So whats the point of the new classes

Comments

• Azazel - Dreamweaver
    Azazel - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    hm..havin an aoe decrease accuracy, an aoe stun, an aoe paralyze and an aoe bleed sounds nasty to me in PvP TW

back to psychic usefulness, I did some rb as a psychic and I find this class not bad for it, as chest digger and dder. The aoe cannot be spam but the cooldown between the time you get to cast your next skill is not long, put in buble of life or a spark skill while waiting for your non spark aoe.

in fb/bh, well think of psychic as a DDer, I mean, an archer goin all out will bound to stole agro from barb, psychic is the same. If you played archer with good gears you will stop atk sometimes to let the barb build agro. Before the new class come out, archer tend to stole agro a lot but why the hate on psychic?

About the buff, it increase 20% healin effect, reduce 3sec cooldown, work wonder in rb and on boss with debuff, it increase the healin power if a vit cleric on the team as their magic output is exchanged for their survival.

I dont really use landslide during pvp except they drop from the sky and get in 10m range, because the range sux, what really work is nuke spell (basic and aoe) disturbing soul, soulburn, soul of retaliation, soul of vengance, diminished vigor, red seal, increase matk charm, genie skills and apo pots.

Talkin about closin up the distance, I dont but I have a way to control it: use Holy Path . Veno has 25.5 range, cleric has 26.5, wizard and psy have 28.5, archer is 30.5~32.5, Psy has an ideal range for a dder.

And you welcome to stun a psyc, because the soul of rtard *cough* I mean...retaliation will absorb the stun and you are the one who stun, same thing for wiz's force of will, it does not work on cleric's sleep though, bug or intended unknown, we'll see

Yes, oracle noob are annoying, but believe me, psychic oracle noobs are more pleasant than cleric or barb.
  • PurpleBomber - Dreamweaver
    PurpleBomber - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Landslide. Has a lower casting range than you nukes, much akin to will of the phoenix.

The only difference is that WOTP aren't able to disrupt channeling. But you got to be close range to cast that.

Any wiz with half brain will never allow you to use that. Any competent wiz fighting you will always have stone barrier up, because that's where your nukes comes mainly from.

Let's not forget psys have no way in closing up the distance to cast landslide in and wiz and archers tend to keep maximum range.

Any classes that gets drops on anyone else usually winz, so tw-pvp is not a fair way to proof your class worth.

Being an archer, I will seek to stun you and aim low you if necessary and finish you off with normal crit shots.

You think you are good? That's because you probably sniped them from behind where they couldn't react in time and that's not true pvp, because clearly, we can see who has won already.

I'm not sure who you are dueling with, because the way you won them sounds as if they are not competent at all.

Anyway, TW and PVP is what you are probably good at, for everything else, there are always other classes more competent than you.

wow talk about people who dont read. Anyways "When did I say i was good" no where in my damn post get glasses. I only made suggestions based on experience. The way how you sound like is like your some pvp god "IF YOUR SO GOOD GIVE ALL OF US TIPS". If your not be quiet and let me give my 2 cents instead of bashing me. b:shutup
    Its like when you look into the eyes of a cute kitten or puppy it silently steals your soul.

But cmon THEY'RE CUTE!!! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cute punchy kitty. Please don't punch me with your cuteness. >_<
  • Arthios - Raging Tide
    Arthios - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You obviously spent NO time on this conclusion.

Psy for example.

I personally can beat all of the following in duels/pvp WITH EASE.

Archer, Wiz, Veno, Cleric, and Assassin. The only classes I have a hard time w/ are BMs and Barbs(barbs I can nearly beat, if I kite a little).

Its called actually knowing how to play your class. Psy is overall more versatile than a wiz. We do mass amount of dmg, and are great DDers. We also have an effective method of stopping agro from being pulled (Pop White Voodoo).

TW would be great with a Psych (I have yet to do one, waiting on 80+).

