People You've Taken Aggro Off Of

Reico_M - Dreamweaver
Reico_M - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Psychic
I took aggro off of a level 80 Axe BM with a low dex at level 48, and a level 60 pure mag Wiz at level 50.

I beat an axe bm eight levels higher than me in a duel after i accidentally hit him with my own soul of vengeance buff.

Psychics FTW
Post edited by Reico_M - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Lyzzern - Lost City
    Lyzzern - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've taken aggro from a Lv. 97 Axe BM kthxbyeowned
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2508297003&dateline=1263853257[/SIGPIC]
    Asoteric Runewolf just pwned you b:victory

(Yet another player who has quit this game :>; See you in Forsaken World)
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've taken aggro off a level 100 barb. The monster aggroed him. I attacked, he didnt = I stole aggro!
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Titan_itachi - Raging Tide
    Titan_itachi - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    BMs chose the axe path for aoe skills .taking 1 of the monsters he hit with his aoe cant really mean that you got aggro .also taking aggro on a normal mob doesnt really count the mob will go after the one who hits hardest .with that being said on bosses /elite monsters taking aggro means that you have to do a lot of damage in a short amount of time with black voodoo on and with your low channeling time its normal to get aggro although i think i 80+ archers with their high critical rate will get aggro over us (assassins are still new but they have the same build as archers so they might get aggro over us to) just keep in mind the point is not in getting aggro ,its in staying a live and doing as much damage as you can b:victory
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If you take aggro off a barb in an instance, either the barb sucks or you suck as a DD

Kthxbaib:chuckle
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyzzern - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    If you take aggro off a barb in an instance, either the barb sucks or you suck as a DD

Kthxbaib:chuckle

How the **** can you suck as a DD if you steal aggro from a Barb? Considering that DD's purpose is to DEAL DAMAGE. Dumbmuch? kthxbye
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2508297003&dateline=1263853257[/SIGPIC]

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    How the **** can you suck as a DD if you steal aggro from a Barb? Considering that DD's purpose is to DEAL DAMAGE. Dumbmuch? kthxbye

You wont be dealing much damage when you're dead. b:bye
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Lyzzern - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    You wont be dealing much damage when you're dead. b:bye

Virtually impossible if Barb & DD are same level for DD to steal aggro if Barb spams Flesh Realm.b:bye

• XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited January 2010

knowing your role is also part of the DD's job.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Virtually impossible if Barb & DD are same level for DD to steal aggro if Barb spams Flesh Realm.b:bye

I disagree =P

But like they said: It's part of the DD's job to know how to NOT steal agro =P If he doesn't know how, he sucks. b:bye
  • Confound - Harshlands
    Confound - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If you were smart, you wouldn't take aggro in the first place. People have the mentality that they have to do as much damage as possible at all costs. Just take your time. T_T
  • Lyzzern - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    I disagree =P

But like they said: It's part of the DD's job to know how to NOT steal agro =P If he doesn't know how, he sucks. b:bye

I spam PyroGushWoP on bosses, unless I double Spark, Undine, Extreme Poison and Nuke I don't steal aggro

• Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    if the barb loses aggro he either:

1) is on a macro
    2) is lazy
    3) underlvl fleshream
    4) sucks

it's impossible for a barb to lose aggro if he spams fleshream. i have a barb, i know. if the dd are around the same lvl as the barb, it just wont happen unless the barb does one of the above, intentionally or not.

unless the dd uses alpha male(has happened to me for the sake of saying he took aggro off my barb)

at 89 if the barb loses aggro to a demon or sage spark, if he doesnt have sage/demon fleshream then it falls under reason #3. it can be learned at lvl89

DD can never be blamed unless the barb warns them, or they out lvl the barb by a lot
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I spam PyroGushWoP on bosses, unless I double Spark, Undine, Extreme Poison and Nuke I don't steal aggro

That doesn't make it "virtually impossible" though... it just makes it impossible while you are using a specific combo...
  • Urukabaar - Heavens Tear
    Urukabaar - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    DD can never be blamed unless ... they out lvl the barb by a lot

I had a lvl 88 pure killer cleric taggin along and she tried to steal and couldnt
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    My psychic has stolen aggro from a 9x archer and a 9x blademaster. I also steal a lot of aggro in Public Quest, but its mostly due to Black Voodoo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EvilVisage - Heavens Tear
    EvilVisage - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Stealing from a BM is no feat at all. They have no skills to keep it from happening, besides out damaging you.

