Should I ticket this?

Dizzel - Lost City
Dizzel - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
I was wondering if this is something I should report or not.
I was doing WQ and I saw town of arrivals in the distance, needing to go afk, I clicked on an area in safe zone to fly to and walked out. When I returned I was dead. Apparently I had not quite made it to sz and a player had intentionally ticked my brand new hp charm till it died then killed me. I whispered the player telling them I was afk, to wich they replied "I'm selling a new hp charm for 1.4 mill" b:angry I have screen shots of the dmg log, players name and comments.
Just wondering if it's even worth the ticket?
I know it's against moral but not sure if there's a rule =/
Post edited by Dizzel - Lost City on

Comments

• /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So, you want to report a player because you made a mistake of afking outside the safe zone on PvP server?
    Packs World International
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So, you want to report a player because you made a mistake of afking outside the safe zone on PvP server?

so what? just bcuz its a pvp server doesnt mean that everybody on there has to be a complete and total scumbag.

yea, report the person.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    so what? just bcuz its a pvp server doesnt mean that everybody on there has to be a complete and total scumbag.

yea, report the person.

PvP server means just that. After level 30 you are fair game outside of a safe zone. OP went afk knowing he wasn't safe, another player toasted him for it, and ticked his charm off. I see nothing wrong with that. There is no rule that says you have to let someone go to a safe zone if they are afk, and no rule saying you can't tick their charm down before killing them.

Also the OP stated "he intentionally ticked my brand new hp charm down before killing me" which means he was afk for a significant amount of time. OP was stupid for going afk outside of a safe zone. He got what he deserved. No rules were broken in doing this. Why waste a GM's time just because the OP was stupid? I am sure he won't make that mistake again, and if he does, then he is not only stupid, but an idiot as well. If he doesn't, then he learned from the experience and gains in wisdom.

~S
  • KingRedClaws - Lost City
    KingRedClaws - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010

yea, report the person.

Lol hard at that. To the: OP so basically you want to ban a guy for pking you on a pvp server. Dude you are on a PVP SERVER. You are to be attacked by anyone, anytime as many times as he wants. You agreed to this when you chose to play on this server. There is nothing wrong. Your mistake not his. Sorry but it's the truth.

Yea I want to complain too. Someone pked me at Orchid Temple and I wasn't ready for it. I dropped something on the floor while I was playing and the other guy didn't wait for me to find it and resume playing.
    Epic sig soon to come.b:pleased
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So... let's see...

You go AFK before you double check to make sure you're inside a safe zone..

Somebody PKs you - as they are entitled to - and kills your charm in the process...

You tell them you were AFK and they killed your charm and they tell you that they're selling a charm... Hmm...

Serves you right for not checking to make sure you were inside a safe zone. Be grateful he offered to sell one to you afterwards, I would have told you to take your QQ elsewhere and not offered to sell you anything at all.

@ Vinat : You can't report somebody for PKing you in a PvP server. Why don't we report you for being mean and calling somebody a scumbag?
    No? Well that's basically along the same lines of what you suggest. Get a hold on reality, and next time watch what you say, because it can sure as anything be used against you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yeah it sucks..That guy was kinda mean but nothins gonna happen if you send a ticket. Its a PvP server. Thats what you signed up for i guess
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    uh huh so the rules on greifing that apply to pve servers dont apply to pvp ones? intentionally trying to ruin something in the game for someone else is against the rules, is it not?

whoever attacked this guy took unnecessary advantage of someone vulnerable. its the same thing as ppl who pk noobs in sp and charge them a toll. the guy didnt want a fight, he just wanted to cause someone undue distress and waste all for his own kicks.

just because mechanically it's "allowed" does not mean its ok or something someone should do.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    uh huh so the rules on greifing that apply to pve servers dont apply to pvp ones? intentionally trying to ruin something in the game for someone else is against the rules, is it not?

Griefing : camping a player to the point they can no longer play the game, do their quests and generally have fun.

Killing an AFK person isn't griefing. Duuuuuuuur. So, no, killing an AFK person isn't against the rules, smart one. It's their own fault for going AFK outside a safe zone, much like if you're on a PvE server, get PK'd and drop something, it's your own fault for not having a GA or safety lock on.

Please look up the meaning of words and double check rules before you try and use them for your own argument. Cause you know, it helps if you actually get the meanings right in the first place.

