Not so long ago in Harshlands

Options
SneakyStalk - Harshlands
SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Dawnglory (EU)
anni packs came, here in Peru I can barely buy gold, and I saw AH...

I remember when players used to sell gold for 180k and that was like uber expensive...

b:shocked

GoldWTF.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Un4given
Post edited by SneakyStalk - Harshlands on

Comments

• Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    =D SNEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!!!!!!

for a moment i didnt recognise you cause your icon changed.

yes yes, they should change the name to PW-U$ cause its anything but international. little consideration to 3rd world countries b:shocked
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    wow wtf happened to that gold price >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Due to the influx of misplaced threads, all threads will be moved to their correct section or locked. We appreciate your understanding b:victory
  • Kaizona - Harshlands
    Kaizona - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Dang thats pretty sad.900k?Good thing their back down to like 300k...thats still pretty high to me though...180k seemed reasonable..this all happened because of the anni packs..I never liked them. b:irritated And the price is still high even though all the cool 1 gold stuff is gone..hmmph.

P.S. nice title for the pic xD
    Appliance perfect world.

Death refridgerator vs dark oven.Who will win?
    Death refridgerator takes 902134 damage.
    PWND.
  • Eragon - Harshlands
    Eragon - Harshlands Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Dont even talk about "back when" :P
    Back when, people actualy had to put effort into the game to be good at it, and the crazy thing?... It took skill!
    Wonhalt
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    And thus began the exodus of any remnants of pvp on this server.
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    And thus began the exodus of any remnants of pvp on this server.

Why ppl that dont play anymore keep talking about the pvp in the serverb:angry For sum weird reason everytime I log in and I search for pvp I find it...
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Why ppl that dont play anymore keep talking about the pvp in the serverb:angry For sum weird reason everytime I log in and I search for pvp I find it...

Going to SilverPool/West Gate/ Hidden Orchid =/= PvP.

Majority of the people left on this server will never learn that.

Good PvP Has a motive. A reason to keep fighting other then just to kill people. I'm of course talking about PvP at Fish/Butterfly/Zhen/etc. This is true PvP. A party of six gets crashed by 2 parties. You call for help. Next thing you know all of KD and QQme is at Intrepid killing each other endlessly for a reason. Back when oracles only got you to 60-70 if you spent a couple hundreds of dollars.

Too many people misinterpret the PvP we talk about
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options

Good PvP Has a motive. A reason to keep fighting other then just to kill people. I'm of course talking about PvP at Fish/Butterfly/Zhen/etc. This is true PvP. A party of six gets crashed by 2 parties. You call for help. Next thing you know all of KD and QQme is at Intrepid killing each other endlessly for a reason. Back when oracles only got you to 60-70 if you spent a couple hundreds of dollars.

LOL So, in order to pvp you need a good reason? Come on, if you really enjoy killing other players either in groups or solo why do you need a reason? Since BH came (actually 3 per day now), GV and FC became easier to do theres no more reason to grind which I find it extremely boring, you wont even find ppl grind at their 9x in LC which still has more pvp then HL in west gate, etc etc PvP and reason dont fit together imo, at least for ppl that rpk :p

EDIT: Didnt notice the good pvp part so I wont completely disagree with you lol But still, there can be good pvp even if there isnt any other reason then liking to pvp ;)
  • Eragon - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options

This may have gave me a memory boner.
    +1 awesome point
    Wonhalt
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    LordPangu - Harshlands Posts: 413 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

"Good PvP has a motive" sorry but LOL. For me PvP is good as long as it is competetive and thats not only me, im sure of that.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    "Good PvP has a motive" sorry but LOL. For me PvP is good as long as it is competetive and thats not only me, im sure of that.

Says the person who probably started playing PW about the time Anniversary Packs came out. Im sure there is plenty of people with this opinion because of the fact that they've never experienced such PvP.
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Says the person who probably started playing PW about the time Anniversary Packs came out. Im sure there is plenty of people with this opinion because of the fact that they've never experienced such PvP.

Thats pai samefagging on his bro account don't waste your time

Also i bought 2 gold at 80k each wololo now who remembers those prices?
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    bawksy wrote: »

huh lol thats not me, why would I do that? :S Its not like I need sum1 to back up my words as I speak for the peopleb:laughb:laugh

EDIT: Forgot to say that I dont have access to my bros account ;)
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    bawksy wrote: »

Also i bought 2 gold at 80k each wololo now who remembers those prices?