And if you are stealing agro from barbs or the tank in the first place, as stated above, means you suck.

I do it jokingly between friends, but never on someone I don't know. Your skills should be spaced, or you should be using White voodoo, and your low skills. I NEVER take agro unless I intend to do so.
    Got fish?
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Stealing from a BM is no feat at all. They have no skills to keep it from happening, besides out damaging you.

And if you are stealing agro from barbs or the tank in the first place, as stated above, means you suck.

I do it jokingly between friends, but never on someone I don't know. Your skills should be spaced, or you should be using White voodoo, and your low skills. I NEVER take agro unless I intend to do so.

Evil... remember that I told you Psys stealing aggro?

Well, it happened again at one of the BH at Drake. The Psys were using water cannon (dot spell) after the barb was trying to lure the boss away from his adds.

Nevertheless, they got the aggro. I mean... won't someone feel something wrong if the barb is running instead of tanking it?

If something is wrong, why are the psys using water cannon which will steal aggro guaranteed?

Drake on a few occassions turned his head at the psys, but it's fortunate that the barb got the aggro back.

Are they not afraid of causing squad wipes? Or are they intentionally trying to prove that they are the best DDer?

Seriously, is this what a DD should do? If so, i'm going all out with my slingshot to prove i'm the best dd.
    edited January 2010
    My psychic has stolen aggro from a 9x archer and a 9x blademaster. I also steal a lot of aggro in Public Quest, but its mostly due to Black Voodoo.
    Evil... remember that I told you Psys stealing aggro?

Well, it happened again at one of the BH at Drake. The Psys were using water cannon (dot spell) after the barb was trying to lure the boss away from his adds.

Nevertheless, they got the aggro. I mean... won't someone feel something wrong if the barb is running instead of tanking it?

If something is wrong, why are the psys using water cannon which will steal aggro guaranteed?

Drake on a few occassions turned his head at the psys, but it's fortunate that the barb got the aggro back.

Are they not afraid of causing squad wipes? Or are they intentionally trying to prove that they are the best DDer?

Seriously, is this what a DD should do? If so, i'm going all out with my slingshot to prove i'm the best dd.

No. Its not what a DD should be doing at all. A DD should be doing consistent dmg to provide support to the squad, without pulling agro, or putting the squad in a situation where it would wipe. Its just the fools who don't know how to play DDs and just think they can spam spells. Torrent (The DoT spell) shouldn't have caused insta-agro. However, it would if the barb hadn't used flesh ream, or actually gotten ahold of the boss yet. Once again, it really just comes down to knowing how to play a DD, and your class. You aren't the masters of the squad, stop trying to act like it. I almost never pull agro, unless I absolutely intend for it to happen. And IF I do pull agro, I make sure that I take the measures necessary for the squad to not wipe, and the barb to get back agro (Running is useless, it causes distance between tank and mob.) If you pull agro, toss up Psychic Will (If its a phys mob) and simply stand there and wait for the barb/tank to get ahold of it.

USE COMMON SENSE.
    Got fish?
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No. Its not what a DD should be doing at all. A DD should be doing consistent dmg to provide support to the squad, without pulling agro, or putting the squad in a situation where it would wipe. Its just the fools who don't know how to play DDs and just think they can spam spells. Torrent (The DoT spell) shouldn't have caused insta-agro. However, it would if the barb hadn't used flesh ream, or actually gotten ahold of the boss yet. Once again, it really just comes down to knowing how to play a DD, and your class. You aren't the masters of the squad, stop trying to act like it. I almost never pull agro, unless I absolutely intend for it to happen. And IF I do pull agro, I make sure that I take the measures necessary for the squad to not wipe, and the barb to get back agro (Running is useless, it causes distance between tank and mob.) If you pull agro, toss up Psychic Will (If its a phys mob) and simply stand there and wait for the barb/tank to get ahold of it.

USE COMMON SENSE.

When did this turn into a giant DD lecture? b:question The original intent of the topic was probably to see people's experiences (that they probably didn't expect) regarding their damage outdoing others at such a low level.

No one is saying that, except maybe the person who said woo go psychics or something.

And I trust my guild members not to party wipe in a fb51 or 59 where they are more than capable of surviving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    since when is taking taking aggro off of a tank and having the boss atk a squishy DD something to be praising about?
    edited January 2010
    When did this turn into a giant DD lecture? b:question The original intent of the topic was probably to see people's experiences (that they probably didn't expect) regarding their damage outdoing others at such a low level.