Low mana on a Psych? Are you insane? I have almost 8k MP at lvl 75. I can keep pounding away for almost an indefinite amount of time before popping a crab meat or my charm ticks.

The only way a psych uses ALOT of mana is if you are a fool and lvled all your soulforce skills (Which most don't change except for range and MANA COST).

We would be great in most parties. In my opinion people who actually know how to play Psychs will become quite a bit more desirable compared to a Wiz. Wiz is good for dmg, but Psychs can control dps easier, and we also have alot of helpful skills. Our party heal can be the lifesaver at times with aoe bosses. We also have have many status effect skills.

We may be a little squishy, but we are a great class.

I personally think that you didn't spend NEARLY enough time to draw a reasonable conclusion of the class.

If you don't like it, don't play it. We'd rather not hear you bashing the classes because of your lack of experience.

Thats just my 2 cents.

-Evil

never said psy's had no mana said they "eat" mana, at 5X every spell is about 150-200+ mp, had about 4200 ish mp at 51 pure mag build...and i said dueling was difficult not impossible, people get so defensive b:victory

ok dont feel like multi quoting on a earlier post that psys are the "DD's" in parties, we are decent DDs vs bosses...psy's do hit hard specially with black voodoo + a later matk buff the dmg is impressive, and as long as u dont spam u usually wont grab aggro (btw using white voodoo to prevent "aggro" is fail it kills ur dmg why even have u in the party?) but the main points are gamma/zhen/TT/TW parties... I saw another post that with low chi consuming skills/ 4 aoes that we could be the DDs in a zhen...sorry but as i think i mentioned unless u have a mp charm non stop its not gonna compare to a good ol fashion dragon breath

Also im not saying either class is a "bad" class just not a needed one, heck most tanks i find get angry if u cast vengence on em since it eats their mp DX

btw no comment on sins yet? (only read the first 2 pages so far so dont bite my head off if i missed it lol) b:surrender
  • Arthios - Raging Tide
    Arthios - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i am curious to see how well a LA psy can tank with white on ive seen a 6X psy tank krix and chin with a cleric (krix without a cleric) poor psy had his charms tick quiet a bit though b:sad

just finished reading the other 2 pages, i think my main psy point wasnt theyre useless but more about why bring a psy if u could bring a wiz? the aoe that lowers accuracy i see being pretty evil in TW though (pvp)

*edit* saw a post about tide spirit making skills instant cast? weird according to the skill description it increases channeling and Matk, why does the skill description lie to us >.< (like how it says glacial has a chance to stun, fail lol it should read immobilize *nod nod*) Just wish PW took the time to make a more original class, sins for example are completely different then the rest (compared only to archers because of build wise) psys feel like fishy wizards with no dragon breath (which i actually hope they edit or add a constant dmg skill for psys itll make them more wanted in zhens and I for one dont hold any hate for the tide =p)
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Then you are another fool who has no idea how to properly play the class.
    I apologize for "flaming" but it is quite annoying to see people degrade the class and try to say that all psychics are horrible. I level my char legit without oracles, and I know how to play the class. I don't spam chain spells or any other non-sense in BH/FB/etc.

Controlling dps is possible, and very easy. If your dag on White Voodoo is high enough for -99 atk level, then you will have NO problem with this. Even with a +4 weapon (I always use atleast +3 until lvl 90, no point going higher)

And common sense goes a long way.

The main problem is that most of you people complaining, are the ones who squad with the oracle noobs. The people who lvled so quickly, they don't know how to properly play their class.

So stop your complaining. I'm a lvl 75 Psychic, and I can attest to how good the class is. And it IS a viable alternative to a Wiz. And quite a bit more versatile as well. Our nukes can be devastating (Most of them have status affects added, stun, bleed, etc). Our AOE skills help alot as well, and with white voodoo, we don't need to worry about grabbing agro so much.

