Things that make you go "hmmm"...

Options

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I had a fun time in bh79 the other day, we wined it, and rushed to Linus and Brigand, and only then did we realize that our squad looked like:

Barb
    Barb
    Barb
    Barb
    Blademaster
    Wizard

So we are like.. shoot, what do we do on the bosses?

We had one person lure with their genie, then one Barb catches with Devour, and then everyone Triple Sparks at the same time while the Blademaster Dragons the boss. Omg, the thing died so fast, it was funny.
    b:laugh

looool
    epic
    xD
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hemoglobin - Dreamweaver
    Hemoglobin - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    some time ago i was in squad with some girl and her two in-rl boyfriends (polyamory)

they all were pretty laid back and 'open' bout things, so squad was one of those fun ones. girl was rly cool in convo and at some point we start to flirt a bit. then those two guys kinda lost their good mood and i think they didnt like me after that run

it was 'fun' and 'hmm' in same time :D

now THATS what makes me go hmm b:chuckle
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This makes me go hmm...

Also, just for kicks, try listening to that and then this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yeah but some bosses are still best tanked by magic users. FB59? Mantavip? Even a LA user CAN pull it off (the 59 anyways). You don't always, always need a barb to tank stuff.
    yea...i actualy newer saw a barb tank manta xD...and by drake in fb59 when the wizard steals agro i have to heal less then by the barb lol...
    but some ppl dont know what they can do at theyre lvl so they ratehr have a barb/bm do the tanking...

Okay. I'm basing off the fact you're talking on a 77, and I'm on a 89. I'm technically higher level - I don't know if you've went beyond that. In general, I'm my own tank and my own cleric, I own two computers and two accounts. I'm not dumb enough to heal while I'm aggroing, I'mma get everything on my butt and will die pretty damn fast. Maybe it does a difference when you RUSH through stuff like some TT parts, but I can assure you that Brambles by itself does not automatically pull aggro as some people think.
    i was talkin about ur cleric and yes i know bramble doesnt automaticly pull agro.. it just holds agro good when mobs are on u and therefor its harder to get off some1

and many archers go afk when were doing boss then they die and QQ... -_-...it isnt as if i aint healin them
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    and many archers go afk when were doing boss then they die and QQ... -_-...it isnt as if i aint healin them

One of the reasons why I don't go AFK for a very long time as a phys DD. It's not like I can rely on the cleric since he has to heal the tank.

Can't get quote to work right...

But the whole brambles-getting-aggro-OMFG, I see that often. I see venos apologizing when they bramble our faction's clerics (wtf, don't apologize for buffing...), who seriously don't mind it. I've been PMed by one when, the day before?, and I had to reassure her everything was going to be okay.

If you've teamed up with tanks who can't manage to hold aggro, you're not gonna yell at the veno who brambled the cleric that she didn't do her job right... but I gotta admit, finding a good tank IS hard. Hence why I'm my own tank really, or I rely on faction members.

Oh, and while I'm on the buffing topic...

- Lower-leveled BMs/Barbs who don't have maxed out buffs in a party where there are people who have maxed versions... and yet will use the buff over and over again to overwrite just to use theirs.
    - Peple who rage at you for buffing them. Two of my faction mates have reported that within the last 2-3 days. How can you refuse something that helps you? Because AFAIK there's no buff that's completely useless and they won't hurt... exception if they already used apothecary items. That can be frustrating, I gotta admit. (But the people my faction mates buffed were NOT buffed prior).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Something that makes me go hmm..

Saitada, self-proclaimed "troll" but when an actual real troll comes along..
    Ive never actually seen a post by saitada that made everyone flame him/start arguing. But ive seen many saitada=troll posts...o______O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Something that makes me go hmm..

Saitada, self-proclaimed "troll" but when an actual real troll comes along..
    Ive never actually seen a post by saitada that made everyone flame him/start arguing. But ive seen many saitada=troll posts...o______O

Stick around during maint.
    Though Saitada is more of a flamer than a troll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I had a fun time helping some people out with a level 29 fb. Only it wasn't exactly so much fun when I realized this was our lineup:

Psychic
    Psychic
    Cleric
    Blademaster
    Archer

No, I didn't hesitate to say, "Why didn't you get a tank?!" even though they ignored that question. We had to retreat twice, then finally got the blademaster to tank and the cleric to heal him like crazy. This isn't the first time I've been in a squad like this. Oh, and one of the psychics didn't check to see how durable his weapon was and it broke way before we got to the boss. :/ If I hadn't had my old green ball on me at the time, he would've been screwed.

Thing that makes me go hmm: Why do people always forget tanks and venos on FBs? It helps you and your friends die less.

