Full mag cleric

josef19
josef19 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Cleric
I got one question for full mag cleric, I'm gona be useing robes and following the guide that is pinned for 'full attack cleric'.

Now for my question:
What do I put my 5 points into? I didnt seem to get an answer for that in the guide.
Post edited by josef19 on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:surrender Oh my on that guide...but umm...

Full Mag = 9 mag, 1 str every 2 levels
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • josef19
    josef19 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't need dex or vit?
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Nope - it's called full magic for a reason. Only enough str to wear armor and everything else magic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Mikamis - Harshlands
    Mikamis - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Whats A Hybrids Build Please
    Only The One In Painb:beatup

b:cool________________b:cool
    b:cool[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cool

Are Screaming In Victoryb:victory
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I wish they'd take that guide down.

full mag build is all good and well, but in all honesty don't be afraid to add vit. It will make your life a good amount easier.
  • pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Cleric builds taken from Cleric Information for newcomers
    First guide in the cleric forum...

* Every 2 levels: 10 stat points

FULL MAGIC:
    + Highly offensive build. Very low survivability. High damage and healing power.
    - 9 MAG
    - 1 STR

HYBRID (2 choices) :
    + Offensive build. Low survivability. High damage and healing power.
    - 7-8 MAG
    - 1 STR
    - 1-2 VIT

or + Balanced build. Decent survivability. Mid-high damage and healing power.
    - 6 MAG
    - 1 STR
    - 3 VIT
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    all those guides have some fail coz they are old

that whole idea 'x vit y mag z str every two lvls' is damn ****

f.e.
    or + Balanced build. Decent survivability. Mid-high damage and healing power.
    - 6 MAG
    - 1 STR
    - 3 VIT

lolwut thats balanced?
    base 140 vit at 90lvl (so >180 vit gear) is balanced build? oh lmao

will somebody write good hp guide someday? like with 'progressive build' (including point resets which everybody does at certain point) or just recomened hp every 10 lvls (including what things u wanna do)? +link to pwi calculator

can somebody inform newbies that every cleric shud aim at highest mag stat (mag attack) possible (comfortable) and that vit is just 'patch stat' to cover lack of hp and should be always considered as 'necessary evil' lol
    (yup, even if u have 150 vit- u have it coz u think u must have it for certain reason - not coz it s just good to have h-vit stat)

bleh, eot
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    -points a shotgun at the **** guide-

-fires til out of bullets-

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE b:angry
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I wish they'd take that guide down.

full mag build is all good and well, but in all honesty don't be afraid to add vit. It will make your life a good amount easier.

It is the only other sticky we have like other class forums.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It is the only other sticky we have like other class forums.

no guide is better than a bad guide.
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    Seiowan - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    1 VIT = 10hp... pretty weak returns on VIT, not that you'd get much more out of a little extra MAG mind you, but you can always refine your armor for extra HP and shard for defense to get around most of the problems.

My views, however, are somewhat biased as they come from a pure-mag wizard and a light armor cleric player. I've had a somewhat different experience playing as my character and despite having absolutely no vitality at all, my HP is still sitting pretty at 2.5k at level 52, rivalling some BMs and often beating other clerics.

In short, stats are only half the battle, equipment is the rest. You can often make up for your shortcomings in HP/defense/attack with a decent set of armor or weaponry.
  • pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    all those guides have some fail coz they are old

that whole idea 'x vit y mag z str every two lvls' is damn ****

f.e.

lolwut thats balanced?
    base 140 vit at 90lvl (so >180 vit gear) is balanced build? oh lmao

will somebody write good hp guide someday? like with 'progressive build' (including point resets which everybody does at certain point) or just recomened hp every 10 lvls (including what things u wanna do)? +link to pwi calculator

can somebody inform newbies that every cleric shud aim at highest mag stat (mag attack) possible (comfortable) and that vit is just 'patch stat' to cover lack of hp and should be always considered as 'necessary evil' lol
    (yup, even if u have 150 vit- u have it coz u think u must have it for certain reason - not coz it s just good to have h-vit stat)

bleh, eot

I just copied/pasted info that was right there while OP said he couldnt find it.

and well its always a matter of personnal preference.
    Pure magic build will only work if you have the gear to go with it IMO, as if you dont have proper HP/p.def you WILL get one shoted by AOEs.

