Flesh ream/aggro loss??

Comments

• Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Let me put this in a way to not offend anyone:

Not all barbarians are idiots. I know my class extremely well as Im sure the other barbs that posted do. So please do not insult our intelligence, or common knowledge on 'how to tank properly' or 'how to hold aggro'.

This discussion is about the evidence of decreased aggro that is being held with a barb.

If you want to give pointers while posting under non-barb avatars, go do it in the noob section where you can inflate your e-peens some more, and leave this thread.

Thanks.

Now, back to topic. Any other barbs having issues with keeping aggro that has happened since the patch?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    My thanx for bringing up this information to the general public. I'll inform my guildmates.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Not all barbarians are idiots. I know my class extremely well as Im sure the other barbs that posted do. So please do not insult our intelligence, or common knowledge on 'how to tank properly' or 'how to hold aggro'.

This discussion is about the evidence of decreased aggro that is being held with a barb.

If you want to give pointers while posting under non-barb avatars, go do it in the noob section where you can inflate your e-peens some more, and leave this thread.

Thanks.

Ummm? I read all four pages of this thread and from what I saw noone has insulted a barb at all. In fact, nearly every post by a non-barb has in it some where something to the effect of "I was in a squad with a good barb that knew how to hold aggro...." If anyone has insulted a barb in this thread I will apologize for them because it would appear that they didnt mean to. There are other class discussing this. Why? Because if there is an aggro issue it effects everyone. b:bye
    Now, back to topic. Any other barbs having issues with keeping aggro that has happened since the patch?

Yes, I have had the same issue as all these that have posted on my barb level 66. Though not quite as often as archers and wiz around that level haven't had quite the exponential increase in damage as the high 8x-9x. Aggro from Roar has also seemed to go down for me but I kinda need to level thatb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Thanks.

Where are people insulting barbs? In fact I'm reading the opposite in this thread; nearly everybody here is saying they have been in a squad with good, competent barbs who know what they're doing. We weren't giving tips on how to tank at all - merely sharing experiences of when good barbs who know how to play their class lost aggro when they shouldn't have done. And that these same, good barbs are losing aggro more often, when they shouldn't.

Just because somebody says "flesh ream" it doesn't mean they're telling you how to do their job. They're explaining what happened in that particular instance.

Perhaps you should re-read a few of the posts. In fact, nevermind, re-read all of them. The only post I have seen offering advice on how to tank... was from somebody posting on a barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChaseyLain - Lost City
    ChaseyLain - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i can keep agro from a full party of 9x with my level 67 barb. the 9x barb i go with sometimes never loses agro even with highly refined 9x 10x DDs. that is with stacking and chain amping/genie debuffs from everyone nonstop. i see no issue with a good barb being able to keep agro.
  • Fritigern - Lost City
    Fritigern - Lost City Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I noticed this last night while doing my bh's.
    Definitely something to this. b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tacomo - Sanctuary
    Tacomo - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Wow... I never knew this was happening to so many others... I'm glad its been confirmed now if we can maybe have a GM or someone let the higher ups know so it can be fixed? Ream is a barbs main skill if there losing aggro then there role in the game is basicly null & void. Used ta be I'd only lose aggro to regular mobs and only some of the time..now I lose aggro on basicly everything.
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Heh, I stole from Mounty in bh69 just before nob died.

He comes after me, kills me, then archer hits him one last time and he dies.
    Didn't get the kill. But this is where I noticed it first. Don't think Mount has ever lost agro to me. I was even spacing my Sandstorm and Stone Rain spam.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Since someone mentioned they feel it is pet related. Any barbs care to mention what "pet" they have out if any during times when they feel their aggro keeping has been nerfed?

The only pet my husband has is an undead bear. He rarely has it out but because this has been mentioned I feel the need to maybe test it some. Just to see if this is related in any way.

So if you are a barb with an all class pet please post its class here :) thnx.
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Simple answear don't buff dd with damage buff I havnt had strength of titan for a long time, unless it's rb bh, barb just run away from me and buff himself in a lil conner
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This happened to us in BH the other day. The barb was spamming flesh ream and couldn't hold aggro on Polearm. I offered to tank the other bosses so we wouldn't have to worry about aggro switching. Then the barb (in tiger form) kept stealing aggro from me with normal attacks (no skills). That shouldn't happen under normal circumstances.