Thinks that make me go 'hmmmm'

People who are ignorant to alternative tanks. Any robe should be perfectly fine at tanking qingzi if the cleric is any good (or to spell it out, the psy should have been able to tank)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I had a fun time helping some people out with a level 29 fb. Only it wasn't exactly so much fun when I realized this was our lineup:

Psychic
    Psychic
    Cleric
    Blademaster
    Archer

Hehe - I ended up as archer in that same squad mix. The BM and I were both about 90, though, and just trying to get as many people credit for a soloable run as we could. The thing that made me go hmmm was the BM's comment: "I hit a 30K crit and you still have agro?" I guess that shows it isn't the size of your crit but how well you pump them out.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Each week another thread about squadding b:chuckleb:surrender What's wrong with the old threads?

Lol, this was actually meant for ANY curious moment, not just those that happen in squads. Though, now that you mention it, it does seem like a lot of those moments do happen in squads. Hmm...b:chuckle

Anyway, my latest one is this:

Yesterday, one of the ppl in my faction needed some help with a bh39. Ok, i'm not doing anything, i can help. I asked her what her squad needed and she said a tank. Okie dokie...gimme a sec to log to my barb. So as i'm flying there from lost city, the squad starts clearing. Ok, whatever, i think, just don't get urselves killed cuz the cleric's not there yet either. As i'm entering, the bm is in trouble, so i'm kitty form and holy pathing trying to get to the squad to save him. I kinda felt bad for blowing past the cleric while she's running at her 4.8 m/s, but someone was in trouble, so me being me, i was trying to get there in time to help. Sadly, i didn't make it in time. So we get the bm rezzed and do buffs and proceed to start killing stuff as usual. I notice the cleric is using blessing of the purehearted. b:shocked So i tell her, as politely as i can, that ironheart is her friend. She got all defensive about her skills and said this: "My uncle is an 80+ cleric. I learn from him."

Hmm...that means there's an 80+ cleric out there using blessing of the purehearted as their main healing skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lol, this was actually meant for ANY curious moment, not just those that happen in squads. Though, now that you mention it, it does seem like a lot of those moments do happen in squads. Hmm...b:chuckle

Anyway, my latest one is this:

Yesterday, one of the ppl in my faction needed some help with a bh39. Ok, i'm not doing anything, i can help. I asked her what her squad needed and she said a tank. Okie dokie...gimme a sec to log to my barb. So as i'm flying there from lost city, the squad starts clearing. Ok, whatever, i think, just don't get urselves killed cuz the cleric's not there yet either. As i'm entering, the bm is in trouble, so i'm kitty form and holy pathing trying to get to the squad to save him. I kinda felt bad for blowing past the cleric while she's running at her 4.8 m/s, but someone was in trouble, so me being me, i was trying to get there in time to help. Sadly, i didn't make it in time. So we get the bm rezzed and do buffs and proceed to start killing stuff as usual. I notice the cleric is using blessing of the purehearted. b:shocked So i tell her, as politely as i can, that ironheart is her friend. She got all defensive about her skills and said this: "My uncle is an 80+ cleric. I learn from him."

Hmm...that means there's an 80+ cleric out there using blessing of the purehearted as their main healing skill.

There's an 80+ cleric who doesn't purify on Polearm.
    There's an 80+ cleric who has Blessing + IH + Wellspring arranged in a marco to spam.
    There's an 80+ cleric who BBed at Herc Trioc and let the newbie tiger chase boss out of range to die.
    b:laugh
  • Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver
    Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Funny moment:
    mine and a friends 20x3. The leader of my faction and one of our tanks had been pking liek the whole day. They were both in our 20x3, and our leader (veno) had been killing him most of the times (the barb wasn't charmed so). Well barb had gotten himself a charm for the run. First run was calm, but when we ended the 2nd run, the barb left squad and our leader ran off screaming to me in pm to get him back in the squad xD. she was lucky though, cuz he timed out before he got her. the rest of the squad was left dieing from laughing.

a hmm moment:
    One of my friends asked me to take over the fb39 he was halping with. I come in and stant lone veno with pure 37-39 ... yeah, the poor cleric was only 36 i think =/. After with a lot of luck to break some heavy gangs by drawrign agro on both pet and myself, i told them to stop pullig so many mobs. That said the BM started out from first moment to cry that i didn't have a herc -.- ... even went so far to almost pre-laugh when my wolf for sure would die. Also him and the barb were the ones pulling all the mobs. when they did it again i sat down and watched the out come, only keeping cler and venos safe, ups BM died, at boss both barb and BM managed to die, while knowing the cler had to afk so Hmmm major fail try listen nxt time.
    Dreamsweavers GhostDogz are looking for you to join the pack =). We are still small but are growing into a fun, friendly and helpful fact. We value that our lower lvls also get the experience they need for their class, so we get some awsome ppl =). all we ask of u is to be okay active (not has to be on 7days a week, 1 is enough) and to bring ur good mood =3 cya ingame!

