What would you do if somone wants you to disband your Level 2 faction?

2»

Comments

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There's absoutely no abuse in speaking a foreign language. If another language is used to swear, for instance, the abuse is for offending someone, not for speaking a foreign language. There are things that cannot be negotiated in contracts for being beyond the limits of it. For instance, if you sign a contract where you pay something or you'll be murdered and doesn't pay, the murderer will still be a criminal.

You should also take a look at this.

Has nothing to do with a game. The thing you are confusing is human rights -vs- in game behavior and actions. PWI has every right to demand it's players not do certain things. THEY own the game. THEY own your character, and THEY can at any time, delete you with or without reason or cause.

If PWI decided that only ENGLISH can be spoken in game, and banned players for speaking other languages, that is totally within their rights to do as the game owners. And the simple fact is, you wouldnt be able to do a dang thing about it legally.

PWI as the game OWNERS has every right to tell you what you can and can not do within their game.

As for that UN ****. The UN is nothing more than a world joke. It has no ability to enforce anything it says. It can make all sorts of declarations but they mean exactly squat. If you think they do, you obviously don't know anything at all about the UN and it's ability to enforce anything. If you think you do, I have ONE WORD for you to consider....

TIBET

Also, the UN declaration of human rights again, has nothing to do with a game. You make the CHOICE to play the game and therefore have to follow the game owners rules. The UN has no control, or legal ability to control anything in any country at all, and no ability to regulate or control anything in any country at all (or any game). Member nations of the UN agree on good faith to follow the declarations meanings, but are not bound by any rule of law to do so. At worst, the UN can say "well then we will have other member nations embargo you" but even then, those same other member nations are not REQUIRED to do anything the UN suggests. Why? simple, because the UN is nothing but a lot of hot air, with no real world power or ability unless the member nations CHOOSE to follow it's guidelines.

If you don't want to follow PWI's rules, then you have a choice, you can leave or be banned. Nothing is forcing you to play. And for that very reason... you have no legal leg to stand on at all.

~Saitada
  • RedBull - Lost City
    RedBull - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think I saw a few of your members around Dreamweaver...

Honestly, The rule that no "special" characters are to be used in the faction name has been there since the beginning. People have formed factions, and leveled them, only to have them deleted. Note how you did not see any other factions on the server with special characters in their names (or at least long lasting factions).

The upgrade process has nothing to do with GM's, and it takes a long time for them to notice new factions, unless said faction is reported by other players (what I assumed happened) and the GM attention is drawn to the party in question. Otherwise, gm's are kept busy answering reports, and generally trying to keep the peace.

No. I don't think you should get a new lvl 2 faction. I read through the rules regarding factions prior to the recent updates, and did see that no special characters were to be used. If you had done the same, you would've known that. Your mistake or intentional ignorance was your own downfall. But, if you were a lvl 2 faction, you should have the member numbers to collect for a new one. Maybe not all 2 mil, but pretty darn close.

Just my opinions on the matter.

wht wz tht u said? ur anti txt ma wordz? u gota be crzy.

what did i even say? lol idk just like to annoy ppl.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Has nothing to do with a game. The thing you are confusing is human rights -vs- in game behavior and actions. PWI has every right to demand it's players not do certain things. THEY own the game. THEY own your character, and THEY can at any time, delete you with or without reason or cause.

If PWI decided that only ENGLISH can be spoken in game, and banned players for speaking other languages, that is totally within their rights to do as the game owners. And the simple fact is, you wouldnt be able to do a dang thing about it legally.

PWI as the game OWNERS has every right to tell you what you can and can not do within their game.

As for that UN ****. The UN is nothing more than a world joke. It has no ability to enforce anything it says. It can make all sorts of declarations but they mean exactly squat. If you think they do, you obviously don't know anything at all about the UN and it's ability to enforce anything. If you think you do, I have ONE WORD for you to consider....

TIBET

~Saitada

You can't compare the plain reality to Law because the Law only exists to bring order to chaos. The Law doesn't deny the chaos. Otherwise there would be no need for it.

UN doesn't mean a thing when people are aware Nike enslaves "employees" in China but even then they just buy it. The peoples > UN.