So I'm guessing Flesh Ream doesn't work, but normal attacks may accrue some aggro?
  • Kyinus - Heavens Tear
    Kyinus - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Noticed it too. Barbs keep randomly losing agro in bh's, even to BM's. And these aren't fail barbs, these guys are competent players who obviously know their class and are using their skills just fine. I know in the patch notes they mentioned sin and psy skills have been modified to generate lower agro, maybe this has glitched and affected barb skills too?

wat do you mean even BM's i can pull agro from archers 5-6 lvls higher than me..

lol but ya i noticed this too...i needed to remove my rings and blessing and switch to a lvl 40ish set of claws.and i knew the barb he isn't fail.
    99 fist BM W 2.50 hit a sec
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=6481

There, under "Skill Changes" you'll see they've been tweaking with sins and phys agro value for skills. Quite possible they've gone and messed up and affected other classes too.
  • LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear
    LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You certainly not alone, my barb is 70 with maxed flesh and loses argo alot to DD's now. Theres definatly something different. I also read about the tide skills too so im with every one else hoping thats all part of the testing phase.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=6481

There, under "Skill Changes" you'll see they've been tweaking with sins and phys agro value for skills. Quite possible they've gone and messed up and affected other classes too.

The thing is, that's supposed to be what's happening in the NEXT patch, not the current one. After all, it's a patch preview, and it was posted after the last maintenance.
  • Tacomo - Sanctuary
    Tacomo - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Since someone mentioned they feel it is pet related. Any barbs care to mention what "pet" they have out if any during times when they feel their aggro keeping has been nerfed?

The only pet my husband has is an undead bear. He rarely has it out but because this has been mentioned I feel the need to maybe test it some. Just to see if this is related in any way.

So if you are a barb with an all class pet please post its class here :) thnx.

I have a plumdrop tabby I used ta use it all the time cause its name is Lil Tac and people would get a laugh outta it when I tanked... I have tested aggro with and without it and with Lil Tac I seem to lose aggro easier then when I don't have him out. I agree though it would be nice ta see if other barbs have noticed the pet issue as well and if its just certain pets.
  • Zatra - Dreamweaver8
    Zatra - Dreamweaver8 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    something has changed.

I usually hold aggro off archers and wizzies higher level than me pretty easy because of my aggro macro i use.
    I was in a tt 2-3 group with 98 and 99 demon bm's and they were testing my aggro holding skills buy 3 sparking + hf and couldn't pull aggro off me.
    This was before the last patch.

since the patch I have done a tt2-2, it was a **** group but thats another story. But the only 2 attackers were myself (using the same aggro macro i always used) and a level 86 bm using fists and no skills (because he would go afk for 15-20 minutes). I even had a head start on the boss and quite a few times we were playing ping pong the aggro. Sometimes i had to roar or use alpha male to get the aggro back because the FR couldn't do it quick enough.

the macro i use does a FR ever 3 seconds so i am spamming FR and losing aggro

so before patch = hold aggro off higher level + stronger dd's + special skills
    after patch = losing aggro to lower level weaker dd's using no skills
    edited January 2010
    wat do you mean even BM's i can pull agro from archers 5-6 lvls higher than me..

lol but ya i noticed this too...i needed to remove my rings and blessing and switch to a lvl 40ish set of claws.and i knew the barb he isn't fail.

That isn't what they was saying, they was saying that a barb attacking in normal mode should NEVER be able to pull aggro from him.. I'll add a bm or ANY other character of the same lvl in the game. Even though a barbs damage form normal attack is decent enough, its not enough to pull aggro from a BM who is tanking. They've messed up the aggro.

More importantly, I'm kind of upset this thread has been up this long without ANY GM response at all. Its not a holiday is it?
  • TrueWPower - Sanctuary
    TrueWPower - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    cut the vit off , add more stre then you will be fine.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ok - several barbs seem to agree that its a new problem.

Can we get some figures on how much damage-equivalent fleshream holds? (As warren said; A barb hits the mob with fleshream, then stops. Someone else hits the monster repeatedly with normal attacks until the monster changes targets - the difference between the two damage totals is the amount of aggro the fleshream did - you'd want to do it a few times since it's unlikely you'd get an exact number)

Facts would be better than assertions. It's certainly not impossible that it's been messed with recently.
  • Mrbungle - Lost City
    Mrbungle - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    noticed that too.
    recently i alwaysdraw aggro at the bh bosses with my normal skillcombo, which never uses to take aggro

today i died because of this and a cleric who couldnt switch targets obviously
  • drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've been seeing the same thing lately.