-edit- We never said that what happened was okay, we're saying that the OP deserved it for going AFK outside a safe zone and expecting NOT to die while he was away. Stupid in itself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010

whoever attacked this guy took unnecessary advantage of someone vulnerable. its the same thing as ppl who pk noobs in sp and charge them a toll. the guy didnt want a fight, he just wanted to cause someone undue distress and waste all for his own kicks.

just because mechanically it's "allowed" does not mean its ok or something someone should do.

Any harm that comes to you because of your own stupidity can't be repaired. On a pvp server you can be anything even an a-hole. And there is no rule against that. You can scream about it as much as you want, this is the truth. You dont just afk outside SZ on a pvp server and ask for your charm back. On lost city or harshland you dont get to choose your fights, and goes for us all.
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2010

It's allowed thus not reportable. And not everybody is nice and spouting rainbows everywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010

You are wrong, it isn't griefing. How do you know the person who attacked him was able to 1 shot him? As far as you know all he could do was enough damage to continually tick his charm so he attacked and attacked trying to get a kill and it kept ticking the guys charm until he finally got the kill? You don't know this either way so your just speculating and basing things on how you would behave.

He is on a PVP server and as such, if he is outside of a safe zone, he is fair game. It doesn't matter if he had his charm ticked off and then killed, or he was 1 shot. He was out side of safe, and as such has to deal with the consequences of going afk in such an area.

Seriously, why waste a GM's time over this? The answer is simple to predict.

GMSoAndSo: Player X did nothing wrong, sorry we can not help you with this issue.

~Saitada
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I was wondering if this is something I should report or not.
    I was doing WQ and I saw town of arrivals in the distance, needing to go afk, I clicked on an area in safe zone to fly to and walked out. When I returned I was dead. Apparently I had not quite made it to sz and a player had intentionally ticked my brand new hp charm till it died then killed me.

Unless you know the level of the person who killed you the "intentionally" might not be the case.

Since ToA is a level 50ish area he/she might not have been able to get past your charm tick, and thought " hey I will attack him till he comes back or he dies "
  • benjina
    benjina Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    intentionally trying to ruin something in the game for someone else is against the rules, is it not?
    ^---I would report him for simply this reason ticking your charm a little is one thing but wasting the entire thing is excessive and intentional (unless ofc the person who pked you wasnt capapble of killing you while you were charmed?). Most of the people are right in saying nothing is likely to come of it. However, enough people reporting the same person for being an (insert name here), is enough to get the GM's to intervene to some extent. I do also agree that it was stupid to not check to make sure you were in SZ before going afk though. b:shutup
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    dont talk down to me. that definition you gave, that's a part of greifing, but it's not limited to that alone. harassment is greifing too. thats verbal, nothing to do with "camping" somebody. and i know the rules perfectly well. i've broken them and gotten in trouble because of it plenty in the past. i've been in trouble for (quote from the gm who scolded me) "greifing" somebody when all i did was curse them out for 2 minutes on a single occasion. the definition of greifing is actually whatever the gm who responds to the ticket considers it to be.

and on a side note, if the gms DONT consider intentionally bunring out someone's charm while they're afk to be greifing, yet participating in an argument is.. lol. thats unfair and absurd.

and i wanna say something, but i know i'll get in trouble for it, so i'll rephrase it: i'm glad i'm on a pve server so i dont have to deal with scumbags.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    WOW Vinant, your like one of those people that stands in the corner of the gym screaming "DONT HURT ME ITS NOT NICE" and im one of those people that "miss" the hockey puck and hit you in the face..

Silly PVE rules do not apply to a PVP server, we have every right to tick anyones charm, as it is why its there, and to pk any lvl 30 or 90 that we want..... thats why its PVP not whatever the heck you play.....

*cough* says the oracle noob
    edited January 2010
    dont talk down to me. that definition you gave, that's a part of greifing, but it's not limited to that alone. harassment is greifing too. thats verbal, nothing to do with "camping" somebody. and i know the rules perfectly well. i've broken them and gotten in trouble because of it plenty in the past. i've been in trouble for (quote from the gm who scolded me) "greifing" somebody when all i did was curse them out for 2 minutes on a single occasion. the definition of greifing is actually whatever the gm who responds to the ticket considers it to be.

and on a side note, if the gms DONT consider intentionally bunring out someone's charm while they're afk to be greifing, yet participating in an argument is.. lol. thats unfair and absurd.

and i wanna say something, but i know i'll get in trouble for it, so i'll rephrase it: i'm glad i'm on a pve server so i dont have to deal with scumbags.

