Me Eat Tideborns

Options

Comments

• Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have to disagree I'm level 70 psychic now so i hope my opinion counts.I just owned an archer lvl 85.had on me silence and stun curses.When the duel timer was at 1 i cast psychic will while the archer was chan some skill(the red one deadly shot i think it's the name).Totally resisted it he got silenced and stunned for 2 secs from my curses time enough for me to cast earth vector then landslide,spirit blast and aqua impact and there you go a 4k unbuffed lvl 85 archer dead.

For bms is alsmost the same have this time silence and retaliation to block his stun lock.Then go psychic will since he does phy dmg too and cast soulburn.His attacks get's resisted while he takes back 1-2k dmg for his every hit depending on your lvl vs his equip and lvl.then use usually landslide to finish him.This combo kills around 7k hp so you can do a lvl 80 bm pretty easy.

Mind you all this must be done fast and had at the right time so spend less time at killing oracle mobs and more at learning.
    Well since Hamsta asked for ways to kill me i have to say i have venos,well to be honest the pets.Even if they have a stupid golem they still take 2-3 hits to die and if they get to hit you they do serious dmg.

Ok...the red text there is the problem. I can kill clerics and wizards nearly 10 levels above me in duels...Heck, when I was in the 50's, I killed a level 7x cleric. Hamsta is more looking for PvP solutions compared to dueling.

As a veno under the sage/demon range, I'd say either a high level Lucky scarab or myriad, then ironwood, Blazing, nuke and Kite until finished. If you have a nix, then add a bit of flesh ream on there. Alternatively, you want either stun or debuff skills on your pets, such as pierce. Increase the modifiers against them, since Bramble Hood won't do much for you. Waste of 2 sparks in pvp, if you ask me. Better to use them to attack than for a useless buff.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ya me be looking more for PvP and TW solutions.
    b:surrender
    so that would mean you and the enemy could even be charmed, etc, etc.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I can only give my own experience real pvp it's the same only that you don't have the timer you just need to be even more better at timing your skills.
    My examples of duels are mostly from BHs where while waiting for some cheap dude that didn't used the stone to teleport inside i asked or was asked for some duels(training sessions if you want :9).
    Mine aren't advices and other might find venos easy and archers hard.
    Edit@hamsta as for charms the psychic will cast on you diminished vigor and cast on himslef empowered vigor.If both lvl 10 his charm can click 2 times while if you're alive maybe you'll be allowed to have a charm tick.In other words have a veno purge near to purge or they can be pretty nasty at 90+.The colldowns are pretty slow 30secs and 180 secs for curses so just like in a good star trek movie while his shields are down he's a free kill if he doesn't runs away in time
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I still eat psychics and sin's for breakfast b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle
    well seems like the barbs have no trouble.
    xD
    all they has to do is the same tactic they use against all the other classes.....
    tank their hits, walk up to them (or they teleport to you), bash face in. *Victory!*

so now other classes?
    any suggestions?
    xD
    (me welcome even tideborn vs tideborn ideas)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ecatomb claims diminished vigor and empower vigor both last for 90 seconds and both share a 90 second cooldown with each other. Is Ecatomb wrong?

No it's me explaining it bad.I can either have empowered vigor and holy path around casting from time to time because of the long range.Or if in a assault squad use diminished vigor on cata barbs or bms to kill them fast.This isn't " "tested on animals" yet since my psychic has 0 TWs at active for now.

As for psychic vs psychic.This is actually interesting.Depends on what the other has on,but i suggest as opener move to cast a DOT spell to cancel his curses and don't get alot of damage cast back.If instead on retaliation he has stun i suggest earth vector,4 secs stun vs 2 secs stun i ahve at my level/gear so you have time for another spell cast that atleast I would go for massive dmg skill,If you had full chi cast black voodoo now to get that last chi drop to ahve 2 sparks and cast red tide good dmg plus the phy bleed should hurt him bad.
    And you should start with white voodoo on to get as less dmg possible if the other psy plays the mad wizard and goes directly for high dmg skills without care for your curses.He will get damaged pretty bad and you will be hardly hit.After he cast his big bad skill cast earth vector on him to stun him and go to black voodoo after you stun him.At this point 1 hit or at max 2 should be enough to finish him no matter the level and in 4 secs you have time enough to write some msg in chat too :)jk
    Btw I don't mind losing I only means the other one outsmarted me and try to see what I've done wrong or how could i counter his skills/moves.
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So....this be a general all class discussion on ways to eat tideborns.

