We made it!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This thread has gone off topic, if you are not discussing the contest then please bring your subject to another thread, there are already a few economy threads out there.b:thanks
  • Xgrinch - Dreamweaver
    Xgrinch - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This thread has gone off topic, if you are not discussing the contest then please bring your subject to another thread, there are already a few economy threads out there.b:thanks

When will this event start?
    What about statues and levels?
    : )
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yeah, we actually did it. And number is still rising. My FB friends joined too : )
    Hey, GMs, maybe we can get a bonus for making more than 50k fans? : )
    50,135 fans Yeap, looks like we made it.

must.....break.....scouter.....
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xgrinch - Dreamweaver
    Xgrinch - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    must.....break.....scouter.....
    b:chuckle

Think we can make it to 55k? : )
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....Sorry Jaz...Barbs don't make more money than a veno. But thanks for the laugh.

Merchandizing is where the money is, and any class can do that. Barbs can make as much as a veno, since any class can merchandize. Catshop mode is best money making.
    Example:
    My cleric alt checked AH for 15 minutes. Bought 5 items that were selling very cheap, and resold them at bellow market and still made 4million profit.

On topic: We sure did better than last time they tried this event. I foresee two weeks of FF runs, with some TT runs to get rest of mats for armor.

PS- Edit to make it nicer and not be rude.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    For some odd reason, Im really hoping for the barbarian statue, even though it doesnt resemble any barb in-game >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    For some odd reason, Im really hoping for the barbarian statue, even though it doesnt resemble any barb in-game >.<

Good luck, hope you get it, instead of someone else that would not appreciate it.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Boozin - Sanctuary
    Boozin - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I agree this event is gonna cause a flood of such things as TT mats into the market but I for one just can't wait for that.

I now only play my character on Raging Tide and that server really needs to have more mats for for sale. It seems everyone on the server only runs around only doing dailies and RB. Any TT80 mats are extremely rare and therefor EXTREMELY pricy. I farm TT constantly to try and get the needed drops to craft my gear (couldn't care less about making coin with the other mats, I just want my armour) and now with this event it might actually be possible to get it without having to do 3 runs a day for the next 10 months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The statue itself is pretty nice despite the lack of resemblance, I like it b:laugh
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Dumb.....One of the worse things that could happen to this game imo.

Flame me if you want, but I am sure people will find out for themselves.

b:dirtyb:kiss
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Im one of the few that actually dislike this. Double drop event for 2 weeks will make it impossible for anyone that doesn't cash shop massively to make any money. And it will go on for weeks after the drop event is over since the marker will be flooded with mats.

How do people think they will be able to get any gold at all unless they use a credit card after this? Any form of farming towards profit will be pointless since all mats (not just TT but also OHT mats+ molders etc etc) will be worth 0.

All tho for people that cash shops for stuff like exp scrolls, charms, dragon orbs, lucky packs, fashion etc this event is very nice. And for people that dont need dragon orbs, fashion, exp scrolls and charms and other cash shop items, they can get their gear farming done but they wont suffer from not being able to get in game gold lol.

Agree with everything.

Fast leveling and no way to make coin in-game only really benefits PWI because all those rushing through the levels will need to charge gold to purchase their coin.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I am soo glad someone else gets it...

TT/Lunar and molds, just shifts coins between players, since nobody npcs those items, therefore they do not increase the coin supply in-game. DQ/GC items are for the most part npced, which generates "free coins", which increase the money supply, which causes inflation.

Actually you don't have a clue...

DQ and coin drops mean little to nothing to the game economy since Anniversary Packs first came out in what, September? One user alone on LC had over 70 Perfect Tokens of best luck.... and there were at least a dozen people that spent more. I guarantee you that's more than all the coin and DQ that could drop from mobs in MONTHS of gaming for the whole server.

Since BH, most people don't grind anymore. DQ drops and coins are such a little impact to the economy, it could withstand 3x or even 5x drop rate and that wouldn't matter. Actually it would benefit the players who actually PLAY the game instead of the ones just doing dailies and spamming event packs a few times a month, but this is the easy way out... yeah, instant gratification is nice... no real need to work hard to get your gear or xp.

Double coin and double DQ is chump change compared to spending $50 and getting two Perfect Tokens of Best Luck.

Double TT drops hurt the economy because it WAS one of the only valid ways of making money by playing the game and by completely devaluing them, PWI only enables newer users to charge gold to buy coin, since there is such an overwhelming supply of coin distributed among the most prolific cash shopers and people who successfully merchants 24/7.

The only people who are really hurt by this are the people who never spend real cash and the casual cash shop user. New users don't understand that buying cash shop items without paying any real money USED to be easy.... now it's almost impossible. The only people this benefits are the constant cash shoppers, the extremely lazy (2x drops just means you don't have to work as hard), and the 24/7 farmers who will just stockpile mats for months and then sell them when the price is back up to normal.

