What happens if Light Armor Cleric wears Heavy Armor?

Options
2»

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'd read them before i posted- i quoted what i wanted to respond to. b:beatup
    my answers in option 1-3. You end up not getting a full cup of anything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Henchman - Dreamweaver
    Henchman - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You know, i pride myself in having tried every build imaginable.

If you want something with high pdef. i suggest you just put garnet in a LA set, rather then wasting your time with HA.

I tried HA build once, i call it a paladin :3 and it was fun. untill i got to some mobs that could actualy do something. you know wich ones im talking about around Broken Blow bluff. it was like watching a **** kid wack at a pinata. all i could do was watch in horror as i saw mobs tear into me like a turtle on the half shell. my plume shot was like shooting a nerf gun. my cyclone hit them like a summers breeze. needless to say i almost heard the sound of laughter as they tore me limb from limb. finaly after countless days and strugles i got out of that area and fought my first magic mob... you see, with most heavy armor classes you have to get close to damage, so magic mobs just run from you as you hit them. but when your a cleric all your attacks are ranged, so you basicly sit there and take hits while you out damage deal them. but what happens if you cant out DD them? IH Blessing...RIGHT! thats a good idea...except for this time around my IH even when stacked didnt help....cause they can two shot my crappy magic defence and dirt low hp.. even with hp shards it was nothing...

about this time i had enough with it and i just ragequit this cleric. My LA (Now arcane) build was worlds better
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    somethings wrong with that setup. Archangels isnt LA, the hat is only obtainable maybe after 1 year of farming in past archo, as its the higher version of the anni pack gears.

total seems to be 1.5k more HP, and 2k more pdef, less 4.5k mpdef, and less 2k attack as compared to an arcane with pdef and vit... because of the mag thats needed, your HP and pdef does not rise as much as it should be compared to the barb and bm counterpart. Imagine a bm having those stats. Its outright crappy. You can gain more and loose less by choosing LA if in dire need of hp and pdef.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    somethings wrong with that setup. Archangels isnt LA, the hat is only obtainable maybe after 1 year of farming in past archo, as its the higher version of the anni pack gears.

total seems to be 1.5k more HP, and 2k more pdef, less 4.5k mpdef, and less 2k attack as compared to an arcane with pdef and vit... because of the mag thats needed, your HP and pdef does not rise as much as it should be compared to the barb and bm counterpart. Imagine a bm having those stats. Its outright crappy. You can gain more and loose less by choosing LA if in dire need of hp and pdef.

Archangel isn't but in that site the naming is messed up. if you look at the stats its clearly robie. Anyways was just playing around with the simulator lol, and to see how one would pull it off and still wield a TT100. i actually think that with your level of refines and shards it'd be more spectacular. (+7 with perfects? :3) by the way, that's unbuffed.

this what it looks like buffed :o
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=1d5af2ebd8e79d8c
    maybe swindler's necklace is better...but archangel's belt stays or she can't wear the weapon lol.

and isnt the helm from packs grade 13?

both bms and barbs get more hp per level and per vit, so that's also why it doesn't look as good. if you take that same setup and switch the class to barb, you magically gain like 2k more hp -.-'
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • AlanWake - Harshlands
    AlanWake - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    everyone always seems to forget that heavy armor tends to tire us weakling players out more. . it's too heavy b:cry
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hmm probably Decp, like i said didnt play with stat points. But for the fun of it, will try to make a HA build with 3* gear with mag add on's and see b:chuckle

b:surprised amazed X__X;;
    b:dirty
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    that LA/AA from pwcalc is just a text bug

anyway if you take only LA vs HA (not counting vit AA and other builds)
    we can come up with a more accesible setup
    here is some lvl 90 cleric, LA build:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=1c1bd06b543ee4ee

here is some lvl 90 cleric, HA build:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=bf67dd96618dfb0b

one of these builds has more pdef/mdef/HP than the other one but less MAG.
    now depends of boss, HA build can switch from HA to AA or from AA to HA. Of course LA can also switch from LA to AA. At higher lvl (100) you can try TT90 HA and lvl 95-99 gear for a much better HA build. Shards/gear with +stats/refining has a big roll in this. For example, just by changing HA weapon from wheel to aquadash, his magic will go alot higher.