There are plenty of valid points to the class. The only bad ones I've really seen, are from the morons who don't know how to play their class.

I would also like to note, that if you truly have mana problems (This doesn't apply to non-pure builds, because they WILL have mana problems) then you messed your character up or something. I have 7.5k mana and the only time I run out is when I spam skills for well over 2-3 minutes. And I will reiterate that IF you leveled all your soul skills, then you may have mana problems (Its pointless to lvl the majority of them past lvl 1, because they only benefit from Range and MANA COST increases).

Plain and simple; If you have no idea what you are talking about, keep it to yourself.

First, most psy i had the poor luck to squad with, are usually people who have someone helping them through their fbs and bhs till they run with others.

In those times, they are used to spamming skills without getting themselves killed. They took it for norm and does that on our BH.

I have leveled the 3 DD classes, and this toon, being at this level, I do know how to play and what I am talking about.

Psys mana regen has always been bad, hence so much complaints on it. I'm a pure build with 9:1 distribution and my mana regen is not even fast enough to keep up at the rate I can fire off my skills.

I'm not gonna kill one target and wait for 40 secs before the next. So yeah, I could deplete my 5 k plus mana pretty fast within 5 minutes when I grinding target to target.

DO not forget though I am pure, I have mana regen cape and + mag to improve mana pool and regen. It's still not enough to keep up with the speed.

So it makes you look pretty bad when you talk right outta your hind, I have played this class, I know it's pitfalls.

If you do not know something, do not assume.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    wow talk about people who dont read. Anyways "When did I say i was good" no where in my damn post get glasses. I only made suggestions based on experience. The way how you sound like is like your some pvp god "IF YOUR SO GOOD GIVE ALL OF US TIPS". If your not be quiet and let me give my 2 cents instead of bashing me. b:shutup

You were stating in your post on how to pwn other classes? particulary on how to use your landslide against mages which the suggestion itself, is stupid.

Yes, you have pwn mages on a pve server who had not pvp experience... that is so 'pro' and do i need to congratulate you on your achievement?

and lastly, learntoformat your sentences to proof your pointb:bye
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Psys mana regen has always been bad, hence so much complaints on it. I'm a pure build with 9:1 distribution and my mana regen is not even fast enough to keep up at the rate I can fire off my skills.

I'm not gonna kill one target and wait for 40 secs before the next. So yeah, I could deplete my 5 k plus mana pretty fast within 5 minutes when I grinding target to target.

DO not forget though I am pure, I have mana regen cape and + mag to improve mana pool and regen. It's still not enough to keep up with the speed.

That's why you should use pots.... and i've played a wiz, psy and cleric..... psy have NO way to complain about their special mana drain.... it's no different than that of a wiz, and less in many cases than that of a cleric.

If you are't willing to wait a little while and slow down, then maybe you're also one of the people who just spam skills to kill fast.... who knows =p
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    i am curious to see how well a LA psy can tank with white on ive seen a 6X psy tank krix and chin with a cleric (krix without a cleric) poor psy had his charms tick quiet a bit though b:sad

just finished reading the other 2 pages, i think my main psy point wasnt theyre useless but more about why bring a psy if u could bring a wiz? the aoe that lowers accuracy i see being pretty evil in TW though (pvp)

*edit* saw a post about tide spirit making skills instant cast? weird according to the skill description it increases channeling and Matk, why does the skill description lie to us >.< (like how it says glacial has a chance to stun, fail lol it should read immobilize *nod nod*) Just wish PW took the time to make a more original class, sins for example are completely different then the rest (compared only to archers because of build wise) psys feel like fishy wizards with no dragon breath (which i actually hope they edit or add a constant dmg skill for psys itll make them more wanted in zhens and I for one dont hold any hate for the tide =p)

The point being that psy are not to replace any classes in the zhen setup.

