Hey, new here.

Options
Nibsy - Heavens Tear
Nibsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Etherblade (West)
Just thought I'd say hello. Playing with my girlfriend who is a level 12 Archer, for now. We'll be playing everyday and hopefully leveling relatively quickly.
Post edited by Nibsy - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Lilanella - Heavens Tear
    Lilanella - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Welcome! Hope you have fun in the game b:pleased
    Nice server choice btw ;)
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Just thought I'd say hello. Playing with my girlfriend who is a level 12 Archer, for now. We'll be playing everyday and hopefully leveling relatively quickly.

Once you hit Lv30 you have the option to enter "Premium Kill" mode, PK mode for short, the exp doubles for everything but you can only use it 10 hours each day.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nibsy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Once you hit Lv30 you have the option to enter "Premium Kill" mode, PK mode for short, the exp doubles for everything but you can only use it 10 hours each day.
    Disappointing. Sorry but I'm not willing to get PKed and have my items drop simply because someone decides to lie about it in a welcome thread.

And thanks for the welcome, Lilanella. It's ashame there is players like the above, but I guess that's just unavoidable, in any game.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Disappointing. Sorry but I'm not willing to get PKed and have my items drop simply because someone decides to lie about it in a welcome thread.

And thanks for the welcome, Lilanella. It's ashame there is players like the above, but I guess that's just unavoidable, in any game.

Gonna have to losen up and have a bit more tolerant sense of humor if you plan to stay sane on heavent tear.

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    SgtSIaughter that be mean.
    b:surrender

well Nibsy don't worry
    there be a nice in game feature called the blacklist which can be used to ignore people like SgtSIaughter.
    b:chuckle

also have fun.
    d(^.-d)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nibsy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Gonna have to losen up and have a bit more tolerant sense of humor if you plan to stay sane on heavent tear.

Or I can just make my own group I hang around with that can actually tolerate being mature without misleading new players. I think I'll go with that.

MagicHamsta - Will do. :P To be honest I'm used to people like him, though. So it's really not a big deal. Some people nowadays just prefer to be e-thugs and refuse to help other people, or in his case mislead them to give them a rough time.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Or I can just make my own group I hang around with that can actually tolerate being mature without misleading new players. I think I'll go with that.

MagicHamsta - Will do. :P To be honest I'm used to people like him, though. So it's really not a big deal. Some people nowadays just prefer to be e-thugs and refuse to help other people, or in his chase mislead them to give them a rough time.

http://www.ffxils.ca/ethug2.jpg

lolz couldn't resist. Sgt. is fluffy & makes good funnies; roll with it, it's good for you health.
  • Nibsy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I just don't find misleading new players very funny, if I had "rolled with it" as you say, I'd be dead and losing items after I hit 30, I wouldn't say that's good for my health.

Anyways, I'll be online for awhile now, feel free to add me in-game if anyone wants to chat or whatever.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I just don't find misleading new players very funny, if I had "rolled with it" as you say, I'd be dead and losing items after I hit 30, I wouldn't say that's good for my health.

Anyways, I'll be online for awhile now, feel free to add me in-game if anyone wants to chat or whatever.

The it was meant to be humorous, anyone who plays mmo's knows what PK/PVP stands for and if u didn't..... you would MAYBE lose some dirt cheap Lv20+ armors.

And most people would give it right back since Lv20~30 gear isn't even worth the take it takes to NPC them.

On a side note, "e-thug"?
    Since when is harmless and humorous hazing(which could also be considered as camaraderie) considered a character trait of an e-thug?

Don't be a meanie McNameCaller.
    b:cryb:cry

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The it was meant to be humorous, anyone who plays mmo's knows what PK/PVP stands for and if u didn't..... you would MAYBE lose some dirt cheap Lv20+ armors.

And most people would give it right back since Lv20~30 gear isn't even worth the take it takes to NPC them.

On a side note, "e-thug"?
    Since when is harmless and humorous hazing(which could also be considered as camaraderie) considered a character trait of an e-thug?

Don't be a meanie McNameCaller.
    b:cryb:cry

Sarge...just leave the humorous trolling to me. b:chuckle

Just keep doin' what you do best; one-shotting me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Stinky - Raging Tide
    Stinky - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    welcome to HT pal...if u cant take that little joke of sgt ur time in ht will be hard...b:chuckle
    Fistarian FTW!

i dont care what ppl say its better try something diferent than the same old wuss build RAWR

First fist barb on RT :P

b:laugh
  • Sentaku - Heavens Tear
    Sentaku - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Oh posh, what's wrong with calling out someone who was trying to mislead you? b:chuckle It just means you're smart enough to know when someone's trying to swindle you (even if it is a joke! in which case, perhaps you should have said something within the same post to indicate it as such). It's not as if he was upset about the joke, just calling Sgt out about it. b:victory