depends of playstyle, some will say that your heal will suck. even with that magic atk your heals will be decent and as you can see your magic defence in HA didnt go down as aexpected from most of you.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    my answers in option 1-3. You end up not getting a full cup of anything

Could you illustrate your comparative HA, LA, AA builds with end-game examples in pwcalc please. TY! b:bye
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Could you illustrate your comparative HA, LA, AA builds with end-game examples in pwcalc please. TY! b:bye
    The one i did was pretty much similar to the one kenlee did below here as u can see the gear is not uptodate, but is realistic;
    kenlee wrote: »
    here is some lvl 90 cleric, HA build:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=bf67dd96618dfb0b
    cept the problem was that my friend and i did it over msn and im not nerd enough to actually save those. Now unless you believe what Qui hamster posted, this:
    is actually a viable build, well then better start telling the public 'sensibly' thought out HA builds will easily cost 900M+ in coins and must have that 250M tome to actually be worth considering to switch over b:bye Not sure what your teddy stands for but i dont call things viable and worth insisting to others if costs a buttload just to make the stats well enough to argue over, and not even worth it if over half the pple cannot afford the cost. It seems pple are forgetting to add in the costs of diff. shards, sockets and tome, when they talk about builds. MY personal build im very satisfied with, but even then its less than the cost of an HA but still yet expensive that i would say its good, but never insist to follow it.

Or did u want me to make comparative HA, LA, AA builds without a budget lol b:chuckle

good lord...
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The one i did was pretty much similar to the one kenlee did below here as u can see the gear is not uptodate, but is realistic;

Ahaaa! TY! =D

cept the problem was that my friend and i did it over msn and im not nerd enough to actually save those. Now unless you believe what Qui hamster posted, this:

is actually a viable build, well then better start telling the public 'sensibly' thought out HA builds will easily cost 900M+ in coins and must have that 250M tome to actually be worth considering to switch over b:bye Not sure what your teddy stands for but i dont call things viable and worth insisting to others if costs a buttload just to make the stats well enough to argue over, and not even worth it if over half the pple cannot afford the cost. It seems pple are forgetting to add in the costs of diff. shards, sockets and tome, when they talk about builds. MY personal build im very satisfied with, but even then its less than the cost of an HA but still yet expensive that i would say its good, but never insist to follow it.

Or did u want me to make comparative HA, LA, AA builds without a budget lol b:chuckle

good lord...

lol? o_O!

I wasnt really referring to the cleric build Quilue posted. I was replying to I think a few pages ago I wondered about the HA build you used when you did simulations and then you said your answer was in those options you listed.

I still wasnt sure about how you built it just from reading those options so basically what I was asking was if you could post the HA simulation you used (end-gameish) and also a comparable arcane cleric so you could show the weaknesses you mention. I only do the 2nd quote because you mention LA would probably be better.... so I ask for that build too! b:chuckle

No idea why you'd get worked up over requests for examples... and a teddy! b:beatup but dont worry about it! XD
    --Retired--

edited January 2010
    Options
    lol? o_O!

I wasnt really referring to the cleric build Quilue posted. I was replying to I think a few pages ago I wondered about the HA build you used when you did simulations and then you said your answer was in those options you listed.

I still wasnt sure about how you built it just from reading those options so basically what I was asking was if you could post the HA simulation you used (end-gameish) and also a comparable arcane cleric so you could show the weaknesses you mention. I only do the 2nd quote because you mention LA would probably be better.... so I ask for that build too! b:chuckle

No idea why you'd get worked up over requests for examples... and a teddy! b:beatup but dont worry about it! XD
    i can try but i dont remember

EDIT*
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=5aeeae602c013b0f

note:
    -sockets are all 3, except for 1 'lucky' gear since 4 sockets for all are a bit unrealistic.
    -all gear cept weapon is +5. With warrenwolfys refining methods thats about 4M coins each to +5 with mirages and tienkangs.
    -tried to refrain from the REALLY expensive anni pack items like the tome and rings. (mold ring is easy to get and fairly cheap).
    -this is full on HA

