Class Personalities

Kephras - Heavens Tear
Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
With the release of the Tideborn, I thought I'd revive an earlier thread started here.
(quoted for linkback)
If each character was created in real life, how do you think they would be personally?
EDIT:
OKAY. Since some of you (especially you lovely +herc venos) are getting cheesed off because I'm not 100% accurate to your personality, let me clarify. The original thread (if you'd bothered to click it, which I know you didn't) was based on the concept of "If [X] class was personified as a stereotype" - IE for a story or movie or something. It is NOT meant to be a stereotype of YOU, but of the CLASS, so STOP taking it personally.
/EDIT

These are my thoughts, feel free to post your own:

●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

●Veno (+Herc) - A spoiled ditz with a superiority complex. Believes she's better than everyone while relying solely on the hulking slab of meat at her side. Useful, but always demands to be the center of attention.

●Veno (+Quadruped Mammal) - A quiet, friendly girl who adores her animal companion. The two are inseparable, and unstoppable as a team. (Storyline cliche would usually result in pet sacrificing itself, much sorrow and anguish)

●Veno (+Insect) - A dark, elegant, and mysterious woman who takes disturbing pleasure in putting the "Venom" in Venomancer. Has at least one 'favorite' creepy-crawly she refers to as "my pet/love/precious" and makes every effort to seduce one of the other party members for her own ambitions (may be either selfish, or downright evil, or both)

●BM (Male) - The stolid warrior, similar to the Barb if a few years younger. Eager to take on a mantle of leadership and "prove himself" (or sometimes, prove himself better), and carries a streak of manic bloodlust when battle rages, rushing in brashly to wreak havoc. (May or may not accept the "You would have died without our help!" from party members afterwards)

●BM (Female) - A hot-tempered woman, quick to anger and heedless of consequences. Seemingly has a deathwish, yet always manages to come out on top... of a pile of enemy corpses... b:shocked

●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"

●Wizard (Female) - The studious librarian type. Older than all other characters (except possibly the Barb), and dislikes 'interruptions.' Dispatches enemies with a casual flick of the wrist, and a "May I go back to doing something IMPORTANT now?"
(note: I envision her very similar to Varsuvius, from OotS)

●Archer (Male) - Cocky, reckless, and exhuberant. Prankster who seems never to comprehend the dangers of battle, never serious even in the thick of combat. Often taunts BM (male or female) with witty banter.

●Archer (Female) - The opposite of the Male Archer. Cold, calculating, and ruthless - a killer to the core. Says very little, especially while putting a bolt through a wraith's head at 1,000 paces. (Jason Bourne in tight leather armor. Be afraid. Be very afraid)

●Cleric (Male) - Second-youngest, above the archer (or third, above Herc Veno). Half-attack, half-support, he gets carried away and sometimes forgets to support the party as he delivers magical death. A bit of a bungler, but good-hearted and liked despite his mistakes. Usually responds to "Um... a little help please?!?"

●Cleric (Female) - The mother of the group, often venting her frustration with "her children" as their myriad other personalities continually put them at risk, while she's left cleaning up the mess (sometimes with the electric rain of Tempest and a good tongue-lashing for her wayward squad).

●Assassin (Male) - The angsty, edgy outcast of the group. He spends much of his time alone and is cryptic with his replies. Despite his loner behavior, he will always be there when needed - the ace in the hole who can swiftly turn the tide (no pun intended) when things look desperate.

●Assassin (Female) - Lighthearted and airy, she is a disturbing mix of innocence and violence. Though pleasant to be with, she makes the others thoroughly uncomfortable with her bloodsoaked duality.

●Psychic (Male) - Cool, calculating, and smug, he rivals the Wizard for power, though many find him more approachable and charming - his demeanor is a bit more casual. Perhaps good friends with either the (M) Archer or (M) Cleric, he often gets into verbal sparring with the Wizard. His reliability is questionable, since his relationship to the other party members might affect his willingness or speed at coming to aid them.

●Psychic (Female) - Mysterious and elegant, she says very little. There is an air of timelessness about her that makes age impossible to determine. She never really feels like part of the group, merely a gifted individual following in their wake - a living deus ex machina whose abilities rarely come into play except in the most dire circumstances.

