Remove PK penalties

Options
PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Suggestion Box
While without numbers it's eventually pure speculation, I think that removing PK penalties i.e. item drop and pk hours will not only boost the pk population but also result in more profit due to charms/apo than the profit due to GS.

A penalty results in less people pvping => less engagment => less desire to improve gear. Sure, you get some profits from GS.

Instead, I suggest rewarding people from going into pk (perhaps a small charm for each hour in pk mode?). This is actually the NW mechanic: rewards for being canon fodder; it works great!

Now on pk drops... who drops stuff anyway? But you can further motivate pk by having players drop a few dq (not from their inv) when you get a kill count (so no alt farming)

Last, I don't see any reason for not being able to turn pk mode on/off at will. If you cant... eeerm... I can just go to safe zone. Or log off. Or stealth lols. Or tele to the other side of the map, gl finding me in the cave of sadistic glee or while I solo TT. In the end, is getting "revenge" woth missing all the other players?

All in all: pvp has costs = pw profit. It doesn't need extra taxes.
you only purge once #yopo
Post edited by PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    guardian scrolls = tokens = packs = cash shop

yea
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Honestly, I still would stick to my blue name. The reason you won't see me in PK mode is the fact that everyone can kill you at any time. And with the oh so mature population we got... eh. b:chuckle

Doubt it's going to happen :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    They could make some new instance (copy&paste) with these conditions o.o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    lol...

You're on a PvE server.
    If you want there to be more pvp, go to a pvp server.

LESSON 1:
    PvE Servers are a Western Invention catering to Western Audiences which are less inclined to experince a game's full content.
    CN does not have "PvE servers."

You don't even understand how PvP penalties work or the reason they are in place. This whole post is stupid as hell...

LESSON 2:
    When you attack someone while white name, you turn pink (not red). Red name only occurs when you kill someone who does not strike back or defend themselves.
    Pink names have a very slight chance to drop an item in their inventory.
    Pink names DO NOT drop anything they have equipped.
    RED names can drop equipped items, with the chance to do so increasing as your hours (obtained by killing those unable to defend themselves) increase.
    - This detours 2 things:
    - - 1.) It makes people less likely to farm kills/LoL1shot weaker players and instead seek out more competitive adversaries. Otherwise they must pay the penalty through potential gear loss, guardian scrolls, or abuse of safety lock. As long as your opponent is not so weak they have no opportunity to fight back, you will not get a red name penalty.
    - - 2.) It encourages mutual PvP. If you aren't interested in fighting, you can refuse to participate and your enemy will be penalized for attacking somebody who did not participate in the engagement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    They could make some new instance (copy&paste) with these conditions o.o

...like an arena? f:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    guardian scrolls = tokens = packs = cash shop

yes, I'm arguing that the potential loss of GS used to prevent dropping will be way less than the extra profit from charm burning (along the other benefits of larger pvp population), especially considering SL/bound gear
    You're on a PvE server.

a nice argument yet, given the population of the servers, I doubt that pwe makes a lot of money from players that change servers and cash their gear.
    LESSON 1:
    PvE Servers are a Western Invention catering to Western Audiences which are less inclined to experince a game's full content.

and thus should be further motivated to pvp and experience the game's full content

along with other stuff.
    You don't even understand how PvP penalties work or the reason they are in place.

- This detours 2 things:
    - - 1.) It makes people less likely to farm kills/LoL1shot weaker players and instead seek out more competitive adversaries. Otherwise they must pay the penalty through potential gear loss, guardian scrolls, or abuse of safety lock. As long as your opponent is not so weak they have no opportunity to fight back, you will not get a red name penalty.

and you think that this actually happens? have you met a lot of people that think that way? maybe I should have made it clearer, sure, penalties have an indended reason. the problem is that, imo, it's even less close to reality with tabs giving rep/exp rewards as a motivation for people to help tabbers with their fb.
    - - 2.) It encourages mutual PvP. If you aren't interested in fighting, you can refuse to participate and your enemy will be penalized for attacking somebody who did not participate in the engagement.

same counter-argument as above, plus, aren't you supposed to be like harcode, real pvp gamer that doesn't bow before starting a glorified duel?b:cute
  • jjbrendan
    jjbrendan Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I find PvP Boring and reason is I think there is no experience or spirit to be gained from accepting a PvP challenge.

I may be wrong.
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    lol...

You're on a PvE server.

Lul pve server does not mean people shouldn't pvp. Being on a pve server just means we have a choice to pvp or not in open world. Changing servers is not the answer.

