Question about security

Comments

• orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited August 2008
    ark wrote: »
    Yeah, but half the people on these boards don't have 5 friends.

1. xarfox
    2. bigkahunaburger
    3. randomuser

oh god!!! :eek::eek::eek:

- orinj
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • sahrai
    sahrai Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    orinj wrote: »
    1. xarfox
    2. bigkahunaburger
    3. randomuser

oh god!!! :eek::eek::eek:

- orinj

What about salt, hawk and... perril ?

Orinj is a snob? :<
    Official PWI irc: irc.deltaanime.net #pwint
    IdleRPG with hilarious customizations included. No chat penalty; others remain the same.
  • merulz
    merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    sahrai wrote: »
    What about salt, hawk and... perril ?

Orinj is a snob? :<

Pretty sure it was a joke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
    Server: irc.deltaanime.net
    Channel: #pwint
  • sahrai
    sahrai Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    merulz wrote: »
    Pretty sure it was a joke.

Pretty sure I wasn't serious.
    Official PWI irc: irc.deltaanime.net #pwint
    IdleRPG with hilarious customizations included. No chat penalty; others remain the same.
  • salt
    salt Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    orinj wrote: »
    1. xarfox
    2. bigkahunaburger
    3. randomuser

I feel so alone... :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tenkei
    tenkei Posts: 63
    edited August 2008
    You know Two Boxing or Multiclienting really isn't that different. If you got a setup at home like I do with a multi-screen/multi-desktop display you can easily set 2 or more screens to be different individual clients so you really are not missing anything with one session covering another and having to flip between them.

Though you have to have a pretty good computer to do this, in either case a two boxing player is generally easier to beat. I've gone against two boxing players before the general trick is go after the healer, most two boxing setups is a healer and tank set. If you go after the healer you generally force the two boxer to play 1 character leaving the tank unattended. If you got someone else that goes for the tank it's guarenteed that 1 of the two boxer's characters will die.

In larger scale battle were I notice a someone that seem to be two boxing often the healer throws in the cure that saves the warrior generally at the last minute. A well timed stun or interruption to that process always guarentees that both characters will die. Done it many a times in PvP Battlegrounds on WoW, and other PvP fights.

So really Two Boxing only benefits the player because he doesn't have to find a second person to help him farm were much of the time other players preffer to do it solo. Which kind of trails to another thing, just about everytime I farm solo I make less then working with a group in an area were you know vendor trash drops that other players would want. So you are generally better of regardless by farming with a group then trying to make money solo.
  • allarian210
    allarian210 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    hmmm, looking at this post I would think PW could do something Galaxy Online has done, namely they have made it so more than one instance of the client can be used but no more than 2 clients can be run on the same server at the same time. Basically if the client has the SAME IP the server counts the instances of the client using that IP and if more than 2 log in within a 24 hour period, bam, down to one client only for a period of time or banned if it happens too many times. They've also made it so you can't trade units and such between clients on very similar IPs but that might be a bit excessive for this game to do that. My point is that you could allow multiple instances but control how many instances so that people aren't dumb and do things like use a **** to play multiple instances of the game, and thus be likely to get banned.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    yes 10 char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    hmmm, looking at this post I would think PW could do something Galaxy Online has done, namely they have made it so more than one instance of the client can be used but no more than 2 clients can be run on the same server at the same time. Basically if the client has the SAME IP the server counts the instances of the client using that IP and if more than 2 log in within a 24 hour period, bam, down to one client only for a period of time or banned if it happens too many times. They've also made it so you can't trade units and such between clients on very similar IPs but that might be a bit excessive for this game to do that. My point is that you could allow multiple instances but control how many instances so that people aren't dumb and do things like use a **** to play multiple instances of the game, and thus be likely to get banned.

My entire family plays, if this was implemented we would get in trouble for all three of us being online at once...b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    karmelia wrote: »
    DoubleBoxing is and should remain legal. Double boxing = using more than one computer to play at the same time from the same IP. If they forbid it, then players playing from schools, or couple playing from the same house could not play, they all use the same IP from a router.

Multiclienting is opening more than one instance of the game with one computer. That is theorically forbidden on the MY-EN server. There was no words about this here yet. And the ToS don't make mention of it so far.
    They have made mention of it several times. You can not run more than 1 client on more than 1 computer.