*Note to Herc Venos who might be offended - Yes, I know there are some of you who are VERY skilled and match other, more respectable profiles. Consider yourselves the exception to this stereotype and smile proudly about it.
Post edited by Kephras - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol im so showing this to my faction.
  • _Whisper_ - Raging Tide
    _Whisper_ - Raging Tide Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ●Assassin (Male) - The angsty, edgy outcast of the group. He spends much of his time alone and is cryptic with his replies. Despite his loner behavior, he will always be there when needed - the ace in the hole who can swiftly turn the tide (no pun intended) when things look desperate.

How do you know me so well??b:shockedb:shocked

But seriously this is me in a nutshell, dont understand how you did it but d*mn that was good :)
    [SIGPIC]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/skyeuser/Whispercopy.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I got my Fishy Gills, And my Flippy Floppy's. Im a fish on land, no one can stop mehb:chuckle
  • Vintersun - Sanctuary
    Vintersun - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    With the release of the Tideborn, I thought I'd revive an earlier thread started here.

●Veno (+Quadruped Mammal) - A quiet, friendly girl who adores her animal companion. The two are inseparable, and unstoppable as a team. (Storyline cliche would usually result in pet sacrificing itself, much sorrow and anguish)
    [/size]

Scary this sounds like me O_O I named my c.magmatie Bob...wonder If he would sacrifice himself for me?
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)Gotta Love Bunnies!
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    I multiclass. I'm a self-healing bowbarian psychic. b:chuckle

Edit: And yes Vintersun, Bob would die for you. Fortunately, rocks feel no pain.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ●Cleric (Male) - Second-youngest, above the archer (or third, above Herc Veno). Half-attack, half-support, he gets carried away and sometimes forgets to support the party as he delivers magical death. A bit of a bungler, but good-hearted and liked despite his mistakes. Usually responds to "Um... a little help please?!?"

heh -pretends to disagree-
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"

Fear my BIDS, for you will all burn (or freeze actually, mwahahaha I am so much smarter than you alll).

Also, get that psy out of here. Does he actually think he can do better than me?

b:laugh

LOve it, the overal class discriptions all fit perfectly to most people, and why they would probably have chosen theyr class
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010

lol did we have to be emo like ?XD...i was quite proud of myself.....untill i got hit with rankars aoe over 1.8k(had 1.7k hp), revieverd and was killed a sec after with same aoe again....and that four times in a row(each time i got a bit further away and somehow i got away finally). that incident made me think twice of goin up agaisnt him...tried to take on wyvern lol cause cleric was taking so long to revieve the other members....got one shotb:surrender...wanted to kill gargantoking solo since i had no help...got one-shot....well not quite one shot but it was like 1-shot five times at ONCE....over 6-7k dmg.....last time i soloed minibosses....but now muahaha...at least rankar gets his **** handed(not solo ofc but his aoe isn'T as bad anymoreXD) so u see i'm more of an idiot who takes risks.....tho i know i won't surviveXD

nice post tho i laughed at some describtions...at first i thought" oh great another barb fanatic who thinks hes the best" but it turned out wellXD

edit: p.s don't think i didn't learn from my mistakesXD
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    nice post tho i laughed at some describtions...at first i thought" oh great another barb fanatic who thinks hes the best" but it turned out well XD

Nah, I don't think we're "the best" at all - from my perspective, the cleric healing my sorry tail is "the best" (thanks, mom!). It stems more from our class role - along with BMs, we're righ up there at the front of the line taking point. If something goes awry, we're typically the first to see and respond to it (if we can). I realize things aren't always so clear-cut, but as a stereotype a barb lacking good leadership (or failing that, good sense to listen to those who have it), are more than likely on the path to Fail.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010

●Cleric (Female) - The mother of the group, often venting her frustration with "her children" as their myriad other personalities continually put them at risk, while she's left cleaning up the mess (sometimes with the electric rain of Tempest and a good tongue-lashing for her wayward squad).

●Psychic (Female) - Mysterious and elegant, she says very little. There is an air of timelessness about her that makes age impossible to determine. She never really feels like part of the group, merely a gifted individual following in their wake - a living deus ex machina whose abilities rarely come into play except in the most dire circumstances.

