Constantly Bored

Options
Ancano - Sanctuary
Ancano - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
The new expansion is fun, having 2 new classes to play around with, but then what? Lvl 20 and you get shuffled off to Arch like everyone else to complete the same quests you've already done many times.

There's just not that much to do in this game compared to other games. Every they add stuff, all I see is new stuff in the Boutique, which I don't use. How about some new features that we can spend our time on? Achievement system could be fun, or expand the crafting system to make new items.
Post edited by Ancano - Sanctuary on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you are bored at level 56....*sigh* b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you are bored at level 56....*sigh* b:surrender

^^ this

/10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The new expansion is fun, having 2 new classes to play around with, but then what? Lvl 20 and you get shuffled off to Arch like everyone else to complete the same quests you've already done many times.

There's just not that much to do in this game compared to other games. Every they add stuff, all I see is new stuff in the Boutique, which I don't use. How about some new features that we can spend our time on? Achievement system could be fun, or expand the crafting system to make new items.

At level 56 the game hasn't even opened up to you yet, at around level 85ish the game is largely open although there are still some things you can't do b:surrender, anyway give the game a chance and make sure your playing a class you enjoy for starters you still have a lot to come.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I depend on friends and factions for fun rather than on the game contents.

If I wanted a game content that I can spend hours and hours enjoying, I'd play single player console games.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i had a joyous time grinding at lv56 (yeah we had no oracles or BH)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    indeed. the last event I remember was the picture hunting around october/november and previous to that the GM meet and greet around july.

can you make the game fun please?
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

uggghhh, don't remind me of that lvl, i follow somebody advice and grind supreme foxwing from lvl 56 to 60, worst week of my life. i pratically did nothing but grinding :P

but the occassion grinding now, is fun :P keeps me awake when grinding with nix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    AndyNagato - Lost City Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    but the occassion grinding now, is fun :P keeps me awake when grinding with nix.
    especially when you cuss out every other veno in your leveling vicinity when you do it in OHT because they wont leave when youre on a scroll 8D.

much like nefs other venos >.>; whining is aplenty, specially amongst the super cs'ers.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    - Join a guild that interests you. (if your in one now, leave for some fresh new names)

- Drop out of Sanct and join Lost City. (life's better when your getting chased by some axe weilding Baldemaster whilst trying to kill 30 rhinodrakes)

- Set a specific but yet attainable goal that would take 3-5 days and try to complete it.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Kaizona - Harshlands
    Kaizona - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What keeps me goin is my wanting to be a higher lvl.Try being stuck in the 50s for over a month. (psst hi sneakystalk b:bye)
    Appliance perfect world.

Death refridgerator vs dark oven.Who will win?
    Death refridgerator takes 902134 damage.
    PWND.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Skull mountain ftw!

I still enjoy grinding...it's very zen for me. At this level I get almost nothing for it though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Boozin - Sanctuary
    Boozin - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    - Set a specific but yet attainable goal that would take 3-5 days and try to complete it.

^ this

Just endlessly grinding for exp can seem hopeless sometimes but I find that sort of creating your own "quests" can add alot. I spend some time on the database looking at some of the nifty armour and weapons that can be crafted, found the ones I want and now I work at trying to find the needed drops.. gets ya exp, spirit, coin etc etc and ya get a nice sense of accomplishment once u craft that legendary weapon or gold armour or whatever nice piece of gear you wanted. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    especially when you cuss out every other veno in your leveling vicinity when you do it in OHT because they wont leave when youre on a scroll 8D.

much like nefs other venos >.>; whining is aplenty, specially amongst the super cs'ers.

you kidding me right? when i was grinding like mad lvl 80-93, there was very little people who grind in OTH, and the occassion people who pop in don't bother me at all unless they have buddies. That area is big enough for two veno to grind without getting in each other way.

also having +10% exp helps keep me happy :P btw, you are wrong, nef venos mostly aren't cs users.... which makes me feel sad. But if you really want to see cs users, go see reg :P

in my opinion they have more cs users than us :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EIlvira - Heavens Tear
    EIlvira - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I dunno, for me hitting 60 (on my cleric way back when in 2008) opened up a lot more to do with TT runs and stuff to keep busy. TT gets boring yeah, but it gives you something to do. Running around dungeons with a group can be fun when everyone knows what they're doing. :) Sure the mindless grinding is boring I wont argue there. But it can be worth it. Looking forward to new gear at 70, 80, and 90 especially, helped for me. :) Honestly I got bored with the game after 90 lol. I dunno how anyone reaches 100+ without going mad but that might be me. I started alts to keep my interest. It's nice to have a "change of scenery" sometimes.