well here be me wizard plan....since psychics have that revenge skill....instead of shooting off a single ulti in hopes of 1 shotting em (just in case their revenge move actually deflects it and since assassins have that 1/4 chance to resist attakcs for a minute)....undine/sutra combo should work

anyone know any ideas for barb/bm/archer/cleric/venomancer/psychic/assassin?

ummm.. U no nom meh! Or else dis will be ur fate!
    funny-pictures-cat-is-pulled-to-dark-side.jpg
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Veno vs. Fish Face is easy. Veno sends in Nix, watches Fish Fry die, then watches them QQ about how overpowered Venos are like every other class does.
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Both die to Armageddon. Granted that I don't miss...

If I do, that's a different story. x.x
    Belligero
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i seen a lvl 79 psy 2 hit a lvl 81 BM today no joke. sins and psys are pretty powerfull but they can be countered. the psy was in PK mode btw and weaps tearing up alot of ppl... granted he did have +5 weapons and armor on and stuff.

he didnt last long tho since a lvl 90+ veno with a nyx came to shut him up. then he was just getting ganked over and over again after that.

and barbs vs sin is not what ppl think. a sin actually does decent dmg to a barb where as barb tends to miss alot or get his atks avoided by focus mind and tidal protection.
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i seen a lvl 79 psy 2 hit a lvl 81 BM today no joke. sins and psys are pretty powerfull but they can be countered. the psy was in PK mode btw and weaps tearing up alot of ppl... granted he did have +5 weapons and armor on and stuff.

he didnt last long tho since a lvl 90+ veno with a nyx came to shut him up. then he was just getting ganked over and over again after that.

and barbs vs sin is not what ppl think. a sin actually does decent dmg to a barb where as barb tends to miss alot or get his atks avoided by focus mind and tidal protection.

A barb vs a sin is a barb vs a LA fist BM. Plain and simple. Nothing special or wondrous about it. No oooohs or ahhhs. Sorry to burst your bubble :/ Not to mention, barbs have several skills that have 100% accuracy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    A barb vs a sin is a barb vs a LA fist BM. Plain and simple. Nothing special or wondrous about it. No oooohs or ahhhs. Sorry to burst your bubble :/ Not to mention, barbs have several skills that have 100% accuracy.

sins=/= fist BMs. wth u smokin? also 100% accuracy is for the evasion. a sin can still avoid those skills altogether with focus mind regardless of the 100% accuracy. and also tidal protection from any debuffs it gives.

the thing about sins is that they can spam there high dmging 2 spark lvl 59 skills and still have enought chi to spark erupt when needed. there chi gain abilities exceed that of a fist BM. the honestly wont have a problem with barbs. ive already seen sins 70+ sins beat barbs there lvl and i myself have beaten barbs my lvl. there u face a lvl 70+ sin u will find that they have no problem at all dishing dmg on u and sparking like like hell.

so honestly, sinvsbarb is not what ppl seem to think it is. fist BM vs barb =/= sin vs barb. and no im not saying a sin is better then a fist bm, not gonna get into that **** again. all im saying is that a sin can take down a barb with barely any problems.
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    he's right i'm only 45 and i don't know where to with all my chi. i constantly spam spark. at higher lvl it will be iven faster with the new skills. also sin is more pvp based then fist bms i'd say. we jstu don't have anything besides good pvp skills. grinding is sometimes a pain. tho it gets better
    edited January 2010
    Options
    not to mention that one of our skills increase our crit rate by 40%. at high lvls our crits rate will be insane so this will be more then enought to eat thru a barbs def and HP fairly easily. especially with wolf emblem and adv spark eruption on constantly.

so far we have rising dragon strike which gives 150 chi, taclking slash which gives 50 chi, inner harmony which gives 200 chi instantly when maxed and 150 chi at lvl 1, and force stealth which gives 100 chi.

that is 650 from those skills altogether. enought for 6 and a half sparks lol... and dont forget our reg atks which also gains chi pretty quickly.