Not gonna lie....these both seem to pin-point me very well....especially the Cleric, after-all it is my main and I play my Psychic much differently b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol did we have to be emo like ?XD...i was quite proud of myself.....untill i got hit with rankars aoe over 1.8k(had 1.7k hp), revieverd and was killed a sec after with same aoe again....and that four times in a row(each time i got a bit further away and somehow i got away finally). that incident made me think twice of goin up agaisnt him...tried to take on wyvern lol cause cleric was taking so long to revieve the other members....got one shotb:surrender...wanted to kill gargantoking solo since i had no help...got one-shot....well not quite one shot but it was like 1-shot five times at ONCE....over 6-7k dmg.....last time i soloed minibosses....but now muahaha...at least rankar gets his **** handed(not solo ofc but his aoe isn'T as bad anymoreXD) so u see i'm more of an idiot who takes risks.....tho i know i won't surviveXD

nice post tho i laughed at some describtions...at first i thought" oh great another barb fanatic who thinks hes the best" but it turned out wellXD

edit: p.s don't think i didn't learn from my mistakesXD

Eehm, actually, Kong (guargatio thingy) isn't a miniboss. It's a full blown real baddas boss who can curse you
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Byakura - Dreamweaver
    Byakura - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You description of the psychic seems a little too similar to the Wheel of Time series =/. Aes Sedai anyone? o.o ... or am I the only one that reads that series XD
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    I know of Wheel of Time (Robert Jordan, right?), but never read it. I'm going strictly by class abilities, appearance, and squad role. Having said that, I admit I haven't worked with many tideborn, since even when I am active in-game, it's either filming or WQ.
  • AngelicArrow - Harshlands
    AngelicArrow - Harshlands Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You description of the psychic seems a little too similar to the Wheel of Time series =/. Aes Sedai anyone? o.o ... or am I the only one that reads that series XD

LOL yeah they kinda are the same.

and i agree with everything in the OP except i always envision male BM as older guy who has to AOE clean up when things go wrong.. a protector
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Lol whether I agree with your logic or not, it was well worth the read.

Brightens (not that it was blue) this bm's day to read something like this. =x
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • XRiptidex - Lost City
    XRiptidex - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol Kephras you make my want to draw those personas!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Blue signature made my Strawberry_ thank you!!
    Red signature made and drawn by me.
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

...Now, I can name a few barbs that stabs this stereotype into the ground...>>;
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ●Archer (Male) - Cocky, reckless, and exhuberant. Prankster who seems never to comprehend the dangers of battle, never serious even in the thick of combat. Often taunts BM (male or female) with witty banter.

Hmm that would be me except for the BM taunting part b:laugh

and Hey you dont have to be serious while doing your job XD
  • Loner - Harshlands
    Loner - Harshlands Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    <--- Veno with herc.. I wanna say that I'm offended, but it's so damn true b:embarrass
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ●Veno (+Herc) - A spoiled ditz with a superiority complex. Believes she's better than everyone while relying solely on the hulking slab of meat at her side. Useful, but always demands to be the center of attention.

Not so much Veno, but more Psychic. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kalyrra - Harshlands
    Kalyrra - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2010

OMG THATS TOTALLY ME
  • Lythiaana - Dreamweaver
    Lythiaana - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i have to disagree on veno with herc and barb parts.

I have a barb friend and he is the opposite of what you described. He throws a fit and has giant anger that splashes on everyone in the squad when people have no idea what they are doing. He's willing to die for others, but always throws a giant rage temper afterwards.

For me, as a veno with a herc, I am NOT stuck up and spoiled. I spent alot to get that thing and I don't rely on it to tank alot. I consistently steal aggro from it alot and rush in for the heck of it. I also tend to help alot of ppl as well......I'm not self-centered. And whenever others whisper me, I answer back in a polite manner, whether they're nice or not.

I know BMs as well that are hotheaded and think they're all that with the damage and stealing aggro all the time.
  • VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver
    VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.
    That fits me pretty well. I am a natural leader, and I don't take orders well unless I really respect the person giving them. In TT I form my own squads, and do best with the kinds of people who love to hang on for the ride. I'm afraid I'm not slow to anger though... I have a very short fuse. Good thing is when it blows, it burns out pretty quickly. Idk, maybe my ego just needs a size adjustment b:surrender
    Awwww -melts- b:shy
  • Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    All round, pretty damn good job on descriptions, I've noticed alot of people fit most of the descriptions. Heavy and light armoured venos deserve descriptions aswell I think, since their play style shifts a bit with their higher defenses and fox form melee fighting.

Also, one thing the male BM is missing is the ego. "I CAN TANK IT!"
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    male wizards
    529.jpg
    b:chuckle
    xD
    ICHC-Lv30WizardCatAnimated.gif
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    i have to disagree on veno with herc and barb parts.

I have a barb friend and he is the opposite of what you described. He throws a fit and has giant anger that splashes on everyone in the squad when people have no idea what they are doing. He's willing to die for others, but always throws a giant rage temper afterwards.