Pm:
    Sinalee
    SSillver
    Sedochlup
    AnnaKantara
    Ulnar
    Keyla (USA)
    All but Keyla from Europ, and all l=low cast L ()^.^()
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Not my latest, it's a bit of a rant too...

When a barb a few levels under me asked me to tank FB69. He was 83, I was like 86 back then. Actually I wasn't asked to tank, he just went "BM tanks". Errr yeah. Sure I can do it, but I can give you 5-6 reasons to tell you that YOU should be doing the tanking, not me.

Because when I'm a main tank (which happens often really, I'm about to run bosses for guildies in a few hours in fact), well I kinda deal with all of that. Thus...

You play a tank? Deal with the class. Can't deal with the class? Reroll. Don't wanna reroll? Deal with the class. Same to people who whine about their main character, no matter what class it is. (Partially why as I'm rolling other chars at the same time, lol).

If he had told me "I really gotta BRB/AFK" or any other remotely decent reason as to why I should be tanking (includes "I can d/c at any time, better if you tank" and "you're gonna take aggro off me anyways") I wouldn't be sour about it. I'm not sour at the fact I was asked to do what I do on my own anyways, but it annoys me when people don't want to do the job they're better suited to do...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    made me lol when people went b:shocked after i asked them to do 2 archer or 3 DD set up for gamma. Seriously guys, where are the old good gamma squads b:chuckle

made me go "hmm" o.o when i was asked to tank fb 51 on my archer at lvl 85(which i could, but not solo) and cleric went afk on the first boss without saying a word.

PS bramble isn't making you get aggro but it does make it a but more difficult to take aggro off the brambled person. Thats the reason i do not like to see it on me when i don't tank(most of the time).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    - When I hear clerics raging at venos for brambling them in FBs. HELLO??? I've never taken aggro on my cleric because I got brambled!? That's probably because I don't heal the tank before he has aggro on all mobs, but that may be me... >_>.

you know why? because in bb im completely defenseless. i can watch my hp charm tick, i can pop pots, i can use genies top and can type like mad to squad to TAKE THEM OFF ME... all mobs that were pulled but noone hit them would attack me because of heal aggro, and reflect makes them just that harder to take off me... i only ask for reflect if i mean to tank anyway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xeiren - Heavens Tear
    Xeiren - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have a hmmm moment that comes every week. Having it right now.

Hmm... I wonder when will the GMs will give us notification on a maintenance for the week.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have a hmmm moment that comes every week. Having it right now.

Hmm... I wonder when will the GMs will give us notification on a maintenance for the week.

Please wait patiently, we will post a notice when things are confirmedb:victory
    edited January 2010
    Options
    you know why? because in bb im completely defenseless. i can watch my hp charm tick, i can pop pots, i can use genies top and can type like mad to squad to TAKE THEM OFF ME... all mobs that were pulled but noone hit them would attack me because of heal aggro, and reflect makes them just that harder to take off me... i only ask for reflect if i mean to tank anyway

Yeah but you're not in BB for all instances. I've seen some clerics nearly rage quit because they've been brambled in FBs/BHs where you don't need BB... mostly because they believe they would get aggro automatically BECAUSE of brambles. Because it's not the case, and unfortunately is common belief.

That's what I was talking about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ysionris - Sanctuary
    Ysionris - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You probably pulled the Cynnair Spectre mini-boss, from near Sanctuary. It is a level 45 mini-boss that flies very fast. It has been known to follow people all the way to 1k Streams (afk flying), and then kill them when they stop at the Vol. 30 for the World Quest.

b:laugh My friend and I used to have a game to how far we could pull those Spectres. And when I first started, when my friend and I were looking around for WBs he accidentally flew past one over Sanctuary, I was like level 4 at the time so I got oneshot and watched him try to flee it.. b:chuckle

Every time I see a group of 8x over at Harpy's spawn (ffs why can I never remember that town's PWI name) and planning to take her down, I go 'Hmmm'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AinaMizuako's smexy Assassin. b:kiss
  • Zanusato - Dreamweaver
    Zanusato - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Funniest

when i ran a BH39 with my 5x BM who had a charm atm bc i was planning on

trying to solo a boss later. everything went fine up until we got to farren

b:chuckle the barb decide to pull the mobs around him but got too close and

also pull farren to us lol. he die and the cleric die b:laugh i use alpha male on

my genie and draw aggro. b:laugh i ended up tanking farren while the cleric

went to town and came back lol.. lost about 50% of my charm due to that

run b:cry (it was a bronze charm lol)
  • Kysay - Heavens Tear
    Kysay - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Having my guildie barb lvl 71 tank all bosses with one cleric in Bh 69 with the lvl +80 bms complaining that he can't do it.
    b:chuckle b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxIfritxX - Lost City
    XxIfritxX - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    for me it was the first time I see a cleric gathering Orchid petail xD while I was on WQ :P