Giving you a DB equivalent would spell that mages and archers are replaceable at any zhen parties.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    That's why you should use pots.... and i've played a wiz, psy and cleric..... psy have NO way to complain about their special mana drain.... it's no different than that of a wiz, and less in many cases than that of a cleric.

If you are't willing to wait a little while and slow down, then maybe you're also one of the people who just spam skills to kill fast.... who knows =p

I kill fast when I'm solo grinding. Note: SOLO and not in Instances.

Wiz can regen mana faster within 25-30 secs while having glacial barrier on (lvled of course).

The psy have nothing except pots, which in a way, it will cost you much.
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    I kill fast when I'm solo grinding. Note: SOLO and not in Instances.

Wiz can regen mana faster within 25-30 secs while having glacial barrier on (lvled of course).

The psy have nothing except pots, which in a way, it will cost you much.

25 to 30 seconds?! As if..... we have a larger mana pool than others..... and +20 regen while meditating doesn't help that much....

And regardless, crafting mana pots isn't hard or very time consuming... if you choose to buy the ingredients it can get a little costly, but everything has a cost...
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ask clerics about mana ...
    ask barbs and bms about hp pots
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    25 to 30 seconds?! As if..... we have a larger mana pool than others..... and +20 regen while meditating doesn't help that much....

And regardless, crafting mana pots isn't hard or very time consuming... if you choose to buy the ingredients it can get a little costly, but everything has a cost...

Yes, from less than 50 to full on my wiz with up to date glacial barrier.

I have crafted life powder which is much more important in case of emergencies.
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    I have crafted life powder which is much more important in case of emergencies.

Well that doesn't solve your problem now does it? b:surrender
  • EvilVisage - Heavens Tear
    EvilVisage - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So don't use pots? Use Crab meat, Jiaozi, etc. You act like this is not a problem with any caster.

And about "pulling stuff out of my behind." Please note my lvl, compared to yours on this particular class. I can say I have more experience playing the class, and at higher lvls. We have no mana deficiency. If you have that much problem, then get +mp regen gear. We have no lack of mana, so there is no point in having gear with +mana. Your a pure build with a 9-1 ratio. The same as me. I have none of the issues you have. I can solo grind about 10 mobs or so before I even have to think of regen. I have 7.6k mana now, and no problem at all. I kill most mobs at my lvl, and a few levels higher, with 5 or less hits (usually 2-3). So tell me how 2-3x 100 mana equals out to be your entire mana pool of over 5k? It doesn't. If you have this many problems, then I would re-roll to a different class. Its quite easy to play a psychic. We have phenomonal DPS, as well as status effects, and a huge advantage in grinding. I personally, almost never get hit. Cast 3-4 atks, and my target is dead. How much mana do I use? Less than 500 per mob... So at 500 per mob... I can kill roughly 15 mobs before I need to regen...

I'm sorry, but your testimony does not add up. I think you need to either re-evaluate your skill use, skill levels, gear, or ability to play a DD/caster effectively.

Once again, it comes down to bashing the class, for nonsense reasons.

Come find me in HT. Or message me as such. EvilVisage
    Got fish?
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If they are planning on new skills, be sure someone over in china be leaking news all over the place.

All you have are self assurance on skills that will be coming and when will it come? Perhaps next year in 2011?

If the skills are coming, why did they tweaked the Bubble of life which is essentially not doing much for the class?

If your TT 70- 90 weapons are coming, kindly explain why TT-100 weapon is in the game before 70-90 is implemented.

You have always been in unfair disadvantage while you are owning classes here and there.

its already been mentioned that the demon/sage skills for psys are coming. just read more...