If budget is involved im not sure if i would strongly recommend arcane, its nice but whatever is more comfortable to the players style. Arcane is only comparable if you are willing to spend alot of the shards and refining and also the anni pack items. If you ARE willing to spend it then u get a near good amout of HP and pdef with all the benefits of arcane attacks. (of course you could always swap some stats and equipt low lvl LA with arcane and try balance it out) This is my current build which is frankly a bit unreal to recommend. Depending on sage BM buff def goes 8.8k-10k
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d49a508b952bc873

This arcane setup and stats are probably near the norm;
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=df1f4ac1e8dc9c7d

as for LA......... its time for me to go back home from work :o no time
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    btw, the problem with these HA builds is that everyone is trying to wear HA around their lvl. i found that with a lower lvl HA plate/leggings (like TT90 at lvl 100) you can save some stat points, combined with very good tome will save some good points for mag/vit

now about this HA build. the problem is, past some point there is no need to add more pdef for a caster and you get less and less damage reduction for the amount of pdef you increase.
    as you can see, damage reduction is about 76%
    now, we are going to use some expensive stuff but on AA build. used only 3 sockets (average), refined +5. anyway, what are we looking for is the pdef (and hp ofc) which (surprise!) isnt that low.
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=f0144c59e65ca8e4
    damage reduction is about 72%. of course i've used a better tome and weapon/robe with pded status just show that you can get good pdef if you have that money to invest.
    if you do a similar LA build you will see that pdef/mdef/hp is visible lower than vit AA build, LA is probably the worst build when it comes to defences and HP for a caster but you gain some crits if that matter.

now if you take this vit AA build and make neck/belt +8 for example, you can change some garnets to citrine for almost the same pdef and more HP.
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=7a1e31af0e01a8a3
    edited January 2010
    Options
    btw, the problem with these HA builds is that everyone is trying to wear HA around their lvl. i found that with a lower lvl HA plate/leggings (like TT90 at lvl 100) you can save some stat points, combined with very good tome will save some good points for mag/vit

now about this HA build. the problem is, past some point there is no need to add more pdef for a caster and you get less and less damage reduction for the amount of pdef you increase.
    now, we are going to use some expensive stuff but on AA build. used only 3 sockets (average), refined +5. anyway, what are we looking for is the pdef (and hp ofc) which (surprise!) isnt that low.
    damage reduction is about 72%. of course i've used a better tome and weapon/robe with pded status just show that you can get good pdef if you have that money to invest.
    if you do a similar LA build you will see that pdef/mdef/hp is visible lower than vit AA build, LA is probably the worst build when it comes to defences and HP for a caster but you gain some crits if that matter.

now if you take this vit AA build and make neck/belt +8 for example, you can change some garnets to citrine for almost the same pdef and more HP.
    its SO nice to see builds that arent 100% citrine

wish that belt had some hp....
    b:chuckle
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Some interesting builds! b:dirty

Not a big fan of that HA Decep! Pretty useless swinging from high mdef/low pdef ---> low mdef/high pdef! b:chuckle

Like that arcane build @ kenlee. Not sure about the weapon and belt though. Defence stat is nice but you'd want a -chan or crit weapon surely. Think guard of thundershock is a better belt as well. ^^
    --Retired--

edited January 2010
    Options
    Some interesting builds! b:dirty

Not a big fan of that HA Decep! Pretty useless swinging from high mdef/low pdef ---> low mdef/high pdef! b:chuckle

Like that arcane build @ kenlee. Not sure about the weapon and belt though. Defence stat is nice but you'd want a -chan or crit weapon surely. Think guard of thundershock is a better belt as well. ^^
    i know right. for mine sad thing is you can barely put any vit unless your ready to kill your attack dmg more
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options

i realize that lol. the reason i used TT99 armor is because the difference between TT90 and TT99's requirements are about 23 strength and 5 dex. if you're going to wear HA at all, might as well go for broke and have as much refinement bonus and defense as possible. overall, i agree that heavy armor is just not a very good idea.
  • Holy_Justice - Heavens Tear
    Holy_Justice - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Whats A Hybrids Build Please
    "Want Me To Sing You Too Sleep"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have the answer to this..

Pdef shards b:victory It won't be as good as HA, but if you go for HA you'll Mdef will be much lower. Invest in some socket stones, some Pdef shards and you'll get better Pdef + a glowing body :3
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)