3rd Strongest TW faction?

tenj#7625
tenj#7625 Posts: 50 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
OK so I been thinking for a long time about who the 3rd strongest faction is in TW right now. It's probably already common knowledge that Regicide and Nefarious are #1 and #2, but what about the #3??

I mean looking at the current factions... Right now there's Legendary, Redraidrs, Outlaw, Enelysion, Amplified, and Eminence.

Outlaw, Enelysion, and Eminence don't seem to be interested in TW anymore, so I'm not sure how to compare them to the rest. So eliminating the inactive factions, since there's no way to compare them.. who would make the best candidate for #3?

to me it seems..

Legendary - has some high levels in it still, but they've lost a lot of people in the past, but trying to rebuild, not sure how it's looking over there atm since their ex-leader just went to Nef..

Redraidrs - has been losing a lot of TWs lately, but they haven't been giving up. They've been gaining quite a few high levels and building up fast.. their members don't seem to worry about money as much as other people do which is probably a good trait.

Amplified - dunno what's happening to em, last I checked, a lot of em went to Enelysion, including their ex-director. and they keep ramming their heads into attacking Outlaw, I wonder how they're doing

Enelysion - have a lot of high levels in it, but don't seem to be interested in TW anymore.. their members leaving to more active factions it seems. they recently gained a lot of high levels from Amplified but it seems like they'll be getting any TW action anytime soon..

Eminence - allied to Nef or something, so I guess TW is over for them since they can't attack the only faction on the map.. lmao

Outlaw - have some high levels, but again don't seem to be interested in TW anymore.. their serious TW members probably also for more active factions
Post edited by tenj#7625 on

Comments

• NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary
    NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    hummm o_o now lets see
    b:bye

rofl Reg <3 for JG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The knife slides down the tip of my tongue.
    I'm finding pleasure in watching you writhe.
    I lean in just to lick the sweat off your face.
    I taste the reverence dripping down my throat.
  • Zolyph - Sanctuary
    Zolyph - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Outlaw, Enelysion, and Eminence don't seem to be interested in TW anymore, so I'm not sure how to compare them to the rest. So eliminating the inactive factions, since there's no way to compare them.. who would make the best candidate for #3?

Really? You probably should stfu about factions you obviously don't know about... Saying that (at least for Outlaw and Enelysion) they're inactive and don't seem interested in TW because they are smart enough not to throw their money carelessly away attacking Nef is a ridiculously small-minded thing to say. There are logistics behind not attacking, the same as there are when deciding to attack.

As for #3 strongest: It's easily Outlaw (though you'll have to forgive me for being biased b:pleased)
  • tenj#7625
    edited January 2010
    Really? You probably should stfu about factions you obviously don't know about... Saying that (at least for Outlaw and Enelysion) they're inactive and don't seem interested in TW because they are smart enough not to throw their money carelessly away attacking Nef is a ridiculously small-minded thing to say. There are logistics behind not attacking, the same as there are when deciding to attack.

As for #3 strongest: It's easily Outlaw (though you'll have to forgive me for being biased b:pleased)

/lolrage?

No offense, but that's just my honest opinion.. no intention to flame, but how can you become the #3 faction if you are hiding and QQing in a "Safe Zone" with your tail between your legs? Legendary and Redraidrs seem to be the only ones actively competing to gain land, and the only other factions that have attempted and succeeded in claiming land off Nef. It always seems that the ones not attacking are showing a sign of weakness or vulnerability by not doing so.

Even if you are throwing away money by attacking Nef, pairing up with the 2nd strongest, 3rd, 4th etc in one time slot gives you a high chance to win 10M. 500K is a laughable risk.. especially if you have nothing to lose on an attack. How do factions even get on the map if they can't afford a 500K bid? Or at least make an attempt to?

Saying there's logistics behinds not attacking sounds like an excuse, and hypocritical. I mean... you guys failed to take Legendary's land after bidding like 8M+ on them week after week with other factions... is attacking Nef any different? These factions have already proven they have money to waste, like 8M on Leg compared to 500K on Nef?... Considering if you pair up with other strong factions, you'd have a better chance @ land from the current Nef than from the old Leg.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Leg.

Before they lost their land and were knocked off the map they were taking on triple ganks weekly. And still holding their own considerably well. That's pretty impressive in my books. Don't get me wrong, rr, enely, outlaw, emi, amp and all the rest are pretty powerful, but would they last at all if they were getting attacked by multiple decent factions at once?

Not "throwing your money away" sounds like you've accepted nef would steamroll you regardless and you stand no chance against them. Doesn't sounds like a candidate to "3rd most powerful faction on the server" at all. And if it really is, then the server's TW is in a pretty sad state imo. =/ I very much doubt regi got to where they are today by sitting back and saying "Guys, nef are better than us, we can never beat them so it's pointless to try, we'll just wait a bit"
  • tenj#7625
    edited January 2010
    Leg.