For someone who doesnt mind investing a bit later on I recommend 1 vit per 2 lvls until you reach 50 vit. then pure magic after that. (to restat to pure magic at 90 or 80 if you get the tt80 gold armor ).

50 vit = 500 hp more which IMO can help alot in lower levels when you are not refining your gear yet. It may be a weak return, but it adds up in the end.
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yeah there is nothing wrong with clerics that have a good bit of vit. I personally went full mag build because of that stupid guide. now don't get me wrong full mag build works, but in the end most builds end up trying to over come there short comings through there armor. So full mag build look for hp, vit, and pdef in there armor. while LA looks for more hp and mag. then Vit AA tend to just get what ever they come across thats good, because they are well balanced and not lacking anything too severely.

And also when most people compare vit to mag. they don't do it very fairly. each point of mag, adds 14 mag and works as an amplifier to your mag attk. but then vit adds 10 of hp and works as a modifier to your pdef. thats what most people leave out. It's really hard to know how much so, because most of those calculators are broken. And as Pandora said, 500 hp, is really helpful.
    edited January 2010
    never sed that specific build is better than other

im just against mindless propagating any
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• WoodjaBlowme - Raging Tide
    WoodjaBlowme - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    From a lower lv view i went full mag until a few lvs ago. i noticed with 1k hp i was using more pots then i liked and if i was in an fb and got aggro i was sometimes one-shotted. my current stats are 30 vit 29 str 149 mag 10 dex. im going for a hybrid build for now with every 2 lvs is
    1str 1vit 3 mag then 3 mag 2 vit. true you lose att power but if u get one-shotted u cant nuke ****.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    What do you mean you were going though pots mana that I can understand?Pure Mag. have more mana that hybrids do.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've tried vit, LA & pure builds on my cleric. So far I like the pure most... It's Pve server though. Don't remember last time I died. Lvl 98
  • Slarti - Dreamweaver
    Slarti - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    hmmm... 500 more HP (and some extra pdef) or 700 more MP and a small bit extra Magic Attack...

IH is modified by +30% of base mag attack. Lets be generous and say each point of Mag= +4mag attack (it's less, but I don't know the exact formula). That adds a whopping +60hp to each Ironheart...

Okay, so you are an "attack cleric"... your main attack spells are your base magical attack modified by some % of weapon damage. Using my overly generous fake formula above this adds (potential) 200 damage to each attack.

On mobs my level (82) I hit for 3500-6000 with plume shot and 7000-10000 with wield thunder. An extra 200 points per shot on mobs with 30k hp makes little difference. This is with tt70 magic sword only once refined...
    I've tried vit, LA & pure builds on my cleric. So far I like the pure most... It's Pve server though. Don't remember last time I died. Lvl 98

You must be talking about restatting to pure mag... slogging through the first 60 levels getting one hit all the time doesn't sound fun. Some of the level 80 and especially 90 gear adds enough vit and pdef to make restatting to pure mag possible without losing too much survivability.
    edited January 2010
    if u dont know formula then dont talk bout it =3

• Slarti - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    I said I didn't know the exact formula, but it is far below my hypothetical example. All one has to do is put a point into mag with their weapon unequipped to see what the actual increase is at their level.

I am not advocating any particular build either, just saying that for approximately 50 points of vit the hp and phys def you get MIGHT be a good trade for the attack power you lose...
    And maybe if you are concerned about having the highest possible damage output per shot... re-roll as a wizard...

