Top Archer in PvP

Options

Comments

• Taboo - Harshlands
    Taboo - Harshlands Posts: 1,420 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    taboo the poor fail barb only can kill some1 with perdition zerk/crit if its not enough he try to run to SZ b:shutup

zzzz, another troll. go do something productive, would ya?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    zzzz, Another Troll. Go Do Something Productive, Would Ya?

Lol Talkbwoo Talk More Fail Barb I One Shot Me And You Not Hp Go Tw When Inside Troll Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
  • ZackXz - Harshlands
    ZackXz - Harshlands Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lol, breathing really hard and clicking? How does this show he can control an archer better than the others x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Are you kidding me? I didn't even level until PvP died before I hit 9x. Now the only PvP is boring ganking at West Gate and TW. You were 96 when I was like 84.
    you were like 7x when i was 6x and i lvled pretty much fast imo
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Are you kidding me? I didn't even level until PvP died before I hit 9x. Now the only PvP is boring ganking at West Gate and TW. You were 96 when I was like 84.

Errr.. i didn't meant levels since i'm aware sin are still a working process for Devs and are way far from lvl 100.

What i meant is your PvE set up.

Full TT99/Event gear + Vit build + Sage + Pots spam = I don't think you should have played archer. In my book this build should be ran by Arcane Veno/Cleric and not main DD classes.

Just bringing this up cuz the topic is Top Archer in PvP, and the fact you tried to defend Sage "higher dmg output" when clearly you don't care about dmg output by running a Vit build.

I know plenty full Dex archers that would be able to survive my gank attempts and still have less gear than you >_>
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Errr.. i didn't meant levels since i'm aware sin are still a working process for Devs and are way far from lvl 100.

b:sweat
    me see a 92 assassins right here.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options

b:chuckle Teehee.

Still 1 month away from 100. That is far. :P GO GO GO make Facebook event happen!!
  • Taboo - Harshlands
    Taboo - Harshlands Posts: 1,420 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

really? me sees a sin with no 79, 100, or sage/demon skills. even when he does hit 100 the class will not live up to its potential until these things are implemented. therefore a true "pvp 100" is a long ways away because we have no clue when to expect such a patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You know what the GMs said to Nurfed when he summited a ticket about skills?
    b:laugh

I think that too. Also level has never been an issue past 90. I could be lvl 100 with full sage/demon/79 skill and w/o proper gear i'd still be ****.

Plenty farming to do while we wait til new content is implemented. b:cry
  • ZackXz - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Just saw BanZzoK at 1k streams, pretty over powered in my opinions, but I don't know about PvP skills, thoughts on Him/Her? Oh and Happy Birthday to me ^.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What i meant is your PvE set up.

Full TT99/Event gear + Vit build + Sage + Pots spam = I don't think you should have played archer. In my book this build should be ran by Arcane Veno/Cleric and not main DD classes.

Just bringing this up cuz the topic is Top Archer in PvP, and the fact you tried to defend Sage "higher dmg output" when clearly you don't care about dmg output by running a Vit build.

I know plenty full Dex archers that would be able to survive my gank attempts and still have less gear than you >_>
    If you just want to PvE, statting vit is a stupid idea unless you want to tank Belial, and everyone knows by now that archer-tanking him is a pointless waste of money. I statted Vit because light armor is trash and it's impossible to survive being hit by anything with decent damage without a lot of HP. Being a damage class is not only about doing damage all the time; you can't kill anything if you're not alive. I simply felt that the extra 600-ish HP was more useful than the 800 physical attack and 1% crit I'd get from putting those points in Dex. It was a lot more useful at lower levels, but it's slowly being phased out as my armor refines pick up, though.
    I picked Sage simply because I liked the skills and I felt I could work them into my PvP style much better than the Hell skills. I liked a few Hell skills like Quickshot, Lightning Strike and Wingspan, but on the whole Sage had more skills I thought would be more useful. The extra damage from Sage Bow Mastery balances out the Vit and brings the damage up to par with Hell archers for the time being, and once the Vit is gone it will be noticeably higher.
    Full Dex archers with less gear survive 4k crits with two other BM's stunlocking them at the same time? I call shenanigans.