The part of contract it tells PWI may delete our accounts is about data corrpution, natural disasters, hacking, unlegit activities through the game and their own wish to close the game. It's not about denying service (or banning) whoever they want.

I'll give another example: J. has a restaurant. Once 1 gets inside the restaurant, he/she is bound to the rules of the place. Someday, for any reason, J. decides Blacks are no longer allowed in the place. Sure it's the law of the place but... it has no effect. Because if it would, that would be racism hence illegal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    You can't compare the plain reality to Law because the Law only exists to bring order to chaos. The Law doesn't deny the chaos. Otherwise there would be no need for it.

UN doesn't mean a thing when people are aware Nike enslaves "employees" in China but even then they just buy it. The peoples > UN.

The part of contract it tells PWI may delete our accounts is about data corrpution, natural disasters, hacking, unlegit activities through the game and their own wish to close the game. It's not about denying service (or banning) whoever they want.

I'll give another example: J. has a restaurant. Once 1 gets inside the restaurant, he/she is bound to the rules of the place. Someday, for any reason, J. decides Blacks are no longer allowed in the place. Sure it's the law of the place but... it has no effect. Because if it would, that would be racism hence illegal.

Seriously, are you really this stupid?

Again you neglect the simple fact that in the TOS and EULA pwi reserves the right to delete you with or without cause or reason, at any time they wish, for again, any or no reason.

Let me stress this for you.. YOU do not own your character. PWI does.

And again, real world actions and laws such as racism don't apply to games unless the games owners tried to stop people playing because of their race. If they did a certain space based MMO that I play would be shut down for Racism and Slavery because it is against the law... but... it's a game and so the [removed] (an in game race) are allowed to enslave the [removed] (an ingame race) in the game. Why? Because it is a game and not subject to real world laws against slavery, racism and freedom of speech.

Again... YOU choose to play this game. YOU are not FORCED to play this game, and therefore YOU are required to follow the game owners rules. You agree to do this when you click that accept button. That is a legally binding contract. And guess what.... game TOS and EULA's have been challenged and upheld in more than one court case. In more than one country.

So sorry, but the fact is... you have agreed to follow PWI's rules, and you have no leg at all to stand on if you try to break their rules.

~Saitada

*edit* Anyway, I'm not going to continue trying to explain this to you. If your unable to discern the difference between real world applications of law, and in-game rules applications by a game owner, then your simply not worth the time or effort to try and convince. Feel free to continue believing in all that garbage you posted. When your old enough to make a legal challenge in a court of law, I suggest you do so. It will be an expensive lesson to you that I was right and you were mistaken. Until then, keep believing you have the right to do and say whatever you want in a game. I'm sure when you get banned for it, you'll be totally upset and offended that the game made you follow their rules and not some BS by the UN.

~S
  • Saitada_ - Sanctuary
    Saitada_ - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Nice name. Reported. Have a nice day. Cupcake.
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Seriously, are you really this stupid?

+1 b:laugh
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Walls of text that I'm not sitting through. Anyways, to answer the OP asking for everyones opinion. If a GM tells you to disband your faction, I'd say do it. If you do not, then you're at risk of getting yourself banned. Whether it's an old rule or a new one, you get in trouble for not following them. Ask for a refund, it couldn't hurt. But don't get mad and upset if you don't get a refund and refuse to disband your faction. Then you'll go from having no faction to having no PWI period.
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Not attempting to rouse your anger and have you bite my head off.....but why are we all cupcakes? You use it all the time and it usually doesn't make sense @_@

Also to the OP....do you know which GM told you to disband? Would probably help with the ticketing >.>
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would like to add that when the NPC that lets you create factions has a small text section that tells you that you CAN NOT use characters outside the English alphabet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tayra - Dreamweaver
    Tayra - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would like to add that when the NPC that lets you create factions has a small text section that tells you that you CAN NOT use characters outside the English alphabet.

You are right, he does now, but not months ago.
    Anyway our problem was solved, cheers for Sihndra :D
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    but why are we all cupcakes? You use it all the time and it usually doesn't make sense @_@

It's just a pet phrase. I usually use it when I am joking around with someone, or when I think someone is being really stupid. Sometimes I just use it when I disagree with someone and want to try and get their grundies in a bundle for the lolz.

~S