Edit: Deleted snarky comment about literacy. (or perhaps just replaced it...)
    edited January 2010
    and again, u dont know how formula works and u use it to back up ur arguments

and btw u dont need to defend ur 50vit points. nobody here will tell u to reset it if u keep being one-shoted

• Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    OK ran a comparison in pw calc for a lvl 60 pure build and lvl 60 with 50 vit. only equipment was a unmodified ancient arbor

pure = mag atk 2320-2738, 1230hp

50vit = mag atk 2038-2405, 1680hp

do remember that again though none of know the exact formula the mag stat seems to be a multiplier rather than simply addition.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    it depends on ur gear and lvl, so u have to calculate it for ur 'case' everytime

f.e. with +45 mag points 60lvl cler who shard and refine a bit (+1 and common or averanges) can get like 8% mag attack more (total)

from 45vit, if he shard a ref a bit too (1550-2000hp) - 29%

but
    f.e. at 93lvl I still wud get something near 8-9% from 45 mag
    but just 11-12% from 45vit (and i have low hp for my lvl)

anyway, it is just example and shudnt be used as pattern

• VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You must be talking about restatting to pure mag...
    Rofl... obviously I wasn't talking about making 3 seperate clerics to test builds... b:embarrass
  • Slarti - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Hey Maragon, thanks for looking that up.

In your example we have a difference in base magic attack of 282-333.

Let's look at level 5 wield thunder, the highest level your hypothetical lvl 60 clerics could have:
    Damage is: base attack + 150% of weapon damage (850.5-1020) + 3001.3
    total damage difference is 282-333 per shot.

How about level 10 Ironheart Blessing:
    Recovery of 714 + 30% of base magic attack
    total difference in healing would be 111hp per cast.

Again, not saying one build is better than another, just pointing out the trade offs.
    Rofl... obviously I wasn't talking about making 3 seperate clerics to test builds... b:embarrass

haha, I hope not...
  • Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear
    Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Im a Barb, who, was getting in w/ the wrong crowd in bh's. So, I decided to make a cleric. However, isnt a cleric supposed to be an assisting character? Cleric = Medic, right? So he should just use bandaids on other characters? As a Barb, who has been doing the 4-1 for 50+ levels, it was hard for me to understand that I shouldnt fight. So in that essence, how should I stat? Pure? Someone please let me know, Thx.
    edited January 2010
    u should try posting 40lvl cleric stats to prove vit >mag

b:surrender

• Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    u should try posting 40lvl cleric stats to prove vit >mag

b:surrender

Well first noone is trying to prove that one build is better than the other. We are just trying to show the trade off. Thats why i used lvl 60 with no equipment but an arbor because its a good median for ppl to look at and its a point where capping at the 50 vit that was mentioned earlier is easily done. I prefer the full mag build but then again I got legendary gear with refines and shards which makes up for my lack of vit. Its all in how you play the game. Want to play cheaply, do alot of BH and level quickly add some vit and dont worry abt gear as much. If you dont mind leveling a bit slower, grind out level and accumulate coin to build up your gear go full mag. Again no one build is better.... unless you go HA then theres really not much hope b:shutup

Second..... i cant seem to get on pwcalc so i cant test itb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    plz guys stop convincing me to 50 vit on 60lvl b:cry
    i had at least 40 vit at 70 lvl and i think it was totally worth it b:cry
    (just few posts above i even wrote why by writing % hp/mag bonuses)

but since mag is multiplier so every lvl + better equipment will give more in stat and value of vit dramaticaly drop every lvl (hp from lvling and better refines/sharding) posting stats from one random lvl gives.. random info

describing complex phenomenon by one random example just must lead to false conclusions in future

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's a safer bet in earlier levels putting some into vit. How much? Depends on how much you're comfortable with. Keep in mind that you want to do enough damage to kill things fast enough (slower kills means more pots to burn through) yet survive some nasty ****. Later on, you WILL need a lot of HP so either plan on having vit or refining/sharding the hell out of your gear. There are handfuls of bosses clerics simply do not survive unless they have enough HP or phys def, and a full magic cleric is really a horrendous idea if one ever plans on actually doing that annoying thing clerics do called healing. Can't heal when you're dead.