Now I'm not married to the most competent barb on the server by any means, but my husband knows how to play his class extremely well and precisely how to take aggro back as fast as possible should he ever lose it. Now before we were married (heck, before we even talked very much) I squadded with him a few times and never stole. Not once.

Lately we were talking more and more and squadded together multiple times. Still, I very rarely ever stole from him - the only times I did he was lagging slightly, and the steal was only for a few seconds before he nabbed aggro back. He was a good enough barb I could play the "Keep aggro from me" game and he'd normally win, it was hard to steal from him.

Lately... I've been stealing a lot. Now recently I upgraded to from a Unicorn +3 with two immaculates to an Broadland +5 with a garnet gem - I expected one or two steals while I got used to the new damage the bow did. But this many? Nu-uh, something isn't right.
    Lol.... that is a huge difference in DPS - it's to be expected.
    edited January 2010
    drmarley wrote: »
    Lol.... that is a huge difference in DPS - it's to be expected.

Yes, my guess is thats as much as even 1k difference in just the base physical attack. Its a huge difference and there is a reason that you'd be pulling aggro now when u wasn't before.

I suspect the bm who posted that normal attacks are not working as they should on barbs as well as flesh ream is subject to be the problem. That seems to be the base issue.

I did an FB with a barb who was lvl 97 and I stole aggro from him as well. This rarely ever happened in the past. A barb of that level is competent enough to do his job, and do it right.

When barbs we have all squaded with before and KNOW are competent to do their job very well are having problems, then there is a big problem with the game.
  • XxIfritxX - Lost City
    XxIfritxX - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yes thank u for this ...I'm having same problem ...archers n wizards used to say cleric keep eye on me in case I stole aggro I used to tell them I dare u to steal aggro n u can even spark after giving me 3 hits

but now I lose to Fists BM
    All my Goals in Life Turned to be Offside b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CruiseWolf - Heavens Tear
    CruiseWolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't want to be flamed and what not.

im a barb 82 ive not lost aggro doing bh's or tanking bosses with dd's close to my level and many higher until the last patch.

(I know how to tank and yes i have more strength than i need for my wears and weapon. i did a pvp build more for TW later, also have maxed fleshream.)

Ive never needed to use roar (lvl 10) in beginning or devour to increase aggro, mine is still on lvl 3. Recently tanking in bh69 and 79 ive been having issues. i found it neccesary to use devour and ream when ever its done with cooldown, and have veno's send me sparks.

Doing bh's before the patch used to go without deaths and aggro steals now we need a veno in squad just so i keep aggro (getting sparks for devour)

Tanking used to be fun now its just a huge hastle and honestly makes the clerics work harder than they should, specially in bh69 with debuffs and being sole cleric.
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Can we get a GM response to this issue? pls b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    boo4u wrote: »
    I love taking away aggro from a barb because i know i can KEEP IT.Im A BM and yes i can tank anything ..ANYTHING with my fist/claw dps and cancel.Why do i chose to take aggro..its because i know i can handle the situation and present dmg and not just hold aggro...move over barbs a new faster tank/dd is in town.b:victory nah really...just most barbs these days are fail oracle nubs and cant do jack..but still .

Translation = I'm a clown, and d@mn proud of it.

RedMenace

\after all this time, still not impressed by Anonymous Cowards
    \\much easier to lie like this when no one can check you, or make you prove it
    \\\put your char name and server where you mouth is, MonkeyBoy
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    shaodu has no problems holding agro I think barbs got nerfed with the recient patch, seems their hair was where their power came from lol
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Translation = I'm a clown, and d@mn proud of it.

RedMenace

\after all this time, still not impressed by Anonymous Cowards
    \\much easier to lie like this when no one can check you, or make you prove it
    \\\put your char name and server where you mouth is, MonkeyBoy

Actually, a properly geared 99+ bm can maintain a constant 5 attacks per second which is the highest possible dps in game. Even more so than a claw/fist archer with the same -interval because of fist mastery, let alone a wizard. It's hardly a secret.

Oh and for the record, you're right up there with the person you quoted on the dumb-annoy-o-meter, SlashyBoy.

Oh snap, off topic and inciting flames. Can't be good. b:shocked

Meso sowwie furballs <3
    b:dirty
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    shaodu has no problems holding agro I think barbs got nerfed with the recient patch, seems their hair was where their power came from lol

+1

Im still waiting for my fierce mane to grow back b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]