And like some others said before me, having good friends in the game is worth sticking around for too of course. :)
  • LingBanamu - Sanctuary
    LingBanamu - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    - Drop out of Sanct and join Lost City. (life's better when your getting chased by some axe weilding Baldemaster whilst trying to kill 30 rhinodrakes)

This, is what I did. Life is so much better when you don't know when a 7x veno is going to sick her nix on you while you're questing. Really, it's been fun. My first goal was to reach 30. Since I reached 30, I've been competing with friends to level up. So yeah, if you're really that bored LC might be the place for you b:victory.

-Ling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Run TTs, RBs, FCs and every other possible instance. That helps a bit...

I got constantly bored after lvl90... After dinging kinda stopped to do dailies (did CS and WQ only when I was at 90%, BHs when a squad asked if I need). Logged in only for some instance runs or simply hang around with people.
    Only thing that kept me going was Secret Maps. Got to Old Unicorn Forest at lvl92 (I love that map!). When got bored from it, then got to Valley of Scared at lvl93. I was really looking forward to it, cause some foolish archer told you can earn 1.5mil per hour there. She meant exp, I though money... Heard that 4th map is nasty so I have lost motivation to try to reach it.

So yea... 90s are boring unless you can find something fun to do. 50s was hard only cause of grinding part. 60-90 that's when most of fun happens.
    I dunno, for me hitting 60 (on my cleric way back when in 2008) opened up a lot more to do with TT runs and stuff to keep busy. TT gets boring yeah, but it gives you something to do. Running around dungeons with a group can be fun when everyone knows what they're doing. :)

Lower TTs, like 1-x and 2-x, are fun when ppl dont know what they are doing. Makes you bit wake up and start to curse at them, cause suddenly half of party are dead for some mysterious reason... Low lvl barb decides that he is better tank and uses flesh ream on boss while herc is tanking... Clerics running as first and pulling mobs, while there are venos in squads... Yea... that's fun.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    you kidding me right? when i was grinding like mad lvl 80-93, there was very little people who grind in OTH, and the occassion people who pop in don't bother me at all unless they have buddies. That area is big enough for two veno to grind without getting in each other way.

also having +10% exp helps keep me happy :P btw, you are wrong, nef venos mostly aren't cs users.... which makes me feel sad. But if you really want to see cs users, go see reg :P

in my opinion they have more cs users than us :P

For some reason I keep forgetting what OTH means. Also, Hiyas Evga! I finally made 78 from 77 (took a year of not really doing anything at all, but messing around and feeding a lot of XP into genies but I made it finally lol).

~Saitada
  • EIlvira - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Run TTs, RBs, FCs and every other possible instance. That helps a bit...

Lower TTs, like 1-x and 2-x, are fun when ppl dont know what they are doing. Makes you bit wake up and start to curse at them, cause suddenly half of party are dead for some mysterious reason... Low lvl barb decides that he is better tank and uses flesh ream on boss while herc is tanking... Clerics running as first and pulling mobs, while there are venos in squads... Yea... that's fun.

Lol so true! As frustrating as it can be sometimes... it can be more exciting when everyone is in a suicidal mood lol.

I still feel like Forgotten Frostlands is the most fun as a cleric. It's a pain in the **** to keep watch on everyone but it's a lot more fun than grinding all the time. Sadly I haven't done it much lately... Probably will if we get the 2x exp thing though. :3 I just don't wanna pay for scrolls XD

But yeah you're right. I honestly haven't done much RB though. It's the one thing I don't know a lot about. :S
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    PVP? That rarely gets boring.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Suicidal squad makes you appreciate skilled players. :)

For FC I want to try 5 veno squad and 1 cleric. Got to find crazy enough ppl to actually join that :P

RB is fun, expecially gamma. Gamma is easy, fast and fun. Have had a time when we finished run with only 5 ppl (archer got kicked out of squad). Delta, on other hand, is harder and for veno bit more intense. Cant talk about alpha and beta, as I started RB and got addicted to it only starting from gamma.
  • Super_Trout - Dreamweaver
    Super_Trout - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What do I do to entertain myself when I get bored?