No one is saying that, except maybe the person who said woo go psychics or something.

And I trust my guild members not to party wipe in a fb51 or 59 where they are more than capable of surviving.

To me, it seemed more like one of those "Lets brag because we do so much damage" threads. No offense to anyone intended, just giving my 2 cents on the matter.
    since when is taking taking aggro off of a tank and having the boss atk a squishy DD something to be praising about?

It sure as hell is nothing to be praised. Its a nuisance.
    Got fish?
  • Selador - Heavens Tear
    Selador - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It really is a nuisance.
  • Lyzzern - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    I disagree =P

Hmmmm Barbs should have more dex to attack more times so we can deal full damage. I mean, I deal full damage, if I steal aggro I just shrink back lol, but I'd like not to be careful to see when boss looks at me with those big Chinese eyes

• Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hmmmm Barbs should have more dex to attack more times so we can deal full damage. I mean, I deal full damage, if I steal aggro I just shrink back lol, but I'd like not to be careful to see when boss looks at me with those big Chinese eyes
    Dex doesn't increase attack speed, it increases evasion and accuracy. And all a barb should have to do is flesh ream to pull aggro back.

Wait till you're 79+ with undine. You'll have a hard time NOT pulling aggro.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PurpleBomber - Dreamweaver
    PurpleBomber - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    To me, it seemed more like one of those "Lets brag because we do so much damage" threads. No offense to anyone intended, just giving my 2 cents on the matter.

It sure as hell is nothing to be praised. Its a nuisance.

I will agree with you about the bragging part but its quite interesting in the same sense of what lvl they stole from.

I remember helping a friend of mine with bh29 since am 60 its not hard for me do without the assistance of a tank, yes my friend is a cleric.

While i was helping him he invited a tank and one more cleric and a veno which seem like i could just stand watch and since 2 clerics are already there so i don't need to waste any pots so i just watch.

While at qingzi i expected the tank do his usual and i wouldn't attack cause I would basically be drawing the aggro from the lvl 50+ tank. While in the midst of the killing qingzi he asked me if am afk or i could help a little and qingzi life isn't even half to say yes i can start spacing my attacks so i said if i did it our roles would instantly change.

He said i don't have to worry cause i can't steal from him....."ME" who stole from lvl 60s at 40-50, cant steal from a lvl 50+ tank at lvl60 with a TT weapon. My damage output on qingzi is very high in 10secs i can do 32k(only a rough estimate) worth of damage, simple put aqua spirit>spirit blast>earth vector/landslide/spirit blast. I saw i hit like 6k-8k it varies sometimes even 9k(buts thats rare or the type of mob)

Anyways in my opinion its interesting to hear who they stole from and which mob it was.
    Its like when you look into the eyes of a cute kitten or puppy it silently steals your soul.

But cmon THEY'RE CUTE!!! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cute punchy kitty. Please don't punch me with your cuteness. >_<
  • Esalium - Dreamweaver
    Esalium - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I was in a lvl 30 hb for qingzi, there was a bm in my team. I was around lvl 46 then. The monster's hp was at 75%, I told the clerics that I was going to steal the aggro, so just giving them a heads up. In 3-4 attacks, Qingzi turns to attack me. lol

It went a lot faster after that XD.
  • Swdgy - Heavens Tear
    Swdgy - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I stole agro off an assassin at level 30. o.o
    The archer was attacking the sin, I came then the archer started attacking me b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] yay :) ^.^
    stuffed a bunch of my favorite animes into 1 signature lolz
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    The news on 29/1/10 is, psy and sin aggro will be lowered across the board.

It will make psy chain-casting even more. b:chuckle
  • Lacrimarine - Raging Tide
    Lacrimarine - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yes, it'll be lowered, but it doesn't mean they won't steal aggro.
    Especially those who chain-casting -.-"

To the OP :

Stealing aggro isn't something to be proud about.
    If it is, then most of wiz will have numerous winning trophies for that case -.-"
    And it's not something pleasant to squad,
    Party wipe issue could occur if you keep on stealing aggro off the tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Yes, it'll be lowered, but it doesn't mean they won't steal aggro.
    Especially those who chain-casting -.-"

To the OP :

Stealing aggro isn't something to be proud about.
    If it is, then most of wiz will have numerous winning trophies for that case -.-"
    And it's not something pleasant to squad,
    Party wipe issue could occur if you keep on stealing aggro off the tank.

Trust me, I have said this countless of times... and the result is this thread. b:chuckle