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=576431

the demon/sage skills will come. its not matter of "if" its a matter of "when".
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So don't use pots? Use Crab meat, Jiaozi, etc. You act like this is not a problem with any caster.

this
    10 char lalala
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010

And about "pulling stuff out of my behind." Please note my lvl, compared to yours on this particular class. I can say I have more experience playing the class, and at higher lvls. We have no mana deficiency. If you have that much problem, then get +mp regen gear. We have no lack of mana, so there is no point in having gear with +mana. Your a pure build with a 9-1 ratio. The same as me. I have none of the issues you have. I can solo grind about 10 mobs or so before I even have to think of regen. I have 7.6k mana now, and no problem at all. I kill most mobs at my lvl, and a few levels higher, with 5 or less hits (usually 2-3). So tell me how 2-3x 100 mana equals out to be your entire mana pool of over 5k? It doesn't. If you have this many problems, then I would re-roll to a different class. Its quite easy to play a psychic. We have phenomonal DPS, as well as status effects, and a huge advantage in grinding. I personally, almost never get hit. Cast 3-4 atks, and my target is dead. How much mana do I use? Less than 500 per mob... So at 500 per mob... I can kill roughly 15 mobs before I need to regen...

I'm sorry, but your testimony does not add up. I think you need to either re-evaluate your skill use, skill levels, gear, or ability to play a DD/caster effectively.

Come find me in HT. Or message me as such. EvilVisage

I think I have stated clearly that I Have mana regen cape On Top of + Mag eq.

And FYI, I can kill 12-13 mobs if I waited a bit, but usually at 11 mobs maxed.

When I solo grind, I finish off a target and went to next without 40 secs delay, hence 11 mobs maxed.

I wouldn't call your DPS phenomenal as there are 2 other classes than can do higher dps at a faster rate.

This is also the reason why I'm bashing your idealistic claims on the class. You are not the best among casters, neither are you the best DD, in which your claims seems to indicate on how 'phenomenal' your dps is. Or perhaps, 'Stellar' would be a better word?

You suffer the pitfalls on mana like any other casters, except you are not able to regen at a faster rate, unless you stack mana regen gears.

So therefore, I am bringing you down back to earth because clearly, psys are not as good as you make it out to be.

If you are that good, everyone would want a psy in their squad for RB, zhenning.

Edit: Yes, while regening mana on my mage takes shorter time to fully regen, without poping mana pots or whatever food you need to waste which translate to higher cost to gain that efficiency.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    its already been mentioned that the demon/sage skills for psys are coming. just read more...

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=576431

the demon/sage skills will come. its not matter of "if" its a matter of "when".

would you mind pointing me to the direct post number for the sage/ demon?
  • EvilVisage - Heavens Tear
    EvilVisage - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Lol. I'm done arguing with you.

We are not the best casters, or even DDers. However your negative outlook on everything about the class, is complete ****.

Go flame elsewhere. The class is a very well balanced class, and its great.

And IN TIME, it will show, just how wrong you are.

I rest my case, and I don't care to argue anymore. Please learn to play the class better. Thx.
    Got fish?
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    would you mind pointing me to the direct post number for the sage/ demon?

its in the original post... im only using that as a source because that is the source ur going off of. but in no way is that source accurate because we still did not get the bloodpaint and bubble of life tweaks that were mentioned in that thread.

also, what is ur reason to why we are not getting sage/demon skills? what possible reason at all can u give to us not getting it when all of the other classes have it and thus have a significant advantage over us cuz of it o.O? we cant even get our 3rd spark right now cuz of this. so why would the devs set 2 classes back like that?
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Lol. I'm done arguing with you.

We are not the best casters, or even DDers. However your negative outlook on everything about the class, is complete ****.

Go flame elsewhere. The class is a very well balanced class, and its great.

And IN TIME, it will show, just how wrong you are.

I rest my case, and I don't care to argue anymore. Please learn to play the class better. Thx.

This is not flaming, correct me if I am wrong Mods.

I'm pointing out the pit falls of this class while you are trying to paint an idealistic view of it.

I seriously hope that you can prove to People on how wrong we are... Unless you get new skills, or by miracle, you demon and sage skills allows you be better than any class.