Idk why people think it is. He's not asking for everyone to be pkable. He just wants more activity on a server he actually has a toon that he wants to play with on like most of us?
    It's not such a stupid idea. Most of what you said doesn't really matter to people who actually pvp. If you pk, expect to get red name, it's not really a penalty when you have the option of safe zone? It's not really avoidable in group pk anyway. Only stupid people pk without sl or guardian scrolls. They've become a pointless thing. Most good equipment is bound or doesn't drop and most things that would drop are not even worth a great deal. Yes occasionally some idiot will drop their tome or something, that's their own fault. But on the whole most pkers don't drop anything ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Hanzal - Dreamweaver
    Hanzal - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I wish they'd remove PK penalties IRL. Those suck WAY worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Once, I offered free charms, GS, and how to get into pk mode without pk hours. Those who took the offer was still less than desirable.

Edit: I think i will try to conduct a survey for you.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Once, I offered free charms, GS, and how to get into pk mode without pk hours. Those who took the offer was still less than desirable.

Edit: I think i will try to conduct a survey for you.

Yay! another one of Zsw's famous surveys! f:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    BriarIce - Raging Tide Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Honestly, I still would stick to my blue name. The reason you won't see me in PK mode is the fact that everyone can kill you at any time. And with the oh so mature population we got... eh. b:chuckle

^^ This. My main experience of people who are white named on RT is dismal at best. Whilst there are probably many who are ok when white named there are too many who act like total idiots. My idea of having fun in the game does not include someone using me to inflate their e-peen b:victory
    "Karma is a cruel mistress" - Kelley York, Hushed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvychar, for the gorgeous sig! b:kiss
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    ^^ This. My main experience of people who are white named on RT is dismal at best. Whilst there are probably many who are ok when white named there are too many who act like total idiots. My idea of having fun in the game does not include someone using me to inflate their e-peen b:victory

That's exactly the kind of defeatist attitude that makes so **** for you. How about you to outside west gate and try and figure out something you don't know about your class instead of QQing about dying in pk mode. Unwillingness to learn is just lazy and it's not because you're undergeared are you?
    You're in /PK/ mode. Don't expect to be left alone to hang around west gate with your friends talking when your white name shows you've declared yourself for a fight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    BriarIce - Raging Tide Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    That's exactly the kind of defeatist attitude that makes so **** for you. How about you to outside west gate and try and figure out something you don't know about your class instead of QQing about dying in pk mode. Unwillingness to learn is just lazy and it's not because you're undergeared are you?
    You're in /PK/ mode. Don't expect to be left alone to hang around west gate with your friends talking when your white name shows you've declared yourself for a fight.

^^ This is what I am talking about. Thanks for making my point Bhavvy. Now leave me alone. You nor anyone else gets to tell me how to play this game. I enjoy it my way and you enjoy it yours ok? Is this thread for habing a go at people for not going into pk? No it is not. It is for those who do not pk to state why they do not do it.

When I am in pk mode? I never go into pk mode you dolt. And the way you and a few others conduct themselves is a major reason for that.

Cannot handle what I said? Too close to the sad attitude yuo bring to this community is it? Maybe you need to look at the way you treat others. You may find that speaking to them better than what you do gets you more. It sure ain't working with what you are doing now...oh jist about the same as before your ban.

Now go. Stay out of my circle....I do not want your presence tainting me.
    herh I will tell you what..don't bother. I will add you to my block list here and ingame. That should sort it.
    "Karma is a cruel mistress" - Kelley York, Hushed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvychar, for the gorgeous sig! b:kiss
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    lol...

You're on a PvE server.

LESSON 1:

You don't even understand how PvP penalties work or the reason they are in place. This whole post is stupid as hell...

LESSON 2:
    When you attack someone while white name, you turn pink (not red). Red name only occurs when you kill someone who does not strike back or defend themselves.
    Pink names have a very slight chance to drop an item in their inventory.
    Pink names DO NOT drop anything they have equipped.
    RED names can drop equipped items, with the chance to do so increasing as your hours (obtained by killing those unable to defend themselves) increase.
    - This detours 2 things:
    But...

Any sensate white name player will always use scrolls, or have a SL, as if they were red. This is because if you are in the middle of pk you may accidently kill someone who didn't even fight back, get red, and then if you get killed after that you may drop gear.

So, pking always costs money, and I think this discourages a lot of people.