People just don't realize while oracling up through their levels (and soon to hyper-xp their way to the top) is that being at the top isn't the game... earing your way through your levels is, because once you read the top, all there is left is TW once a week and PvP. No more quests, nothing else to do. All the fun of actually accomplishing something is pretty much gone. They might as well just have an option to start your charachter at lvl 90 so you can get 100 quickly without having to bother with 1-89.

The most selfish ones here are the ones who actually WANT the 2x drops and xp. A free ride is always a nice thing, eh?
  • Gandora - Harshlands
    Gandora - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So what you are saying is that with this event the value of TT mats are going to drop, so TT mats wont be able to fill up your character's wallet as well as it use too? What about the people that dont sell TT mats? Couldnt this just be a fun event for those who arent trying to compete with cashshoppers and their insane gear. Im wondering if the competitive people are the ones complaining about this event, while those who are here to play for fun and just relax are the people who'll enjoy his event. At the moment Im no longer competitive so this event seems ok to me, maybe I'll even try a new character out.
  • Selphiiie - Heavens Tear
    Selphiiie - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Dumb.....One of the worse things that could happen to this game imo.

Flame me if you want, but I am sure people will find out for themselves.

^ this

jackass idea of the centurary... no wait that was anniv packs b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Stuff

Selling items to other players does not generate "new" coins, so, if TT items go down in price will have no affect on the total amount of coin in-game. Double drops on the rest of items that gets npced, will affect the total amount of coins in-game, which will affect inflation by increasing the volume of money available. Double TT drops will have no effect on inflation, since nobody really npcs them, therefore no new money is being generated.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/inflation

Will the event affect the other aspects of the economy? You bet, but we were talking only about inflation, which is the rapid expansion of the money supply.

In my opinion, this event will benefit the casual player more than anyone else, since it will lower the costs of TT mats. It will also benefit those people that can afford to sit out the event while collecting the items and sell them at a later date.
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Please dont ruin my thread with economy talk b:surrender Spoons already asked that this thread be kept on subject about the success of our 50k goal, and that there are countless other threads about the economy.

Thank you very much b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    jackass idea of the decade

Fixed, makes sense now! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Toad - Lost City
    Toad - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What michael dark is saying is that no one grinds anymore. So how would dq items cause inflation if you don't grind to get it. Why would anyone want to burn their charm and mp pots grinding an hour when they can get 2 or more times the exp from same amount of time doing bh. Also, there is frost which most people 80+ will be **** for exp instead of grinding for exp and dq. Most, if not all will choose to lvl up, instead of wasting their 2 weeks grinding for dq items.
    This rapid lvling will cause people to go broke and in the end might lead to more charging which is the true intention.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This rapid lvling will cause people to go broke and in the end might lead to more charging which is the true intention.

With this part, I 100% agree.

I am still surprized they did managed 50k+, since not that long ago they did not get 15k.
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    With this part, I 100% agree.

I am still surprized they did managed 50k+, since not that long ago they did not get 15k.

ditto.....it came out of nowhere
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

I did my part by creating 49,999 fake facebook accounts for this event. I don't know who the other account is.

~Saitada

/End Troll
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Actually you don't have a clue...

DQ and coin drops mean little to nothing to the game economy since Anniversary Packs first came out in what, September? One user alone on LC had over 70 Perfect Tokens of best luck.... and there were at least a dozen people that spent more. I guarantee you that's more than all the coin and DQ that could drop from mobs in MONTHS of gaming for the whole server.

Since BH, most people don't grind anymore. DQ drops and coins are such a little impact to the economy, it could withstand 3x or even 5x drop rate and that wouldn't matter. Actually it would benefit the players who actually PLAY the game instead of the ones just doing dailies and spamming event packs a few times a month, but this is the easy way out... yeah, instant gratification is nice... no real need to work hard to get your gear or xp.

Double coin and double DQ is chump change compared to spending $50 and getting two Perfect Tokens of Best Luck.

Double TT drops hurt the economy because it WAS one of the only valid ways of making money by playing the game and by completely devaluing them, PWI only enables newer users to charge gold to buy coin, since there is such an overwhelming supply of coin distributed among the most prolific cash shopers and people who successfully merchants 24/7.

The only people who are really hurt by this are the people who never spend real cash and the casual cash shop user. New users don't understand that buying cash shop items without paying any real money USED to be easy.... now it's almost impossible. The only people this benefits are the constant cash shoppers, the extremely lazy (2x drops just means you don't have to work as hard), and the 24/7 farmers who will just stockpile mats for months and then sell them when the price is back up to normal.

