Tideborn Elder Quest Chain

Scutillette - Sanctuary
Scutillette - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
What do people think of this quest chain? For those who don't know, it's a higher-level chain (probably 20+) that involves the elder of Raging Tide, a Tideborn named Super Trout (yeah...), and a human named Dizzy/Aurose. The starting quest can be obtained from the elder of your starting city. It mostly involves flying between, but eventually covers the seven "coming of age" trials, a surprisingly difficult boss fight, and a quest that takes place in a special instance of the Palace of Nirvana.

First of all, this quest gives GODLY amounts of exp. The Coming of Age section alone gives 700,000 exp total, and the other quests give around 5-100k each (average is around 30). My cleric went from 66/85% to 68/40% from this chain and the treasure diving chain alone, and I'm only up to the level 50-60 portion. It's also given me roughly half a million coins.

Biggest complaint is the translation. There are minor translation errors in all of PWI, which is understandable, given that it's originally an Asian-language game. But the text for these quests look like they were a huge rush-job. It's at the point where it's painful to read b:surrender

That said, there are a couple of lines that cracked me up XD

Player: What do you want from me?
Aurose: Give me a rank 16 weapon.
Player: No.
Aurose: Give me gold.
Player: No!
Aurose: Can I have a Wraith Officer's Badge? I need to get more reputation.
Player: I can't defeat the Wraiths.
Aurose: God, you're so poor!

It's also interesting to see PWI attempting to simulate a dynamic battle (there are two quests where you're involved in a battle between an army of Tideborn and Wraiths). Unfortunately it's not very convincing, and you can just use the pull-and-kill tactics you use during grinding. It's also not very convincing when (highlight for spoiler) an NPC dies dramatically in a quest but he's still at the same place he always was on the world map.

Still, it's nice that they gave our existing characters an exp-heavy quest chain about the Tideborn. I was honestly expecting all of the added quests to be either TB starter quests, Public quests, or marriage quests, with nothing for our normal characters.
Post edited by Scutillette - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Psilo - Dreamweaver
    Psilo - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Can't get this quest chain. b:cry

After I get it from my starting town elder I could see the quests for a moment but then it went away.
    Now if I try to talk with the tideborn elder it shows the quest marker silver and I can't get the quest. Can't get it from my elder again either. Dialogue gives hits that it thinks im under lvl 51. No sing of the quest in log. Anyone else having this problem?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Did you go to Dreamweaver and investigate the stella? That's the next step after talking to your elder. Quest string is:

Home city elder
    Stella (pillar on hill south of Dreamweaver Port docks)
    Super Trout (just south of stella)
    Etherblade
    Etherblade Lake
    Aurose
    Lost City
    Plume
    Archosaur
    Boatman
    Fisherman
    Orsim (near Anglers Village)
    Tideborn Elder (where you can pick up the 7 coming of age quests, which I haven't worked through yet.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Barring the shoddy translation...

Best.

Quest.

Storyline.

EVAR.

ಥ_ಥ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • mellanie
    mellanie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have similar problem. I came to elder and he gave me the waypoint to Raging tides but the chain didn't start. So I went to Dreamweaver port. Although I found this Stela, there was nothing about this quest. Quite weird. I went back to my elder but he wasn't offering any quests. Then I went to Tideborn elder and it showed me the same dialogue it had given to you.
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Barring the shoddy translation...

Best.

Quest.

Storyline.

EVAR.

ಥ_ಥ

True !!
    I liked it also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dominatrixee - Harshlands
    Dominatrixee - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hope it isnt glitched...I got the quests and read all of em but I think I saw one with "party" had to kill a boss with a party under level 80 or sumthin? Unless that was the level 60 boss...woo hoo went from level 45 to 48 by doing those quests! b:victory
  • Tranzmaster - Lost City
    Tranzmaster - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm lvl 62 and i think i completed the whole chain. The last thing i did was killing Tideborn Traitor (boss). I recieved 45 mirages and refining items in total from the whole chain.

Can someone confirm that killing Tideborn Traitor the last part is from the chain?
  • IDaun - Raging Tide
    IDaun - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    There are two versions of the loyalty? one. One version is if you want a level 80+ person to do the boss for you, choose it, and it'll take off a lot of the reward... but you'll still complete it. The other choice is if you want to solo it (completely possible, I solo'd it with only a little kiting, level 58 wizzie) you get full credit... around 200k exp, IIRC. Can't remember the spirit/coin numbers. First time I've seen PWI not encourage higher levels soloing stuff for you. I like it.

Overall, I <3 this quest chain. I'm stuck at the one where they tele you somewhere and you have to kill a bunch of mobs (undead officers or something) but that's just 'cause I'm not fast enough in killing them. So far, though, I've loved this. Definitely deviating from PW's normal "go kill 50 of these" quests. As a result of this, though... I now have over 50 quests in my 'find quest' list. b:surrender And counting.

