Blinking/black screen glitch - Report Here!

Comments

• melrackham
    melrackham Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So any updates, any ETA on when this will be resolved?

Any idea as to whats causeing the glitch?
  • valrix
    valrix Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    My DxDiag
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    We're doing what we can by cataloging dxdiags for the devs to see which chipsets are having the issues.

Things like this are difficult to track down, because not everyone is getting the glitches.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Master_cloud - Raging Tide
    Master_cloud - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    guys i am also facing same problem b:cry
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/a2h8bf4/n/DxDiag.txt
  • Eaglesw - Lost City
    Eaglesw - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This should be the first priority to Perfect World but I can see its not b:angry
    Here is my dxdiag.
    I am willing to cooperate with Perfect World to solve this bug PM me if needed.
    You will never fly alone!
  • closetyeti
    closetyeti Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    For the time being, if looking at the grass or moving away doesn't seem to help anyone, try putting the game in windowed mode -- solved my issue as well as others' issues on different games. Rather than flashing, there is a performance hit and everything becomes very choppy. In this case, simply looking away does work.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TJ0WVJMX (DXDiag)

Happens when viewing a specific building with bubbles floating on it's wall. There's a teleporter inside that causes the game to crash to desktop when you attempt to use it.
  • burningsouls
    burningsouls Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    same problem here :( not sure if only on start area
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PXBIQ10D DxDiag
  • annisa
    annisa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It is the graphics on the teleporter building in TB home. Just change the graphics on that building.

There is another location with this issue, Caves of menaces, in the water where you exit the boss from (the cave in the back), if you look at one of the walls (south west) this happens also.
  • Ljia - Sanctuary
    Ljia - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    http://pastebin.com/m5ed2b1e0

Like closetyeti, running in windowed mode stops the blinking but the performance becomes choppy. This only happens in Dragonfang Village and Raging Tide City. I've also updated Directx and the graphics drivers.
  • Chewienz - Sanctuary
    Chewienz - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
  • tenshioppai
    tenshioppai Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
  • midnightmania
    midnightmania Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I get flashing but not a black flash. Almost always in the Tideborn areas, most common the starting area, but I have once got the same thing inside archo west.
    When it flashes the ground just vanishes, dosent turn black, but like you just deleted the ground your walking then comes back then deleted again and repeats. Seems to fix itself if I exit client and reboot, untill i go near tideborn starter area again.
    I was told it was my video vard not being campitable, but this is a expensive box and if the game has a prob with high end graphics cards then have a prob here :P
    I am in Vista 64, I have 24GB ram, 3TB HD, using a CoreI7-950, ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 with 2GB ram, using 2 of them on crossfire bridge.
    I did some messing around, because was getting really annoying, and I pulled out one of the video cards so removed the crossfire connection, the problem does still happen, but it seems to correct itset if i re angle the cam to look at the sky then back at the ground seems to be ok. So not sure if the others are using crossfire or not, but possible problem with that maybe?

I also tried to use Windows7, I got a free upgrade with my pc, and it seemed to be alot worse a issue on Windows7 then on vista64. Help hope something happens

Happy PWIng
  • Eaglesw - Lost City
    Eaglesw - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Shame on you Perfect World !!! You released another patch and you still didn't fix the blinking/black screen glitch shame on you !!
    You will never fly alone!
  • drilmanae
    drilmanae Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Here is the link to view my DX diagnostics.

I only appear to have the trouble in the new Tideborn area, the city was okay, but the other beginning areas are not. Pointing the camera directly at the ground and zooming in stops this, however as you can imagine, it is awkward to quest in such a manner.

I am currently attempting play in Windowed mode which alleviates the game breaking flashing error to be replaced with game deterring lag and choppiness. Including delays in response to any keypresses and mouse commands. Oftimes changing the camera angle will not exit the camera changing stance as it acts like I am still holding down the right mouse button until I click it again.

I hope there is resolution for this soon. I was looking forward to the expansion for so long :) As someone who works with programming myself I can appreciate the time and effort required to correct any issues. Best of luck!
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Gee... I feel stupid for not seeing this before. The more, the merrier.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jinymngrnmm
    There's my desktop's dxdiag. b:cute
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Stealth_X - Harshlands
    Stealth_X - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I changed my game to window mode from full mode and the flashing stopped immediately and never returned..
  • ellington
    ellington Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yup right there
  • lilmspiggy
    lilmspiggy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    this glitch only happens to me in dragonfang village playing my assasin.. if i play in a different area with a different character ..no glitch
  • lilmspiggy
    lilmspiggy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    in dragonfang village, if ur facing in the direction of the portal, the blinking glitch starts happening... u have to look away or look down then it will stop
  • twilightmagic
    twilightmagic Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010

System Information
    Time of this report: 1/25/2010, 19:20:24
    Machine name: LUCKYDOG-PC
    Operating System: Windows Vista
  • lisa2
    lisa2 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
  • fiodor94
    fiodor94 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
  • John_henry - Lost City
    John_henry - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i have the same problem with the screen flickering only happens when im looking at the portal where pshychics race start out at idk about any other area since i stopped playing my character till it gets fixed heres my dxdiag http://www.file-upload.net/download-2200497/dxdiag.zip.html
  • Erik - Heavens Tear
    Erik - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    My laptop which has this issue running windows 7 64 bit:
    http://www.attitudegaming.nl/win7laptopx64.txt

My desktop which has the issue while running windows 7 64 bit (radeon 4890):
    http://www.attitudegaming.nl/win7desktopx64.txt

the same desktop running windows XP 32 bit (i use dual boot, just for perfect world, to be able to play in tideborn area) does not have the issue:
    http://www.attitudegaming.nl/xpdesktopx86.txt
    ---
    Attitude Marshal
  • Kazamatt - Dreamweaver
    Kazamatt - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have no idea what you've done in last patch, but TB starting area is blackscreen-free to me. Thank you!^^
  • Erik - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    I haven't tried logging on @ windows 7 after the latest patch. I'll try that tonight.
    ---
    Attitude Marshal
  • AsumaBr - Harshlands
    AsumaBr - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lisa2 wrote: »

I have this problem too
  • Erik - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    For me the issue has been resolved as well! Ignore my post from this morning ;)
    ---
    Attitude Marshal
  • kprice7
    kprice7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Issue has gotten worse for me. Use to be flashing only, then blinking black screen. Now however I get as far as "Entering Perfect World" and the whole thing locks up. Have had PWI for the last two months with no problems. This just started in the last few days. Not sure if it was the latest update or what. Am put out that this issue keeps me from the game. (the only one I actually paly anymore). Hope it's resolved soon.
This discussion has been closed.