People just don't realize while oracling up through their levels (and soon to hyper-xp their way to the top) is that being at the top isn't the game... earing your way through your levels is, because once you read the top, all there is left is TW once a week and PvP. No more quests, nothing else to do. All the fun of actually accomplishing something is pretty much gone. They might as well just have an option to start your charachter at lvl 90 so you can get 100 quickly without having to bother with 1-89.

The most selfish ones here are the ones who actually WANT the 2x drops and xp. A free ride is always a nice thing, eh?

^this

i intend to aoe grind merchant and farm the unholy hell out of tt
    i may actually hit lvl 76 by the end of the event if i go crazy

seriously why rush to 90? thats just denying yourself 89 levels of the game that could actually be fun if played through
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Ence - Lost City
    Ence - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I did my part by creating 49,999 fake facebook accounts for this event. I don't know who the other account is.

~Saitada

/End Troll

roflbot-c3Cm.jpg[
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Personally I think two weeks is to long. Of corse friend is going to love the 2x exp because he's only lvl 34 and trying to catch up to me. Of corse I wont be to happy when he does catch because he's got a huge ego when it comes to being better then me. Ok back on topic I think two weeks is to long since well I dont think very many people will actually grind and to me it sounds like another evil plan the PWI has cooked up in their oven of doom.
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Selling items to other players does not generate "new" coins, so, if TT items go down in price will have no affect on the total amount of coin in-game. Double drops on the rest of items that gets npced, will affect the total amount of coins in-game, which will affect inflation by increasing the volume of money available. Double TT drops will have no effect on inflation, since nobody really npcs them, therefore no new money is being generated.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/inflation

Will the event affect the other aspects of the economy? You bet, but we were talking only about inflation, which is the rapid expansion of the money supply.

In my opinion, this event will benefit the casual player more than anyone else, since it will lower the costs of TT mats. It will also benefit those people that can afford to sit out the event while collecting the items and sell them at a later date.

lol Lack of comprehension much?

1) Are you blind? Do you know what two Perfect Tokens of Best Luck are? Two of them make 1 10m coin Bank Note. You exchange that for 10,000,000 coin. How many mobs would you have to kill to get DQ and coin to equal that? lol. Yeah, DQ and coin cause inflation.... >.>

5x DQ would not add to inflation. 100+ Perfect Tokens of Best Luck a week ADD to inflation. And a server getting 100 perfect tokens of best luck a week would be a really LOW estimate by pretty much anyone I think. So how much money can a server generate in a week of grinding? Certainly nowhere near 500,000,000 coin. If you think otherwise... just LOL

You don't realize that most of the people with money don't farm. They pay the money that people who are actually WILLING to play the game to do what they need. Money gets distributed. So the guy who just got 5 Perfect Tokesn of Best luck will actually BUY something from someone else and that someone else can use that coin to buy stuff from the cash shop. Sure the coin remains in the game, but a non-cash shopper might be able to afford something they otherwise wouldn't have. Is this really too difficult a puzzle for you to grasp?

So with only the handful of cash shoppers and merchanters holding billions of coin on each server, most regular players are the ones who suffer the inflation. With TT mats dropping to the floor, there is no real way for the poor people to get any of the money that the extremely rich have, and therefore a new market of users who must charge money to buy some of that in-game coin for just regular things are born.

You starting to see the picture yet? Hmm... I'd be surprised if you do...

2) Definitoin, yes, I'm not stupid. Inflation from DQ and coin drops? You're psycho. Read my post again.

3) Who was only talking about inflation? Sorry if the scope of my post was too wide for your narrow grasp of the discussion of this thread. Also, note that my response wasn't to you in particular, so *shrug* whatever.

4) Your opinoin? Obiously you need to read my first sentence, lack of comprehension. You're repeating what I've already said.

b:bye
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Congratulations everyone! Good job! b:victory
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Congratulations everyone! Good job! b:victory

Yay for us.......now excuse me while I go sulk in a corner.
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Gratz all b:victory

Time to run TT for my own gears and spam 3rd past map for stupid amounts of money b:dirty
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This event will be great for pple who honestly want to and need to farm their gear. Really helps pple out in the F2P area and they will get what they worked for.

Down side is anyone whos wanting to sell mats will most likely get zip profit unless its a gold mat. Even for hard working gear farmers who hope to reimburse their charm costs.

3 months ago we had one weekEND of double drops. 3 months later i am still trying to sell more than half those drops that were obtained in 3 days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    As I know 5 winners will get their price - 5 free levels.

Congratulating them, I think about known data, that we have about 200 of 101+ level players (some of them 102+).

After simple calculations I found, that with

200*5*100%/50000=2%

chance we can be in situation when winner can't get his price (5 free levels), because cap level now 105.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.