How does HH99 armor and "event" gear make my build PvE?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • Dream - Harshlands
    Dream - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Just saw BanZzoK at 1k streams, pretty over powered in my opinions, but I don't know about PvP skills, thoughts on Him/Her? Oh and Happy Birthday to me ^.^

eh. he/she/it hurts cause of rank8 +11, but from what i've heard he/she/it is pretty bad skillwise
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    How can the 18th person on the pvp rankings be pve?

I'm pretty sure ligeia pvp'd more than anyone that has posted so far back when I played. From what I gather pvp hasn't been good since pre-9x so what is there to do besides level?

Sage vit build might be the build you hate the most (I don't like it either) but it's all preference, no matter how obviously good a certain setup is, if it doesn't work for you why choose it? I don't know peoples gear on here but archers get **** on endgame and if you don't have baller refines I can see the incentive to stat vit. I only don't do it because I can get almost 20 seconds of immunity and with how bad my damage already is I doubt I can kill much without triple spark. Also with how badly designed light armor is I prefer the "best defense is your offense" method, there is no middle ground tbh.
  • LulZZ - Lost City
    LulZZ - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    How can the 18th person on the pvp rankings be pve?

I'm pretty sure ligeia pvp'd more than anyone that has posted so far back when I played. From what I gather pvp hasn't been good since pre-9x so what is there to do besides level?

Sage vit build might be the build you hate the most (I don't like it either) but it's all preference, no matter how obviously good a certain setup is, if it doesn't work for you why choose it? I don't know peoples gear on here but archers get **** on endgame and if you don't have baller refines I can see the incentive to stat vit. I only don't do it because I can get almost 20 seconds of immunity and with how bad my damage already is I doubt I can kill much without triple spark. Also with how badly designed light armor is I prefer the "best defense is your offense" method, there is no middle ground tbh.

after 100 he turned bloodred and fullbound what a carebear b:shutup
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle my gosh zack when did you turn into a troll? lmao i liked the old you better. and you outleveled Cinematic qq b:cry
    btw got my tt70 bow made, and ready to go for top archer title b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TreySongz - Harshlands
    TreySongz - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    every1 knows that higher attackrate,more crits,more accuracy and more evasion are better b:chuckle

Anyone good would know that, sage stun + sage take aim will take out pretty much any cloth(since everyone is walkin around with their +10 and up weapons). And that you dont auto attack heavies. K THX
  • ZackXz - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm not a troll T.T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol kiwi i can count like 2 times when she turned her back to make herself pink, rest was just pk white name at xp spot. maybe she changed in her 8x-9x but i already left the game in that time
    sometimes takes down 3-4 around his lvl before he goes down
  • HunterPK - Harshlands
    HunterPK - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Anyone good would know that, sage stun + sage take aim will take out pretty much any cloth(since everyone is walkin around with their +10 and up weapons). And that you dont auto attack heavies. K THX

asolute domain ftw...b:bye..and btw did u ever play an EA? demon EAs have like 12 % more crit rate b:bye...without crits archer damage sucks nuff said
  • kenlee
    edited January 2010
    Options
    not like you can get rid of stun now... and where is the crits?
    btw, havent you learned that light armor is the worst end game? you talking about robe like its paper or something when in fact is better than light
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    demon EAs have like 2 % more crit rate
    Fixed this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • Stayne - Harshlands
    Stayne - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Didn't read through all of this so i don't know how it turned into demon vs sage...i think this should be moved to archer forums but they have like 10 of these threads.

Demon is awesome in my opinion only because of one skill..quickshot...yes there are others that are pretty good but having more chi is always beneficial than not..and you get that with sage (Although at 100 it becomes more irrelevent cause of insta sparks).