I feel so alone... :(
    Ok seriously, Gm's are all food related? What gives? Do they not let you eat at work? We've got Orinj,salt,kahunaburger,spoons? b:chuckle If I was Xar I'd be afriad, oh yes... very afraid.
    My entire family plays, if this was implemented we would get in trouble for all three of us being online at once...b:sad

We have 4 computers all in the same room so we can communicate. Ah I'm getting attacked, heal plz. We all ran out of buffs buff pls. This is one freaking huge monster.. don't even try it we need more help.

It makes it much easier! Than having to type stuff. But 4 computers, 4 different clients, 4 different accounts, 1 ip. That is totally allowed. I doubt I'd pay for 4 different IP's a month so that we could all play, actually I know I can't. It would be in their best interest to always allow this type of play... otherwise cash flow would be suspended quite a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Da_Chica - Heavens Tear
    Da_Chica - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    tell me what about this :

i play PW with my sister , each with a different PC (in same house & same router) but we both use each others profile.

We are the ONLY 2 that got logins of each other.

i played sometimes with my sister's profile (veno with herc lvl 78) to grind on mobs to get easy money.

then after got good money i mailed the money to my profile (cleric lvl 71) to got more money to buy faster wings etc , and continue playing with my profile.

sudenly after several days , my sister played with her profile (cleric lvl70) and did a FB run in a squad , then sudenly a server message apeared on screen :
    " YOU HAVE BEEN BOOTED "

i was playing with my profile at this moment.

it cleary means that somebody else logged in into her acount but who ??

She tryed to login again and she wasn't able to & forum login told that she was banned.

we posted here on forum ending with ticket posts.

they answered : You have been banned for hacking somebody else profile.

but we did nothing wrong. we both where playing with our profiles.

i sended a ticket back and explained everything in good details what happened & asked to do a IP check to look if somebody else logged in into her acount and did hacking stuff and if possible BAN IP that not match with our IP.

i know they can do this cause every game servers have SERVER LOGS.

honestly we are to stupid to **** and why would we ?

after sending this ticket they never sended back.

it's like they igniore us.

Result :

She lost 1 acount with many different chars in high raised lvl's and we didnt do anything. just played.

Honestly since this hapened i dont like PW so much more like before.

why ? cause we puted almost 1 year in this profile to raise high chars in lvl's & putted a lot of REAL money in this game to lose it for something we not did.

and we lost a lot of boutique stuff to.

MY Question is :

can a GM post a ticket for us with this description of what happened?

maybe they will act faster.

Sorry for the long post but i want some justice for that.

acount information from my sister : <edited> (banned profile that we want back)

chars names : thibootje - Booty - uglyclerics - ...

i realy hope this time after severals weeks waiting we finaly can have a good answer back.

thx for the help.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Forums are not the place to deal with this stuff Da Chica, your post is actually in violation of ToS b:bye
  • Da_Chica - Heavens Tear
    Da_Chica - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    violation ok , but don't we have some rights ?

trust me if that would happen to you , you will be even up set lik me & my sis or even worser upset.

im just asking for some justice cause what hapened ir realy unfair and this is 1 thing that break ur community trust me.

if a GM can post a ticket i would much apreciate this.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You can't share your account with anyone. By your own admission you violated rules you had agreed to follow. PW has rights too.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Don't force me to close this as well - take my advice from the other thread, Chica.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Not to mention, even without the admission of guilt; it would be a tough prove.

My mom has 2 computers, and sometimes signs into one and forgets she's signed in, and signs in on the other. Which then logs her off the one she was signed in on at first. (she's 51 and forgetful) anyways... it would be tough for them to prove if you were on the same ip address in the same home that it wasn't the same person logging in.