Anyhow, I'm the "girlfriend". Nice to meet all of you! So far I'm enjoying Perfect World, though I admit I'm not too knowledgeable about the game quite yet. If anyone has some tips or whatnot (of the legit type) feel free to share, I'd really appreciate it. b:cute Hope to see some of the more friendly faces in game.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Welcome to PWI/HT :)
    If you haven't noticed already, there's a forum for each class which provides a lot of info about skills/builds/etc, here. If you're ever stuck on a quest, your best bet would be to google it first, or use the search function on the forums. People like to whine about people never searching before creating threads... and they also whine about people posting on old threads that they found while searching b:chuckle
    The best tip anyone can offer is to just research your class first, which you may have already done. It's good to know what build is regarded as best and which skills are considered lame, so you don't end up having to spend a lot of coin later on trying to fix early mistakes. Another (irrelevant) tip I have to offer is to save any of the mats you get from killing mobs once you hit 2x and onward (the ones used for manufacturing, you'll see when you hover over them.) You'll make quite a bit of coin selling them to other players. It's something I wish I'd known about when I played my first char. lol.
    You're both welcome to pm me on here or in game if you've got any questions b:cute Have fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • IDoomblade - Heavens Tear
    IDoomblade - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Welcome to HT, both of you! I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here... I've been playing here (1st character) about 3 months now and the community has been great imo!!

Here's some useful links that I use quite often:
    ===================================

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=136781
    A list of guides for all sots of quests.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi
    This site has pretty much everything, I use it mostly for details on mobs or finding coordinates for things...

http://skw.wikidot.com/start
    This is a great site for TT gears (Twilight Temple). But you don't have to worry about that until late 50's or so at earliest.

Anyways, have fun you two! It'll go smoothly always a partner to squad with.

b:bye

EDIT: And yeah, like Dyskrasia said; Google is always a sure bet, as I'm sure you know...

Think for yourself - Question authority

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shiyuzhi - Heavens Tear
    Shiyuzhi - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Welcome to the Heaven's Tear server! Hope to see you in game!
    "I have no personality whatsoever. Cower before my blandness!"

Cookie to whomever gets the reference.
  • Brianbrain - Heavens Tear
    Brianbrain - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Welcome to Heaven's Tear Nibsy.
  • _xXRoXaSXx_ - Heavens Tear
    _xXRoXaSXx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Oh Hai New people of HT

(\(\
    ('.' ) Hai!
    (")(")
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Welcome to Heaven's Tear!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rastelin - Heavens Tear
    Rastelin - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Welcome Nibsy and Sentaku! Hope you guys are enjoying the server and the game. If you guys ever need help or got questions you can hit me up in game. See you in game. b:bye
  • Scarlettlady - Heavens Tear
    Scarlettlady - Heavens Tear Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:shocked Shame on you Sgt b:chuckle
    I'm going to throw out there what others have. If you cant take a joke, you should really re-roll on another server. If you take it too seriously you aren't playing a game anymore

Otherwise, welcome and have fun.
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Where my Tao at, from the front to back.
    ScarlettLady - 101 - BACK IN ACTION
    Scalett - 78 - Mystic to the Gawds
  • Sentaku - Heavens Tear
    Sentaku - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and advice/links, all! I have done a little bit of my own research too. :)

Also, a side note about those saying stuff about not being able to take a joke... I've already commented on that saying that Nibsy was not offended, merely taking note and calling out Sgt's attempt to misinform. I don't understand why some of you are suggesting a server reroll; it's not as if anyone was getting huffy about the "joke". Perhaps what has been said is being misinterpreted? I'll make it clear then: No one was offended or angry at what Sgt said. However, it was noted that he was trying to mislead Nibsy, even if it was a joke. Please stop suggesting we re-roll, as it is a bit disheartening when all we're trying to do is enjoy the game like we have been. b:victory

Thanks again to all for the welcomes, replies, etc! Archer has been fun so far, and we've met some extremely helpful players during our stay. b:kiss
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and advice/links, all! I have done a little bit of my own research too. :)

Also, a side note about those saying stuff about not being able to take a joke... I've already commented on that saying that Nibsy was not offended, merely taking note and calling out Sgt's attempt to misinform. I don't understand why some of you are suggesting a server reroll; it's not as if anyone was getting huffy about the "joke". Perhaps what has been said is being misinterpreted? I'll make it clear then: No one was offended or angry at what Sgt said. However, it was noted that he was trying to mislead Nibsy, even if it was a joke. Please stop suggesting we re-roll, as it is a bit disheartening when all we're trying to do is enjoy the game like we have been. b:victory

Thanks again to all for the welcomes, replies, etc! Archer has been fun so far, and we've met some extremely helpful players during our stay. b:kiss

Ignore most of what people say, sorry if I "mislead".

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daedr - Heavens Tear
    Daedr - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Welcome to Heavens Tear! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Enliven Executor~
    In Game Names:
    Daedr - Cleric
    KittyD - Venomancer