edited January 2010
    Options
    Best PVP archer on HL: ZackXz b:chuckle
  • Dropzplox - Harshlands
    Dropzplox - Harshlands Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    tbh tho

you get the extra 1% mastery crit on demon, +10% for stunning arrow, +10% for sharptooth and +30% attack rate on quickshot

just seems to me that archers are attack rate, crit and raw weapon damage

ijs
    angeRR
  • SysGen - Harshlands
    SysGen - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    BanZzoK didnt pk at all till level 100 with rank8 has very poor damage (2k metal hits, 3xx autoshots why he autoshots at a BM I have no idea) for a demon dex archer, unable to kill me solo (which is pathetic with his refines).

If he haven't messed up his built with too much VIT/STR, this might be true what you wrote, including the lack of exp in pk because he rushed to 100 to get "endgame" gear, because that's the gear most will use the highest refines aka spend most "coins" on. Not everyone likes this playing style on a pvp server, including me. Guess this depends of how much of a pker you are, the knowledge of your class and strategies against other classes, deepness of your purse or being in a guild with many lands etc.. And currently, even with R8, the lack of pk exp of course is visible in his playing style BUT his pk exp curve will be shooting up very fast now, because he can concentrate on pvp now and he does so, at least i saw him doing good job against a group of high 8x - mid 9x, which of course weren't his lvl but as a group still can make a lot of problems. He also doesn't spam genie skills as much as some other archers u meant, referring more on the "basic" class skills available - what might change soon too.

For now you might be right but I'm sure you'll change your opinion quite soon.
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Its possible he might improve but fighting high 8x low 9x players wont improve his skills. Every archer I listed above him on my pvp list can kill groups of high 8x and low 9x players with no issues thats all about weapon and gear refines, when fighting players your own level high refine isnt everything, positioning, timing of skills and cooldowns to best take advantage of weaknesses, timing the skills of your opponent all play a huge part, the only way to get better at these things is by looking at your past experiences vs players your level and see where you could have done something better and work to improve it for the next fight. I havent seen him do this yet but ill keep looking and see if he improves over time.
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well, I took more than half of his/her HP while playin on my barb 82, with no chi at all and with Cudgel of Ancient Alloy. Didnt see anything special on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • SysGen - Harshlands
    SysGen - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    @Michael: And that's exactly the point why you can't compare him with the other you have listed, because he has quite no pvp exp while pretty much all other pvped a lot before 100. He is currently only a pve archer with r8, or well maybe top geared archer, nothing more and of course long way from being top pvp archer, to stay with the topic, on HL. Maybe you added him to your list only because he was mentioned before by anyone as a top pvp archer, I haven't read the whole thread exactly.
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    @ Sage bow mastery comment.

Demon Archer +12 8jun , Demon Bow Mastery
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=c88fb99bb04b65c6

Sage Archer +12 8jun Sage Bow Mastery
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=1c77519dada95547

400~ p atk more "Steady dmg" for sage. (Whats that like 50~ with pvp reduction?)

Now add the Demon together with the crit bonuses from stun and sharp + quickshot spam. IJS
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Stayne - Harshlands
    Stayne - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ya i don't think people choose sage for the damage...its more for the chi and survivability aspects.
  • prnflake
    prnflake Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    tbh tho

you get the extra 1% mastery crit on demon, +10% for stunning arrow, +10% for sharptooth and +30% attack rate on quickshot

just seems to me that archers are attack rate, crit and raw weapon damage

ijs

^ that. just that you get 2% from masteries
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    only carebear in pendulum was wrecked b:avoid
    jk i think every pendulum member was on top 50 pvp rankings.. i had 2 up there b:cute

Go finish that mage's Warsoul wep so i can play it on LC TWs b:cute
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i just tanked 10+ people at silver pool b:cute
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    but did you kill any
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    His 4 socket g8 sharded +6 molders onshot them all on sight. Then Narunarikahn helped with his 4 socket +6 wrist 78 molder and BangSloPp came with his lol6kHP8junarcherness and they all had fun b:laugh
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
    edited January 2010
    Options
    but did you kill any

i killed em all b:chuckle they kept coming back b:surrender
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i killed em all b:chuckle they kept coming back b:surrender

>silverpool
    >3x lvl range
    >killed them all
    oh ok
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    bawksy wrote: »
    >silverpool
    >3x lvl range
    >killed them all
    oh ok

as u can see im not red so i couldnt have killed a 3x at silver lol? unless a 3x attacked me and then my aoe killed them? i have white protections on b:pleased and the people at silver were all 75+ xD
  • Selfish - Harshlands
    Selfish - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    as u can see im not red so i couldnt have killed a 3x at silver lol? unless a 3x attacked me and then my aoe killed them? i have white protections on b:pleased and the people at silver were all 75+ xD

so you, as 9x, see any difference in killing 7x and 3x?
    edited January 2010
    Options
    so you, as 9x, see any difference in killing 7x and 3x?

there were also around 3 barbs 8x+ charmed and about 3 archers on me..and some other random ppl.
  • BigBang - Harshlands
    BigBang - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    there were also around 3 barbs 8x+ charmed and about 3 archers on me..and some other random ppl.
    hell its ur gear rlly .. when i was 70 i fougth u at whetstone u where mid 80 - 85 range aaand we ended up charm tickin u aint so great m8 just yer gear <_<
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Omen - Harshlands
    Omen - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hell its ur gear rlly .. when i was 70 i fougth u at whetstone u where mid 80 - 85 range aaand we ended up charm tickin u aint so great m8 just yer gear <_<

He's just not so great >.<

<3 u ****
    edited January 2010
    Options
    He's just not so great >.<

<3 u ****

hmm...next time tell me what im doing wrong when im bled+bramble+wep dmg i cant do much w/o buffs like any other archers out there unless you have 8k+ hp..
  • Stayne - Harshlands
    Stayne - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    somehow this thread turned into ****' biography in PWI loll....gzzzz man.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    somehow this thread turned into ****' biography in PWI loll....gzzzz man.

successs b:victory
  • ZackXz - Harshlands
    ZackXz - Harshlands Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    We gave up choosing who is the best Archer on HL, maybe cause there isnt enough PvP to go around. I appreciate some of the posts though that are actually useful and handy, the Sage Vs Demon stuff is cool too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkHam - Harshlands
    DarkHam - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I vote Stayne :)
    edited January 2010
    Options
    We gave up choosing who is the best Archer on HL, maybe cause there isnt enough PvP to go around. I appreciate some of the posts though that are actually useful and handy, the Sage Vs Demon stuff is cool too.

have you been to west gate..its like my home b:laugh went through 4 plat charms in a week..
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ummm... So far only archer decent enough to survive my gang efficiently is Curses and Stayed has improved form the first days. The rest just get rick rolled or happens to kill me some rare cases when there are outside factors occurring like me getting aimed by several other ppl.
  • ZackXz - Harshlands
    ZackXz - Harshlands Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    have you been to west gate..its like my home went through 4 plat charms in a week..
    Yes I've been to west gate, To be honest I don't think Its an actually PvP zone, possibley because I'm not there much or the fact that its a place where people randomly kill each other, usually the level gap between the killer and the killed is high but yeah charm burn Ftl >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flanders - Harshlands
    Flanders - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    **** died to a 6x BM when he was low-mid 8x...I was there witnessing it at Silver Pool.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    **** died to a 6x BM when he was low-mid 8x...I was there witnessing it at Silver Pool.

true emptiness+ drag while uncharmed hurts...