Now.. since you were sent something that says you ****, and that is what got you banned. I would be inclined to say it was proven that you **** an account that was in no way related to your isp all together. Might check with your sister, but someone apparently was using someone elses account all together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MajinTakai - Heavens Tear
    MajinTakai - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    alright. im not sure if this thread is dead or not but i have a serious question to the GMs. alright so i have been told recently that u can open 2 clients one 1 computer, now i know its not aloud but what if i have a low lvl char on one file and a high lvl char on another and noones able or willing to help with a quest... can i open 2 clients to help "myslef" with a quest? i wanted to try it but i didnt want to get banned so i figured i would ask first b:victory
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    alright. im not sure if this thread is dead or not but i have a serious question to the GMs. alright so i have been told recently that u can open 2 clients one 1 computer, now i know its not aloud but what if i have a low lvl char on one file and a high lvl char on another and noones able or willing to help with a quest... can i open 2 clients to help "myslef" with a quest? i wanted to try it but i didnt want to get banned so i figured i would ask first b:victory

you cannot do that. you will get ban hamstered.
    ._.'
    that be MultiClienting
    you need to have 1 client running on 1 computer. (Multiboxing be having multiple computers and running 1 client on each)

Necro necro necro~
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ok this thread has officially been necroed twice
    fail
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • MajinTakai - Heavens Tear
    MajinTakai - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    thanks but id like to know from a GM and if what ur saying is true...why the hell not? noone will help so why cant i just help my self?
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=552241&highlight=multiclienting gm said no. its illegal, take peoples words for it, not everyones an idiot here. now someone lock this stupid thread.
  • Gandora - Harshlands
    Gandora - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Do people go out of their way to look for threads to necro? This thread started back in 2008 b:shocked.

As for getting help from your higher lvl character, your out of luck. If no one is willing to help other than you higher lvl, well the only thing you can do is think about how much people suck, or wonder why the GMs dont allow a multiclient feature. An alternative would be to buy another comp cheap and log on with a second comp.
    edited January 2010
    seriously me would multiclient with 5 of meself if it were allowed...(it be pretty easy to do)
    but since it be against the actual rules as stated by a GM me don't.
    :(

._.'
    although if me could it would make finding botters a whole lot easier.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belief - Harshlands
    Belief - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No Offence but, if someone tries to find an answer to a question already asked before, he is advised "use the effin search button" or "use the search function noob".

If the said person does so and posts... Guess what happens...

"NECRO!!!"

b:thanks

EDIT : How can you figure out that whether Iam using multiclients on a single P.C or Using multiple machines on the same network? b:shutup
    Aurian: Loyal? Power-hoes are loyal to nobody
    edited January 2010
    No Offence but, if someone tries to find an answer to a question already asked before, he is advised "use the effin search button" or "use the search function noob".

If the said person does so and posts... Guess what happens...

"NECRO!!!"

fail....
    usually threads be abandoned as the question be already answered....
    ._.' which be why searching in the first place actually works. (>.<)'
    if you has another question regarding teh aforementioned thread then you start a new thread.
    b:surrender
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belief - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    fail....
    usually threads be abandoned as the question be already answered....
    ._.' which be why searching in the first place actually works. (>.<)'
    if you has another question regarding teh aforementioned thread then you start a new thread.

No good Sir, what if we have different question to a particular topic.
    Shall we start a new topic altogether or post in same?

P.S- Dint understand the "fail" part. b:sad
    edited January 2010
    No good Sir, what if we have different question to a particular topic.
    Shall we start a new topic altogether or post in same?

P.S- Dint understand the "fail" part. b:sad

if one has a different question to a particular topic then they can start a new thread.
    as it be a new topic. (me recommend they link to the old thread just to clarify stuff though)

and teh fail was people who be advised to: ""use the effin search button" or "use the search function noob".

If the said person does so and posts... Guess what happens..."

hasn't learned proper forum etiquette in the first place.
    ._.'
    (GMs and mods has come about in necroed threads with valid questions and closed them since they would rather you open a new thread instead of confoosing someone and necroing threads)
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belief - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    if one has a different question to a particular topic then they can start a new thread.
    as it be a new topic. (me recommend they link to the old thread just to clarify stuff though)

and teh fail was people who be advised to: ""use the effin search button" or "use the search function noob".

If the said person does so and posts... Guess what happens..."

hasn't learned proper forum etiquette in the first place.
    ._.'
    (GMs and mods has come about in necroed threads with valid questions and closed them since they would rather you open a new thread instead of confoosing someone and necroing threads)

Wokay...b:victory

But what about the question I asked before.. Is it really possible to detect multiclienting?b:surrender
    edited January 2010
    Wokay...b:victory

But what about the question I asked before.. Is it really possible to detect multiclienting?b:surrender

yesh.
    there be ways.
    b:avoid
    to detect multiclienting
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belief - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    yesh.
    there be ways.
    to detect multiclienting

Mayhaps b:chuckle b:chuckle