You need the scumbags to make the heroes shine.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010

True, killing a person repeatedly isn't JUST griefing, but I'm very sorry to say that neither is killing somebody outside a safe zone. The OP states that he was in ToA - an area predominantly surrounded by level 5xs questing. It wouldn't surprise me if the person trying to kill him simply couldn't get past his charm.

The OP states it was intentional yet he was never there to see what happened in the first place. If you're not there when something happens, don't call somebody out on doing something "intentionally" because you have no evidence it was - no matter how intentional it seems.

Similarly, you're calling somebody a scumbag when you don't even have an accurate picture of what accurately happened. Don't you talk about unfair and absurd when you're no better yourself. For all we know the guy who killed him could have been a 5x who ticked his charm into oblivion, simply wanting a kill, not to intentionally hinder somebody's progress and **** them off.

You aren't supposed to go AFK outside a SZ and if you do, expect the worst when you come back, because it's your own damn fault for leaving in the first place.

No GM can consider what happened as griefing. Because as it happens, that wasn't griefing. That was somebody making a stupid mistake and paying for their actions.

Need we spell it out for you any further or do you insist on trying to somehow prove what happened is in any way worth the time of a GM?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010

Now Vinat, you know me well enough to know I talk down to everyone. But the fact is, you don't know the situation fully enough to be able to say with out a reasonable doubt, that the attacker was able to kill the OP between charm ticks. Without knowing the full particulars, your reacting to one side of the story.

What we do know from the OP own words is, they could SEE the safe zone, but were not IN the safe zone, and they still went afk. Doing that in and of itself was utter stupidity on the OP part. That someone ticked off their charm and then killed them while they were afk also suggests they were afk for a significant amount of time. They were stupid in what they did. They paid for their stupidity in the loss of their 'new charm' and their life. Now they are coming on the forums and QQing about it and asking if they should report a person for pvping them on a pvp server.

Sorry, but in all honesty... what your saying and arguing has no merit or grounds here.

~S
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    actually i was saying that airyll (lesser) and bull (moreso) were talking down to me. decided to not quote it bcuz.. idk, just lazy. you've never disrespected me.

and just for devil's advocates sake (as im now bored with this discussion) --"you dont know it was intentional" -- right back at ya, you dont know that it wasnt. and i really dont care anymore what the "rules" are. i thnk we can all agree that pking someone who was clearly afk was a cheap shot.

and for bull -- whatever blows your skirt up, microphallus. im going back to bed. have fun making fun of me and calling me names for having a conscience and empathy for others. ty for reaffirming my low opinion of your ikl.

goodnight guys. b:surrender
    edited January 2010
    actually i was saying that airyll (lesser) and bull (moreso) were talking down to me. decided to not quote it bcuz.. idk, just lazy. you've never disrespected me.

and just for devil's advocates sake (as im now bored with this discussion) --"you dont know it was intentional" -- right back at ya, you dont know that it wasnt. and i really dont care anymore what the "rules" are. i thnk we can all agree that pking someone who was clearly afk was a cheap shot.

and for bull -- whatever blows your skirt up, microphallus. im going back to bed. have fun making fun of me and calling me names for having a conscience and empathy for others. ty for reaffirming my low opinion of your ikl.

goodnight guys. b:surrender

We wont make fun of you. That would mean we care. Good night.b:cute
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol @ some of the brain dead responses on this thread.

Intentionally pulling mobs to town to kill people has always been illegal, although actually getting the GM's to do anything about it is probably a lost cause.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010

Sorry to say I have this nasty habit of talking down to - and certainly sounding like I'm talking down to - a lot of people. Generally it happens more when I'm tired then when I'm not... or when my allergy for stupid kicks in. As it happens, today I'm tired and there is stupid written all over this topic.

Cheap shot or not, PK is PK. It doesn't care about your faction, if you're on an alt or your main, whether you use a genie or pot, whether you have good gear or **** gear, or whether you're AFK. There are very few rules when it comes to PK, and if you happen to go AFK... you leave yourself vulnerable to dirty tricks and cheap shots at you're own risk.

No reason to report somebody because you were foolish enough to go AFK outside a safe zone in the first place. Which is the main point many of us were trying to make. We then simply discredited your argument with the above points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lunk_Warleg - Sanctuary
    Lunk_Warleg - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    While I won't debate too much if the OP is entitled to to send a ticket or not, I can't help to notice that the next few posters all rush to call him or his action "stupid".
    Let's not confuse being careless with being stupid because is really not even close. I am tempted to agree with most of you and the OP should assume the consequences of his actions. So a ticket would yes, seem useless since he is on a PVP server.
    There is a difference from trying to tell a blunt truth and just call him stupid.
    What I have seen after hist post was just a few persons acting uselessly with a great deal of impertinence. What ever charges your e-pens, but that is no way you should tell him that he is wrong !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Excuse my double post...