Getting so overworked for dying in a game isn't very mature either.
    edited July 2013
    Options
    thanks Z for mainstreaming it XD
    Is this thread for habing a go at people for not going into pk? No it is not. It is for those who do not pk to state why they do not do it.

actually it's not. it's about removing restrictions that discourage people to pk while not really contributing to the community/economy/pwi profits.

tbh I don't understand what the big fuss about getting killed is (after all, I find dying to mobs/bosses waayyyy more humiliating than to a r9rr+12)
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Free charms for afking as a white name? YUM!!!! Charm nomedge is a massive expense b:surrender
    Actually any reward for just being in pk mode will not work i think, even if they add that you have to be out of safe zone it would end up being:
    *log alt, go white name, fly to obscure location in world map, afk/play main*
    Or do it on my main when i go to bed, then reap undeserved rewards in the morning D:

Sure it would increase the number or people exploring WM for afk alts but thats not PvP, thats just (PvE?... seeing as afk alts are basically environmental)

Maybe im going to an extreme but i could see that happening if any reward for being white name was worthwhile.

Counter Proposal: Remove all PK protections

(Woah! Nice drugs you are on, i hear you cry) Hear me out,

I am taking this idea from an old old game probably a few people here have played, anyway in this game when you was in Open world pk if you died everything you had on you dropped. This meant that when you went to pk you took gear/items you didnt mind risking. You could role around in cheap level 1 gear or your super OP gear you spent $ or years farming, your choice and your loss if you die and lose it.

Firstly i am suggesting a change where anything your wearing or in your inventory can drop (including 9r, bound equipment) do away with SL,GS,Binding charms. Hopefully the Gear level would level out, and you would have a few more new pkers coming because the costs of being competitive with other pkers would be lower.

Of course this would only affect Open world pk so anyone who has OP gear will still be able to use it in all other instances where items dont drop TW,NW,arena.

This may end all Open world pk all together, only one way to know for sure :P

b:surrender Whimpers i duno... ideas... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Free charms for afking as a white name? YUM!!!! Charm nomedge is a massive expense b:surrender
    Actually any reward for just being in pk mode will not work i think, even if they add that you have to be out of safe zone it would end up being:
    *log alt, go white name, fly to obscure location in world map, afk/play main*
    Or do it on my main when i go to bed, then reap undeserved rewards in the morning D:

Sure it would increase the number or people exploring WM for afk alts but thats not PvP, thats just (PvE?... seeing as afk alts are basically environmental)

Maybe im going to an extreme but i could see that happening if any reward for being white name was worthwhile.

could be done NW style, counting battle time/hp loss/damage dealt. and/or make the charms pvp-only (probably separate slot). of course, I'm not suggesting covering the whole charm cost, just giving a bit to get new players to try pvp (just like pwi gives a bit of mystical pills etc)
    Counter Proposal: Remove all PK protections

(Woah! Nice drugs you are on, i hear you cry) Hear me out,

I am taking this idea from an old old game probably a few people here have played, anyway in this game when you was in Open world pk if you died everything you had on you dropped. This meant that when you went to pk you took gear/items you didnt mind risking. You could role around in cheap level 1 gear or your super OP gear you spent $ or years farming, your choice and your loss if you die and lose it.

Firstly i am suggesting a change where anything your wearing or in your inventory can drop (including 9r, bound equipment) do away with SL,GS,Binding charms. Hopefully the Gear level would level out, and you would have a few more new pkers coming because the costs of being competitive with other pkers would be lower.

Of course this would only affect Open world pk so anyone who has OP gear will still be able to use it in all other instances where items dont drop TW,NW,arena.

This may end all Open world pk all together, only one way to know for sure :P

b:surrender Whimpers i duno... ideas... b:surrender

hehe LOVE it. will probably revitalise the low tt market and bring... balance to the forceb:laugh but in that case I'd like to have the option to turn it off when I want (I have the feeling that full warsong in tt80s will be hard XD).
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    lol...
    You're on a PvE server.

from what i heard, ppl on pvp servers complains about the fact that there is not enough pvp anymore, so your statement, kinda...suck?
  • Zaylox - Lost City
    Zaylox - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Personally I think the opposite, the PK protections should be reduced to increase PK.
    ATM, other than the sheer fun of it, and the learning of how to play your class, there are no real 'benefits' to PKing.
    By increasing the PK penalties, so unbound, unequipped items are more likely to be dropped it will increase the motivation for people to PK.

True, this won't encourage the carebears to PK, but reducing the PK penalties won't either, they just don't like it.

~ Zay
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I have the feeling that full warsong in tt80s will be hard XD

Now that... that would be a fun challenge!
    Yeah didnt think about opportunistic instance pk D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Now that... that would be a fun challenge!
    Yeah didnt think about opportunistic instance pk D:

after all, it's a 80 instance b:avoid
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    It would be a mess in mass pk. No one will play support or melee..

As much as I'd love to take the +12 from those who are more gear than skill, it would be kinda boring. If they loose to me with better gears, imagine how that will go with lesser gears..
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007