Not "throwing your money away" sounds like you've accepted nef would steamroll you regardless and you stand no chance against them. Doesn't sounds like a candidate to "3rd most powerful faction on the server" at all. And if it really is, then the server's TW is in a pretty sad state imo. =/ I very much doubt regi got to where they are today by sitting back and saying "Guys, nef are better than us, we can never beat them so it's pointless to try, we'll just wait a bit"

For the factions that triple ganked Leg, they'd only be able to send 30-40 per war.. which is not all that different from Nef. The factions that won land of Leg knew they'd have it taken away from them the next week, but that didn't stop them, why is Nef so different? With most of Nef's top 80 having to defend Regicide in one time slot, how hard is it for the other 2 factions in the other 2 slots to stomp the other 40 or so Nefs? The only question is that who are the 3rd/4th strongest guilds that would have the best potential or at least try to accomplish that?
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I wouldnt say Outlaw is inactive. They always have a full 80 against Amplified's previous 50-60-ish.

RR seems to want to make an impact on the map. With pressure building on Nef from Regi and RR, I could see how a 3rd would probably break Nef's iron structure.

Its all up in the air really.

I gotta say tho, no one is up to par with Regi and Nef. They have the levels, the diehard gamers who spend night and day on their computers....and their fair share of cs'ers too (not insulting, ijs...I dont want anyone getting their panties in a twist)...moreso I would think than the other factions.

The others just seem to be content with their piece of land. *shrugs*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • n9crawler
    n9crawler Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    QQ much b:laugh ... you go from "strongest faction in TW" to "activeness".. in your so-called logisitic thought, "activeness" = "strongness".. awesome.. why dont your faction go poke redraidrs, outlaws, enelysions lands and find out...
  • SarahC - Sanctuary
    SarahC - Sanctuary Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Enelysion - have a lot of high levels in it, but don't seem to be interested in TW anymore.. their members leaving to more active factions it seems. they recently gained a lot of high levels from Amplified but it seems like they'll be getting any TW action anytime soon..

Not all of our high levels participate in TW, we are not a TW only faction lolol O.o? I always have to admire how people know so much about factions. b:chuckle Unless your one of my officers hiding on an alt, "seems like they'll be getting any TW action anytime soon", shows me how much you truly know about our faction. b:chuckle Good Luck to everyone on TW this weekend. ^_^
    "Anyone wanna doing cube atm?" - Aya
    "I click Release Corpse and it tells me I can't perform this action while dead." -Saveless
    Enelysionb:cute
  • bloodredmage
    bloodredmage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Legendary - has some high levels in it still, but they've lost a lot of people in the past, but trying to rebuild, not sure how it's looking over there atm since their ex-leader just went to Nef..

o.O , something finally caught my eye . Could you pls tell me of which ex-leader you speak off ?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's not Astypoo if that's who you're thinking...i dont even know who it is anymore >.<
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • bloodredmage
    bloodredmage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's not Astypoo if that's who you're thinking...i dont even know who it is anymore >.<

I was thinking of a veno WillowSky or a wiz MichaelBhb( I think it was the right name ) since those were the last leaders I knew .
  • Swaze - Sanctuary
    Swaze - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i thinks what people really wants to know is who the 17th strongest faction is...

-____-
    1st sage assassin in sanctuary. That's right, I jumped in with my eyes half closed. b:cute
  • tenj#7625
    edited January 2010
    I wouldnt say Outlaw is inactive. They always have a full 80 against Amplified's previous 50-60-ish.

RR seems to want to make an impact on the map. With pressure building on Nef from Regi and RR, I could see how a 3rd would probably break Nef's iron structure.

Its all up in the air really.

I gotta say tho, no one is up to par with Regi and Nef. They have the levels, the diehard gamers who spend night and day on their computers....and their fair share of cs'ers too (not insulting, ijs...I dont want anyone getting their panties in a twist)...moreso I would think than the other factions.

The others just seem to be content with their piece of land. *shrugs*

OK maybe I should clarify what I mean by inactive. When I say inactive, I mean not actively contending for the title of the #3 strongest. A faction could have 150 active people in it, but never make any effort to do challenging TWs or make an impact on the map.

It would only take another decent faction with a decent amount of strength near RR to cripple Nef. Nef putting in 40 ish people into RR and 80 to Regi when defending... had there been a 3rd contender they would have to forfeit a land to one of the three attackers every week.