Leveled from 54-58 so far, and about to hit 59. b:victory
  • Asthedium - Heavens Tear
    Asthedium - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So for some reason after speaking to Super Trout and being told to go to Etherblade, upon reaching Etherblade via flying, the quest...doesn't seem to recognize that I'm in the city? Went to the Elder, nothing. Flew around the city to double check, ran around, too. Nothing. Faction mentioned I might have to teleport to Etherblade, so I tried that from Dreamweaver. Still nothing.

Wondering if this quest is glitched or something. Disappointed. Anyone have any ideas about why I'm in Etherblade but the quest is still telling me to go there?
  • seuen
    seuen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm lvl 62 and i think i completed the whole chain. The last thing i did was killing Tideborn Traitor (boss). I recieved 45 mirages and refining items in total from the whole chain.

Can someone confirm that killing Tideborn Traitor the last part is from the chain?

I am at the same point is there more after this part or is the quest done
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    talk to a NPC south of White sand beach ( under ome mushroom) for the next step

but beware.. last bos is really hard , long .. and must be soloed
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • focy
    focy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ok i dont know what part i need to do next. after the room of Nirvana or whatever i did a few more parts like talking to Dizzy and the other one from Anglers. i made the potion with the thorn hearts and the flowers gave it back to the dude in Anglers. now i cant find the next part anywhere. i went to Dizzy Emerald Moon TB Elder even the one in DWP im not getting anymore quest im lvl 57 i should still have more to do. like that BIG boss but i heard i need to kill the TB traitor for the second time. i dont know im really lost
  • Ylraws - Sanctuary
    Ylraws - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    What is the level req for the coming of age trials?
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I started the Tideborn Elder Quest Chain at lvl40 and they were not as hard as the ones lvl60+ are talking about. I think it depends on what lvl you receive the Elders quest as to how hard they are? I loved the quest also and ended with lvl43. Then the Tideborn Elder told me to bring him 7 Tokens to get me to lvl51. But he didn't tell me what to do to obtain the 7 Tokens. I completed 7 lvls in the quest at Tideborn, but then was then told about 7 Tokens. Anyone know what the 7 Tokens are about? Thanks
  • SacredPride - Heavens Tear
    SacredPride - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This quest is like doing a WQ except MORE exp :)

Too bad charm you get in the end isn't tradable and you can't ever do it again lol
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This quest is like doing a WQ except MORE exp :)

Too bad charm you get in the end isn't tradable and you can't ever do it again lol

About that charm...

my friend and I have been doin this chain together and we have just killed the traitor for the second time to get the raw energy crystal.
    were both level 73 and there doesnt seem to be any more in the chain but neither of us have gotten a charm...
    is it because were just too low a level? would appreciate the help :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • T_IGE_R - Lost City
    T_IGE_R - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Love this quest chain ^_^
  • Crasius - Dreamweaver
    Crasius - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Where are the "flowers" located ?? need 15
    M T b:cool
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    About that charm...

my friend and I have been doin this chain together and we have just killed the traitor for the second time to get the raw energy crystal.
    were both level 73 and there doesnt seem to be any more in the chain but neither of us have gotten a charm...
    is it because were just too low a level? would appreciate the help :3
    You don't get the charm until the next part, after killing Lochmur Guardian Beast. The next part starts at the NPC Reivi mentioned, named Emerald Moon.
    Where are the "flowers" located ?? need 15
    North of the city, around bloody lake or whatever it's called. There's dozens of them, it's pretty hard to miss.
  • Amelliena - Heavens Tear
    Amelliena - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You don't get the charm until the next part, after killing Lochmur Guardian Beast. The next part starts at the NPC Reivi mentioned, named Emerald Moon.

Who doesn't show up on the quest search. Or didn't for me anyway. She's at 648 111

And yes this chain is absolutely epic. Think I've made about 30% exp off it so far =D
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ahh I see... found it now ^^
    cept... man that fish is so hard >.< Im gonna have to train up my tank or spend allot of time and potions on my main pet b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I found Emerald Moon and she says to find her memory on White Sand Beach. I've been all over that beach and nothing. I asked in faction and got suggestions ranging from "in the water" to "talk to the Lochmer at the other end of the beach." I did all of these things and nothing. Is there some trick to this? Am I looking for a boss fish to spawn or is there a step or two in between?