Day one i bought 1 gold for 5k and bought a skirt.... the only fashion i have ever bought with my own money
  • elquadro
    elquadro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Day one i bought 1 gold for 5k and bought a skirt.... the only fashion i have ever bought with my own money

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fPUvs3iiZ9o/RzQyya1LcBI/AAAAAAAABUc/LH4IAIyu4QA/s400/lolpix-surprise-no-one-cares.jpg
  • Ponza - Lost City
    Ponza - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Why does it matter? We have KD vs kylin wars at hidden orchid/west gate etc now, and the fighting gets more serious during heavy TW times. There's plenty of pvp in OHT and other past maps.

Why would you bring an entire guild to fight for a spot @ fishes? The thing is, sure Icon and his gang crashed fish, but they would all fight for maybe 20 minutes then leave and do other stuff. None of KD really wanted to do fishes. We just went there to kill our KOS. Its the same thing.
  • Nurfed_ - Harshlands
    Nurfed_ - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Why would you bring an entire guild to fight for a spot @ fishes? The thing is, sure Icon and his gang crashed fish, but they would all fight for maybe 20 minutes then leave and do other stuff. None of KD really wanted to do fishes. We just went there to kill our KOS. Its the same thing.

"Why would you bring an entire guild to fight for a spot @ fishes"??!? Are you kidding me? Fish/Undines was the BEST place to level back then from 80-91. There wasn't no BH's, FC nor wedding quest back then. Whoever controlled fishes had THE advantage. To be in a fish party during those days was a PRIVLEDGE.

When Icon & whoever came to crash, yeah, of course they would leave after 20 minutes. I would leave in 20 minutes and give up too if i keep on getting rolled.

Back then, we had to spam T screen whenever we grinded. Now its just a walk in the park to level q_Q
  • Duck - Lost City
    Duck - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Although I hated grinding, man those times were good.
    Too bad none of the newcomers will ever know what it feels like to always spam "T" while grinding.
    My keyboard's "T" button sometimes gets stuck now lol

Three scenarios:
    I remember being so happy to find a full 6 person fish party, or finding fishes empty to form my own group, I would skip lunch to stay 1 or 2 hours.
    Or being so happy to grind with party, pop miji, then 5 minutes later, KOS comes and can't grind anymore.
    Last, grinding in a party with everyone being kos against each other, but not caring cause of the exp b:dirty

Fishes was THE way to level, and whichever guild controlled fishes, basically controlled the map.
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nowadays the only ways to destroy guilds from outside is by either atking and taking over their territory if they have one or ???? Well, the truth is that nowadays people cant say I cant level cuz im being constantly pked hehe Even though it was fun for sum ppl ****ing up other guilds by hardcore pking their members that were trying to grind its important for people to realize those times have passed, the truth is that high level pvp now will happen for minor causes, minor reasons, minor chances.
    Probably for the sake of those people that seek reasons to kill someone, something that would give alot of rewards (like mini bosses that give 2k exp/any other good thing o,0) and takes place outside safe zones, everyday, 24/7, outside instances should be implemented; Until then, people should get used to pvp like now cuz its not like HL is the only server where there isnt pvp for fishes or any other grind spot :P
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Nefastos - Harshlands
    Nefastos - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Yeah right .... I started playing on the day one of the server. Im not saying the days when ppl fought to control spiders, fishes, etc werent good in anyway, I just disagree when u say that this what u call good PvP cause it has nothing to do with good or bad pvp.
    b:victory b:victory b:victory
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This obsession with fishing was blown so far out of proportion by the QQme crew. It's a decent spot to level, ok. So is every other air/water mob of the same level. So are FBs. So is GV. So is zhenning. All that **** was available when you QQme was obsessing over fishing. And they're all less boring.

It's amazing how Crimson, KD, and KY all kept equal levels to QQme while they "dominated fish" Congrats on controlling a pointless inch on the map. The reason most of them the leveled any faster wasn't cause fish is so much better than everywhere else, it's because they sat there and grinded on miji's for longer than anyone else.
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    whatz iz this fish every1 talks about? wutz miji? I iz noobzie.