I sit over by Darkbreeds. >.>

Not sure why, but watching those little lv18-24 people running around like chickens with their heads cut off and dying repeatedly (just to come back and have the same thing happen again) gives me amusement. Even funnier when they insist on doing it alone. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EIlvira - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options

Not sure why, but watching those little lv18-24 people running around like chickens with their heads cut off and dying repeatedly (just to come back and have the same thing happen again) gives me amusement. Even funnier when they insist on doing it alone. b:shocked

ROFL. Why didn't I think of that? XD I really have to do that now lol...

As for RB it sounds exciting but also expensive? Since charms are involved... and charm expense is nothing to laugh at anymore. :( I miss when they were only 400k. remember those days guys? Makes me want to cry. 400k barely pays for a bronze. XD

But anyway... I usually use event pots when I do FF runs or anything like that but something where I'd be taking hits a lot, I'd probably need a HP charm. For something like RB, I assume? Hmm I need to research this. Far as i know clerics just stand there and BB the whole time lol. Well from what I've been told.
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    How about some new features that we can spend our time on?.

I would be happy if they just made the current events such as the new tournament twice weekly. One at the current time slot and one Euro friendly
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I've always found the bounty hunters fun. I'm sure that'll change once i start getting bh69 (already hate getting pyro), but for now, they're fun. also, i'm another of those people that gets all zen on grinding. i put some tunes on, make sure my macros are set up, and go to town. also aoe grinding with my cleric is fun. not quite so mindless, but even more enjoyable. there's just something about watching 20 mobs drop at the same time that's incredibly satisfying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

you could offer help, as you obviously were so skilled on your first char that didn't die.

besides venos can solo them as soon as they get magmite.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    you could offer help, as you obviously were so skilled on your first char that didn't die.

i fail to see how this would be funnyb:surrender
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    - I watch WC drama. "Much Ado About Nothing" comes to mind...
    - Nuts enough to run 2 computers at the same time. Clears my BHs and a good part of my faction's at the same time.
    - And general faction activities. Always fun to chill with these folks, lol. In fact it's something that can have me idle somewhere in the world for a long while.
    - WQ and roam forums or play other games at the same time. (I've taken a break from in-game ATM, but I'm still at computer... therefore forums it is!)
    - Reroll alts... though I've been keeping them lately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • BraveHeart_ - Dreamweaver
    BraveHeart_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's because every aspect of this game is unrewarding and a waste of time/coin drainage, since the achievements in this game are worthless because their rather unreachable without CS'ing. And even the people who spend thousands or more into this game to buy enough rep to get rank 8 gear will get bored with time...this is a chinese farmer game so to reach some of the achievements in-game like leveling crafting to 8 or whatnot would take obscene amounts of time, coin and luck and is it worth it you think hm?

Speaking of "Fun" personally when I reached lv 20 and got sent to Archo the game got instantly boring because without a mount it took hours to go anywhere and eventually the quests are replaced with dailies wich isn't to different from grinding because it's the same repetitive actions day after day and since I know exactly what to expect in CS,WQ,BH,Cube and everything it became meaningless to even do it.

People told me since I hated doing dailies I should just stop doing them then but I realized there's nothing to really do here if not to keep progressing.
    I am a Demon Axe/Fist BM and proud of it. b:victory

Played for 4 months between 09.21.09-01.18.10

Then quit playing a game that I had grown to hate every day. b:bye
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

It sounds to me like you should be playing something else.

Edit: And the poster above me.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    <BLAH> <BLAH> <BLAH>

That pretty much makes your post easier to read.

Do you really have that little in life to do than come and hang out on a forum where you used to play a game and hate it now.

I pity your life mate. b:shocked
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.