And I play my psy as what you are doing, except that I'm lowered level and not as well geared (cash rich to use food afor grinding and buying gears) as you.

KK b:thanksb:bye

edit: probably , this evilvisage is a well-funded alt of your main, explains your ability to use food for grinding. But not everyone is able to fund their alt or character to this extent.

What you have painted is a picture of yourself in well-geared scenario, but not everyone is that rich.

• Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This is flaming, correct wrong Mods?

I'm pointing out the pit paint idealistic view it!

I that you can to on how we are you get or by you and you be than any !

And I plan my wedding as what you are doing, except that I'm lowered and not rich to use food for grinding on my husband and you.

edit: probably , this evil is well-funded. Its ability to use food for grinding on men is the key to its success. But not everyone is able to fund their ex-tent.

you have painted a picture of your but!
    ps: not everyone is that rich

This.

/10char
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    This.

/10char

Hi Magickrap, thanks for posting krap. Reported for twisting my words. b:bye
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    its in the original post... im only using that as a source because that is the source ur going off of. but in no way is that source accurate because we still did not get the bloodpaint and bubble of life tweaks that were mentioned in that thread.

also, what is ur reason to why we are not getting sage/demon skills? what possible reason at all can u give to us not getting it when all of the other classes have it and thus have a significant advantage over us cuz of it o.O? we cant even get our 3rd spark right now cuz of this. so why would the devs set 2 classes back like that?

The original post stated changes for for bm, sin and psy. No mentioning of sage/demon or did i miss it somewhere?

It will come for sage and demon, but god knows when, until then I'm not gonna lvl this character.
  • Drake_Nexus - Lost City
    Drake_Nexus - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    omg why everybody dissing on the tides we are no better or worse then any class we are just like everybody else we have advantages in one situation and not in another... everybody says it like the tide classes cant be fit in anywhere once again i will state we are no worse or any better then any class
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    omg why everybody dissing on the tides we are no better or worse then any class we are just like everybody else we have advantages in one situation and not in another... everybody says it like the tide classes cant be fit in anywhere once again i will state we are no worse or any better then any class

Because the old classes were fine without the new classes. With the new classes, fishies are trying to prove their worth to other classes or even attempting to lay claims of replacing them.

Also, on top of that, their pioneers are krapping up the whole show by dpsing like a monkeys on steroids.

Then Psys and sins are having an easy time pwning classes left and right, gradually the discontent builds up.

Talks of replacing older classes and how phenomenal their dps is just ... BS.

I wonder if a psy (-channeling) can outdps an archer (-interval) with slingshot. If that's really possible, it's more than phenomenal, it's stellar.
  • KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear
    KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Having a veno, lv63 sin, and now a lv45 psy has given me no shortage of new ways to play the game.

I have found that veno can lure, dd, and tank in land, sea, and air and is pretty much easy to do well as. it does take some skill to master though as I've been with some really awful venos, who can't pull and never debuff the bosses or save dds who pull aggro when able.

As a sin I found it pretty close to veno, being a LA veno of course. I do way more damage way faster, and if i was pure dex i'd probably have aggro problems and no mp after a few skills. As it is I buff the squad and debuff the boss then auto attack and repeat. My build makes it so that i rarely need to back off the attacks. I could always use deep chill to slow dps if i had to or just stop attacking of course. The class is a lot of fun, and if they let me tele in fb i could catch runners that attack the cleric/assist attacking a new mob easier when the tank isn't around.

Psychic however has really been a learning experience. I am pure mag build and as such am playing my first arcane armor wearer and pure dd. The difference in how you need to play in and out of squad is like night and day.

At first I was stealing aggro even though I was barely even attacking. Being 26 lvs below the barb and using lv1 torrent on a mob they and a bm were already half done with really shouldn't have caused me to get aggro ><

More than any of the other classes I've played I have to really take into account the rest of the squad. As veno I could tank while the cleric revives the fail barb. As sin, I could freeze a runner so a cleric could get away. With both I could act independantly of the team for the benifit of the group when appropriate.

