean and limiting me of the use of my credit card.....
    -i was in the million dolla meetins he was cheatin. all up in the church, he was sneakin with the deacon. cats away while the mice will play lol smiley face have a nicer day. cuz pop pop po it goes my rubber band so stop stop stop sniffin that contraband. cuz you was penny pinchin my accounts laced attenion! about face.

~nicki minaj~
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I hate people who QQ and rage when they lose when they gamble.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Foxymage - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I hate people who QQ and rage when they lose when they gamble.

that is the part they have not realize yet. this is a gamble you win some you loose some but mostly you loose lotsb:laugh

~nicki minaj~
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Please note that accusations are not permitted on the forum, this is also not the topic of this thread. Please stay on topic and mind the forum rules, because I would like this discussion to continue.