Intentionally pulling mobs to town to kill people has always been illegal, although actually getting the GM's to do anything about it is probably a lost cause.

Care to tell us where "pulling mobs to town" fell into this thread?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2010

What thread are you reading ? No mobs were pulled anywhere. The OP was pked on a PvP server while being afk
  • Lunk_Warleg - Sanctuary
    Lunk_Warleg - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think she refered to the fact that some more obvious things happened, but GM didn't take a measure right away (or at all)?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ardaanaa - Heavens Tear
    Ardaanaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Good light on whole situation would be if OP say what kind of HP charm was in use.

And maybe he should examin more closely damage log and check if he really was killed by this player.
    As far as i known CoA area, there are plenty air <high agroo happy> mobs there <including Jewel and his henchpteros> to burn down even gold charm if someone leaves his char AFK outside safe zone.

However if he was killed by other player... then i must say OP simply asks for troubles leaving his char alone for propably long time.
    Heck even on PvE server afk flying to CoA is dangerous and on PvP such risk is doubled so if OP can be mad on anyone then he should look in the mirror.
    Beside why he do not used auto cancel flying upon arrival option?, so he could auto land in safe zone and stay out of any danger <attack on character do not cancel auto set fly>.
    So i think in this case could be second bottom but one thing is sure as many pointed here.
    Ticket is a lost of OP and GMs time and really... saying "someone intentionally killed me" and admitting that "victim" was not present to saw whole action sounds little too overreacting because "victim" cannot known what was real intention of pker...
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    PvP server means just that. After level 30 you are fair game outside of a safe zone. OP went afk knowing he wasn't safe, another player toasted him for it, and ticked his charm off. I see nothing wrong with that. There is no rule that says you have to let someone go to a safe zone if they are afk, and no rule saying you can't tick their charm down before killing them.

Also the OP stated "he intentionally ticked my brand new hp charm down before killing me" which means he was afk for a significant amount of time. OP was stupid for going afk outside of a safe zone. He got what he deserved. No rules were broken in doing this. Why waste a GM's time just because the OP was stupid? I am sure he won't make that mistake again, and if he does, then he is not only stupid, but an idiot as well. If he doesn't, then he learned from the experience and gains in wisdom.

~S

+12

/10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Griefing : camping a player to the point they can no longer play the game, do their quests and generally have fun.

Killing an AFK person isn't griefing. Duuuuuuuur. So, no, killing an AFK person isn't against the rules, smart one. It's their own fault for going AFK outside a safe zone, much like if you're on a PvE server, get PK'd and drop something, it's your own fault for not having a GA or safety lock on.

Please look up the meaning of words and double check rules before you try and use them for your own argument. Cause you know, it helps if you actually get the meanings right in the first place.

-edit- We never said that what happened was okay, we're saying that the OP deserved it for going AFK outside a safe zone and expecting NOT to die while he was away. Stupid in itself.

I'll readily admit going AFK on a PK server is buckets of stoopid. But *killing* a fresh charm?

Sounds like griefing to me. OP, while a dumb***, was afk and *can't* be strong enough to charm-tank for that long.

Correct me if I'm reading this wrong, but it *sounds* like some clown sat there and hit OP enough to tick their charm, waited, then did the same again, with the express purpose of destroying their charm.

You know, PKing someone is a one-shot event. I kill you, you're dead, nyah.

Intentionally grinding their charm to dust, *knowing they are not there*?

I doubt it's against the rules, but it's amazingly low. I hope that jughead gets put on every KOS list on the server. I'd like to see a squad go out and stun that person, and just keep ticking his charm till it's gone. Repeatedly.

RedMenace

\<shrugs>
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • JoeyPoey - Sanctuary
    JoeyPoey - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I hate QQ posts. Be a man and suck it up. You did a stupid thing. Next time, maybe AFK at a higher altitude? People who go to PvP servers intending to PK deserve to get PK'd when their guard is down.

Am I right?
    "Who the hell do you think I am?!?"

-Kamina

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JoeyPoey: Leader of Tengen: The Great Gurren Brigade.

Also, the baddest mutha this side of the Sanctuary server.
This discussion has been closed.