so not only will sins out DPS and out damage a fist BM, but they will also gain chi alot faster and out spark them. we also have chill of the deep which increases our atk lvl to 30 at max. and dagger devotion which increases our dmg by 60% at max. we also have a amp dmg skill which will increase the dmg u take to 30% when maxed. we can also throw in a genie with tangling mire or something to increase the dmg we will due to u even more if really necessary.

trust me when i say we DO NOT lack in the damage department even on HA barbs. and we dont even have our demon/sage skills or 79/100 skills yet so who knows what new powers those will bring to the table once the finally implement it for us. imo barbs will just be a class that will take slightly more effort to take down but we can take them down and the dmg we will be doing on u will be far from laughable. we have to many skills to increase our dmg output and to keep us sparked up.

im not trying to promote high praise for the sin class or make them look OPed because they do have there downsides to. but ppl have to realize that both sin and psy were made and built to be PVP classes so they will be beasts in PvP when used correctly. but they CAN be beat and they cant take alot of dmg. they can easily be sniped off in places like TWs or a PvP server. there a class that need to be backed up from other players and almost always need constant buffs. there a class that prosper mainly in 1on1 fights and there skills are ment to incapacitate targets and draw them in a 1 on 1 fight and finish the target off before one of there buddies come to help them out. if a sin is cought alone and off guard they will go down very easily. especially if a wizard/veno wit nyx/archer catches them and sniped them before the sin can do **** about it.

so ya they have there faults and strenghts. but what im mainly trying to say is dont underestimate them. they can and will kill barbs and other HA classes given the chance.
  • ChainedDust - Heavens Tear
    ChainedDust - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I got jumped by a sin the other day. It went something like. Sin tele stunned. I got hit, hit, I recovered I stunned. Two skills then Heavens Flame to set up charm tick kill......wasn't needed he died by HF.....

edit:

This was lvl 8x? (legendary TT armor could have been higher) sin vs 94bm.
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I got jumped by a sin the other day. It went something like. Sin tele stunned. I got hit, hit, I recovered I stunned. Two skills then Heavens Flame to set up charm tick kill......wasn't needed he died by HF.....

edit:

This was lvl 8x? (legendary TT armor could have been higher) sin vs 94bm.
    b:victory
    bm vs sin is like.... bm vs close range archerb:shocked and we all know how thats gonna end b:sweat
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i would count sleep under atack so i guess u just sleep wait for the buff to tiem out and debuff>spark>tempest>item drop maybe xD>yay
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yeah tho i think we are the highest dmg class duo to buffs, don't forget that the bms and barbs aren't standing still and waiting for us to kill them. they as well attack....just so u knowXD. so to prevent dieing cause of our low hp we need to debuff them or use sleep and such sort of things....so u can see we won't jstu go in and spam or strongest skills and spark....pvp is mroe complicated than that^^. so i guess bms and archers WILL have an advantage(don'T forget genie skills which make u immun to debuffs of some sort) and if a bm manages a stunlock u won't be able to do anything not even with genie skills cause we have almsot no hp. it'll go pretty fast. maybe i'm wrong just my opinion. and yeah i'm a sin so normally i should tell "sins are gods in pvp and own everything" but no tis not like that i'd say(not to mention we just don't know a lot bout them yet). so bms and barbs will be a pain in the ****^^
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So....this be a general all class discussion on ways to eat tideborns.

i prefer my fish fried in batter with a bit of lemon =F~~

after playing a sin i have noticed that while we do have great damage out put, we don't really have any one "super" skill

BMS have heavens flame or there sword ulti

Wizards have blade tempest and ice dragon

barbs have prediction

venos have Parasitic Nova

clerics have tempest

archers have barrage

while the 59 sin skills are pretty nice, and power dash is amazing, but out of all 3 of our ultis only headhunt adds weapon damage and it's only +100% at level 10 =[
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

after playing a sin i have noticed that while we do have great damage out put, we don't really have any one "super" skill

BMS have heavens flame or there sword ulti

Wizards have blade tempest and ice dragon

barbs have prediction

venos have Parasitic Nova

clerics have tempest

archers have barrage

while the 59 sin skills are pretty nice, and power dash is amazing, but out of all 3 of our ultis only headhunt adds weapon damage and it's only +100% at level 1 =[

you do have a 400% weapon add aoe
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Meklomaniac - Lost City
    Meklomaniac - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Veno vs. Fish Face is easy. Veno sends in Nix, watches Fish Fry die, then watches them QQ about how overpowered Venos are like every other class does.