As psy I currently have to watch what everyone is doing at all times to know who to attack, and after how long to start or stop, etc. I can't aggro a mob trusting the barb to catch it. I can't send my pet to a second mob and aoe the one the tank is hitting.

I can't even knockback a mob if the cleric decides to steal aggro in most cases in a fb. Which is a situation that should never happen in the first place but keeps happening b:cry

I just got empowered vigor and already it has saved a wipe from happening. Bubble also saved a squad in tt just today (though it really should have been a wipe when cleric was still dd drum instead of bb when he started aoe).

When I play psy I just have to remember I'm a facilitator. I help finish off mobs, I don't nuke them, I don't run ahead and lure, etc.

Sometimes I can use black voodoo and spam skills since the barb knows what they are doing. Other times, when I notice that none of the mobs are ever bleeding from ripping bite/the barb is in human form only slap on white voodoo and feel pretty useless.

herc veno's mean I can play, tanking bms mean I should think really hard about pushing any buttons. Suicidal clerics might get a vigor buff, but NO bubble...you learn that pretty quick lol

Now though, with the 3 daily bh I see way more fail squads in the future v_v

As a veno I never had an issue finding a squad. As a dd, both my sin and psy have a hard time finding work. Same thing with archers from what my friends are saying. They have been kicked out of squads repeatedly because of some "no archers wanted" bs lately.
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • PurpleBomber - Dreamweaver
    PurpleBomber - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You were stating in your post on how to pwn other classes? particulary on how to use your landslide against mages which the suggestion itself, is stupid.

Yes, you have pwn mages on a pve server who had not pvp experience... that is so 'pro' and do i need to congratulate you on your achievement?

and lastly, learntoformat your sentences to proof your pointb:bye

I'm not so sure why your targeting me you must have a good explanation but i really don't care.

If a guy only gives hes opinions on a class and hes get bashed this much jeez, talk about making a thread.

Like i said before I'm giving my 2cents on what to do in pvp. Unless you have some sure fire way to deal with every class using a psy cause you sound very experienced.

A question where did you get the idea that pve servers don't have good pvpers. Just because they stay in a pve server doesn't mean they don't know how.

Also you may continue bash and tear me to pieces if you wish but im not in the type throw a sissy cuss fight with people, you may continue though "O great goddess of pvp and knowledge".

A question what does disturb soul do exactly?
    Is it a buff or something you buff the enemy with?

Another question, glacial shards literally is it worth upgrading?

Last question, which psy skill/skills do the masses prefer using?

Thank you b:laugh
    Its like when you look into the eyes of a cute kitten or puppy it silently steals your soul.

But cmon THEY'RE CUTE!!! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cute punchy kitty. Please don't punch me with your cuteness. >_<
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Having a veno, lv63 sin, and now a lv45 psy has given me no shortage of new ways to play the game.

I have found that veno can lure, dd, and tank in land, sea, and air and is pretty much easy to do well as. it does take some skill to master though as I've been with some really awful venos, who can't pull and never debuff the bosses or save dds who pull aggro when able.

As a sin I found it pretty close to veno, being a LA veno of course. I do way more damage way faster, and if i was pure dex i'd probably have aggro problems and no mp after a few skills. As it is I buff the squad and debuff the boss then auto attack and repeat. My build makes it so that i rarely need to back off the attacks. I could always use deep chill to slow dps if i had to or just stop attacking of course. The class is a lot of fun, and if they let me tele in fb i could catch runners that attack the cleric/assist attacking a new mob easier when the tank isn't around.

Psychic however has really been a learning experience. I am pure mag build and as such am playing my first arcane armor wearer and pure dd. The difference in how you need to play in and out of squad is like night and day.