For me, as a veno with a herc, I am NOT stuck up and spoiled. I spent alot to get that thing and I don't rely on it to tank alot. I consistently steal aggro from it alot and rush in for the heck of it. I also tend to help alot of ppl as well......I'm not self-centered. And whenever others whisper me, I answer back in a polite manner, whether they're nice or not.

I know BMs as well that are hotheaded and think they're all that with the damage and stealing aggro all the time.

Heh, they're just over-generalizations for your amusement and reading pleasure. And to that effect, I put the little disclaimer down at the bottom for you selfless +Herc types.
    b:pleased
    Naturally, not everyone is going to fit the mold, and that's fine. :) The original thread had about four pages of suggested 'class personalities' - I didn't post my overly-detailed notions until about page five.

By all means, if any of you have an alternate viewpoint, do feel free to post it! Be as detailed or as vague as you like - just remember there are eight classes now.
    b:victory
  • DieWalkure - Sanctuary
    DieWalkure - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2010

If each character was created in real life, how do you think they would be personally?

●Veno (+Insect) - A dark, elegant, and mysterious woman who takes disturbing pleasure in putting the "Venom" in Venomancer. Has at least one 'favorite' creepy-crawly she refers to as "my pet/love/precious" and makes every effort to seduce one of the other party members for her own ambitions (may be either selfish, or downright evil, or both)

●BM (Male) - The stolid warrior, similar to the Barb if a few years younger. Eager to take on a mantle of leadership and "prove himself" (or sometimes, prove himself better), and carries a streak of manic bloodlust when battle rages, rushing in brashly to wreak havoc. (May or may not accept the "You would have died without our help!" from party members afterwards)

●BM (Female) - A hot-tempered woman, quick to anger and heedless of consequences. Seemingly has a deathwish, yet always manages to come out on top... of a pile of enemy corpses... b:shocked

●Wizard (Female) - The studious librarian type. Older than all other characters (except possibly the Barb), and dislikes 'interruptions.' Dispatches enemies with a casual flick of the wrist, and a "May I go back to doing something IMPORTANT now?"
    (note: I envision her very similar to Varsuvius, from OotS)

●Archer (Female) - The opposite of the Male Archer. Cold, calculating, and ruthless - a killer to the core. Says very little, especially while putting a bolt through a wraith's head at 1,000 paces. (Jason Bourne in tight leather armor. Be afraid. Be very afraid)

●Assassin (Female) - Lighthearted and airy, she is a disturbing mix of innocence and violence. Though pleasant to be with, she makes the others thoroughly uncomfortable with her bloodsoaked duality.

●Psychic (Male) - Cool, calculating, and smug, he rivals the Wizard for power, though many find him more approachable and charming - his demeanor is a bit more casual. Perhaps good friends with either the (M) Archer or (M) Cleric, he often gets into verbal sparring with the Wizard. His reliability is questionable, since his relationship to the other party members might affect his willingness or speed at coming to aid them.

*Note to Herc Venos who might be offended - Yes, I know there are some of you who are VERY skilled and match other, more respectable profiles. Consider yourselves the exception to this stereotype and smile proudly about it.
    ●BM (Female) - A hot-tempered woman, quick to anger and heedless of consequences. Seemingly has a deathwish, yet always manages to come out on top... of a pile of enemy corpses...

lulz totally true my bm is kamikaze its death or glory all the way

absof**kinglutely :D
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I was like the male wiz... Especially during wraith attacks >_>;;;; Now I'm more [ervish, occasionally self-doubting, but often pulls through when he's needed, often showing a big flashy finish.... If he gets his casting done in time XD
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Works for some female wizards as well b:laugh
    Packs World International
  • Lythiaana - Dreamweaver
    Lythiaana - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Heh, they're just over-generalizations for your amusement and reading pleasure. And to that effect, I put the little disclaimer down at the bottom for you selfless +Herc types.
    b:pleased
    Naturally, not everyone is going to fit the mold, and that's fine. :) The original thread had about four pages of suggested 'class personalities' - I didn't post my overly-detailed notions until about page five.

By all means, if any of you have an alternate viewpoint, do feel free to post it! Be as detailed or as vague as you like - just remember there are eight classes now.
    b:victory

I guess you can put it this way. There's those that you described and the nice ones that actually want to go around to help others. b:victory
  • Picky - Lost City
    Picky - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2010

omg b:shocked hehe

to OP, maybe you should start writing our daily horoscopes?
This discussion has been closed.