Not to mention that Nef pay salary is getting more than halved because of 3 hour TWs against Regicide. Members there are already unhappy with the leadership/officership issues they have right now. Quite a few of their members won't have 100 hours for this weekend's TWs cause they got kicked for being afk in a 3 hour TW, they are shooting themselves in the feet.
    n9crawler wrote: »
    QQ much b:laugh ... you go from "strongest faction in TW" to "activeness".. in your so-called logisitic thought, "activeness" = "strongness".. awesome.. why dont your faction go poke redraidrs, outlaws, enelysions lands and find out...

Also I didn't equate activeness = strongness, I'm merely using activeness in contending to making an impact on the map for #3 strongest faction as a way of quantitatively comparing the same prowess with that of another faction.
    o.O , something finally caught my eye . Could you pls tell me of which ex-leader you speak off ?

People refer to him as Mikey, but I'm not going to use his full screen-name on here.
    Not all of our high levels participate in TW, we are not a TW only faction lolol O.o? I always have to admire how people know so much about factions. b:chuckle Unless your one of my officers hiding on an alt, "seems like they'll be getting any TW action anytime soon", shows me how much you truly know about our faction. b:chuckle Good Luck to everyone on TW this weekend. ^_^

You guys won't need a major foundation of high levels if you're only going to be up against 20-30 Nefs in one time slot. Albeit you should still be cautious, it won't necessarily be easy, but Nef's big guns will be put into Regi TW or else they will get rolled in 5 minutes. Which at this point in time, they can't afford because Regi is dangerously close to taking 1K streams off them, and they know they won't be able to take Regi 1v1 without Ironguards, so any land they lose to Regi.. they won't be getting back. Quicker communication between your squad leaders and members would be helpful.. faction chat can get a bit messy sometimes.
  • MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    MiStAiSa - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    People refer to him as Mikey, but I'm not going to use his full screen-name on here.

sweet! new people to kill b:pleased
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    OK maybe I should clarify what I mean by inactive. When I say inactive, I mean not actively contending for the title of the #3 strongest. A faction could have 150 active people in it, but never make any effort to do challenging TWs or make an impact on the map.
    Very understandable.
    My vote goes to LG or RR but im not sure which. Both seem to be active in TW attacks, and have a good amount of participants FOR tw. Altho LG isnt increasing in size/land, their TWs are a constant tug o war; they get land taken, but they can still take it back. Maybe not from Nef atm but they have a fairly strong % against other facs.
    I have RR my other vote because despite their land, they still actively attack the surrounding area, not just defend. Im assuming their strong, hard thing for me is that i only have the memory of RR being a very small faction... yeah the old RR.. (not sure why nef hasnt decided to wipe them off the map yet tho...considering their attacks)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    (not sure why nef hasnt decided to wipe them off the map yet tho...considering their attacks)

cause the red doesnt like green on the map b:surrender
    edited January 2010
    cause the red doesnt like green on the map b:surrender
    isnt green regi? >.> not RR
    Amplified - dunno what's happening to em, last I checked, a lot of em went to Enelysion, including their ex-director. and they keep ramming their heads into attacking Outlaw, I wonder how they're doing
    aside from 2 pple out of that group (exdirector and a wizzy), those bunch who left were pple that caused problems >.> it came as a good opportunity for us tbh. I feel sry for those factions that will take them in, theyll probably have alot of things to deal with later. Already seen one of them lie in their enelysion appli lol
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    isnt green regi? >.> not RR

What he meant was Red clears Green first b4 touching yellow/purple/black/pink/etc.... b:pleased
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • SarahC - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    You guys won't need a major foundation of high levels if you're only going to be up against 20-30 Nefs in one time slot. Albeit you should still be cautious, it won't necessarily be easy, but Nef's big guns will be put into Regi TW or else they will get rolled in 5 minutes. Which at this point in time, they can't afford because Regi is dangerously close to taking 1K streams off them, and they know they won't be able to take Regi 1v1 without Ironguards, so any land they lose to Regi.. they won't be getting back. Quicker communication between your squad leaders and members would be helpful.. faction chat can get a bit messy sometimes.

You made it seem like we should attack because of our high levels, anyways, I use faction chat for the few members who can not use/dont have vent. So I dont understand the problem. LOL

Grand Poobah of TW's pweeze teach us!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mold us into the TW powerhouse we are suppossed to be apparently, or even better the tw powerhouse that you are :D!

Lots of Love, Sarah. :D
    "I click Release Corpse and it tells me I can't perform this action while dead." -Saveless
    edited January 2010
    What he meant was Red clears Green first b4 touching yellow/purple/black/pink/etc.... b:pleased
    they HAVE cleared green couples times. Just the times they actually have done it, nef tends to go for the clearly opposing factions which seems to be LG prio > RR(maybe later?), setting aside outlaw and enelysion who either 1)have an unsaid agreement of no-attack-no-take, or 2)they were one of the factions sinangel took extra measures to PM to gank LG and allow them to keep their land in return.
  • SarahC - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    2)they were one of the factions sinangel took extra measures to PM to gank LG and allow them to keep their land in return.