I got a better one. Veno sends out Nix on Sin, Sin uses Shadow escape, then one second later he's right behind you and stuns you and then finishes you off in 1-5 secondsb:cute
  • Exkaede - Lost City
    Exkaede - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    didnt bother to read all of the posts, but meh....
    Assasins, that know what they are doing, with a little help from a genie, will own all arcane and la classes, assuming they have kind of same quality on the eq. Heavy users wont have much problem with them, though there is a high risk of the assasin just going invisible and end of story.

Psychics however is a different thing. their self buffs make them kind of tricky, so try to learn which buff symbol do what. Other then that... just press the attack and try to do kill them before they can use their mean attack power.. I'd say they have higher dps then wiz, although i duno how their 79/sage/deamon skills will look...

p.s
    Its easy to say its a squishy class when most are low lvl... and those who are high lvl probably to busy doing oracles to get a good set, since they will grow out of it pretty fast anyway...
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lusca....
    you want to know teh 2 super skills assassins have??

1 = stealth.....
    2 = self revive with 20% life back.

both those things make assassins hard to kill....like "kill kill"
    (>.<)'
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I got a better one. Veno sends out Nix on Sin, Sin uses Shadow escape, then one second later he's right behind you and stuns you and then finishes you off in 1-5 secondsb:cute

And the veno just pops absolute domain while nix pecks and bleeds the sin >.< Than, if the sin still isn't dead, veno pops bramble hood than veno chains it with feral concentration and finally pops ironguard powder. Thats like 1 minute of invincibility - which is why venos are kinda hard to kill.

All tho might be another story when sins starts getting decent gear around 90+ with enough phy def to tank the bird for a bit while kiting til the veno is out of dmg immune skills.
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

"Fish are friends, not food." b:shocked
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    "Fish are friends, not food." b:shocked

hell no >=[
    Lusca....
    you want to know teh 2 super skills assassins have??

1 = stealth.....
    2 = self revive with 20% life back.

both those things make assassins hard to kill....like "kill kill"
    (>.<)'

yeahs but we're not tanks, assassins are meant to kill things, while our defensive skills are great and stealth is vital for an assassin class

and yeah earthen rift is nice

just kinda disappointed me that out of our 3 "ultis" only one adds weapon damage and it's only 100% but oh well lol
  • Mizore_P - Sanctuary
    Mizore_P - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nix returns to veno when you escape, and stunned veno does not mean stunned Nix. Nix can stun and bleed. A veno that was properly prepared could also tank your stun and 5 seconds of death (she has several skills which can help her there, unless she is low level). But I imagine months might go by before most venos learn how to fight assassins.

First of all if its Pk you won't even see us coming we'll get the first hit and we can sleep your pet and tele to you and by the time the pet comes to us you dead b:shocked
  • AmrothSokaro - Harshlands
    AmrothSokaro - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    To beat assassins in PVP, you must kill them before they stealth, a Wizard is very good at this BUT, If we are stealthed and you wear robe, it's GG.

And as for Barbs... Yea, feel proud of yourselves, your the Assassins weakness, anyways, I would just force stealth the hell away from them.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hell no >=[

yeahs but we're not tanks, assassins are meant to kill things, while our defensive skills are great and stealth is vital for an assassin class

and yeah earthen rift is nice

just kinda disappointed me that out of our 3 "ultis" only one adds weapon damage and it's only 100% but oh well lol

that be because...you guys attack dam fast already......
    ._.'
    srsly 100% extra damage along with your already high crit rates be HUGE.

AmrothSokaro has a good point.
    XD
    me drop pretty fast....(but then again me are not really a good target since me die frigging fast anyway to pretty much anything.)
    but assassins drop fast too lol.
    1 vs 1 be pretty difficult against a sin.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AmrothSokaro - Harshlands
    AmrothSokaro - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Don't be so humble MagicHamsta, I bet you make ridiculous amounts of damage If you get the first hit.