Edit: Okay, it looks like the problem is that I was not standing still long enough. The pop-up triggered when I stood still near the Lochmer for more than 30 seconds.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • AXEL_koh - Sanctuary
    AXEL_koh - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    um where do you find the power devices? need 6 of em
  • abeck37
    abeck37 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ok, my hubby and I are doing this quest. He is lvl 90...and i'm so lower than he is lvl 49. I got the flowers....depleted energy crystals, killed the mermaid tb traitor, killed the staunch worms and then i turned those in to the elder. Got it. did the Will power quest. That was stupid tricky.b:chuckle. Turned it in. Got it. Then I found i had all seven medals. Went to tb Elder....shield silver. obviously I forgot something. Came here to this forum. Went to Emerald Moon. No Quest. Went to elder only quest is the Warrior's Proof. Can't accept it because the Emerald Moon quest isn't finished. WTH?! Submitted ticket. Wondering.....what else to do? Any ideas from someone?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    um where do you find the power devices? need 6 of em

They're the purple pillars you find around Raging Tide.
    abeck37 wrote: »
    Ok, my hubby and I are doing this quest. He is lvl 90...and i'm so lower than he is lvl 49. I got the flowers....depleted energy crystals, killed the mermaid tb traitor, killed the staunch worms and then i turned those in to the elder. Got it. did the Will power quest. That was stupid tricky.b:chuckle. Turned it in. Got it. Then I found i had all seven medals. Went to tb Elder....shield silver. obviously I forgot something. Came here to this forum. Went to Emerald Moon. No Quest. Went to elder only quest is the Warrior's Proof. Can't accept it because the Emerald Moon quest isn't finished. WTH?! Submitted ticket. Wondering.....what else to do? Any ideas from someone?

You have to get to level 51 to get the continuation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • FemSage - Dreamweaver
    FemSage - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I ran through the entire chain starting from the Elder in my home city. The quests were surprisingly easy, considering the rewards granted. Very nice! Levelled up in a couple hours.

Found a huge difference between the boss Tideborn Traitor (MP) and Tideborn Traitor (SP). You can do ONE only. The (MP) one is Level 150 with 100,000 HP. The (SP) one is Level 60 with 80,000 HP (also lower defense) -- a lot easier battle in solo. The coin, exp and spr rewards appear to be the same but I can't be sure as I could only do one.

The chain is completed when you do the final quest for Goshiki called Farewell, after returning to the white beach with the mermaid's amulet (forgot the name of it). You get that amulet when you beat the boss. I never did the Emerald Moon quest, as it disappeared after I defeated the boss (a red-herring quest?). You take it to White Sand Beach, and wander around until you get a pop-up message (AND you can get it while flying/moving).

Btw, you can do these quests in any order. I did my boss fight last.

The quests or missions are:

Dexterity: Kill 5 Staunch Worms (Level 100 with 300 HP) They don't attack, don't move fast or anything.

Courage: Kill 10 Senile Iblis outside Swiftwind Camp (Level 42 with 8072 HP).

Strength: Gather 5 Depleted Energy Crystals. You need the pickaxe. Nothing difficult about it. They are on the sea floor near White Sand Beach and there's no mobs there at all.

Wisdom: Kill 10 Spiralshell Crabs. The real crabs look no different but your hits will be ten times lower than with the fake crabs.

Loyalty (MP) see above.

Willpower: Stand at the center star at the teleport ring. Stay there. You will be tempted to find Duke Blacke in less than 30 seconds for a super reward. (I would have liked to try this in squad just to see if there's any value to their "temptations." LOL)

Sacrifice: Collect 5, 10 or 15 Tideborn Flowers. On shores of Lake of Blood (farmed mine at 661, 155).

Loyalty (SP) see above.

After completing the above you should have 7 Tideborn Warrior Tokens in your inventory. Next do the Warrior's Proof quest. You MUST be Level 51+ to do it. (I think that sucks cuz, come on, if a lower level (40+) can defeat the boss, why should they have to wait?)

All in all it was a rather pleasant run. If you like difficulty, then you might not enjoy these. LOL
  • Merulla - Sanctuary
    Merulla - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If i take the harder Tideborn Traitor quest (one wth 100k Hp) can someone
    heal me from outside? I killed it while friend healed me and i didnn't get the kill :(
  • xxibatistaxx
    xxibatistaxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Can't get this quest chain. b:cry

After I get it from my starting town elder I could see the quests for a moment but then it went away.
    Now if I try to talk with the tideborn elder it shows the quest marker silver and I can't get the quest. Can't get it from my elder again either. Dialogue gives hits that it thinks im under lvl 51. No sing of the quest in log. Anyone else having this problem?

i think u have to teleport to dreamweaver port with the scroll in ur inventory and then talk to a guy or sumthin by a stone but i may be wrong
  • _xXRoXaSXx_ - Heavens Tear
    _xXRoXaSXx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    focy wrote: »
    ok i dont know what part i need to do next. after the room of Nirvana or whatever i did a few more parts like talking to Dizzy and the other one from Anglers. i made the potion with the thorn hearts and the flowers gave it back to the dude in Anglers. now i cant find the next part anywhere. i went to Dizzy Emerald Moon TB Elder even the one in DWP im not getting anymore quest im lvl 57 i should still have more to do. like that BIG boss but i heard i need to kill the TB traitor for the second time. i dont know im really lost

im at the same part and for some reason people always ignore me when i ask that question :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear
    Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    talk to a NPC south of White sand beach ( under ome mushroom) for the next step

but beware.. last bos is really hard , long .. and must be soloed

Soloing that Fish is the end of this Chain Quest? Or is there a continuation somewhere?