But more importantly... wut iz this PvP every1 talks about and me no know? b:sad

and how on earth did a gold price thread changed topic into a Golden-Fishing-PvP-days?

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Kingdom had the highest level Venos and BM's on the server, while QQme had the highest levels of everything else. Incidentally, BM's and Venos are the only classes which can solo grind efficiently and didn't depend on places like fish and Undines.

Just saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    "Why would you bring an entire guild to fight for a spot @ fishes"??!? Are you kidding me? Fish/Undines was the BEST place to level back then from 80-91. There wasn't no BH's, FC nor wedding quest back then. Whoever controlled fishes had THE advantage. To be in a fish party during those days was a PRIVLEDGE.

When Icon & whoever came to crash, yeah, of course they would leave after 20 minutes. I would leave in 20 minutes and give up too if i keep on getting rolled.

Back then, we had to spam T screen whenever we grinded. Now its just a walk in the park to level q_Q

in a way all the easy and fast leveling has ruined the game imo. rather than work towards a goal, someone can just swipe a credit card and accomplish what others have worked hard for. not complaining about it, just rather spend my irl money on a new purse or fancy heels. < irl fashion

people trying to crash fish back then made for extremely funny vent. b:laugh
    the good Starr
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This obsession with fishing was blown so far out of proportion by the QQme crew. It's a decent spot to level, ok. So is every other air/water mob of the same level. So are FBs. So is GV. So is zhenning. All that **** was available when you QQme was obsessing over fishing. And they're all less boring..

No one could get into Hell to zhen at that point i don't think Lost Empire was out during fishing times (3rd map). People did GV Delta everyday back then amirite? No one could afford to do FBs when Icon and QQ payed 500k per FB59.

Edit:
    Yeah right .... I started playing on the day one of the server. Im not saying the days when ppl fought to control spiders, fishes, etc werent good in anyway, I just disagree when u say that this what u call good PvP cause it has nothing to do with good or bad pvp.

Level 80 Barb during zhen or fish party.... You didn't like it because you died in 2-3 hits. Im not calling you fail but you were just to low level....and a barb... to enjoy it.
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i for one has become acustomed to anni packs...quik and efficiant profits b:pleased
  • Eragon - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This obsession with fishing was blown so far out of proportion by the QQme crew. It's a decent spot to level, ok. So is every other air/water mob of the same level. So are FBs. So is GV. So is zhenning. All that **** was available when you QQme was obsessing over fishing. And they're all less boring.

It's amazing how Crimson, KD, and KY all kept equal levels to QQme while they "dominated fish" Congrats on controlling a pointless inch on the map. The reason most of them the leveled any faster wasn't cause fish is so much better than everywhere else, it's because they sat there and grinded on miji's for longer than anyone else.

Oh yea fish is terrrible xp! Its so bad that it was just impossible for a lvl 88 full support cleric to get to lvl 89 in less then 24 hours of grinding, and his name definitley wasn't funlol.

Thats a thing of a past though. Money=power. Just like the rest of the world follows, it is a free to play game but the old thing comes up, "Free to play, pay to win"
    Wonhalt
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:cute awww the good old days of HL....

Less WC spam, more nicer people...

Fun PK, and a colorful map.

Now its different... >__> b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

I loved the PK fights with Crimon/QQ dude.

Icon: GTFO, YOUR JUST WASTING DOLL FOR POINTLESS FIGHT!!!
    or
    Icon: Everyone move to fish and help us controll the spot!! PM Me for squad invite.

Sad thing was that the squad was almost same 5 guys :(

This is why HL turned carebear over night. Nowone ever wanted to face QQme or Crimson (even tho Crimson sucked balls from day 1..) so lets all do HH for a week. Sell mats and buy charms. Then spend a week in GV/FC. Or cash shop charms and spend 2 weeks in GV/FC. Now its even easier lol.. Grind is a waste. GV is a waste and FC is a waste. Just get a credit card, oracle to 100, get rank 8 and you win the game. And Try i would rather sit on my comp and grind all day than sit in my comp QQing about no cash to do GV like i saw tons of people do..

Seriouslly i don't play for like 3 months now in HL still iam in the PK ranks and idk a lot of the people in the Lvl ranks.
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10