At first I was stealing aggro even though I was barely even attacking. Being 26 lvs below the barb and using lv1 torrent on a mob they and a bm were already half done with really shouldn't have caused me to get aggro ><

More than any of the other classes I've played I have to really take into account the rest of the squad. As veno I could tank while the cleric revives the fail barb. As sin, I could freeze a runner so a cleric could get away. With both I could act independantly of the team for the benifit of the group when appropriate.

As psy I currently have to watch what everyone is doing at all times to know who to attack, and after how long to start or stop, etc. I can't aggro a mob trusting the barb to catch it. I can't send my pet to a second mob and aoe the one the tank is hitting.

I can't even knockback a mob if the cleric decides to steal aggro in most cases in a fb. Which is a situation that should never happen in the first place but keeps happening b:cry

I just got empowered vigor and already it has saved a wipe from happening. Bubble also saved a squad in tt just today (though it really should have been a wipe when cleric was still dd drum instead of bb when he started aoe).

When I play psy I just have to remember I'm a facilitator. I help finish off mobs, I don't nuke them, I don't run ahead and lure, etc.

Sometimes I can use black voodoo and spam skills since the barb knows what they are doing. Other times, when I notice that none of the mobs are ever bleeding from ripping bite/the barb is in human form only slap on white voodoo and feel pretty useless.

herc veno's mean I can play, tanking bms mean I should think really hard about pushing any buttons. Suicidal clerics might get a vigor buff, but NO bubble...you learn that pretty quick lol

Now though, with the 3 daily bh I see way more fail squads in the future v_v

As a veno I never had an issue finding a squad. As a dd, both my sin and psy have a hard time finding work. Same thing with archers from what my friends are saying. They have been kicked out of squads repeatedly because of some "no archers wanted" bs lately.

I'm fine on my archer, coming from a LA line of background with my characters, I know what to expect from a pure psy, damage being high enough + chain casting will be a bad idea in instances.

But however, alot of Psys that I see, took the instance as if they are solo- grinding and went on to attack mobs without barbs first getting aggro.

It's usually they die, or the barb is competent enough to get back the aggro. It's things like this that makes other classes angry as it might wipe the squad.

Usually clerics will not be healing the psy just in case the psy dies and it will be clerics turn.

How advices turned to deaf ears and soon history repeats itself at the boss. These incidents shouldn't even be happening if the psy simply did what you did or follow our advice.

Not every psy is bad, arrogant and a nub. But these bunch are certainly bringing the class down as oracle noobs.
  • milovan82
    milovan82 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No way you can control DPS easier. The psys that I have done BH with pulls aggro from barbs and blamed them for not holding aggro.

How are the barbs gonna hold aggro if you start nuking before the barb has full aggro?

How's the barb gonna hold aggro is you keep chaining your spells?

You being the DPS? You may be joking. Wanna try who starts snatching aggro first between an archer with W&C with - interval gear and a psy who can chain cast?

While you are doing your second casting, my second shot would have been out and my 3rd shot is already on it way.

So basically, you still need a charm and crab meat to sustain your mana, or simply, you mana pool has exceeded your mana usage by a few times.

And one psychic done a white voodoo to prevent pulling aggro, he still did with a +4 weapon.

The only way not to pull aggro is to SPACE out your nukes.

Seriously, this is the reason why we do not wanna squad with psys, because you guys are mostly noobs who just simply chain casted, pullling aggro and even dying from it when cleric refuses to heal.

People want wiz is because they do not chain cast like the psy and ignoring advices on preventing squad wipes.

Yes, TW and duels are prolly the best you can do.

OMG Who are you calling noob? Psy? HAHAHAH u must be joking! And its not true that ppl dont want to party with Psy's cuz i am the most wanted psy for party!!! And its fun to play psy class! Your problem that u dont know how to play it!!! Psy is the most powerful class same as other classes! Its only a matter if u know how to play or not! BTW you have to be smart to play this game cuz this game is not for everyone!!!