I still like it tho ..it's amazing what a cleric can do xDDD
    just make me think if he did it on a double exp day b:shocked
    All my Goals in Life Turned to be Offside b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The other day I tanked most of the mobs of BH Fushma...on my lvl 68 cleric b:chuckle
    I'd like to have called it soloing, but there was a veno who was pulling (before you ask, her pet could not hold aggro for some reason). Other than that, it was just me and her until Fushma.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Vulphie - Sanctuary
    Vulphie - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Things that make me go "hmm..."

1) A mold called The Penetrator. Not to mention that this mold is a bow. Ouch.

2) While I was pulling DoDs from Mantavip, the barb in the squad swam straight into Manta, then flamed at the cleric for not healing him (he wasn't going to tank anyway as we had already said that a wizard would tank). He then quit the squad claiming that we were noobs.

3) The drum god boss in TT60... has any1 else noticed the fact that he has a weird drum thing protuding from his unmentionables?

4) The 2-headed snake mobs (can't recall the name) that wander around near Dreamweaver. If you watch, they scratch their butts then look at their hands/claws.

5) People trying to sell lvl 22 molds for psychic/assassin weapons for over 500k. Are they joking? I can get a Sakyamuni's Light mold for 300-500k.

I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of right now.
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    4) The 2-headed snake mobs (can't recall the name) that wander around near Dreamweaver. If you watch, they scratch their butts then look at their hands/claws.

Evolved Serpent Soulchasers... and yes, I noticed this today while running around trying (in vain) to collect mats for my fb 79 wines and my barb's fb 59 wines.

~EDIT~ On a side note, I tanked an fb59 for a guildie today with my barb, so at least i finally got my culti done and can get my 59 skills (at lvl 61 lol).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yeah but you're not in BB for all instances. I've seen some clerics nearly rage quit because they've been brambled in FBs/BHs where you don't need BB... mostly because they believe they would get aggro automatically BECAUSE of brambles. Because it's not the case, and unfortunately is common belief.

That's what I was talking about.
    you are right... in bhs i use bb mostly when helping with farren / wyvern or when doing unwined styg to clear mobs faster. but clearing like that is exactly when bramble hurts me most... outside of it i do like to go brambled :) nice automatic payback to any meanie who tried to hit me :)
    as for common belief - you just cant win against that lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Silly auction prices. Like common citrine shards at 50k and average shards at 100k. Or the pair of 25m Lion King axes that appeared in AH day...after day...after day...for about 2 weeks. Or the TT bracers that stayed a week at 12m starting bid...then went up to 13m and stayed there another week. Or the fact every single tome in AH is 400-1m above make-it-yourself price. You'd think people would learn =/
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    when i did a TT2-2 and the whole squad(random squad) agreed to rush a part
    well the veno with herc started fighting some mobs i quickly grabbed agro with alpha male and some people started rushing but the genious veno just stayed there and grabbed agro again her herc died and the clerics hadnt quite listened either and both died so i go back and 1 cleric had town teled
    since the veno and dead cleric werent that far i said i keep the mobs busy you ress them the cleric only ressed the veno who again kept standing and that cleric rushed all the way trough without ressing the other cleric even though i kept the mobs distracted well that rushing cleric made it but our veno had died yet again by doing nothing cept standing at 1 spot well at that point i said the squad should have listened and dont be stupid and i quitted the squad they had done **** DD on the first boss anyway

was i wrong maybe but the whole thing maybe me hmm
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Irrianna - Harshlands
    Irrianna - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    once i was in squad with my cleric and 2 archers and we r killing mobs for
    quests. we saw a bunch of mobs and the archer told us to not get to close
    cuz they will attack us. i agreed and then the other archer run in the mobs and told me to heal him!! i tried to save him and we end both of us dead!
    he told me why i didnt heal him and i told him he was very fast i couidnt
    catch him up also the mobs attack him all together i can heal i cannot make
    mobs froze and wait to die!

once i was in a party with a stupid barb who asking me to heal his mp
    we where both around lvl 60. i thought ppl at this lvl know already some basic
    things that other classes can or cant do
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    <-- Asked to tank on multiple occasions under the assumption that ALL melees can tank.

Sometimes I tank anyways just to teach them a lesson. Automatic squad wipe, assassins(ex. lvl 42 assassin in fb29) can't hold aggro for over 3 seconds(3 seconds being generous). We can hold it if nobody else attacks tho :P

NEVER ASK SINS TO TANK, unless for example its a lvl 80+ assassin in a lower level dungeon. If that's the case, then by all means tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]