It's a personal preference..i don't think any one side is OBJECTIVELY better; it is in the end like someone said contingent on play style. I think having more hp/defenses using sage and vit build is a lost cause because we have the suckiest defenes in the game...so might as well optimize our offense using demon and pure dex and try and get uber refines......but that is my opinion and since there is no way to objectify which is better in pvp people should stop pronouncing one or the other to be gospel that all archers must follow.

On topic: Hidingshadow if he was still playing.
  • ZackXz - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    We have more nominations and that post was pro, Wewt ^.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    kenlee wrote: »
    lol kiwi i can count like 2 times when she turned her back to make herself pink, rest was just pk white name at xp spot. maybe she changed in her 8x-9x but i already left the game in that time

sometimes takes down 3-4 around his lvl before he goes down

only carebear in pendulum was wrecked b:avoid
    jk i think every pendulum member was on top 50 pvp rankings.. i had 2 up there b:cute
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hmm pvp archers on harshlands only a few to choose from but lets see what I have

Narukahnikan nice gear hits harder than BanZzoK against me and could actually probably solo me in a 1v1 as he knows his skills well.

Embustero doesnt pk alot has very nice gear and hits very hard.

Ligeia good sage vit archer, usually charmless for pvp works very well in squads and even solos people his level with no issues, has been pking quite successfully since low levels (various threads here by people about being pked by him)

**** sage dex archer, hits hard now solos various people his level the lower hp does make a difference when people get close though.

Thailer pks mostly around HO, silver pool and westgate has ok gear, issues with target priority frequently firing at suboptimal targets during mass pk wars, gets the job done against people around his level.

Dark_Fate tries hard to pk has terrible gear, frequently 2 shotted by anyone his level (even me with my +4 axes)

BanZzoK didnt pk at all till level 100 with rank8 has very poor damage (2k metal hits, 3xx autoshots why he autoshots at a BM I have no idea) for a demon dex archer, unable to kill me solo (which is pathetic with his refines)

They are ordered by how much risk of death I would face while fighting them in 1v1 or even group pk and yes the rank8 archer is all the way at the bottom of the list.
  • HunterPK - Harshlands
    HunterPK - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Fixed this.

without sharptooth or stunning arrow...
  • ZackXz - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Its seem that Sage Archer is owning demon so far? Thank you Michael, that post was epic win @_@
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hmm pvp archers on harshlands only a few to choose from but lets see what I have

Narukahnikan nice gear hits harder than BanZzoK against me and could actually probably solo me in a 1v1 as he knows his skills well.

Embustero doesnt pk alot has very nice gear and hits very hard.

Ligeia good sage vit archer, usually charmless for pvp works very well in squads and even solos people his level with no issues, has been pking quite successfully since low levels (various threads here by people about being pked by him)

**** sage dex archer, hits hard now solos various people his level the lower hp does make a difference when people get close though.

Thailer pks mostly around HO, silver pool and westgate has ok gear, issues with target priority frequently firing at suboptimal targets during mass pk wars, gets the job done against people around his level.

Dark_Fate tries hard to pk has terrible gear, frequently 2 shotted by anyone his level (even me with my +4 axes)

BanZzoK didnt pk at all till level 100 with rank8 has very poor damage (2k metal hits, 3xx autoshots why he autoshots at a BM I have no idea) for a demon dex archer, unable to kill me solo (which is pathetic with his refines)

They are ordered by how much risk of death I would face while fighting them in 1v1 or even group pk and yes the rank8 archer is all the way at the bottom of the list.

It's better to normal attack a warrior with sutra up most of the time sadly. Not sure how he can hit 3xx when I hit wr's for 600+ with normal attack without sutra 1k+ with and I have a +6 cv bow and 14.2 dex.
  • Foxxymage - Heavens Tear
    Foxxymage - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    blizey be the bests lolz
  • ZackXz - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's better to normal attack a warrior with sutra up most of the time sadly. Not sure how he can hit 3xx when I hit wr's for 600+ with normal attack without sutra 1k+ with and I have a +6 cv bow and 14.2 dex.

Wait what you have 1420 dex? O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]