My 1 good laugh of the day b:laugh
  • Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    Monkeytoes - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited January 2010

this^^
    as long as Regi holds land, the other landholding factions are pretty safe, I don't see Nef taking focus off of Regi anytime soon
    edited January 2010
    My 1 good laugh of the day b:laugh
    you never knew he does such a thing? lol
    Im not saying he actually DID for enelysion, just that fact that this person does such an action and putting in all possibilities. Theres a ton of diff. possibilities to look to, even the laughable ones could be true. (i bet the wright brothers experienced the same laugh lol) One advice is its good to broaden your perspective, the good and the bad, before you laugh things off, also can be applied to RL ;). Alto personally if it happened to me, i wouldnt even let any of my officers know if i took the offer seriously, especially ones that post on the forum.
  • tenj#7625
    edited January 2010
    You made it seem like we should attack because of our high levels, anyways, I use faction chat for the few members who can not use/dont have vent. So I dont understand the problem. LOL

Grand Poobah of TW's pweeze teach us!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mold us into the TW powerhouse we are suppossed to be apparently, or even better the tw powerhouse that you are :D!

Lots of Love, Sarah. :D

I'm quite aware you guys have vent, but that's not what I was talking about ;) What I was meaning to say was having a scout pass info to the squad leaders, for quicker transitioning from lanes, etc. Nef does have a lot of tricks up their sleeves as organized as they are. You'll have to find out what I mean when you go up against em.

Which is why there is nothing to lose from attacking Nef, all the heat is on the Green atm.. but half the potential #3 or #4 strongest factions haven't tried yet. Maybe they're self-interested or anti-social, who knows? I don't think any of them have tried to consolidate with the stronger factions yet.. or if they have, there doesn't seem to be much interest in following through with it.
  • SarahC - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    you never knew he does such a thing? lol
    Im not saying he actually DID for enelysion, just that fact that this person does such an action and putting in all possibilities. Theres a ton of diff. possibilities to look to, even the laughable ones could be true. (i bet the wright brothers experienced the same laugh lol) One advice is its good to broaden your perspective, the good and the bad, before you laugh things off, also can be applied to RL ;). Alto personally if it happened to me, i wouldnt even let any of my officers know if i took the offer seriously, especially ones that post on the forum.

lol no no not saying you said that, just the thought made me laugh x)
  • NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary
    NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i like where this is going.
    something to read when i has nothing to do
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The knife slides down the tip of my tongue.
    I'm finding pleasure in watching you writhe.
    I lean in just to lick the sweat off your face.
    I taste the reverence dripping down my throat.
  • MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    i like where this is going.
    something to read when i has nothing to do
    b:chuckle

go level to 102 nub
  • tenj#7625
    edited January 2010
    they HAVE cleared green couples times. Just the times they actually have done it, nef tends to go for the clearly opposing factions which seems to be LG prio > RR(maybe later?), setting aside outlaw and enelysion who either 1)have an unsaid agreement of no-attack-no-take, or 2)they were one of the factions sinangel took extra measures to PM to gank LG and allow them to keep their land in return.

I doubt it is the latter of the two because he got kicked outta Nef... and Krout plans TWs in Nef now.. Not like it matters atm anyways. When a #3 and #4 strongest faction can be established on the server that will attack Nef, smaller factions will start gaining land off of them again. Which will put cities in danger.

But for right now, Legendary is stuck in an unfavorable spot to be attacking Nef atm... so they are out of the picture. Leaving only Enelysion or Outlaw to rise up to compete with Redraidrs for the 3rd/4th strongest TW faction title against Nefarious.
    edited January 2010
    But for right now, Legendary is stuck in an unfavorable spot to be attacking Nef atm... so they are out of the picture. Leaving only Enelysion or Outlaw to rise up to compete with Redraidrs for the 3rd/4th strongest TW faction title against Nefarious.
    big IF b:surrender
    gossip club tells me there has been some finance related..........'difficulties' in one of them
  • Aliure - Sanctuary
    Aliure - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I very much doubt regi got to where they are today by sitting back and saying "Guys, nef are better than us, we can never beat them so it's pointless to try, we'll just wait a bit"
    I Lol'ed at this. XD

Anyways, on topic, I think it would still have to be either Leg or RR.
    "There is nothing worth your complete trust in this world other than yourself. The moment you lean on someone, you'll lose the strength to remain standing and when that person leaves, you'll end up hitting the ground."